Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play and Share continued

Comments

• Zabeth0Zabeth0 Posts: 1,337 Member
    9s5jx4.jpg

Zelda: "Or if you mean raised me like people raise chickens!"

2pqrs6h.jpg

Rafael: Though his mind immediately filled in dark scenarios where thirteen was too old, he reminded himself that he had no clue what the rules of witches were... and wasn't thirteen supposed to be a magic number? He'd ignored all of it for nonsense, of course but he'd heard it more than once...people avoiding the thirteenth floor and not even marking it on elevators, things like that. "Vhy verren't you suppyosed to lif pyast thirrtyeen?"

9h43tl.jpg

Zelda: "Thirteen is the year your magic triples and you finally get access to it, supposing you have a wand and any clue how to use magic. Young witches are basically magical jackpots walking around, unable to defend themselves. Some witches will kill them for any little bit of magic they can get right away, and others will keep hold of them, and kill them when they turn thirteen. There are even witches who basically erase their personalities and memories and keep them around as magical batteries forever. I'm very lucky that didn't happen...though sometimes I doubt that because I wouldn't know what happened, being about as conscious as a house plant....as it was I was conscious for every waking moment of it."

fnhh52.jpg

Rafael: "Vhat did they do...?"

2egcsc3.jpg

Zelda: "They fought over me in my house, one of child eaters almost got away with me, then a witch named Dahlia killed him...and his magic went to me...because the magic goes to the closest witch, and he was literally holding me at the time. Dahlia was blond and beautiful, and she seemed to be trying to get me out of there for my safety...but she was getting me away so she could take me to her basement..."

t8aik1.jpg

Zelda: "She put me in a cage. She'd come and feed me once a day, and use magic to clean me so she didn't have to touch me. To begin with, in the first month or so, she'd come and sit and talk to me sometimes. She told me how lucky I was that the child eater didn't get me...she told me how child eaters are the greediest of witches, because they'll eat you alive for a just a little more magic than they'd have gotten for killing you. She told me how I had lit up with magic because the old woman next door was a greedy old child eater herself and no one had been able to kill her though presumably the crone could have, if she cared, but the child eater had been too old, and had died of old age, and a death flower can't save you from dying of old age. No one knows why she didn't drink a potion to restore her youth, it's not like they don't exist...though she wasn't really good at alchemy, so perhaps she never learned the recipe, or perhaps she'd failed to make one and that's what had killed her. No one really cared enough to find out because everyone wanted to get to me first."

2pqrs6h.jpg

Rafael: He had to ask a question...his throat was drying out and he really didn't want to interrupt her, but if he didn't she'd stop talking. She was already slowing down, he'd already let her go too long without a question. "Is that vhy you rrelyate to me?" He realized it was a dangerous thing to say the moment it left his lips. This would derail her like dynamite. He should have asked how long she was there, as she'd said 'the first month or so' so she was obviously there for more than a month. In a cage. Fed once a day. When she was five. After seeing the witches murder her parents.

2el4cnb.jpg

Zelda: "...you're right, I did the same thing...and I even told you how lucky you were that one of the other witches didn't get to you first!"

r1a4oo.jpg

Rafael: Mentally he was kicking himself for being so 🐸🐸🐸🐸. That was the kind of analytical thought he should have kept to himself. Now she would shut down...he might be able to get a few things answered first, but that was an iffy prospect. If he'd asked 'would you like fries with that' it would have been less harmful! "It's okay, I'm not in a cage. You syaid the fyirrst month...hov lonk verre you therre, in the cage?"

20ixac0.jpg

Zelda: "By the time I was nine I was practically feral, she hadn't talked to me in years by then...she moved me to a cell because I was too big for the cage then...No, Rafael, you aren't in a physical cage...but you can't escape and I've been planning on killing you when I'm done with you...and it's not even for magic...and for what it's worth, I am sorry."
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @all: Thank you for letting me read and comment on your stories. I will hopefully get time to comment later or tomorrow as I was busy last night and everything.
    :) Smile!

• msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    screenshot_original.jpg
    The Cline House version 2
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Alison and Brian are level 6 of their jobs
  • Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    So I was going to post an update but my launcher isn't co-operating; it won't upload half the pics I need! But I can let you all know that Blossom *did* get married - without getting engaged first!!!!! One day after her sisters got married, I got the notification that Blossom and Walter had tied the knot. I am so annoyed at my game for not telling me they were engaged because I wanted the wedding!!! So in terms of the story, they eloped without telling anyone :( Hopefully I'll be able to do the update tomorrow night, as well as the comments on peoples' comments.

@Colorist40: I can't get the house to upload/download (whichever) to the Exchange. For some reason, my game just won't let me put anything except hair colours on the Exchange. If there's any other way to save a house and allow people to download it, let me know because I can't do it the normal way!!! Do you want me to tell you exactly where I got everything from so you can remake the house??

Anyway, I'm shutting the computer down now. This cold is making my eyes weepy, especially as night, so I'm going to give them a rest. Night all!

I don't know of any other way. Ahhh darn it. Well not if it is too much trouble. I would like it, but I know it would take a lot of time. I can try to see what is in the exchange. Thanks. If you want to do it wonderful.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    dreamerz13-Great update!I see you had fun with the TS4 CAS and working on a project for TS3.
    MayaRose1138-I stopped uploading to my studio and started using Flickr for my pictures and I also use Mediafire for things that refuse to upload to the Exchange.
    Zabeth0-I'm glad I've got the Mod in there and can fish in pools or fountains.Great update!
    Puddinroy-Hi there!
    msbeckycat-Great pictures!
    I'll have my update a little later.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Here's today's update from Oak Leaf in mid-winter of 1846.
    Tanner and Tracy Ivanovitch were both up very early that morning and eating breakfast before the sun was up.Tracy played a social game while Tanner ate salad for breakfast and ended up eating spoiled leftovers just like Tracy had been doing earlier.They were both starting to study skills on their iPads when it started to look like it might begin to snow at any time.
    15236885050_f4649b56af.jpg
    15236886730_9dde63d7b6.jpg
    15423564185_4810af7cd4.jpg
    Tanner stopped to change her outerwear to something better suited for snow after tending the garden.
    15237018607_531c738b18.jpg
    They were both sitting down studying on their iPads and it was threatening to start snowing while they studied.Tracy ended up having to get up to get his outerwear changed to suit the weather since it was beginning to snow and he also had to start getting ready for work since it was nearing time to leave at 3PM.
    15420395601_540c309485.jpg
    15237025067_fec9a7d092.jpg
    Tanner had continued studying while Tracy got ready and was about to get ready herself since it was 3:30 and it was starting to snow like crazy.
    15236980888_fa7d86e5f2.jpg
    Tracy stopped to eat and Tanner was just about to quit studies to start getting ready for work and they managed to leave by 5:30.
    15420401531_1fb2fcd49a.jpg
    They both got home at 9PM and were rushing to get into bed.
    15420402971_d520c644f5.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    TadOlson wrote: »
    Here's today's update from Oak Leaf in mid-winter of 1846.
    Tanner and Tracy Ivanovitch were both up very early that morning and eating breakfast before the sun was up.Tracy played a social game while Tanner ate salad for breakfast and ended up eating spoiled leftovers just like Tracy had been doing earlier.They were both starting to study skills on their iPads when it started to look like it might begin to snow at any time.
    15236885050_f4649b56af.jpg
    15236886730_9dde63d7b6.jpg
    15423564185_4810af7cd4.jpg
    Tanner stopped to change her outerwear to something better suited for snow after tending the garden.
    15237018607_531c738b18.jpg
    They were both sitting down studying on their iPads and it was threatening to start snowing while they studied.Tracy ended up having to get up to get his outerwear changed to suit the weather since it was beginning to snow and he also had to start getting ready for work since it was nearing time to leave at 3PM.
    15420395601_540c309485.jpg
    15237025067_fec9a7d092.jpg
    Tanner had continued studying while Tracy got ready and was about to get ready herself since it was 3:30 and it was starting to snow like crazy.
    15236980888_fa7d86e5f2.jpg
    Tracy stopped to eat and Tanner was just about to quit studies to start getting ready for work and they managed to leave by 5:30.
    15420401531_1fb2fcd49a.jpg
    They both got home at 9PM and were rushing to get into bed.
    15420402971_d520c644f5.jpg

@TadOlson: Yay for Tanner and Tracy Ivannovitch. OOO! Pretty snow.

• venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited October 2014
    Okay @TadOlson, decided to finally play with the options in Story Progression... so I went to make a caste of professors... and I go in, turn it on, created the caste... but it won't let me put sims in that caste. Which is strange.

Oh, what skintone are you using for Tanner and Tracy?

@Zabeth0 Loving the backstory on this couple, hope it works out for them even though they're different.

And @LunBeauty, I would like to know where you're downloading some of your hairs from, like the one you have on Katherine.
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    edited October 2014
    @Zabeth0 *Hisses at Lady Gaga...doesn't mention that she used to sing Poker Face in the shower*
    I have a love-hate relationship with the green eyes, lol. Bad thing is, Royce's little female friend, Katherine has green eyes, but a darker shade of green than Cadence and Raquelle's so I guess it's okay.

What I want to know is why Mary-Sue isn't loving up to Daniel. I thought they were supposed to be together in The Sims 3 in Sunlit Tides. But I wouldn't know because I don't play the premade houses.

Actually, Charlie is going to sell him to the school for a nice chunk of simoleons, lol. Tristan is a little odd. Everyone else is enjoying the saunas and getting massages or swimming and all he cares about is work, work, work, lol.

@venusdemilosims Very nice looking sims. :) I am iffy on TS4 sims, but yours look pretty good. :D

@Zabeth0 Zelda's backstory is really sad. Although, I don't know how Rafael could be so calm when Zelda is still adamant about killing him. If she's not killing him for magic, then why is she wanting to kill him? Poor Rafael just can't catch a break. He meets a beautiful lady and she wants to kill him.

@msbeckycat The house hast potential, but I'm not feeling the tile-like floors and, in my opinion, the headboard of the bed should be against the wall. I'm also not feeling the wallpaper, unless you were going for an all blue house. I'm not being mean, I'm just trying to give you some helpful tips. :)

@TadOlson Great update!

@venusdemilosims Well, the game ended up aging her up in those hairs. I changed it, which you'll probably see in my next update. Anyways, I get my hairs from different places. Try here This site links back to all kinds of different retextures, a lot of which I use. You can also search short hair, long hair, ponytails, braids, pigtails, hair with accessories, etc. :)
    Post edited by LunBeauty on
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    On Sunday, the first day of winter, Kristy wished to hang Christmas lights. While I was at it, I did the rest of the decorating.

1Christmaslightsonthehouse.jpg

the outer entry

3entrydecorations.jpg

the inner door

2wreathsbesidetheinnerdoor.jpg

the inner entry, opposite the front door

4innerentrywreath.jpg

finally, the tree in the living room

5Christmastree.jpg

Kristy received two promotions during the week. On Sunday, she was promoted to pastry chef, with wages of $286 per hour, and a bonus of $2,712. On Tuesday, she was promoted to sous chef, with wages of $326 per hour, and a bonus of $3,432.

Monday morning, Kristy got her first harvest from her greenhouse garden. All of the produce was perfect. She sold all of the lower quality produce she had on hand of those kinds, and received $3,912 for all of it.

6harvestinthegreenhouse.jpg

There was a bit of an issue with the plants wilting, since there was no room in the narrow greenhouse for any kind of auto watering system, so Kristy went to tend the plants as soon as she got up on Wednesday. While she was harvesting her plants, she achieved the Botanical Boss skill challenge, for harvesting at least 75 perfect fruits and vegetables. From this point on, her plants will no longer die of neglect. Not that they ever have, since she never neglects, them, but still....

7tendingthegreenhousegarden.jpg

After breakfast, Kristy made stir fry for an opportunity she had been given. She was paid $1,400 for it. That afternoon, she invited Jed to join her at the winter festival.

8meetingjedatthewinterfestival.jpg

After they had a picture taken together in the photo booth, they had a snowball fight.

9snowballfightwithjedatfestival.jpg

They made a snowman together. Since Kristy has become a member of the jock social group and learned the athletic skill, she was now able to learn to make a hockey player snowman.

10makingasnowmanwithjed.jpg

They slow danced together.

11dancingwithJed.jpg

But Jed stepped on Kristy's toes more than any other sim guy has ever stepped on any of my sims' toes.

12hesteppedonherfeet.jpg

So, Kristy gave up and suggested they go snowboarding together. They both are good at snowboarding tricks.

13Kristysnowboards.jpg

14jedsnowboards.jpg

By the time they finished snowboarding, it was after 9 PM, and they couldn't buy any food at the concession stands. So Kristy invited Jed to her house so she could feed him. He went with her, but he was so sleepy, he went home without eating as soon as they got there. They had had a very good time together though.

On Thursday, another of Kristy's days off, she met Jed at the Bella Vista Recreation Center. They played pool together, and Kristy won.

15playingpoolatrecreationcenterwithjed.jpg

Next, they played chess. Again, Kristy won.

16playingdominoeswithjed.jpg

While Jed prepared something to eat in the pizza oven, Kristy repaired a sink that had sprung a leak nearby. After they finished eating, Jed asked Kristy to dance with him. This kind of dancing carries no risk of squashed toes!

17dancingwithjedatrecreationcenter.jpg

Kristy took a picture of the two of them on her cell phone. Jed looked away from the camera, almost as if he didn't want to be there.

18phototogether.jpg

But, then he took two pictures of the two of them with his cell phone.

19jedtakesonetoo.jpg

He did look into the camera then, but he reacted very badly to the flash in his eyes both times. Now, it was understandable why he had looked away before.

20blindedbytheflash.jpg

Jed wanted to take a third photo together, but I canceled that so Kristy could hug him and say their good-byes. It was already almost 1 AM, long after Kristy should have gone to bed. But they both had a very good time. They love hanging out together.
    Page 316

@Celiria I realized you probably knew that you could remove the flamingos. I was just giving you a hard time. That's my specialty!

So, you rushed the move because they were impatient, instead of waiting until they could afford a house without selling their furniture too! I hope they're happy with that.

@LunBeauty I've never actually heard Lady Gaga sing, so I have no idea whether she's any good or not, from my perspective. Which is fine with me. I don't need to know.

I see. I guess she just didn't want THOSE toys.

I know, they're just sims, but we get attached to them as if they were real people.

It sounds like getting slapped up by Cadence was pretty effective at getting that woman to lay off on Harold!

@Msbeckycat It looks to me like the main floor is the only floor in that house. I don't see any stairs. If everything your sims need is already in the house, you can leave the other room empty until they want or need to buy something more, or you can start adding décor. Looking at it myself, I would start with recoloring the wall coverings with CASt, and adding some windows. Each room should have at least one window. Depending on how much money there is to finish it, some curtains on the windows, a wall hanging or two, and some houseplants would be a nice addition. And when you have everything inside the house finished to your liking, some flowers or shrubs in front of the house would be nice. You can use terrain paint to give them a walk from the front door to the road, without spending any of their money.

I don't know if that answers your question as you meant it, but that's where I'd start if it were mine.

@dreamerz13 Is your laptop the only computer you have to play your sims on? I hope you can get another one soon, if it is.

@LunBeauty Actually, the weather here has turned chilly, and I was feeling a bit cold myself when I made those sims. So, except for a very few exceptions, I just couldn't bring myself to clothe them in short sleeves and bare legs. And there are very few long pants and long-sleeved tops in that demo. I used the two pairs of long jeans a lot for their other outfits, but that one looked more dressy, so I used that for the party wear most often. As I mentioned, I wasn't too happy with the limited selection, but I did what I could with what was there.

My opinion is that if Royce is the one you like best, you should use him.

@TadOlson Thank you. I had fun with it. The only problem now is that, since I made them I'd like to play them!

Whoa, it's winter, and they have bare arms?!! Not where I live, they wouldn't! LOL! Do they ever take the time to swim in the pool?

