Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Achievements? Achievements!

Comments

• JoenielJoeniel Posts: 727 Member
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    NPC sims are those not of your creation. I've killed maids and sims that pass on the street.
    Vengeful deity wants you to kill your own creations, not Maxis' sims. ;)

I'll do that one next, it'll be easier as I can control random sims I CAS in my household.

As I said in other thread, you can download them from the gallery. And to make it more fun look for celebrities you don't like.
    gatitos_zps08y2lsrh.gif
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    NPC sims are those not of your creation. I've killed maids and sims that pass on the street, none of them were ever a part of my household and all were created by Maxis.
    Vengeful deity wants you to kill your own creations, not Maxis' sims. ;)

I'll do that one next, it'll be easier as I can control random sims I CAS in my household.
    Oh, see this is why it takes me so long to complete things. I'm always reading them wrong. :p I was trying to figure out how to make my botanist sim complete the harvesting requirement and I must have read the thing 3 or 4 times before realizing she had to harvest DIFFERENT plant types. LOL
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    edited September 2014
    LOL

Just forget doing Old Lace in front of poor Alexander Goth - you have to cause deaths on YOUR lot.
    I won't download gallery sims, too much of hassle. Will make 10 random grannies and grandpas in CAS and then rocket woohoo. >:)
    But if the achievement was to download "celebrity" sims and kill 'em, I'd do it! First I'd let them eat a day or two to get fat like hell, then I'd age them up so they become what they trully are. Rotten tomatoes.
    Afterwards would post pics where my sims do the happy dance when those abominations die.

• TzadTzad Posts: 2 New Member
    > Airing networks achievement...
    > TV: action, comedy, cooking, fireplace, kids, sports, romance, news, music. Also used channel surf.
    > Radio: Appreciate classical, the blues, alternative, oh, it kicked in!
    >
    > I actually used "listen to" on my parties, but never alternative, apparently. :)
    >
    > Channel surfer is working all right. Also editing the first post.

Hmm interesting, looks like im missing fireplace from that list.
    Gotta check if that is a handiness upgrade or unique to the tv in question (even though I would suspect the former).

Thanks for the fast reply, much appreciated.
  • IsewIsew Posts: 33 Member
    I just tried to get the Basketcase achievement. I'm not sure what they mean by "primary" emotions, but I got: angry, confident, embarrassed, energized, flirty, focused, happy, inspired, playful, sad, and uncomfortable. I know I did not get tense or fine (not sure if there's more I missed).

I tried to get tense by making her needs drop. I know I see that sometimes when they get home from work, but don't really know how to get that intentionally.

Anyone know which ones are required to complete it?
  • tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    I got the introvert achievement last week. And yesterday I just got the Hello, Darkness My Old Chum.
    Isew wrote: »
    I just tried to get the Basketcase achievement. I'm not sure what they mean by "primary" emotions, but I got: angry, confident, embarrassed, energized, flirty, focused, happy, inspired, playful, sad, and uncomfortable. I know I did not get tense or fine (not sure if there's more I missed).
    Anyone know which ones are required to complete it?

I'm pretty sure "primary" meens not "very" or more. So you don't have to get, for example, very focused. ;)

Currently these emotions are in the game (neutral, positive, negative):

Fine
    Confident
    Energized
    Flirty
    Focused
    Happy
    Inspired
    Playful
    Angry
    Bored
    Dazed
    Embarrassed
    Sad
    Tense
    Uncomfortable

If we have to pass them all with a sim, then such sim mustn't have whimreward negativeemotin immunity traits.
    Okay, unlike bugged Old Lace, Vengeful Deity works.

Just got it. Wasn't hard, and it was fast and easy.
    Just go into manage household, add 5 random elders, use dice for name, click any traits. Romance one by one, then doublewoohoo them in the rocket.
    Repeat the process once more because you need to kill 10 of them.

