Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mods Dialog

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    edited August 2014
    Jordwal wrote: »
    I thought the Launcher worked quite well. I would have liked it more if it had sorted things but it wasn't as bad as some third party tools I tried.

Launcher only installed Sims3Packs. ALL gameplay mods (script and XML) and a sizable chunk (I think most, but can't prove it) of other player mods only came in .package format. Was a while before there were any player tools that could even create Sims3Packs.

What 3rd party tools did you try? AFAIK CCM was the only one.
  • Options
    JordwalJordwal Posts: 50 Member
    @Srikandi715 I know the Launcher only installed Sims3Packs. I used it a lot. CCM may have been the one I tried. I can't remember what it was called because I didn't use it for long since I didn't like it very much.
  • Options
    simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    I wished there were more sorting options for the launcher, I have a lot of store content and re-installing it and fixing issues tended to be a pretty big pain. I was pretty annoyed with the launcher pretty much every time I was really interacting with it. (And re-downloading stuff from my store account was a pain and it logging me out every like 10 minutes. lol)
    Something sort of s3 launcher-esque would be fine with some alterations... I'm curious how it's going to be, I guess we'll see soon!
    HSon1Mq.png
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    Go modders! Might be the only bright spot in this release.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    JordwalJordwal Posts: 50 Member
    @simfeetunder that's how I felt too. The launcher was just very limited. What it did do it did fine but I wanted it to do more. I hope EA has something in Sims 4 that's like it but better. Of course that's what all players want all the time. Something even better than what we have.
  • Options
    pboxpbox Posts: 630 Member
    @SimGuruModSquad is it technically possible that when users turn off both script and non-script mods in the in-game dialog but do not remove anything from their /Mods directory, some is still being loaded (from /unpackedmod for instance, or tuning from package files when /unpackedmod and the redirect in resource.cfg is present)? Or is disabling in-game a surefire way for the game to not load anything at all?

Trying to troubleshoot issues (not my own) with households not loading and latest patch (the 1.0.732.20 one).
    Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4
  • Options
    SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    Hey pbox,

Non-script mods cannot be disabled via the in-game UI. There is just one disable, that is just for script mods.

Use the command line option -ignoreMods to completely disable mods.
  • Options
    Oh, duh! So much for posting in Help without having the game in front of me >.< .. I must have misremembered that from TS3.

Thanks for the info. Just to add/clarify, this is for the Origin thingy command line.
  • Options
    Would it be possible to make it so that the “Script mods” department in the dialog only lists zips that actually contain script mods? The way it’s now, any zips will be listed, which leads to some degree of confusion: users download a package mod, forget to unzip it, see it listed in the Mods dialog (so they think it’s installed properly) and then wonder why it won’t work in game.