Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just The Way I Am: new challenge

Hello,and welcome to my first post on the Sims 4 forums! Today I''ll bring to you a new challenge called "Just The Way I Am". This will be a new and hopefully difficult way to keep you entertained!

NOVICE RULES
First, in CAS, you create your Sim. The appearance can be any way you want, apart from the hair colour. We'll talk about that later. However, all your traits must be emotional! This will mean you don't have to mould out a winning combo, or at least it's not as complicated.
Your choices are:
POSITIVE- choose 1
Cheerful(becomes Happy)
Creative(become Inspired, and although they're sometimes upset when not being Creative, being Creative is a good idea for almost everyone.)
Genius (become Focused)
Self-Assured- these Sims are just often Confident- nothing else to it.
NEUTRAL/NEGATIVE, choose 2
Active- not everyone has time for workouts! Neutral.
Gloomy- who wants to be sad? Negative.
Goofball- would be Positive, but you can die by being playful! Neutral.
Hot-Headed- who wants to be angry? Negative.
Romantic- Sometimes you don't have time to flirt. Although it's probably an OK idea still, like Goofball. Neutral,but close to good. I recommend this.

Your goal is to achieve one apiration in all Aspiration types over the generations. These are: Athletic (Bodybuilder), Creativity (Bestselling Author, Musical Genius, or Painter Extraordinare), Deviance (Public Enemy and Chief of Mischief), Family (Big Happy Family and Successful Lineage), Food (Master Chef and Master Mixoligist), Fortune (Fabulously Wealthy and Mansion Baron), Knowledge (Renaissance Sim, Nerd Brain, and Computer Whiz), Love (Hopeful Romantic and Soulmate), Nature (Freelance Botanist, Angling Ace and The Curator) and Popularity (Friend of the World, Party Animal and Joke Star.)
Depending on your Aspiration Type, you must have a certain hair colour.
Love: Pink
Nature: Green
Deviance: Black
Popularity: Yellow/Blonde
Knowledge: Brown
Creativity: Light Blue
Athletic: White/Grey (you may break this if you want a young-looking Sim, in which case go for light blonde.)
Food: Purple
Family: Dark Blue

For the first 3 generations, only emotional traits are acceptable.
For the next 2, Hobbies are allowed too.
For the 3 after that, you're also allowed Social. BUT one of the traits must be negative (Not neutral. Or positive,but you knew that.)
Then, if you really can't do 1 per generation, Lifestyles come into play. Still one negative though, mind. This goes on for 5 years.
So at the end of 13 generations without accomplishing your goal, you fail Novice Level. More rules soon.

Comments

• TheSimulatorSimmerTheSimulatorSimmer Posts: 36 Member
    Normal rules:
    At the start you still CAS like in Novice, but all traits are avaliable of the bat. However, all are negative!
    You must also do this for the founder's children. However, the grandchildren only need 2 negative. This si the first of 3 gens to go this way. After that, only 1 negative trait must be selected.
    There is 1 big difference, though. You must complete all aspirations rather than aspiration types! The aspirations are in the Novice rules and there are 23 aspirations (I think ;)) so you have 15 gens to complete the task. You fail if you don't!
    ALso, there must be a Family Trait. This must be a Negative or Neutral Lifestyle or Social trait. If it's Neutral, you must wait until Neutrals are allowed, then give all the trait. We're talking children- Captain One-Traits. Negagive is the same, except it's in the bloodline from your founder.
    Here is a list of Negative, Neutral and Positive traits.
    Negative:
    Gloomy
    Hot-Headed
    Clumsy
    Glutton
    Lazy (like me :D)
    Snob
    Evil
    Hates Children
    Loner
    Mean

Neutral:
    Active
    Romantic
    Goofball
    Foodie
    Childish
    Insane (my Family Trait)
    Materialistic
    Slob
    Non-Committal

Positive:
    Cheerful
    Creative
    Genius
    Self-Assured
    Art Lover
    Bookworm
    Geek
    Music Lover
    Perfectionist
    Ambitious
    Loves Outdoors
    Neat
    Bro
    Family-Orientated
    Good
    Outgoing
    Hard rules:
    Yes, this is going to be tricky. But there is no time limit, so I guess...
    In Hard difficulty, you have to max all skills as well as achieve all aspirations. Some will be required due to aspiration and job. Others? Not so easy!
    The Family Trait rule has changed. It has to be NEGATIVE. And you have to choose from 3 pools.
    Pool 1:
    Gloomy, Hates Children, Snob and Lazy.
    Pool 2:
    Hot-Headed, Loner and Mean.
    Pool 3: Clumsy, Evil and Glutton.
    For 2 generations, your Pool 1 trait is your FT,then Pool 2 for the next couple, then Pool 3, then it recycles back to your Pool 1 trait. It repeatsm until you've completed.