Yolanda came last, I felt a bit sorry for her, but well...

deity.jpg

And found (yet another) bug.
    When you go twice on woohoo while being sad because of previous loss, the first woohoo message appears as it should, but it also appears when you go for the wohoo the second time with the same sim.
    It works just once if you're not sad.
    Here's one such pic:
    double.jpg

This bug is so irrelevant I won't even bother to report it on RA answers HQ, they should work on critical bugs not things like this one, right?

Now... Which achievement to try next...
    edited October 2014
    Basket Case done.

It's not hard but I suggest having a painter who can do emotion inducing paintings and chief of mischief aspiration done.
    I had many things on my disposal, so you can use appropriate ones (an emotion painting, shower type or something) if you can't do otherwise.
    In cases of emotion paintings, if aura isn't enough, just make sim to watch that painting.

To do this right I took back in the household my "grandkid" sim.

Emotion phases sequence (basic states required for the achievements are italic, sleep is required!):

Fine - when you load the game he's automatically fine
    Happy - since he'll enter your nicely decorated (hopefully) house
    .... Now you take him and your mischevious sim on an empty part of the lot and make doorless walls around both of them
    Dazed - used mischief action sabotage on sim, voodoo doll can also do the trick
    Bored - bragged about handyness three times to sim
    Tense - used mischief action "plant seeds of doubt" on sim
    ... Tense won't automatically kick in till bored passes so fast forward time till it happens
    Flirty - VIP bucket aura (reqward from gold date)
    Focused - math diagram aura, your painter sim can make when focused
    Inspired - stack of canvas aura, painter career reward
    Energized - I used "off the charts" mirror aura from entertainment career, but you can tell sim to read "E - energy" book or take brisk shower
    Confident - I used "the monolith" aura from astronaut career, you can use confident painting
    ... Fast forward the time...
    ... About couple of hours later sim will become uncomfortable so buy a bed and let him sleep a bit till battery charges a bit, wake him then
    Embarrased - put a toilet seat in the room, send sim to pee, when he starts, move the other sim towards him
    Angry - angry painting aura
    Sad - sad painting aura
    Playful - "our founder" statue aura from criminal career, but you can use playful painting

basket.jpg
    Post edited by JoxerTM22 on
    edited September 2014
    Another one done, this time the hidden one: I’ll Get Around to it.

Easy one.
    Sabotage (mischief) 10 cheap radios then turn them on. They'll break soon and all you need is to wait a while, a minute or so till the achievement kicks in.

At the same time Maxis began again their spamming spree so sorry my pic looks totally 🐸🐸🐸🐸 now with their spam.

sabotage.jpg

sabot1.jpg
  • MiraiMirai Posts: 333 Member
    Is there any actual use for achievement points, or are they just for bragging rights?
    edited September 2014
    1. for all I know no use, just bragging rights and... fun. :)
    2. I wonder how many of achievements DLC spammers did because their excuse is needing more things, they probably did everything

EDIT:

So... I'll call you, which is hidden achievement, done.

Now all my sims have steel bladder so it is supposed to be tricky, right? Wrong!
    Steel blader won't help your sim if he's drinking much.
    So, set a bar in your home, remove toilet seats, mix drinks and use them till your sim's bladder go red.
    Set a date, the place - your home.
    Continue to drink at your bar, in a minute or so yor poor sim will pee himself/herself. :)

call1.jpg

Also when I'm on dating again, did Speed Dating too.
    Easy as pie after you grab Serial Romantic aspiration reward trait (no jealousy!).
    Add three new random sims in your household through manage household (suggested trait romantic on all three), set your sim a date in sim's house with any of them and go first kissing before the time is up! :D

double.jpg

But there is another thing I can do on a date, and I did it. On a whim achievement. No philosophy, just set a date in the house and do whims that appear.

whim.jpg
  • sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    edited September 2014
    the points can be redeemed in the rewards store. Click on the achievement button and in the upper right hand corner there are two buttons. One to change aspirations, the other for the store. This is the equivalent of Sims3 aspirations rewards.
    Aspirations, whims, whimpoints and whimpoint rewards are one thing.