@dreamerz13 Thank you. Allison is my favorite too.

Can you actually transfer those sims into Sims 3 CAS? I didn't think that was possible.

I see you're using Celeste as you avatar. They are a nice looking bunch. It's funny how CAS gave them the traits that fit your story!

That pose looks good, as much as I can tell, anyway.

Page 317

@Zabeth0 I have a degree in biology, with almost enough chemisty credits for a second major, and I worked in a chemistry lab after I got my degree. But I didn't find your punny comments to Colorist annoying.

I do love those vases. I'm disappointed she didn't find all 8 of them in China. But they can be found in the other worlds, so I'm sure she will have them all by the time she is finished with all three. I certainly hope so, anyway. (If not, maybe I'll cheat to get them to her, by sending a sim bearing vases from Angela's game.)

I don't think sims from Sims 3 translate well into Sims 4 sims, or vice versa. They just don't look like the same sims at all.

Yeah, I think Trevor would be fun to play, especially being paired with his more serious wife. I can just imagine him smarting off to her on a regular basis, and her swatting him for it.

@venusdemilosims Do you actually have Sims 4? I would imagine that the actual game will have more choices than the demo. At least, I would hope so! I would definitely be a very unhappy customer if I actually spent money on it and didn't have any more options than those!

Some people are just better suited to going it alone in life, so why shouldn't some sims be the same! Her life fits her personality.

@Zabeth0 So, did Zelda become a witch because she was next door to where the old child-eater died, or was she already a witch, and got the power the old witch had in addition to her own?

So, it looks like Rafael is safe now. Zelda just realized that out of her hatred for the witches because of what they'd done to her, she was doing the same thing to an innocent person who had never done her any harm, and she didn't even have anything to gain from it like they had had. It looks to me like there is no way she could kill him now.

But sadly, now she is at greater risk. I suppose the old witch who told her about the love potion also arranged for the vampire to turn Rafael into one, then to get him to kill Zelda the moment he changes. Then, of course, the old witch will be waiting right beside Zelda's house, so all of Zelda's power will go to her when she dies. Then she will either kill Rafael or enslave him for her own purposes.

If Deedee knows what is going on, I think she will step in and save them both. Because she is a good witch, and good people love their enemies, and will sometimes even sacrifice themselves for them.

@Puddinroy Hi.

@TadOlson Tanner does look nice and warm in her new outerwear. I guess you have snow enabled for Oak Leaf. You'd said you had it disabled for one of your other towns, didn't you? Tracy looks nice and warm too.
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,790 Member
    MayaRose1138-I stopped uploading to my studio and started using Flickr for my pictures and I also use Mediafire for things that refuse to upload to the Exchange.

I usually don't have too much of a problem with the studio, just they didn't all seem to be downloading yesterday. But Mediafire sounds good. How do you download something from the game to that though?
    edited October 2014
    I'm back for comments. Not so much playing tonight because my eyes still aren't right (I really, really hate colds!! It's just as well I only get one every few years :) ). I have managed to score the Through the Spy Glass Bathroom set for nearly 300 points less than it's usual price. Just before I went to bed last night, I checked the Daily Deal and found that the Caterpillar Hook for only 11 points. Checking, I found it was from that set, and that the set was on special at 504 points. Buying the Hook knocked nearly 80 points off the price, to bring it down to 425 points, so I bought it :) Fortunately, I was able to get about 75 free points yesterday and this morning, so that helped :) Now I can create a completely 'Mad Hatter' type of house :D!

My next problem with the game is that the Try for Baby and Risky Woohoo actions were cancelled out. I had started a new game for genetic purposes after reading about that coloured slider that Colorist mentioned, and happened to use a couple I had with two guys. They were already married but try as I might, they couldn't use the actions to get a baby. And yes, I have the W mod installed and have used it successfully before. It kept telling me when I hovered over those greyed out actions that 'progression denied'. What?? Seriously, what is going on with my game? It sounds like I am going to have to take all the cc that I've added out of my game on the weekend and see where the conflict is!
    Zabeth0 wrote: »
    @Maya: Ouch. Hopefully your day gets better. (Or I suppose with the timing of this...hopefully today is a better day!)

My day has gone rather well, thank you :) I still have the cold, which has progressed to a sore throat and a funny voice because, as a teacher, I don't have the luxury of resting it during the day! And I couldn't breathe through my nose at all last night but other than that, I'm fine :)

I have liked Nicolae's guide to DV. Where is he heading next?? Somewhere where there are more chairs planning a takeover? :D Or where Run can scare the locals? (do the dragons ever grow in the sims or do they remain small?).
    Colorist40 wrote: »
    So I was going to post an update but my launcher isn't co-operating; it won't upload half the pics I need! But I can let you all know that Blossom *did* get married - without getting engaged first!!!!! One day after her sisters got married, I got the notification that Blossom and Walter had tied the knot. I am so annoyed at my game for not telling me they were engaged because I wanted the wedding!!! So in terms of the story, they eloped without telling anyone :( Hopefully I'll be able to do the update tomorrow night, as well as the comments on peoples' comments.

@Colorist40: I can't get the house to upload/download (whichever) to the Exchange. For some reason, my game just won't let me put anything except hair colours on the Exchange. If there's any other way to save a house and allow people to download it, let me know because I can't do it the normal way!!! Do you want me to tell you exactly where I got everything from so you can remake the house??

Anyway, I'm shutting the computer down now. This cold is making my eyes weepy, especially as night, so I'm going to give them a rest. Night all!

I don't know of any other way. Ahhh darn it. Well not if it is too much trouble. I would like it, but I know it would take a lot of time. I can try to see what is in the exchange. Thanks. If you want to do it wonderful.

Look up 'rainbow' and 'rainbow of feathers' for patterns, plus 'easter', and that should get the main three colourful patterns. ('rainbow is the kitchen, 'rainbow of feathers' the chairs in the dining room, and 'easter' for the dining room walls'). I'm not sure but I think that all the bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, entryway and living room walls all come with the game (and its various packs). I'm pretty sure that the living room floor does too but I would have to check.

I really should have made a list of what I used but I should have some time tomorrow to get into the game and check whether what I used is pack stuff or downloaded. I used a few items from the Through the Spy Glass Bedroom set (dresser in the bedroom, teacup chairs in the living room, 'egg' chairs in the dining room. I'll work it all out though and get a list done by the weekend. Do you want me to post it here or somewhere else? (like your profile page or something). Or if I can get it saved to mediafire like TadOlson suggests, we could do it that way.
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    @MayaRose1138 I like the house. You could put different style roofs on each side of the house, but the kind and color of roofing can't be changed. Back when I built the second house on the same lot for Rose and Romeo and her parents, I would have like different colored roofs on each house, too. But of course I couldn't do that.

Very nice interiors. Personally, I like Daisy's best. Easter's is a little too “busy” for my liking. I think my eyes would be straining to see my sims among all those patterns and colors. LOL!

Shame on Blossom for two-timing Walter! On the other hand, isn't that the family who all have different fathers? If so, I guess she may have simply decided to follow in her mother's footsteps.

I also got the little bit of CC I used and had to remove, on the recommendation of other players who used it all the time. Yet I had to take it out. I'd like to put it back in, since I don't have my sims adopt pets anymore anyway, but I'm afraid it might cause issues with something else in the game.

I've had sims at level 10 in charisma quite a few times. Once they meet the skill challenges, they make friends instantly with everyone they speak to, so it's not really very hard to get them to the top, unless they're not going out and meeting new people. Kristy hasn't been getting out much, because before I put the extra community lots in, there wasn't much of anywhere to go in bad weather. I think in the future I'll disable seasons for Monte Vista.

Yeah, well you know that when EA gives away something for free, it's most likely a marketing ploy to get you to buy something else. Most stores do the same thing.

I tried putting different styles on but it didn't want to co-operate with me greatly :) Maybe because it was the same house, not separate houses.

I deliberately made Daisy's more elegant because a lot of doctors tend to go for the more up-market look :) (I'm basing that opinion on a couple of my relatives who are doctors so don't be mad at me :) ). I know, Easter's side is very busy, but I wanted it to be very different to her sister's :)

Yes, that is the family with the different fathers so yes, I suppose you can't blame her with her mother as a role model :) But having all three of the triplets married by '21' sim years makes them quite different from Autumn too!!

