March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

D.N.A. Request Team - Designing Nature & Architecture Just for You!

Comments

• anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    anettesb wrote: »
    is it posible that the friend request thing gets harder for some as the forums is splited in 2?

Hi Anette! It's possible that they may not see it, but it's still the most efficient way for us to have them acknowledge that we've claimed their request. We do ask that folks with an open request nearing the top of the list to check our forum page every few days to see if they've been claimed, and if they have they can always respond here if they don't want to accept the FR on the S3 site.
    You bring up an excellent point though, and I'm going to check in with the team and see if in addition to sending the friend request, team members are leaving messages on the new My Page as well. I can't wait until they add the Friends list to our My Pages!! That'll make things much easier. *hugs*

defently see it from your site to... just a thought... I hope people havn't gotten lost in this new forum
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • DNARequestTeamDNARequestTeam Posts: 5,926 Member
    edited September 2014
    is it posible that the friend request thing gets harder for some as the forums is splited in 2?

Hi Anette! It's possible that they may not see it, but it's still the most efficient way for us to have them acknowledge that we've claimed their request. We do ask that folks with an open request nearing the top of the list to check our forum page every few days to see if they've been claimed, and if they have they can always respond here if they don't want to accept the FR on the S3 site.
    You bring up an excellent point though, and I'm going to check in with the team and see if in addition to sending the friend request, team members are leaving messages on the new My Page as well. I can't wait until they add the Friends list to our My Pages!! That'll make things much easier. *hugs*

defently see it from your site to... just a thought... I hope people havn't gotten lost in this new forum

I appreciate you mentioning it! There are a lot of people that haven't come over to this side yet, and when they arrive it's all a bit confusing. I spoke with the team, and some had been leaving messages on the S4 My Page, others hadn't...now it's something we'll always do. Thank you so much for bringing it up!
    SLpPUp.png
    Our thread is up to date.
    SLpPUp.png

I appreciate you mentioning it! There are a lot of people that haven't come over to this side yet, and when they arrive it's all a bit confusing. I spoke with the team, and some had been leaving messages on the S4 My Page, others hadn't...now it's something we'll always do. Thank you so much for bringing it up!

no problem

I think how people take this transfere is very difrent some almost abondon sims3 site.... some hardly (or never go her) it is chaos
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    Big wave's to everyone!! :) I hope you all have a wonderful day! <3
  • Cynth220Cynth220 Posts: 1,162 Member
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for the update, Cynth220! I've noted the change in the Open Requests. :)

For My Records:
    Original Request

Um, Liss....you didn't alter my request that Zoo is supposed to be working on did you? I know she claimed it she;s just super busy with everything else.

Edit: Yeah Zoo claimed that one before she handed it (DNA Secretary) over to you. I thought you knew that so just put back the one for the Bowling Alley/Arcade and I'll keep my request for sue until Zoo is finished.
  • Nirar22Nirar22 Posts: 172 Member
    Nirar22 wrote: »
    Those are some amazing builds! As always I am in awe of your guys' building skills!
    I find the new point system or whatever it is they have a little annoying. I joined in March of 2010---and while I don't post a whole bunch, I have posted here and there---yet it shows me as a new member. Say what?! lol
    Edit: It also won't show what I write after I use any of the smilies. Also annoying!

Thank you for stopping in, and the wonderful compliment! :) The new point system is interesting, isn't it? lol I know that there are a lot of us that see people that are listed as new members and we try to like (or lol or agree) with posts created by people like you with the lower scores. Hang in there! You'll get your gray quote box and smilies in no time. :)

Thank you very much! I think your "like" did the trick, I was promoted to Member. :)

I've been lurking, keeping an eye on this thread, to make sure I don't miss when someone claims my build request. I submitted it towards the end of July, so there are still quite a few people in front of me, but you all are getting closer to it, lol

I think I'll say thanks again too, to all of the DNA members for taking their personal time to build these lots, it is really appreciated. :)

The Stone Kings--my Random Royal Kingdom Challenge

Full of Beans--a Perfect Genetics, Midnight Sun, ISBI rolled into one challenge
    edited September 2014
    Cynth220 wrote: »

For My Records:
    Original Request

Um, Liss....you didn't alter my request that Zoo is supposed to be working on did you? I know she claimed it she;s just super busy with everything else.

Edit: Yeah Zoo claimed that one before she handed it (DNA Secretary) over to you. I thought you knew that so just put back the one for the Bowling Alley/Arcade and I'll keep my request for sue until Zoo is finished.

