The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

KaylyRed's Creations - [NEW] The Celestory - Mid-century Modern Ranch

Comments

• KaylyRedKaylyRed Posts: 309 Member
    Thanks for your kind comments, @lessthanzero1013, @jenba72 and @masajo!
    Download the Americana Series! Sears catalog kit homes and more from 20thCentury America. Additional manors and community builds in my Showcase Thread.| Origin ID: KaylyRed

• Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    Woodhaven is beautifully done! Really like how you used rocks as a border for the planter. I also like the brick wall texture you used in the kitchen!
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    I saw the Woodhaven in the gallery! I am very impressed with the architecture! Simply stunning! Inside, I just love that kitchen! <3
    SACRED GROUNDS CAFE

This is my first community build and it was a lot of fun to do! Sacred Grounds Cafe is actually set up as a museum so that it can easily serve as a wedding venue. There's a kitchen area, bar, and plenty of lounge space. There's also a huge yard set up for weddings, complete with an arch, cake table, and plenty of seating. Hope your sims enjoy!

10_18_14_2_57_AM_2.png
    10_18_14_2_57_AM.png
    10_18_14_2_57_AM_3.png
    10_18_14_2_58_AM.png
    10_18_14_2_58_AM_2.png
    10_18_14_2_58_AM_3.png
    10_18_14_3_22_AM_2.png
    Download the Americana Series! Sears catalog kit homes and more from 20thCentury America. Additional manors and community builds in my Showcase Thread.| Origin ID: KaylyRed

What a fun build Kayly! I love how you have enlarged the pot and the interiors are fantastic! <3
  • TheMatteo0TheMatteo0 Posts: 509 Member
    Your Sacred Grounds Cafe is beautiful, it looks like a very authentic Cafe build with a great exterior and interior design and nice landscaping too, a lovely build all around, congrats :)!
  • PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    Very fun and creative build :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,569 Member
    edited October 2014
    Sacred Grounds Cafe is very nice! :) Very nice exterior of the building! The dormers look great and great texture that you have used for the exterior. It looks nice how you have used the awnings. The enlarged teapots at the front of the building and on the upper balcony look great! They are fun for sims to see when coming to the venue. It looks great how you have placed the windows in the build. The roofing is great! Nice curved front porch. Very nice outdoors wedding ceremony area! The back outdoors area is very nice. It is a very nice place for sims to enjoy getting married outdoors in the sunshine with the flowers around them. The bird bath and flowers on the pedestal are nice touches there. It looks great how you have set up the seats for the guests to enjoy sitting on and watching the ceremony. It looks nice how you have placed the tables and chairs in the back outdoors area for sims to enjoy eating food at the reception.Very nice furnishing of the interior of the venue. Great bar area. It looks nice how you have placed the shelves on the wall. Great alcove area for sims to enjoy sitting at the taboes there and eating or drinking. Sims will enjoy listening to the music from the grahd piano being played whilst sitting on the dining seats or on the bar stools. Nice fireplace sitting area for sims to enjoy sitting and resting on the sofa and having a chat. It looks very nice how you have placed the pictures on the walls through the interior for sims to enjoy seeing whilst sitting and eating or drinking there. It looks nice the type of curtains that you have used in the build.
    It is a very nice place for sims to visit for eating and drinking, and to get married :)
  • lessthanzero1013lessthanzero1013 Posts: 464 Member
    Looks beautiful Kayly!! :)
    Feel free to add me on Origin: lessthanzero1013
    00d43057-3a6e-4d56-8f19-6ae0d13c18ba_zps7c6fa94e.jpg
  • Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    @KaylyRed - Great wedding venue! The style reminds me a lot of a European village setting.
    5sXtTqH.png
  • bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    Love Storybook Cottage and the Sacred Grounds Cafe. It great having somewhere to have weddings that is already set up.
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

@yanti68 - Thank you, as always, dear Yanti!

@TheMatteo0, @Manssom, @lessthanzero1013, @kamb1403 - Thank you very much for your kind words!

