Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Too soon for a Gallery pic changer? :D

I am by no means a modder, so I thought I'd ask the talented modders here. For TS3 we had the UIC image changer. I wonder if it is at all possible, since the Gallery works completely different. It probably stores the pictures on it's servers rather than the computer I would reckon.

Just putting it out there, to see if anyone thought of it already.

Comments

• mphgirlmphgirl Posts: 62 Member
    This would be great.
  • petalbotpetalbot Posts: 1,423 Member
    A picture changer would be great!
    sigg.gif

• BlindxSecretsBlindxSecrets Posts: 652 Member
    Ugh, yes. Half the time the images the gallery chooses for the Sim....you can't really see what they look like. I'd love to be able to put my own photo there, probably from CAS....so you can really see their face and whatnot. I'm all for it. Wonder if it's possible?
    The Noble Legacy (A Prettacy)
    Origin ID: BlindxSecrets
  • jauntyjaunty Posts: 3,336 Member
    I would love a sims 4 image changer then you can make your own special pictures that will hopefully show off our sims and houses better and show more details. I agree with @BlindxSecrets it is so hard to see what the sims in the gallery look like and also it makes them all look the same.
    m0oUDbi.jpg
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    I agree Sara! A picture changer would be great! The gallery pictures are not good and does not do justice to the builds posted by simmers!
  • SarademoorSarademoor Posts: 2,851 Member
    I agree with all of you! :D
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    YES!! me want a picture changer! all my homes are too distant looking in the Gallery and I've taken tons of pictures in game and wishes to use those screenshots to advertise my homes in the Gallery! I hope someone out there knows how to do this, or create a programme for it, waiting patiently.
  • simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    I'm needing a UIC right now and came here to the forums to search and see if anyone had made one yet. I'm working on a starter home right now and checked the 'save to my library' to see what the upload's going to look like and it's pretty awful. It's probably never going to be shared to the gallery because there's just no point in sharing. No one is going to want it based on the gallery pic - they won't be able to tell anything about it. :/ I know I'm a bit of a control freak, but..ugh. Here's my little home (not finished yet) and then the pic that will be on the gallery:

UfJVHpa.jpg

ryE6MFx.jpg
    KGLsNuM.jpg
    Oh goodness yes, it doesn't do your house any justice at all :(
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    we need one badly!
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Yes please.The dumb gallery choose a back view of my house...Maxis/EA should have made an option for us to choose photos for it.
  • TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    edited October 2014
    I think it's possible, I seen somebody with a modified gallery picture for their sim. It wasn't anything spectacular, in fact I think the person swapped the gallery picture with one from the cache folder since it had that "zoom"-like effect to it.

I can't comment any further on the matter, just thought I'd drop in what bit of detail I witnessed on the gallery at that point.

I do suspect however that the person may have been using an importer/exporter tool a group of French modders created.
    // take me back to 2018.
    That is progress I suppose :D And I agree, we do need one. I've seen many houses that are not done any justice with just a frontal shot.
  • KojiKKojiK Posts: 786 Member
    edited April 2015
    seven months after this post was created and we still need a gallery pic changer, I created a beautiful house and the gallery photo is from the side
    Post edited by KojiK on

EA Game Changer

If inspiration bites, grab on to it!