Um, yeah....I totally did. *face palm* I didn't lose the info though, so I'll get it put back right away. We have a rule that you can't make a second request until your first one is complete; the exception being that you may have two requests in progress if one of them is for a single Sim or single pet. So that being said, I'm going to add your new request once Zoo has uploaded the one she's working on. I'm sorry for the inconvenience! I would like to make an exception here, but I have to stick to the rules or we may as well not have them...I hope you understand that it's not personal.

Thank you!!
    SLpPUp.png
    SLpPUp.png
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    Hello everyone !! :smiley:

Long time since my last comment here. My internet is not going very well and I was busy marrying this man !!:

75e91eba-f211-4cc2-90dc-28db36ccfe0b.png

;) Have a lovely day <3
  • jlwatkins1848jlwatkins1848 Posts: 65 Member
    edited October 2014
    Request Form (Residential Lot)
    Username: jlwatkins1848
    Preferred builder* (if none, leave blank):
    Sims 3 or 4?: 3
    Type of build (Modern, Traditional, Victorian, Gothic, etc. or leave blank): 16th-century English Tudor Great House, modernized in the late Victorian era.
    Which EPs and SPs do you have? All expansion packs, Fast Lane, Outdoor Living, Master Suite and Movie Stuff Packs.
    If you have Showtime, which edition do you have (basic, Limited, or Katy Perry)? basic
    Lot size (dimensions): 64 x 64

Number of bedrooms: 4-8
    Specific instructions on decorating the bedrooms (gender, age, etc.)? A master bedroom, a nursery w/ governess's room attached, a butler's room, and if possible, a few rooms for older children/teenagers of both genders and maybe some guest rooms designed in styles that the Victorians would have considered "exotic."

Number of bathrooms: 4-7
    Favorite color schemes: dark woods, rich colors, tapestried walls, though I don't mind pale colors for the nursery and conservatory.
    Colors you dislike: Anything popular in the 1970s and '80s. I'm an archaic snob, you see.
    Do you want it furnished and decorated? I do indeed, if it isn't too much trouble.
    Can patterns from Create-a-Pattern be used? Sure.

Please list the Store content that can be used: registration rewards, most free sets, Full Regal Living Set, Hacienda Luxury, Tutor of Tudors, Jazz Age Living Room, Brunch at the Old Mill, Gothique Library, Gothique Living + Sleeping Rooms, Palace of Versailles, India Inspirations Bedroom, Storybook Bedroom, Full interior and Exterior Castle sets, Worldly Goods, Steampunk: the Return, Mediterranean Kitchen/dining set, Crystal ball set, Dragon Valley Gold edition w/ Duke of Bows Renaissance Faire, Hidden Springs standard, Monte Vista standard, Barnacle Bay w/ Buccaneer's Bounty, Roaring Heights w/ the Boardwalk, Midnight Hollow Gold Edition, Demeter's End table, Smooth Cruise, Reflection, Classic Candelabra, Zirconium Chandelier, Commodius Commode, Galileo's Observer, Romantique Table Lamp, Brass Candelabrum, Regal Repose, Boeuf Gras Dining Chair (sorry for the amount of single items, don't worry about using them…except for the chandelier. I love the chandelier!).

Please list the Dr. Pepper and T-Mobile promotional items that can be used: No need.
    If you will be placing this lot in an EA world, which one? I am not.

Special requirements (garden, pool, hot tub, etc.)? Required: Formal dining room, Conservatory w/ space for tea table and easel, study, library, secret alchemy lab, gardener's cottage w/ vegetable and alchemy garden and fairy house. If there is enough room: formal gardens, carriage house, music room, lady's reception room, gentleman's game room (can be same as study or library), attic, wine cellar, ballroom w/ professional bar, swimming pool in the basement, secret laboratory for inventions, chemistry, etc.

Additional instructions? the lot I have in mind for this manor is near a cliff with excellent views from the back and right-hand sides. It is connected to a dirt road on the front right corner (for a better understanding, see Huntsborough, a world created by Quailhogs). The Daverton family that resides here is very old nobility, and thus would rather emphasize stateliness than wealth. I'd like to think the current house was built on the remains of a castle sometime in the 1500s, and gradually expanded over the centuries. A laptop is necessary, and perhaps an old television set hidden out of public view, but otherwise technology and style should go no further than the 1930s.