Things in this thread, achievements, are totally different thing. ;)
  • IsewIsew Posts: 33 Member
    That was a good tip about the boring conversation it also gave me embarrassed. The mischief one's didn't show up as options. I was thinking about trying the mischief while angry to see if that made a difference. Dazed seems to be the hardest one to get since I'm just having her drink multiple cups of coffee.

I already had my house completely decorated so that I could enable emotional auras and get about 8 of them easily. I still just cannot seem to get this one though. I guess I'll take a break and try again later.
    edited September 2014
    Dazed IIRC can also be set with voodoo doll. I don't remember which option though, I forgot and sold the doll as it's... Not fun really.
    I'll turn on the game, buy another doll and try them and edit the post in a few moments.

EDIT:
    Yup, bind voodoo doll on a sim, then click on the doll, do voodoo, soak.

soak.jpg

In fact I never wrote down those voodoo effects. And can't find anyone did. I'm gonna post a separate thread on those.

EDIT2:
    Done, voodoo doll "guide":
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/788863/voodoo-doll-effects-if-anyone-wants-to-know
  • sarahzsmylsarahzsmyl Posts: 1,307 Member
    "Enchantment? ENCHANTMENT!!!!" I'm sorry. I really I am. That's what your title reminded me of, and I couldn't resist. Pretend I didn't type anything.
    Origin, Steam, PSN, XBL - FyreFlyeRush

edited September 2014
    You got it right, that's exactly what was in my mind when I made the title. ;)
    No need to be sorry, I'm happy someone here does play RPGs (I'm in fact RPG loving person and don't really care for other game genres, Sims is pretty much an exception).
  • knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    Dragon Age eh ;) Anyways so whats the point system with achievements all about?
    edited September 2014
    No point except thinking on a fastest way/strategy to do an achievement is kinda fun. In fact some are more challenging than aspirations.

Aspirations are grind, grind, grind and just grind and no other way to complete them. Achievements, some, are another story. You can grind them too, but hell, we have a brain and can get creative, right? ;)
  • knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    No point except thinking on a fastest way/strategy to do an achievement is kinda fun. In fact some are more challenging than aspirations.

Aspirations are grind, grind, grind and just grind and no other way to complete them. Achievements, some, are another story. You can grind them too, but hell, we have a brain and can get creative, right? ;)

Sorry I meant the point system, i.e achievement for doing so and so for 10,50,100 points?

• RoaneRoane Posts: 204 Member
    edited September 2014
    Problem Child requires you to reach maximum Mischief as a teenager.

Doesn't work!
    I got mischief level 10 on a child. No achievement.
    Reloaded the point before getting kid to level 10 mischief, aged the kid to young adult, reached mischief level 10, again no achievement.

Assuming you do not have a typo here, I think you just missed the timing. It's not as a child (as in your first pic), but as a teenager (according to your text.) You say you did it as a child and as a young adult, but I don't see you mentioning maxing it as a teen.
    The Geek Shall Inherit: The Merrigan Family Legacy Challenge -- Visit us on Tumblr.
    Origin ID: Tairgire
    edited September 2014
    OMG Roane I love you! It's not a typo!
    I did use YA and a kid, just checked! I'm so... Stupid.
    Thanks, I'm back onto this!

EDIT:

:(

No achievement on level 10 mischief:

karse.jpg

It's a bug most definetly or there is something in this achievement I'm missing.
  • tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    I got the Tungsten Chef achievement, quickly followed by the Whimsical achievement last night.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    How do you get that achievement that has to do with TV channel surfing and radio station surfing? Like, I tried to do it really quickly making sure my sim watched a bit of the TV show before changing the channel but I didn't get it.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top