March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

D.N.A. Request Team - Designing Nature & Architecture Just for You!

Comments

• StutteredScreamsStutteredScreams Posts: 147 Member
    edited September 2014
    > @DNARequestTeam said:
    > Thank you for the request, Maine 🐸🐸🐸🐸's are so sweet! I've added you to the list. :) Those darn forum privileges are messing with you. As soon as you level up you can share the images on the thread. For now you can definitely send them directly to the creator that claims the request. Have a great week!

Thanks so much, they are super sweet (even though they're cats not plums; silly word changer ;P) I adore them in real life but can't get one because I have too many animals already haha, so I thought it'd be great to have one in my game instead! :smiley:
    Zpj9msL.png
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    hmm why do some qoutes go like StutteredScreams

with >

and others have this gray frame

???'

any one know

@StutteredScreams
    yea the cencor is even more crazy n this forum..... guesing you tried to writt main c o o n s
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    edited September 2014
    > @anettesb said:
    > hmm why do some qoutes go like StutteredScreams
    >
    > with >
    >
    > and others have this gray frame
    >
    >
    > ???'
    >
    > any one know
    >
    > StutteredScreams
    > yea the cencor is even more crazy n this forum..... guesing you tried to writt main c o o n s

Yes @anettesb that's exactly what I tried to say and for whatever reason it decided to censor it with plum lol, to be honest I didn't even realize this was a bad word. I guess never I've thought or heard of it being used for anything other than a cat breed, brand of cheese, or a shortened version of racoon. :stuck_out_tongue:

P.S. I also wondered about the whole > quote thing, very peculiar.
    Zpj9msL.png
  • LORYPARIS2009LORYPARIS2009 Posts: 7 New Member
    OMG Taryn!!! Thank you very much for that beautiful manor!! It's beyond amazing. Great details, loving landscape. Very luxury and homey at the same time. It was totally worth the waiting, I'm in love with the new home. So thank you again, for taking your time, for the gifts, for everything!! You are such an artist!!!!

Downloaded, recd and starting the "explore adventure".

Thank you so much!!! :)
  • CalebFillionCalebFillion Posts: 293 Member
    > @deadncrispy said:
    > i am so dissapointed! was on my way to get sims 4 then the car brakes down.

I would take that as an omen mate.
    edited September 2014
    > @anettesb said:<br />
    > hmm why do some qoutes go like StutteredScreams<br />
    > <br />
    > with ><br />
    > <br />
    > and others have this gray frame<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > ???'<br />
    > <br />
    > any one know<br />
    > <br />
    > StutteredScreams<br />
    > yea the cencor is even more crazy n this forum..... guesing you tried to writt main c o o n s<br />
    <br />
    Yes @anettesb that's exactly what I tried to say and for whatever reason it decided to censor it with plum lol, to be honest I didn't even realize this was a bad word. I guess never I've thought or heard of it being used for anything other than a cat breed, brand of cheese, or a shortened version of racoon. :stuck_out_tongue:<br />
    <br />
    P.S. I also wondered about the whole > quote thing, very peculiar.

I only new of it as a word with cats... I think... don't know how it is bad

any way pretty cats.... if my mom wasn't alergic I would want a cat and it be amazing if it was 1 of thoese or a novegian forrest cat....

the qoute thing might be in your setting.... it was in the old forum... and when you qouted some one their settings carried over...
    edit: wich they don't do here... if it is the settings

edit2: maybe it is about the points.... that you still a new member and can't use BBCodes?
    if thats the case we need to get you the last points up to 50 (I hear thats the magic number for becoming a member)
    take a look here and see if there is any badged you could easy get
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/badges
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • deadncrispydeadncrispy Posts: 500 Member
    > @deadncrispy said:<br />
    > i am so dissapointed! was on my way to get sims 4 then the car brakes down.<br />
    <br />
    I would take that as an omen mate.

lol. well i thought the gas i put in my car had water in it but it was the computer module
  • GlenkarriGlenkarri Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited September 2014
    Claim this one next thanks
    Date: June 16,2014
    Username: justbrice
    Page: Old Thread here
    Type: Residential Lot
    Description: Modern Four Bedroom with Futuristic Look