Warning: Extra Hard'll be extra hard.
    Extra Hard:
    Same as Hard, but you have to do Aspirations in this order:
    Public Enemy- Good trait required
    Chief of Mischief: Clumsy trait required
    Bodybuilder: Lazy trait required
    Fabulously Wealthy: Materialistic trait required
    Mansion Baron: Loves Outdoors trait required
    Musical Genius: Art Lover trait required
    Painter Extraordinare: Music Lover trait required
    Bestselling Author: Insane trait required
    Nerd Brain: Hot-Headed trait required
    Master Mixologist- Glutton trait required
    Master Chef- Childish trait required
    Soulmate- Non-Comittal trait required
    Hopeful Romantic- Family- Orientated trait required
    Angling Ace- no trait required, you may choose
    Freelance Botanist- Neat trait required
    The Curator- Lazy trait required
    Party Animal- Loner trait required
    Joke Star- Mean trait required
    FRIEND OF THE WORLD(FINAL STAGE)- Loner trait required, when finished must throw Gold medal party

You win when you finish Friend of the World and have a Gold party!
    SCORING
    Have Child- 20 points
    Complete Aspiration- 60 points
    Max-out Skill- 35 points
    Move house to somewhere worth at least 10% more- 20 points
    Finish- 100 points
    Throw Gold party- 15 points
    Have Gold date- 10 points
    Have Grim visit by old age- 10 points
    Have Grim visit by accidental death- minus 20 points
    Have a bladder failure- minus 10 points, and probably 30 as you die of embarresment ;) EA things
    Have an energy failure while pregnant- 2 points #PartOfTheExperience
    Have an energy failurewhile not pregnant- minus 10 points
    Feedback? Please?
    OK, nobody likes this
    I think I'll do it, anyway. Novice first
    Bump :'(
    Is there anyone on earth that will try this? :'( :'(
    > @cully_c said:
    > Lol! It sounds interesting! How are you getting on so far?
    I'm working with Samuel Doran, a Self-Confident, Romantic and Goofballish Sim that aspires to find his Soulmate. Screengrabbing is broken on my version of TS4 though. Would anyone be interested?
    Your "To be A Sim-Illionaire" series is awesome by the way! How did you not die that time you were at Eliza's?
    Is anyone checking this out? If so, how's it going?
  • cully_ccully_c Posts: 655 Member
    > @cully_c said:<br />
    > Lol! It sounds interesting! How are you getting on so far?<br />
    I'm working with Samuel Doran, a Self-Confident, Romantic and Goofballish Sim that aspires to find his Soulmate. Screengrabbing is broken on my version of TS4 though. Would anyone be interested?

Intrested in your story? I think you should give it a go. That's the only way to see. Plus if people see the challenge unfolding they are more likely to give it a go if it looks fun/challenging/interesting.

Hope you don't mind but I submitted your challenge on another post here, someone is collecting all the challenges in one place, kind of a reference post for people after something new. That'll perhaps give you a bit more exposure :)

Post is here

Your "To be A Sim-Illionaire" series is awesome by the way! How did you not die that time you were at Eliza's?

LOL. No idea :) She's fun to write. Finding her story a lot easier to write than my legacy, I just can't seem to find the voice for that one, think it's cos it's more serious! I'll get there I'm sure :)
    > @cully_c said:
    > TheSimulatorSimmer wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Intrested in your story? I think you should give it a go. That's the only way to see. Plus if people see the challenge unfolding they are more likely to give it a go if it looks fun/challenging/interesting.
    >
    > Hope you don't mind but I submitted your challenge on another post here, someone is collecting all the challenges in one place, kind of a reference post for people after something new. That'll perhaps give you a bit more exposure :)
    >
    > Post is here
    >
    > TheSimulatorSimmer wrote: »
    >
    > Your "To be A Sim-Illionaire" series is awesome by the way! How did you not die that time you were at Eliza's?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > LOL. No idea :) She's fun to write. Finding her story a lot easier to write than my legacy, I just can't seem to find the voice for that one, think it's cos it's more serious! I'll get there I'm sure :)

I'm pretty sure you grasped I meant the Mortified part, but I guess most humans could die of hysteria too :D I saw the post in my notifications, and it'll help some more notice it as well. I just tried writing on Wordpress though, and it was tricky without pics. Is there a SImmer that I could tell the details to that would make him? Just so I wouldn't have to write 20 post's worth about appearance :p
    What isn't working? The print screen or the Tab option to take photos?
    Button to take pics; nothing appears. Dunno why.
    Button to take pics; nothing appears. Dunno why.
    What the 'C' button?

And there's nothing in your screenshots folder?
    nope
  • FroggyKarenFroggyKaren Posts: 398 Member
    I like this challenge. I'm waiting to get bored with my current save before I start over and try a challenge and story. I've never done either. But I've been reading some stories and I am thinking I might like to give it a go though. Im a little nervous though...lol.
    I like this challenge. I'm waiting to get bored with my current save before I start over and try a challenge and story. I've never done either. But I've been reading some stories and I am thinking I might like to give it a go though. Im a little nervous though...lol.

Somehow I had gone through 4 versions of the sims without realising there were challenges! lol! I'm really enjoying having that little bit of focus :)
    I'm going to uninstall+reinstall
  • worsiedogworsiedog Posts: 376 Member
    I'm going to uninstall+reinstall

Did that help your screenshots?

Yes it did, I'll try and get it up. The only prob is that my Sims PC is not the ChromebookI use, so it may take a while