@rosemow - My gratitude again for your very thoughtful posts. <3

@Ash072 - Thanks! I was going for a sort of European cottage feel, with a quaint cottage garden look outside. Glad I pulled it off. :)

THE CELESTORY

A sleek mid-century modern ranch for sims who love a hip retro vibe!

10_19_14_10_06_PM_2.png
    10_19_14_10_01_PM.png
    10_19_14_10_07_PM_2.png
    10_19_14_10_03_PM.png
    10_19_14_10_03_PM_2.png
    10_19_14_10_04_PM.png
    10_19_14_10_04_PM_2.png
    10_19_14_10_07_PM_3.png
    10_19_14_10_08_PM.png

• masajomasajo Posts: 6,002 Member
    The Celestory is a lovely build with gorgeous interiors :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    The Celestory is very nice! :) Very nice exterior design of it! It looks very nice how you have used the pillars in the front porch! The lantern lights are nice touches in the front porch. The roofing of the home looks great, and it looks very nice how you have placed the windows in the build! Nice textures of the exterior. The flowers, plants, tress and rocks look so very nice how you have placed them on the front edges of the home! The water fountain feature is nice for sims to see when coming home. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The stone texture that you have used for the walls looks nice. Very nice design of the kitchen! The blue and green colour scheme of the kitchen looks very nice, and it looks great how you have placed the kitchen cabinets there! Great bar stool counter for sims to enjoy sitting at and eat a meal. The type of ceiling lights that you have used there look nice. It looks very nice that you have a sofa sitting area nearby in the kitchen for sims to enjoy sitting, resting and having a chat after cooking and dining. Very nice living room ! The green colour of the sofas looks great with the texture of the wallls and the pictures on the wall. Great corner windows study nook area for sims to enjoy sitting at the table using a computer or reading a book enjoying the sunshine coming in onto them through the windows. Nice masterbedroom. The pattern on the wall looks nice. It looks very nice how you have placed the cabinets around the bedhead!
    The home is very nice! :)
    Thank you so much, @masajo and @rosemow! <3

• Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    Beautiful new builds, I especially love the cafe! That is a must for my neighborhood, I'm lacking in good community lots. The kettle above the entrance is genius, as is all of the details you've incorporated! Nice job! :)
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
    Celestory is a very pretty modern home! Lovely exterior! Great placement of windows! The interiors looks fantastic too! :D
  • bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    I love the sunken lounge in Celestory. Very creative and looks like a great home.
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

edited October 2014
    Many thanks, @Chris2fer03 - I hope you give the cafe a try in your neighborhood. My sims love to hang out there.

And thank you, @yanti68 and @kamb1403! I don't usually build modern homes, but the mid-century moderns from the 50s have an aesthetic I really like. :)

• luvtitanicluvtitanic Posts: 23 New Member
    I love Mid-Century so much and your ranch house is the literal epitome of the style. I love it!
    luvtitanic wrote: »
    I love Mid-Century so much and your ranch house is the literal epitome of the style. I love it!

Thanks, @luvtitanic! I'm a big fan of the style, too. There's a cute little mid-century modern in my neighborhood that I walk by every time I walk the dog. I have house envy. :)

Here's a picture, thanks to Google maps. Doesn't really do it justice. But this was my introduction to mid-century style, and I've liked it ever since.

midcentury.jpg

The home that you pass by in your neighbourhood looks great! :) It is nice that it has inspired you to create mid century modern homes in the sims.
  • BakieBakie Posts: 279 Member
    Very nice homes! About Storybook cottage, it doesnt look like it's from a fairy tale....it IS a fairytale house! ;)
    An about Sacred Grounds Cafe, Great idea to enlarge the coffee can to put it above your door! Looks very good! And great use of colors, there are not many houses with that roofing color. Great job!
    Want to make your own Custom Content for The Sims 4, but don't know how to start? Please visit my Youtube Channel for multiple English Spoken tutorials:
    <url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrMuxltq5mlcMjf6h7qrKzQ">BakieGaming YouTube Channel</url>
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Kayly, all of your homes as well as your Sacred Grounds are Gorgeous! I love your attention to detail. Beautiful designs, interiors and landscaping. I will be sure to check out all your builds in the Gallery too. :D