Friend request sent September 16, 2014

• DNARequestTeamDNARequestTeam Posts: 5,926 Member
    Glenkarri wrote: »
    Claim this one next thanks
    Date: June 16,2014
    Username: justbrice
    Description: Modern Four Bedroom with Futuristic Look

Friend request sent September 16, 2014

Thank you!
    SLpPUp.png
    anettesb wrote: »
    > @anettesb said:
    hmm why do some qoutes go like StutteredScreams codes and others have this gray frame
    any one know

StutteredScreams
    yea the cencor is even more crazy n this forum..... guesing you tried to writt main c o o n s

Yes @anettesb that's exactly what I tried to say and for whatever reason it decided to censor it with plum lol, to be honest I didn't even realize this was a bad word. I guess never I've thought or heard of it being used for anything other than a cat breed, brand of cheese, or a shortened version of racoon. :stuck_out_tongue:

P.S. I also wondered about the whole quote thing, very peculiar.

any way pretty cats.... if my mom wasn't alergic I would want a cat and it be amazing if it was 1 of thoese or a novegian forrest cat....

the qoute thing might be in your setting.... it was in the old forum... and when you qouted some one their settings carried over...

edit2: maybe it is about the points.... that you still a new member and can't use BBCodes?
    if thats the case we need to get you the last points up to 50 (I hear thats the magic number for becoming a member)

I hadn't noticed that it swapped my word out for plum. Way to make me look silly, forum auto correct. lmao! :)

Anette, you're right....the quote variations are all based on the new point system. As soon as you meet the conditions you're able to have the gray box. Thank you so much for the link to the badges. I keep forgetting to bookmark that. *hugs*

SLpPUp.png
  • justbricejustbrice Posts: 348 Member
    @Glenkarri: Yay! Thank you. I accepted your FR.
    Our thread is up to date.
    SLpPUp.png
  • GlenkarriGlenkarri Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited September 2014
    justbrice wrote: »
    @Glenkarri: Yay! Thank you. I accepted your FR.

Thanks justbrice ... my building thread is here for further contact http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/643860/glenkarris-thread-for-d-n-a-builds#latest
    > @anettesb said:
    hmm why do some qoutes go like StutteredScreams codes and others have this gray frame
    any one know

StutteredScreams

P.S. I also wondered about the whole quote thing, very peculiar.

I hadn't noticed that it swapped my word out for plum. Way to make me look silly, forum auto correct. lmao! :)

Anette, you're right....the quote variations are all based on the new point system. As soon as you meet the conditions you're able to have the gray box. Thank you so much for the link to the badges. I keep forgetting to bookmark that. *hugs*

that I could only do becouse it was given to me

thats so stupide.... lets get people over 50 as fast as we can.....
    I was thinking it might have something to do with points and such @anettesb it's a pretty strange method, the whole point system thing, but I guess it just encourages us to be more active on the website!
    Anyway thanks for the insight, I'll go check out the badges page now. :smile:

And thank you @DNARequestTeam for clearing that up, also don't worry about the plum thing, I thought I looked just as silly since I said it first! I looked back at my post and was like "What the heck?!", so I tried to edit it thinking I'd somehow wrote the wrong word and found it was a censor thing. :stuck_out_tongue:
    Zpj9msL.png
    no problem StutteredScreams

it is a wierd system, and I'm trying to figure it out
  • Cynth220Cynth220 Posts: 1,162 Member
    edited November 2014
    suepea wrote: »
    Cynth220 wrote: »
    If sue was gonna be foiled again I was gonna request a community lot with her as pref. creator. I can't build large lots to save my life! I managed to make a small one for Isla Paradiso featuring the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Wagon, Fairy Arboretum and the Vault from Supernatural that I have point blank fallen in love with, but I still need for other places like Appaloosa Plains and DV.

Cynth -- how sweet to think of me! Don't give up on me yet, I haven't heard from my most recent requester and may still be up for grabs!

