Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Achievements? Achievements!

Comments

• Alyssia29Alyssia29 Posts: 128 Member
    edited October 2014
    @JoxerTM22 Sorry to ask directly to you but I know you did alot of achievement... It's because I cannot do the ''time'' one... I've already played for 300 something hours and I had only one for that... Is it broken or I am doing something wrong? :flushed:
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    edited October 2014
    It's not broken. It was introduced with the recent patch and is tracking time since then (4 days ago).
    Which means just continue to play the game, it'll kick in eventually.

I also still didn't get it although by Origin I'm about 300 hours in the game. But since we got the patch I did play, just not 100 hours. It'll happen eventually.
    Here's the pic (means I played the game for 33 hours since the patch came):
    time.jpg

You're not doing anything wrong, don't worry. Just play the game, have fun with it and in a few days (okay, probably a week) the achievement will kick in!
  • KlrSimsKlrSims Posts: 185 Member
    @JoxerTM22 Hi :) one of my spouses died in the game and finally game back as a ghost. now, I'm not able to Marry or invite to move in. it's not a playable member yet. any suggestions?
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    Joxer - According to my records, 7 new achievements were added with the recent patch.
    - However, 7 are not there anymore:

Aspirational
    Baby Boom
    'Til Death Do Us Part
    So...I'll Call You
    I'll Get Around To It
    What Makes a Sim Turn Neutral
    Problem Child

Do you have any idea if we can still achieve those 7? Like are they just hidden now? Or have they actually been removed? (I'm thinking this is how it will be in the future as well...new ones added, older ones become obsolete/temporary.)
    edited October 2014
    KlrSims wrote: »
    @JoxerTM22 Hi :) one of my spouses died in the game and finally game back as a ghost. now, I'm not able to Marry or invite to move in. it's not a playable member yet. any suggestions?
    Add the ghost to the household first, max green line ofc to get the option, related pic:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12798896/#Comment_12798896
    Pamhamlet wrote: »
    Joxer - According to my records, 7 new achievements were added with the recent patch.

Aspirational
    Baby Boom
    'Til Death Do Us Part
    So...I'll Call You
    I'll Get Around To It
    Problem Child

Do you have any idea if we can still achieve those 7? Like are they just hidden now? Or have they actually been removed? (I'm thinking this is how it will be in the future as well...new ones added, older ones become obsolete/temporary.)

Those are hidden achievements. Never appear visible in a new game.
    You can still do them all, they show up only when done.

Problem Child is either bugged or there is a requirement I'm not aware of.
    All others are solvable.

For Aspirational you need to complete all aspirations that exist in the game. This means at least one of your sims has to pursue mixologist career (due to questionable design decision, mixologist can complete both culinary aspirations, chef can't do both). It's not necessary that only one sim does them all, you may use different sims for different aspirations.
    What Makes a Sim Turn Neutral needs you to pet/micromanage one sim so the emotion state doesn't go negative for 48 ingame hours. No need to force yourself into doing that achievement deliberately, it'll happen by itself eventually (when you buy all those nifty whimrewards, like immunity to tense and embarassment).
    Baby Boom is 400 babies challenge. Yup, not 100. You probably saw only threads about 100 babies challenge, that's not it. You need to have 400 babies in your town to get Baby Boom achievement. I'm not sure yet how to do that one very fast (if only we knew how to get triplets on each birth, it'd be easy).
    First post in this thread contains links with hints and requirements on other hidden achievements I've solved.
    edited October 2014
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    Add the ghost to the household first, max green line ofc to get the option, related pic:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12798896/#Comment_12798896
    Pamhamlet wrote: »

Aspirational
    Baby Boom
    'Til Death Do Us Part
    So...I'll Call You
    I'll Get Around To It
    Problem Child

Those are hidden achievements. Never appear visible in a new game.
    You can still do them all, they show up only when done.

Problem Child is either bugged or there is a requirement I'm not aware of.
    All others are solvable.

For Aspirational you need to complete all aspirations that exist in the game. This means at least one of your sims has to pursue mixologist career (due to questionable design decision, mixologist can complete both culinary aspirations, chef can't do both).
    What Makes a Sim Turn Neutral needs you to pet/micromanage one sim so the emotion state doesn't go negative for 48 ingame hours. No need to force yourself into doing that achievement deliberately, it'll happen by itself eventually (when you buy all those nifty whimrewards, like immunity to tense and embarassment).
    Baby Boom is 400 babies challenge. Yup, not 100. You probably saw only threads about 100 babies challenge, that's not it. You need to have 400 babies in your town to get Baby Boom achievement. I'm not sure yet how to do that one very fast (if only we knew how to get triplets on each birth, it'd be easy).
    First post in this thread contains links with hints and requirements on other hidden achievements I've solved.

Got the ghost to join, finally! Thanks :) Keep us posted on how to do the 400 baby challenge. cause isn't there a 180 sim limit to the worlds?
    edited October 2014
    Limit on sims, yup. But babies are technically - objects. ;)
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    Okay, good to know we can still do them and they're not removed. Yes--I have this thread bookmarked! Thanks for all your help and tips. :)
    edited October 2014
    @JoxerTM22

were you able to figure out the achievement "WooHoo!"? When I woohoo with non player sims the 0/50 doesn't change. is this broken still?
    Post edited by KlrSims on
  • Eduardx123Eduardx123 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Hey man i haven't been able to complete the Til Death Do Us Part,i married a sim the she went elder and then whoohed her in the rocket and she went death,but it didn´t unlock!