I'm not entirely sure whether it's the cc to blame or my computer, because a few days back, I had a problem with Internet Explorer not opening up new pages straight away. They would come up blank and I would have to refresh them to get anything. That seems to have cleared up but now I have a new problem (see my notes above!).

I'm lucky that romancing people gives them the charisma skill because Autumn is getting quite high without doing much of the reading of books :) By the time she gets to the last father, she should be at level 10!!! I've disabled Winter for the Rainbow game because the outerwear is too modern and doesn't work for the time period, but my other games I leave all season in but cancel hail and sometimes snow. Rain and fog I generally leave as it adds to realism :)

Oh, I know. The number of things you can get for free from numerous business but only if you buy something is staggering. I just wish that sometimes the games would give us credit for already having bought them!!

I like Jed, in Kristy's game. He is a good mate and could possibly be more, if she was so inclined. But since she will be moving on soon, probably best just to keep him as a mate.
    dreamerz13 wrote: »
    Btw, most annoyed about the goodie boxes that are advertised on the store homepage. It says available until Nov 1st but when I click to learn more, the offer isn't available! What is with these deals that I can't get??? :)

You and me both. I actually have points for them for a change, I was super excited. Seems the site is just repeating from last october, it advertises grims ghastly manor as new too, and a new featured look or something. And of course, nobody is around anymore to deal with the site it seems.

That's really annoying :( I've just spent 436 points on buying a set but I would have spent some of it on buying a goodie box on the off-chance of getting something good (although knowing my luck...). Someone needs to keep things going over there for those people who are still collecting sims 3 stuff. Hardly anyone buys anything on the daily deal anymore, and they never seem to have anything I have on my wishlist.

(cut my previous post in two because of length)
    MayaRose1138-Great update!I adjusted my settings by having custom castes for each household to stop them from getting involved with the wrong partners and I would set up flirting and romance permissions for singles living alone by setting up which caste they are allowed to flirt with.

That sounds very complicated but I might have to look into it because it can be annoying when I set something out and SP wrecks it!
    Two houses combined, smart. They can live in their own half and not have to be forced to get along if they don't want to do so. Well I am not gung ho about green, but it is lovely I like the different shades of it. I was surprised the counters in the kitchen weren't a shade of green as well. I like it.

I have to say though the other house is stupendously gorgeously arrayed. I love, love, love, those patterns. The easter eggs, the window in the living room with the bubbles.

The floral living room is amazing. I like the floral patterns as it is so elegant.

Hubby would never leave the kitchen with that rainbow pattern in it. He don't need anymore time in the kitchen that is for sure lol. I love the bright colors, and the coloring of the wall paper. It is so bright and cheerful.

My favorite room is the dining room though. I love the creativity of it. Did you get all those patterns from somewhere else? I just think it is adorable. Those chairs are perfect. The back of the chairs look like eggs lol. Fantastic job.

The bedroom would be any girls dream. Romantic castle wall paper, the bed fit for a princess, and the rainbow wall paper as well. I love it.
    You are so creative. Download the house pleaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeee.

Man that bathroom is loud. I think I would feel like dancing in there lol. I also think I would have visual impairment as in I would get dizzy if I stayed in there too long lol.

Great job.

I decided to keep Daisy's basic colour scheme as green, white and wood to give it a nice clean look.

I'm pretty sure that the window with the bubbles is in one of the EP or SPs because I think I would remember downloading that. I almost put those windows in the bedroom but then I found the circular windows and used them instead.

Easter is a very bright, excitable sim so I thought I would decorate to suit her personality.

Tell hubby he is welcome to copy the idea in real life :) The wallpaper was a recolour of one of the geometrical patterns.

The easter egg pattern is from the Exchange, as are the colours on the chairs. I was going to have different chairs there but then decided that those ones would look perfect :) Obviously I did well :)

I hadn't even realised that castle wall paper, or the wave one in the entry, were there but I found them under 'set' in build mode. The bed was a recolour of one from the Master Suite pack, I think.

I tried a variety of patterns in that bathroom and that one was the only one that really stood out. But yes, I don't know that I could spend a heap of time in that room either!!

Thank you :)
    Oh oh Blossom may want to get away from Walter and spread her wings with the other guy. Since he hasn't proposed, are you thinking of doing that?

With mean spirited and mooch traits, why didn't Matisse get them?

I love Nessa's hair and coloring. Although Luna's is pretty as well.

Loving the kids looks. That hair and coloring is gorgeous as well.

I left it up to the game to decide, since it obviously wasn't going to let either of them propose to each other. In the thread I opened with the question about the no-proposal option, someone suggested that it might have been because of a romantic interest in a different world that wasn't broken off when they moved worlds. That could make sense if Blossom hadn't properly broken up with Jeffrey (which I had thought she had) but it doesn't explain why it affected the others too.

Because I'm avoiding the more negative traits :) I like Matisse and I don't want her to be mean-spirited or a mooch :( Technically speaking, virtuoso is like having a 'musical' trait, so she actually does have a 'm' trait!

Thank you :) I love that pink and orange hair; it's just the right shades to go together well, kind of muted but still bright. I'm having so much fun finding different coloured hair to use in the family :)

@LunBeauty: I know there was a comment of yours somewhere but I can't find it. Anyway, thank you :) I have two main games going. The one I'm presently doing is an Alphabet Challenge, where Autumn has to have 26 children, each set with a different father, and their names have to start with each consecutive letter of the alphabet. Where possible, leaving out negative traits, they have at least one traits starting with that letter too. So Athena is athletic, artistic, an animal lover whereas Easter is eccentric and excitable. For those who don't have a trait beginning with their letter, I randomise them to get a variety of traits. Sometimes I pick them depending on what their career is going to be (ie. Athena - artist, Blossom - businesswoman, Charity - chef, Daisy - doctor, Easter - equestrian, etc.)

The other game is a Rainbow Legacy of sorts, where each generation's heir has to have a certain combination of skin/eye/hair colour. That one has been on hold for the past few weeks while I've been playing Uni Life.

Royce is a good choice for heir, although I kind of like Savannah too, if you want to keep the Dennison genes going strong :) Next thing I'm saving up for is that playpen; it looks good and I want to be able to give my toddlers something else to do rather than read, play the xylophone, build blocks, or play with their toys :)
    Celiria wrote: »

House #2

mansion.png

Narrator: Well it's definitely bigger, are you sure they can afford this.

Real estate agent: Well it's a bit costly but I feel it presents a good value for what it offers.

Narrator: Wait, how costly is costly.

Real estate agent: Allow me to show you the house.

Narrator: Hey....

I want to see more of this house :) Point me in the direction of the gallery please?

I liked this commentary on the houses available. It was so true to life, the 'I know you can't afford it but let me show you this anyway in case I can make a bigger sale and I don't care if you go into debt to do it' real estate person. Very good choice for Kaley and Kamrynn. But can't they take the furniture with them?
    edited October 2014
    Okay, just found out that the pics still won't upload to my studio again. I have the update written out, just no pics to go in it yet! Am about to try uploading again...

Edit: Nope, still won't work. I might have to delete some from my studio - I'm up to about 1400 :)
  • msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    I used blueprints to build my first version of my house but had to downgrade alot to get 18000
  • CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    @MayaRose1138 The mansion home was actually in the base game. If I remember right it's in Willow Creek in the same neighborhood as the Goth home.

Since they moved early due to everything breaking I had them sell their furniture to give them enough money for a 2 bed 2 bath home. If I hadn't they would only have had around 14k.
    edited October 2014
    On Friday, Kristy was paid $1600 for learning the recipe for stuffed tursoykey, as she had been asked to do on her previous workday. Later in the day, she received a $12 per hour raise, for finding a faster way to make the rolls the customers love so much. At home after work, she prepared a key lime pie and stuffed turkey for the Christmas party she planned to have the next day.