In that case I'll do it anyway! (I dunno if it will take long since it's pretty much stock items from the worlds/expansions)

Username: Cynth220
    Preferred builder* (if none, leave blank):
    Sims 3 or 4?: 3
    Type of lot (laundromat, club, library, park, etc.): Supernatural-themed venue
    Which EPs and SPs do you have? (Big list!) World Adventures, Generations, Town Life, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, ITF (Limited Edition!) (Worlds are Hidden Springs, Monte Vista and DV)
    If you have Showtime, which edition do you have (basic, Limited, or Katy Perry)?
    Lot size (dimensions): At least 30x30
    Public restrooms? Yes!
    Favorite color schemes:
    Colors you dislike:
    Do you want it furnished and decorated? Yeah
    Can patterns from Create-a-Pattern be used? No.
    Please list the Store content that can be used: Plants and other Flora from Dragon Valley
    Please list the Dr. Pepper and T-Mobile promotional items that can be used: Don't have any
    If you will be placing this lot in an EA world, which one? Dragon Valley
    Link to specific building or plan: None
    Special requirements (subway, parking, registers, etc.)? MAYBE horse hitching posts
    Additional instructions? I already made my own lot similar to what I want for Isla Paradiso. It contains The Vault, the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Fortune Telling Wagon and the Arboretum and is decorated with plant life that comes from Island Paradise, so basically something like that only a bit bigger with benches underneath the trees and a couple outdoor chess tables. I'm probably not making a lot of sense but I'll upload the one I made all the same. Make it match with the scheme of Dragon Valley.
    Post edited by Cynth220 on
  • justbricejustbrice Posts: 348 Member
    edited September 2014
    @Glenkarri: Okay. I'll go and check it out right now.
  • sashrafsashraf Posts: 2,960 Member
    sashraf wrote: »

Date: June 25,2014
    Username: Lizziguin
    Description: Tudor House with 3 to 4 bedrooms
    Preferred Creator:
    Claimed By:

Friend request sent 9/9

Lizziguin I don't have any questions at present.
    If you want any changes or additions leave me a note on my page. :)
    Thank you!

Madame Secretary :D
    Please place this request on hold.
    Friend request was sent on 9/9/14 and still no response
    is it posible that the friend request thing gets harder for some as the forums is splited in 2?

• Nirar22Nirar22 Posts: 172 Member
    edited September 2014
    Those are some amazing builds! As always I am in awe of your guys' building skills!

I find the new point system or whatever it is they have a little annoying. I joined in March of 2010---and while I don't post a whole bunch, I have posted here and there---yet it shows me as a new member. Say what?! lol

Edit: It also won't show what I write after I use any of the smilies. Also annoying!
    The Stone Kings--my Random Royal Kingdom Challenge

Full of Beans--a Perfect Genetics, Midnight Sun, ISBI rolled into one challenge
    Thanks for the update, Cynth220! I've noted the change in the Open Requests. :)

For My Records:
    Original Request
    SLpPUp.png

Date: June 25,2014
    Username: Lizziguin
    Description: Tudor House with 3 to 4 bedrooms
    Preferred Creator:
    Claimed By:

Friend request sent 9/9

Lizziguin I don't have any questions at present.
    If you want any changes or additions leave me a note on my page. :)
    Thank you!

Madame Secretary :D
    Please place this request on hold.
    Friend request was sent on 9/9/14 and still no response

I've noted it. Thank you!

SLpPUp.png
    is it posible that the friend request thing gets harder for some as the forums is splited in 2?

Hi Anette! It's possible that they may not see it, but it's still the most efficient way for us to have them acknowledge that we've claimed their request. We do ask that folks with an open request nearing the top of the list to check our forum page every few days to see if they've been claimed, and if they have they can always respond here if they don't want to accept the FR on the S3 site.
    You bring up an excellent point though, and I'm going to check in with the team and see if in addition to sending the friend request, team members are leaving messages on the new My Page as well. I can't wait until they add the Friends list to our My Pages!! That'll make things much easier. *hugs*
    SLpPUp.png
    Nirar22 wrote: »
    Those are some amazing builds! As always I am in awe of your guys' building skills!
    I find the new point system or whatever it is they have a little annoying. I joined in March of 2010---and while I don't post a whole bunch, I have posted here and there---yet it shows me as a new member. Say what?! lol
    Edit: It also won't show what I write after I use any of the smilies. Also annoying!

Thank you for stopping in, and the wonderful compliment! :) The new point system is interesting, isn't it? lol I know that there are a lot of us that see people that are listed as new members and we try to like (or lol or agree) with posts created by people like you with the lower scores. Hang in there! You'll get your gray quote box and smilies in no time. :)
    SLpPUp.png