Anything i missed?
    Hey man i haven't been able to complete the Til Death Do Us Part,i married a sim the she went elder and then whoohed her in the rocket and she went death,but it didn´t unlock!

Anything i missed?

what I did was throw a wedding party but don't have them get married...have the elder die from the rocket woohoo before you get them married. it unlocked for me
    @JoxerTM22
    were you able to figure out the achievement "WooHoo!"? When I woohoo with non player sims the 0/50 doesn't change. is this broken still?
    It's still broken.

Til Death Do Us Part
    throw a wedding party but don't have them get married...have the elder die from the rocket woohoo before you get them married.
    Exactly. ;)

• Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    The achievements were a good idea but implemented poorly. People get achievements so they can show them off to their friends on some kind of online profile and they don't want to have to earn those achievements over and over again for every new game they start.

I was really excited about the achievements when I first heard about them but after discovering that I can't show them off anywhere and that I had to re-earn them on every save file, it turned me off of caring about them. What's the point in earning achievements that no one but me can see and that disappear every time I start a new game?

I hope they find a better use for the achievements with future patches and/or expansions.
    Achievements were supposed to attach to your origin account and once you get one, it should not disappear ever.
    They are not supposed to reset on a new game - it's a bug and we're waiting for a fix (there is a thread on the issue by crinrict on EA answers HQ).
  • Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Achievements were supposed to attach to your origin account and once you get one, it should not disappear ever.
    They are not supposed to reset on a new game - it's a bug and we're waiting for a fix (there is a thread on the issue by crinrict on EA answers HQ).

Ah I see. I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the info, I'm looking forward to that getting fixed because the achievements do seem like a fun aspect of the game for completionist players but not when they have to do them over and over again.

Anything i missed?

what I did was throw a wedding party but don't have them get married...have the elder die from the rocket woohoo before you get them married. it unlocked for me

Thanks!
    Uggh, was checking a bit, completely forgot about Serial Monogamist.
    And I did a part of it before, but it was so annoying I forgot to finish it. So I did it now.

serial.jpg

What you can't do for this one.
    Pick a house, add 8 sims, perform 4 marriages among them, then use manage household to put pairs in new households. Not gonna do!
    It counts as just one marriage! The description is clear, a marriage in a unique household. This 8 sims count as one household.

What you can do if you just don't want to enter every possible house in the game and perform marriages in them? Or if rotational thing is not your thing?

It's simple, pick an empty house, add two sims inside, get them together, perform marriage, go manage town, evict them out, repeat the process. And it so... Annoying because of loadscreens.
    Oh and on the pic you see what you need to speed up the process, a VIP bucket or two and a wedding arch.

Don't forget that for the ceremony you need at least two guests. Which means when you successfully propose, introduce to a couple of townies that pass on the street, then invite them on your wedding.
    edited October 2014

Exactly. ;)

Til Death Do Us Part
    throw a wedding party but don't have them get married...have the elder die from the rocket woohoo before you get them married.

Done!

Thanks!

2mg6q93.png
  • Kal_T0rakKal_T0rak Posts: 172 Member
    @JoxerTM22 I have a hidden achievement to add to your list. One of my elderly sims just got it a few seconds ago.

No Excuse - "Have a Sim's bladder fail on a lot with 5 or more toilets." It goes in the Sim Feats section and is worth 10 points. I'm not able to post pics yet, otherwise I would
    To be gorgeous and high and true and fine and fluffy and moist and sticky and lovely, all you have to do is to believe that one is gorgeous and high and true and fine and fluffy and moist and sticky and lovely.
    Done!
    Congrats!
    Kal_T0rak wrote: »
    @JoxerTM22 I have a hidden achievement to add to your list. One of my elderly sims just got it a few seconds ago.
    No Excuse - "Have a Sim's bladder fail on a lot with 5 or more toilets." It goes in the Sim Feats section and is worth 10 points. I'm not able to post pics yet, otherwise I would
    LOL
    Not to worry about pics, thanks for finding it and sharing!
    You're welcome, and thank you for compiling the list, it's been very helpful to me. I'll be sure to keep you informed if I find any others
    To be gorgeous and high and true and fine and fluffy and moist and sticky and lovely, all you have to do is to believe that one is gorgeous and high and true and fine and fluffy and moist and sticky and lovely.
  • tomchan0tomchan0 Posts: 952 Member
    What exactly do you do with FB points?
  • Tiger_Lover_78Tiger_Lover_78 Posts: 163 Member
    Wow thanks for the list and all the hard work. Although I did get the gardening collection yesterday, just thought I'd drop that in. I even got the death flower and it's not even in the collection list. Don't know if there are any other new ones out there, but I did get the collection complete.
    SD2011-ANGELINDISGUISE-F1-SHERA5-1.jpg
    Those aren't Facebook points, that's a Facebook share button so you can post your acquisition on your profile page. The achievement points are basically just bragging rights, so to speak.
    edited October 2014
    Here's the pic for the hidden achievement No Excuse Kal_T0rak found and shared info:

noexc.jpg

Not hard to get, just lock all (make sure you have 5 or more) toilet seats in a room without doors, and force your poor sim to drink, drink and drink till...
    Stop laughing! It can happen to anyone.

Thanks all for nice words and I hope you're all having fun with achievements as I am.
    Will edit later the first post so it has more info (ingame description for each achievement) and will sort those new ones as they appear in the game.
    Also will recheck all previous posts with hints and edit those that are not detailed enough or might need some additinal notes or pics.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top