21keylimepieforChristmas.jpg

Saturday morning, after she called to invite the guests to her party, which would be that afternoon, Kristy went outside to build an igloo. She made two snowmen too, but wasn't able to finish the third one she had started because “the snow wasn't deep enough.” All she needed to do at that point, after being interrupted by the phone, was to decorate it!

22kristymakesanigloo.jpg

Jed was once again the first to arrive to Kristy's party.

23talkingwithjedattheparty.jpg

Kristy got Jed to kiss her under the mistletoe. Unfortunately, that boy just doesn't know how to take a hint. He's cute, but he is really dense!

24mistletoekiss.jpg

This time, Kristy had invited Eduardo GilsCarbo AND his wife, Carlotta. Eduardo attended, but Carlotta was the only invited guest who didn't. Maybe Carlotta just doesn't like parties. Once it was plain that Carlotta wasn't going to be there, Kristy called the guests to open gifts. For some reason, Kristy opened a second gift once the guests had all opened theirs. But it was a duplicate of the easel she received as her first gift. I guess her friends all know how important art is to her!

25openinggifts.jpg

Most of the gifts were really nice ones. These two guests received a guitar and an expensive chess table. Other guests received a painting, a guitar, and an easel. Jed received a spring of mistletoe. Do you suppose someone was trying to give him a hint?

26goodgifts.jpg

Kristy had brought the table from outside into the kitchen this time, so everyone was able to eat together.

29Christmasdinner.jpg
    On Friday, Kristy was paid $1600 for learning the recipe for stuffed tursoykey, as she had been asked to do on her previous workday. Later in the day, she received a $12 per hour raise, for finding a faster way to make the rolls the customers love so much. At home after work, she prepared a key lime pie and stuffed turkey for the Christmas party she planned to have the next day.

21keylimepieforChristmas.jpg

Saturday morning, after she called to invite the guests to her party, which would be that afternoon, Kristy went outside to build an igloo. She made two snowmen too, but wasn't able to finish the third one she had started because “the snow wasn't deep enough.” All she needed to do at that point, after being interrupted by the phone, was to decorate it!

22kristymakesanigloo.jpg

Jed was once again the first to arrive to Kristy's party.

23talkingwithjedattheparty.jpg

Kristy got Jed to kiss her under the mistletoe. Unfortunately, that boy just doesn't know how to take a hint. He's cute, but he is really dense!

24mistletoekiss.jpg

This time, Kristy had invited Eduardo GilsCarbo AND his wife, Carlotta. Eduardo attended, but Carlotta was the only invited guest who didn't. Maybe Carlotta just doesn't like parties. Once it was plain that Carlotta wasn't going to be there, Kristy called the guests to open gifts. For some reason, Kristy opened a second gift once the guests had all opened theirs. But it was a duplicate of the easel she received as her first gift. I guess her friends all know how important art is to her!

25openinggifts.jpg

Most of the gifts were really nice ones. These two guests received a guitar and an expensive chess table. Other guests received a painting, a guitar, and an easel. Jed received a spring of mistletoe. Do you suppose someone was trying to give him a hint?

26goodgifts.jpg

Kristy had brought the table from outside into the kitchen this time, so everyone was able to eat together.

29Christmasdinner.jpg

@IreneSwift: Great updates. Silly Jed. Kristy likes you. :)

LunBeauty wrote: »
    Quite a bit happened in this update. :) Hope you all enjoy!

SSe8aNv.png
    While Luna is in the kitchen cooking breakfast, Tristan, Harold, and Cadence tend to the garden. With more people doing it at a time, it goes by a lot faster.

FQQtsYK.png
    Tristan plays with Savannah who might be quite the musical prodigy.
    Tristan: That's lovely, sweetie! Now can you play some Guns n Roses?
    Savannah: No! Lady Gaga!
    Tristan: Oh my. I can see I'm going to have to teach you the difference between good music and bad music.
    Savannah: You play, Daddy!
    Tristan: Oh no. You're doing a fine job on your own.

V3VXcSw.png
    Harold dotes on his little girl who is fast becoming the apple of his eye. :)

zlHQEe0.png
    Downstairs, Tristan gives Rusty some much needed attention by playing around with him.

zBd1Fjh.png
    Harold is so close to maxing his Athletic Skill, he can almost taste it.

BMPmTD2.png
    With the parents at work, it's time to call the dreaded baby-sitter! Dun! Dun! Duuuuun! Fortunately, she actually does a pretty good job. :)

SMnRRHF.png
    It's also Raquelle's birthday! Today we'll get to see what she looks like. ;)

3xQI8N0.png
    Cadence: Uh....could you two not do that? You're going to blow out the candles before Raquelle gets the chance to.
    Charlie: But Raquelle is a baby. She couldn't possibly know how to blow out candles.
    Cadence: Yes, thank you for that, Captain Obvious.
    Charlie: Just doing my job.

BWy02qt.png
    After that little family banter, Raquelle turns out to be quite the cutie. :) I can definitely see a lot of her father in her from her skintone and her blonde hair and I'm guessing she has his nose too because Cadence didn't have that nose when she was little. :) But she does have her mother's eyes, which are lovely on her.

cdRBy2e.png
    Royce greets his sister with a bottle.
    Royce: Hey, you're actually kinda cute. Here, have a bottle.

Cu4pnzg.png
    Cadence also dotes on her precious little girl.
    Cadence: I think you're the prettiest of them all! Yes, you are!

pxTR4Dy.png
    She's also a bit of a loud mouth as well and very spoiled. Watch it kid, if you annoy me too much, you'll be out of running for heirship, lol. Just kidding. But seriously, I hate when toddlers cry for now reason.

T2b6wzJ.png
    Raquelle is perfectly happy in the playpen with her cousin, Savannah. :)

Qg1Ty6M.png
    I can't decide who is cuter!

7OaXb50.png
    James seems to have gotten over Olivia's death quite fast and is now flirting with this young thing. Watch it, hon. You're filthy rich and she may be a gold digger in disguise.

HEQlP1d.png
    Today is Savannah's birthday! Finally, we'll only be down to one toddler.

Rd2sa1v.png
    She turns out to to be quite stunning. I personally think she takes after her father, especially her lips, but has her mother's hair. The Dennison genes are very strong in this family. :)

HWLWWGM.png
    hAWvd6f.png
    8ta2G9x.png
    The kids enjoy a ride on the carousal before being forced to pack up and leave because it's getting to be dark outside.

3EzwVmY.png
    Here's another picture of Savannah. I kind of gave her an outfit and hairstyle that would be laid back and easy for her to play in.

ypq93u5.png
    Raquelle coerces her older cousin to play dollhouse with her. Well, Savannah plays and Raquelle tries to bite the heads off of the dolls.

kwUCDoZ.png
    Cadence and Harold are invited over to a party at Hadley and Nate's house! Apparently story progression moved them out of the house they were living in with Jake and Lola. Anyways, here's Grace! I had forgotten how lovely she was. :)

aLIdClg.png
    And here's Ethan! About as handsome as Tristan, but Tristan is still the best looking. ;)

LCWp3Ty.png
    Cadence chats up her Uncle Nate for a little while.

gpZxnWs.png
    That is until she sees this hussy trying to make a move on her husband.
    Cadence: Excuse me, but that's my husband you're trying to flirt with.
    Mary-Sue: Oh, really? I don't see your name anywhere on him.

GBw6zff.png
    Cadence: Listen, you fried floozy! That ring on his finger is a sign that he's mine and no one else's. So get your charred behind away from him or else you'll regret it!

DLe6UWo.png
    Mary-Sue: I've lived here a lot longer than you have. If I want something, I'll take it, whether it's married or not!
    Cadence: I will not have some burnt home-wrecker ruining my marriage!
    Hadley: Yeah, that's right, Cadence! You get her!

7Redzf8.png
    Cadence issued a well deserved slap to this floozy's face. She wanted to beat her down, but unfortunately, Mary-Sue ran out right after this. Apparently, she was too chicken to fight Cadence.

Vz3HNu3.png
    Tristan: Have I told you lately, that I love you?
    Cadence: Of course you do, now shut up and give me a kiss.