That's about it! Thanks so much for making this system available. I'll try my best to keep alert on the forums. See you in four weeks or so!
    Post edited by jlwatkins1848 on
  • MafiastyleMafiastyle Posts: 714 Member
    Request Form (Community Lot)
    Username: Mafiastyle
    Sims 3 or 4?: 4
    Type of lot (laundromat, club, library, park, etc.): library I Guess lol

I want it to look like Clue, the board game
    clue+board.jpg

Lot size (dimensions): ^ see above
    Public restrooms? nope
    Favorite color schemes: ^ see above
    Colors you dislike: no preference
    Do you want it furnished and decorated? yes
    Can patterns from Create-a-Pattern be used?

If you will be placing this lot in an EA world, which one? either one
    Link to specific building or plan:
    Special requirements (subway, parking, registers, etc.)? none
    Additional instructions?
    If you can make this happen then I will be pleased because I think it would be awesome!
    Thanks!
    39d589ef4e5a6ca8bd17fc4bfd12fec6.jpg
    Babies everywhere, thank you shadow cat.

• ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    Cynth220 wrote: »

For My Records:
    Original Request

I was planning on starting work on the Bowling Alley THIS weekend. I just have to do a little a tally of scores in my contest (should be finished and posted on Saturday night) and then I'm available to build.

If you have changed your mind and want someone else to work on it, I completely understand that. I want you to know that I have been moving as fast as I can. I did Calculus homework for three hours last night--- after I got home from work at 8PM. I just can't do any Sims stuff during the week right now. Sorry!

Zoo
    oow785m
  • Nirar22Nirar22 Posts: 172 Member
    edited September 2014
    Clue is my favorite board game, what a neat idea to turn it into a Sims house!

I just found out that they changed the forum rules again, you now have to have 150 points and 100 posts, so I am back to a new member again. *grumbles*
    The Stone Kings--my Random Royal Kingdom Challenge

Full of Beans--a Perfect Genetics, Midnight Sun, ISBI rolled into one challenge
    Nirar22 wrote: »
    Clue is my favorite board game, what a neat idea to turn it into a Sims house!<br />
    <br />
    I just found out that they changed the forum rules again, you now have to have 150 points and 100 posts, so I am back to a new member again. *grumbles*

and that after removeing the like button... so it is now also HARDER to get the points

sigh
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    Hey everyone!! I hope all is well today!!

TGIF.gif

Anett and Nirar I will go through and hit like on your'e post maybe that will help!!

Have a awesome day!!
    Bree I'm ok.... but just feel EA is acting unfair... IF they up the requirement for points much more I might be in truble soon..... glad I have my year badgedes as with out the social media badgedes it is a slow start to get the point otherwise.

Gues we must just help each other by often likeing and lol'ng posts..... so no one is forced to be new member for to long.
    I'm ready to like any kind post of any new member
  • deadncrispydeadncrispy Posts: 500 Member
    hi everyone! :)
  • deadncrispydeadncrispy Posts: 500 Member
    hello everyone. appearantly im now a member
    hello everyone. appearantly im now a member

Congrats! That's great news! No more break lines when quoting for you....hello gray box! ;)
    SLpPUp.png
    Request Form (Residential Lot)
    Username: jlwatkins1848
    Sims 3 or 4?: 3
    Type of build (Modern, Traditional, Victorian, Gothic, etc. or leave blank): 16th-century English Tudor Great House, modernized in the late Victorian era.
    That's about it! Thanks so much for making this system available. I'll try my best to keep alert on the forums. See you in four weeks or so!

Thank you for your request. I've added you to the list.

I have to admit that I'm really excited about this lot! I hope that I'm the lucky one that creates this for you. Happy simming! :)

SLpPUp.png
    Mafiastyle wrote: »
    Request Form (Community Lot)
    Username: Mafiastyle
    Sims 3 or 4?: 4
    Type of lot (laundromat, club, library, park, etc.): library I Guess lol
    If you can make this happen then I will be pleased because I think it would be awesome!
    Thanks!

Thank you for your request, too. :D I've added you to the list. Have a great weekend! :)
    SLpPUp.png
    SLpPUp.png
  • LissykinLissykin Posts: 2,786 Member
    Hello! :)
    I've been busy working on my farmhouse for CroweBTJBJJ. If you're interested, I've posted some additional WIP pics on my showcase thread here:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12712938/#Comment_12712938

Have a wonderful weekend! :D