2FwTsxS.png
    And he did.
    Hadley: Aww, that's right, Cadence. You show that floozy who your man truly belongs too.

I8RvDEj.png
    When they get back home, they are both feeling rather frisky, so you can probably guess what they do next. ;)

vk9WzXt.png
    Tristan works a bit of his muscles by doing chin ups the next morning.

ZXZbKWR.png
    Eager to learn the Science Skill, Cadence plays around on the Science Machine.

BFDUV3J.png
    Inside, Harold and Royce behave like twelve year old girls and pillow fight. Maybe I should get these guys a football or a baseball so that they can do more manly things...like play catch or something.

BwlbOKN.png
    Charlie wants to go for a swim, but I want him to work on his writing skill for a little while.

FGf2KsW.png
    Luna shirks on her skilling by playing video games. If this was The Sims 4, this would totally be legit.
    Luna: I've already reached level ten of the Logic skill.
    You have? *Checks* Oh, she has! Well then, you can go skill up in something else now!

A5uzzz7.png
    After gaining a few skill points in writing, Charlie heads around town to catch different species of butterflies for school.

XiMuLPh.png
    Even Raquelle isn't left out of this skilling marathon as Luna places her in the play pen so that she can skill up with the Abacus and the Mirror. :)

U30bObg.png
    Luna and Cadence decide to take a picture together. :) Although, I think Cadence is looking the wrong way, lol.

7PI0jyy.png
    After that, Cadence issues Luna trivia challenge, which Luna wins because she's just awesome like that. ;)

joJhtJX.png
    Because Savannah has been doing quite well, she had been using the Chemistry Station off camera, I let her invite a friend over. Even though he is a boy, I'm going to let him keep his pigtails because I guess they make him feel pretty or something, lol.

hceubjW.png
    After they spend most of the morning skilling and earning quite a few skill points (I love the Relativity mod) the family heads to the pool to have a bit of fun.

uk2UoOz.png
    haRJoC4.png
    WePbacq.png
    They look to be having a lot of fun, although I don't think Luna likes being splashed too much, lol.

uao6ZgS.png
    Luna gets out of the pool and joins Cadence on one of the lounges to work on her tan a bit.

zSB0dlj.png
    Cadence is happy to see that her grandpa has come to visit them at the pool as well.
    Jake: Wow, you've become such a big girl.

4SfxfCH.png
    Royce meets this cute girl named Katherine. :) She seems interesting.

g9vVO6Z.png
    Savannah coerces her grandpa into taking a swim with her. Hopefully Jake can keep up with this ball of energy. ;)

vUDjqH3.png
    mBfDjZN.png
    duQBSWz.png
    They actually get along quite well. :) She's also very cute for a game generated sim.

GsYwnbV.png
    After spending some time at the pool, the family heads to The Overlook, which is sort of like a spa/pool and has more stuff to do. Luna enjoys a mud bath. I, myself, have always wanted to try one of them. :)

3LFcCqh.png
    While Luna does that, Cadence enjoys some Hydrotherapy, which also looks refreshing.

AcSLlYC.png
    Aww, I love seeing elder couples being romantic with each other. :) It's so romantic.

TFa4C8e.png
    The kids play around in the small pools and Katherine has even come along with them. :)

5sDruB3.png
    Harold tries to give his wife a hot stone massage, but only succeeds in dropping the rocks all over her.

90MEuwK.png
    iw7gKUJ.png
    xWjtngC.png
    bNoJ322.png
    Harold: I'm so sorry! Are you okay, babe?
    Cadence: Do I look okay to you?
    Harold: It couldn't have hurt that bad, could it?
    Cadence: Really? You dropped hot rocks all over my back! How would you like it?
    Harold: Give me a break. It was an accident.
    Cadence: Ugh, fine. But now you owe me a back massage since you through my back all out of whack.

aGFM8bX.png
    Harold: How's that?
    Cadence: Mmm, a little to the left, please.

QHWHbzC.png
    Yeah, Luna...I'd keep those cucumbers overyour eyes if I were you, lol. And you, sir...put on some proper swim trunks!

8lEXcTp.png
    Instead of spending time with the family, Savannah chats on the phone with her new friend, Zach.

HhDCFdm.png
    Cadence forgives Harold for accidentally dumping the hot stones all over her. :)

mTGAw2p.png
    They even spend some time in one of the other more private saunas. ;)

j9RigwJ.png
    Even Raquelle is there with the family, although she can't really do anything so she plays with her little stuffed toy.

5yrgacU.png
    The entire town can be seen all the way from up here. :)

HMdn70U.png
    This one is definitely going to go up on the wall of their house as soon as I feel up to putting all of their pictures up. :)

wnWR46v.png
    Honestly, if my husband had dropped hot stones all over me, I don't think I'd want him throwing needles into my back as well. But that's just me.

eeMlBag.png
    WRozSB7.png
    XOVLnMX.png
    Apparently Katherine is bi-polar or something because all Royce tried to do is chat with her and she nearly bit his head off and after every friendly interaction, she would start to argue with him or insult him. Maybe she's a bit of a diva or has the mean trait, I don't know. But I like her. :D

v3sG0OT.png
    EdMAwBx.png
    iBaHLsx.png
    Luna and Tristan enjoy a little romance with the beautiful view behind them. :)

4tVUxoN.png
    Finally, Katherine stops being a little stinker and she and Royce are friends again. This girl is definitely interesting, lol.

fv70Jh6.png
    Charlie is playing around with this little boy whose name I don't even know, lol.

FgXdFcg.png
    While Royce beats Katherine over the head with a pillow that must be filled with rocks or something, lol.

8el4AYL.png
    So far she hasn't gone bi-polar on him again, but I'm keeping my eye on her.

YIAv625.png
    Tristan is...presenting a business plan? Um...have fun?

HCvQuNN.png
    S92mUBg.png
    Savannah FINALLY gets off the phone and decides to play around with Raquelle so she won't be forgotten.

7Wm3QXk.png
    Luna enjoys a hot stone massage from her husband. He seems to be a lot better at this than Harold is.
    Luna: Of course he is, I trained him well.

DOFzb5W.png
    You gotta love those dip kisses, lol.

FgM0q7o.png
    Charlie has apparently brought his laptop along, so I allow him to work a little bit on his writing skill.

tNzai6P.png
    Watch out, Tristan. You don't want to break her hip now do you? Lol.

That's it for now! Hope you enjoy this very long and rather eventful update. :)

Sigh typical child likes the crud out there. I am all for good music, but Lady Gaga? Who has been teaching that child anyhow? lol

Poor Rusty he can't compete with all that cuteness dog or not, he is like an after thought.

Now is that anyway to talk to Rusty? Captain obvious. Kids are so literal and speak their minds. I know I was guilty as a child, and I got my behind smacked a lot lol.

Raqelle is a real cutie. I swear it isn't fair lol. Even when I put your sims in my game, their children don't look like little angels lol.

How sweet of Royce to feed her, he probably didn't want to hear her scream at the top of her lungs lol

I had to think hard about getting that set, but when I found out it was basically just the carousel that was worth anything, I decided against it. Cute to see them riding it though.

That crispy fried chick hitting on Tristan lol. Like your hair is standing on end, you are covered in soot, and you think you are going to attract a hunk like him?

Cadence has 🐸🐸🐸🐸. Good for her standing up for her man. Honestly though Tristan should have been doing that.

I don't think Tristan's muscles needed a chin up work out. I think he got plenty of exercise the night before ha ha ha.

I vote for them to have a football. Hey what is girlie about pillow fighting? The way the sims do it, it is equivalent to all out war lol.
    I think they would be safer playing with real guns than those pillows lol.

NO NO NO pigtails on a boy is wrong lol.

I never understood the mud bath. I thought you went into a bath to rid yourself of mud on your body, not soak in it and get your body covered with it lol.

Royce and Katherine if they end up married are going to have a tempestuous relationship lol.

Are we sure the dropping of the hot rocks was an accident? lol Maybe he was getting back at her for something. After all couples do have their ups and downs lol. Yep, it was totally an accident "wink" "wink" lol.

I wouldn't cool down toward hubby until my back stopped burning about a week or sol lol.

Lucky Luna has got Tristan well trained. He would drop the rocks on his feet before even accidentally letting one fall on Luna. Besides if he did Luna would beat him within an inch of his life, before kissing and making up lol.

Cute update.

AiHaou wrote: »
    Well I see the alien jeans are in Narcissa. That and the echo-voice.
    1jn8tk.jpg
    j5wbrq.jpg

Looks like she is holding her baby out as a sacrifice lol.
    Page 313

@Puddinroy Normally I do have my sims ask party crashers to leave, but Eduardo's wife is a friend of Kristy's, and I had decided to wait and see if she would show up too. Then I forgot to do it later.

@unluckykoneko16 Thank you. You meant you like Kristy's outfits, I assume. I recolored all of them, and the dominoes table too.

Page 314

@LunBeauty Thank you, I'd appreciate seeing the pictures from CAS so I know which outfits they are.

Thank you for the congratulations to my daughter. This will be her second marriage.

I rarely play large families, because I'm not willing to give the parents high free will, as it makes it more difficult to play the way I'm used to. My usual strategy for large families is boarding school. I think though, since I don't play past the first generation very often, I should make use of the cheat to age up toddlers to NPC. The parents can still tell them to do their homework, clean up, come to meals, come home, work on skills, take out the trash, go to bed, etc., so there wouldn't be an issue with them doing what needed to be done.

Thank you. The only setting I change on Relativity is the speed, which I set at 28 for most of my games. That makes time run at 75% of normal speed, giving them 50% more time. For a few games I've used 19, which give them twice as much time as normal speed.

@Colorist I have to say, I'm kind of surprised that Drac allows Frank anywhere near his children, considering the hatred between the two of them. And if he knew about some of the things Frank is trying to teach them.... At least they don't seem to be buying Frank's insinuations about their father.

@TadOlson Thank you.

Do they actually catch fish in the pool?

@MayaRose1138 I like the house. You could put different style roofs on each side of the house, but the kind and color of roofing can't be changed. Back when I built the second house on the same lot for Rose and Romeo and her parents, I would have like different colored roofs on each house, too. But of course I couldn't do that.

Very nice interiors. Personally, I like Daisy's best. Easter's is a little too “busy” for my liking. I think my eyes would be straining to see my sims among all those patterns and colors. LOL!

Shame on Blossom for two-timing Walter! On the other hand, isn't that the family who all have different fathers? If so, I guess she may have simply decided to follow in her mother's footsteps.

I also got the little bit of CC I used and had to remove, on the recommendation of other players who used it all the time. Yet I had to take it out. I'd like to put it back in, since I don't have my sims adopt pets anymore anyway, but I'm afraid it might cause issues with something else in the game.

I've had sims at level 10 in charisma quite a few times. Once they meet the skill challenges, they make friends instantly with everyone they speak to, so it's not really very hard to get them to the top, unless they're not going out and meeting new people. Kristy hasn't been getting out much, because before I put the extra community lots in, there wasn't much of anywhere to go in bad weather. I think in the future I'll disable seasons for Monte Vista.

Yeah, well you know that when EA gives away something for free, it's most likely a marketing ploy to get you to buy something else. Most stores do the same thing.

@Zabeth0 Actually, Kristy only sees Gino at work, and he married one of her coworkers.

Yes, Hal did a lot of growing up after Kristy left, aided by a lot of soul-searching and his long talks with George. He's ready to commit to being the man she needs him to be, if she is willing. He has no idea what a long road he has ahead of him!

Yeah, now that Kristy doesn't have to sculpt for her living, she can just enjoy her art when she wants to do it, so it's more fun. She still makes wishes to sculpt, and there are still some sculptures I'm planning on having her make for herself.

Yeah, it was crummy timing for Kristy to get sick just in time to have to miss the summer festival. She may not be in Monte Vista any more by the time it comes around again, either.

I wasn't going to put that picture in of her playing her guitar in her bedroom into the update, because it wasn't a major event in her life, but since the vases and the picture on the wall were showing so well, and looking so nice, I decided to add it in there.

I used to keep potted plants outdoors, and one of the items on my annual fall to-do list was to bring in the potted plants. The game doesn't care, but I like having my sims do little things like that, that make the game more realistic.

From now on, I think I'll probably have Kristy cook the meals the day before the fall and winter holidays, so she'll be ready for a party without having to cook at the last minute. I had planned on her having a gift-giving party for Christmas, but hadn't given any thought of a feast party. She wished for it the night before, when it was too late to cook the turkey that day. I'd forgotten that charismatic sims like having parties. I'm hoping that she can start doing that more often once she is to the point where she doesn't have to work so hard.

The worst thing about her having to eat outside that night was that being the last day of fall, it was COLD out there, and she was sitting out there with a summer dress on.

I have vampires disabled, so there are never any vampires in any of my games, not even in Bridgeport, because I take them all into CAS before I start a game there, and make them all human. I also edit their faces to make them look more normal.

At least Kristy's house already has a fence around it, so I won't have to build one to keep people out. Paparazzi are disabled too, with the Register mod, for now. I'll probably allow them when she's in Bridgeport, because they fit the whole scene there.

@venusdemilosims Yeah, it seems there are always party crashers. Most of the time, I have my sims ask them to leave. But Eduardo's wife is a friend of Kristy's and I decided to wait to see if she would show up too. Then I forgot to send him away.

I can't help but wonder why Sierra glared at Lily, when she asked if they still had a shot.

I'm glad AJ has found someone else. Samantha was no good.

@Zabeth0 LOL! I suppose Jae has learned a different version of history from time traveling, or else from what she's been told by the members of her family who have been there, than the one the teacher is going to be teaching the kids at school.

@AiHaou Oops! Somebody's outfit is glitched!

Page 315

@Colorist40 You could bulldoze other empty houses to make room to place a house from somewhere else. I've done that before. You can even change lot types and use one that was for a community lot, or bulldoze a community lot you don't need, like a junkyard if your sim isn't going to invent.

In the movie, the window wasn't even open. The girl just bolted for the window and threw herself right through the glass.

Kristy still has to reach the top of the culinary career before she will leave Monte Vista. She may take a few more unpaid days off before she gets there, if she needs time for other things. I don't really have a timetable for her moving, and since I really like this house, I'm not in a hurry to move her out of it.

I'm not going to worry too much about getting her up to level 10 in charisma. When the time comes for her to move to France, since I will have to have her go there on vacations and only pretend she's actually moved, she will keep all of her relationships from the home world, and add in all the ones she'll have to talk to in the process of doing the adventures. At that point, I'm sure she'll get more than enough new relationships to allow her to get to level 10. Then, even when she moves to another town and loses her relationships, she'll still have the level 10 in charisma. The thing I like about charisma is that as they get higher up it doesn't take a whole day of friendly interactions to make one friend.

I could have moved that other table into the kitchen from outdoors, but by the time it hit me that she was going to be the last one to get her food, it was too late. I would need to move the kitchen table to make room for the other one, but once somebody sits at the table, you can't move it.

I wasn't thinking of Jed as being possessive. He didn't get nasty, but he did get the red negative relationship effect for one of the other guests when they talked to her. In fact, it was a guy who was also attracted to her, so maybe that was the real issue. He didn't want any competition. But both of those other guys were married, so he didn't have anything to worry about from them. Kristy would have sent them straight home if they'd made any kind of suggestive move on her.

@AiHaou Is Narcissa the baby? Is she floating in the air? Is that way you said she has the alien genes? Does her crying have an echo effect? At least she doesn't have green skin. I wonder what her eyes and ears will look like when she gets older?

@LunBeauty Yeah! Good way to get the gardening out of the way quickly! Besides, they're staying out of Luna's way while she cooks. She probably appreciates that, too.

LOL! My granddaughter likes Lady Gaga, though she doesn't care for her weird costumes, or so she told me.

What?! The babysitter's still there when they had Raquelle's birthday?

Awwwwwwwwww! What a little angel! She's definitely the cutest of them all, in my opinion.

Toddlers don't cry for no reason. If you leave them alone with nothing to do, they'll cry. If they have their teddy bear in their inventory, and you have them play with that, they won't cry.

I thought James and Olivia weren't together anymore anyway?

Savannah is a very pretty little girl.

Who is the burnt woman?

You called Harold “Tristan” in your update, under the picture where he gives Cadence a dip kiss after she chased off the burnt floozy.

Yeah, those guys need a ball to play catch with.

Cadence probably doesn't want the flash in her eyes. In a later part of my game I didn't post yet, Jed was looking away while Kristy was taking a picture of them together. Then he took two of them together, looking at the camera. Both times he reacted very badly to the flash in his eyes.

Are we seeing a possible childhood sweetheart & future wife here?

Is Harold doing acupuncture on Cadence? I don't think I'd want an amateur doing that on me!

Who's the blonde Tristan is pillow fighting with?

@Celiria Uh... lawn ornaments can be removed, you know.

That third house looks like a quonset hut.

You didn't keep their furniture from their previous house?

I have bulldozed lots, and still sometimes have trouble placing my own houses. I can do it, but eh not that important to bother with most of the time.

You could put in moveobjects on cheat to move that table with people sitting at it.

I still found it hilarious the hostess has to sit in the kitchen alone after making the meal due to a party crasher lol.

It don't take much time with my sims no charisma as I just pull the friendship bar up with the testing cheats lol. I know, I know you don't like to use cheats lol.

I guess I try to see things I think the way Kristy would in real life see. A man who objects to someone else talking to her, in my mind is possessive.

msbeckycat wrote: »
    screenshot_original.jpg
    The Cline House but not sure how to update it. Do you fill up space with rooms on main floor first?

Not necessarily. You can do it anyway you want. You can decorate the second floor first or vice versa.

• Zabeth0Zabeth0 Posts: 1,337 Member
    @TadOlson: That frost looks quite extensive. :D Looks like they changed into their snow clothes just in time, and then the snow started coming down! :D

@Venusdemilosims: Thanks. :D

@LunBeauty: He's under a very powerful love spell, the kind that pulls out the self sacrificing love and brings it to the party. He's focused entirely on trying to get to know her, and everything about her that she'll tell him...so this is a huge set back to him...even though he inadvertently just saved his own life...Up until now, she's never questioned that when you are done with a human, you kill them. But up until last night, she also thought that killing someone kept them from being stripped down to their consciousness and stuck to an object for all of time- which she thinks is the worst thing that could ever happen to someone. He is very unlucky...even this hasn't saved him...just saved him from her. :D

@IreneSwift: The Christmas decorations look very nice. :D Her job is coming right along, and I'm sure she doesn't mind the extra money. :D Well, the challenge was met, so you can check it off your list, even if the perk doesn't do you can good. :D Well, that's a way to get to know him better. :D Hey, more variety of snowmen is a good thing. :D Poor guy is bad at slow dancing. (Impressively bad at it if he's been the worst you've seen lol!) :D Well, Kristy is pretty good at stuff, it's nice for her to be able to show people from time to time. :D (Without bragging, just, you know, winning. :D) Yeah, better dancing, no where near her feet. :D That makes sense- flash can be painful if you look right into it. :D

Ok, cool, nice to know. :D (I'm not trying to be annoying, after all. :D) Lol- Yeah. :D

The second one. :D She had to be a witch by then for the power to go to her...but she doesn't know if she was born a witch or not. :D Yep, that's exactly what just happened! :D She totally is. :D Oh, IreneSwift, you are quite observant! :D The witch that planned for Zelda to get that spell also planned for that vampire to take an interest in Rafael even though the vampires are not supposed to get involved in disputes between witches. Deedee will definitely be involved. :D

Looks like she's being productive at work. :D Mmmm key lime pie and stuffed turkey, sounds like a good menu. :D Lol- it was deep enough start but not finish lol. :D Things that only happen in the sims! (In real life we'd just get snow from a different spot). Lol- well at least the early sim wasn't annoying or argumentative...in fact, she got to kiss him under the mistletoe with no peanut gallery. :D (Though perhaps he needed one to make the connection for him!) Well, there were the gargoyles and the fuudog/stylized lion, but they are notoriously not very talkative. :D Lol- so, last time, she came and brought her uninvited husband, and now they've both been invited and she's a no show? Apparently they like to keep things interesting. :D Nothing ever goes quite to plan, does it? :D Lol@ Jed getting Mistletoe for a gift! Nice, with 2 tables, no one is out in the cold! :D

@Maya: That is very frustrating (ongoing cold, inability to take off and give your voice a break, and ontop of that glitches over normal functions in the game!) So, hopefully things improve. :D Midnight Hallow is next, but I'm not quite done posting from Dragon Valley yet. :D The dragons don't get bigger than those little shoulder dragons as far as I know. :D But at least they put dragons in the game! :D We can pretend they get bigger. :D

I woke up in the middle of the night last night, and couldn't go back to sleep. To occupy my time until I would get sleepy again, one of the things I did was to play with the Sims 4 CAS demo. When I used it before, I was trying to make myself, and couldn't do it. This time I was just making sims, so I actually enjoyed it. I thought you guys might like to see the sims I made.

First a single female whose goal would be to marry and have children:
    Lindsey Jennings

aspiration: successful lineage
    traits: family oriented, cheerful, music lover

LindseyJenningscloseup.jpg

Lindsey in her party outfit

Lindseyspartywear.jpg

Next, I decided to make a thin, muscular black woman who would be a professional athlete
    Julia Hayes

aspiration: body builder
    traits: active, self-assured, bro

juliahayescloseup.jpg

Julia in her party wear

juliasformalwear.jpg

Next, I decided to randomize a sim and see what I could come up with. I was intending to make another female, but this guy came up. I thought he would be a perfect mate for Julia, so after I finished with him, I merged her in with him, and saved them together as a household, in addition to the one with her as a single. I kept all of his outfits he already had, except for his party outfit.

Trevor Hayes

aspiration: master chef
    traits: outgoing, foodie, goofball

tevorhayescloseup.jpg

Trevor's party outfit

trevorspartywear.jpg

Next, I was going to randomize again, for another female, but when this guy came up, he looked like kind of a charmer, so I decided to keep him. I changed his everyday outfit, which was exactly the same as Trevor had been wearing, and replaced it with the items he had for his party outfit, then changed the party outfit, too.

Walter Ross

aspiration: soulmate
    traits: romantic, art lover, family oriented

WaltherHayescloseup.jpg

Walter's party outfit

walterspartywear.jpg

Next, another female. She was not randomized.

Allison Cash

aspiration: freelance botanist
    traits: loves outdoors, outgoing, creative

AllisonCashcloseup.jpg

Allison's party outfit

Allisonspartywear.jpg

After I had quit and done some other things, I decided to go back and make a single mother with two children, a child and a toddler. As soon as I started opening CAS, I remembered I could only make young adults. It took a little longer before I remembered there aren't any toddlers anyway. I decided to make her anyway, and if/when I actually buy the game, then I can add a couple of children to her household. I'm thinking with her traits and aspiration, if I do play her, it might be interesting to put Walter in her game too, and see if they would meet up and hit it off.

Heather Scott

aspiration: successful lineage
    traits: family oriented, neat, foodie

HeatherScottcloseup.jpg

I'm not very happy with the limited clothing choices. I'm assuming that in the real game there are a lot more to choose from. Heather has a little extra weight around her hips. I did that on purpose, because a lot of real women do, and I like to make my sims ordinary people. Her everyday outfit minimizes it, but it's the only outfit that worked that way. I didn't want her party outfit to be the same outfit, but every other outfit was quite unflattering to her.

Heather's everyday outfit

HeatherScott.jpg

Heather’s party outfit

Heatherspartywear.jpg

I see you like that jacket shirt outfit a lot. I like it too. Of course though with the selections in game, you are limited for good clothes selection.

I like Julia the best and next Allison.

Trevor looks a lot like a guy I have in my game. He is a handsome cuss lol.

I must say I am kind of prejudiced against Walter as I don't like half bald guys. I don't mind completely bald, but bald with a ring around his head not so much lol.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top