Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play and Share continued

Comments

• venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited September 2014
    @IreneSwift congratulations on Kristy getting the full scholarship! And why is she suddenly a magnet for married men? Lol Tsk

@ddsims3world, Em is growing up nicely... if, as you say, she is a little spoiled. Lol

Compared to what's going on with Sierra, her older sister Sage has been fairly straight forward.

Screenshot-583-2_zps45bd258a.jpg

She graduated valedictorian of her class at Alpine Community School in Hidden Springs, and received a full $2500 simolean/semester honors scholarship to Sims University.

Screenshot-1638_zps9d44025f.jpg

She decided to major in fine arts.

Screenshot-2874_zpsbf863b93.jpg

When Sage isn't chasing her sister down, she's leading protests against radiation in the university quad.

Screenshot-2239_zps06f3d1f7.jpg

And working for the campus radio station.

Screenshot-1623_zpsa0224ef1.jpg

She went out on her first date with Kyle Heilman, who, ironically, met her best friend, Kayleigh, first.

Screenshot-2182_zps1e4b4013.jpg

But as time went on it became clear that Sage was the true object of Kyle's affection. And the feeling was mutual. The two are now living together.

Screenshot-472_zpsa514b3bd.jpg

And did Savannah really introduce Sierra to one of her own students?
    Post edited by venusdemilosims on
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited September 2014
    This snow... >.< We've been having power problems a lot today, stupid snow keeps causing tree branches to break off and land on power lines. At least I'm in an area that isn't completely without power though, we've always been back up in a couple minutes, we haven't just been totally out since sometime yesterday like some neighbourhoods. You'd think we don't get snow with how much trouble it's causing, but we get worse than this in winter, it's just something to do with the stage the trees are in and being unable to support the snow because they're still in a summer phase. Though some of the jokes I've seen floating around the internet have been pretty good, so I guess that's something good to come out of it. And I've been more productive around the house and with my writing and stuff since I'm not dumb enough to go outside in this. I updated the Barrett Legacy. My friend made a sims/blog fanpage on facebook for me (lol, 'cause I have fans... they all circulate air through my home in the summer) so I've played around with that. I added/changed a couple things on weebly and tumblr. And I still found time to actually play my game :D. I just made a couple new sims and have played with them. I plan to update on Nicolle and Alyson later in the week, it's been too long. And I still have a lot to post on Lexie and Levi, I'm LOVING playing them this way, just playing them not doing a story I'm actually enjoying what I'm doing again :heart:

@Baker93- I've missed your posts, but I understand school and work take lots of time. It'll be nice whenever you can pop in, but I hope school and work go well.

@Aihaou- Sorry your TS3 stopped working. How so though?

@Catrilla- Congrats to Benjamin on the new bride and house. :D Roofing is a pain, they don't make it easy. >.<

@TadOlson- Nice updates. I was thinking it was looking a bit cold for Rudy to sleep in the tent, glad she has somewhere warmer she can stay.

@IreneSwift- Oh that is a cool sculpture. Looks like a fun way to earn some extra money (I actually suddenly really miss ambitions and sculpting). Good to see she's making friends in Riverview, sounds like it'll be easy for her to make more too. Nice to see her getting closer to being able to go to university too, that be an awesome moment when she finally reaches it.

Nice, selling the headless penguin (not gonna lie, I'd probably buy it). D'aww the panda is so cute. Looks like her sculpting is really starting to go well... too bad the opportunities keep glitching, but at least you're able to make up for it.

Jeez Kristy sure is drawing attention from the men, wow. Seems like she won't have an issue when she's ready to find somebody to settle down with. Aww, it's taking her a lot to get into university, hopefully she gets there soon.

Yeah, snow already. I don't even know what we're supposed to expect for winter, I can't be bothered to pay attention to the articles about it. I don't want to know. We had an early start and late finish last year, basically we had 8-9 months of winter weather and it was harsh. If we're in for that again I just don't want to know, this snowfall makes me worry about that though. But it does warm up starting tomorrow (supposedly) so there's hope.

Well, he did throw her through a wall, accident or not it looked like it hurt a lot it was probably the pain talking.

No it's not usually that bad with the teachers. I haven't sent my sims a lot but I a few times and that was the first time I've seen a teacher be late. The sims sleeping in class though happens a lot, you have to watch your sim and keep their attention on note taking or asking questions.

It would seem she has an attitude problem. She's not usually that way, but idk what the heck she expected on that report card.

@Colorist40- Sorry you've been having anxiety issues, it can be really brutal.

D'aww Rembrandt is adorable. Misty is too. LOL, yes, how dare those simlings throw things like that out, dumpsters are clearly for nice things and not at all gross.... ah I love Kendra, she's an interesting character.

@bishty- Haha, very supportive indeed. LOL. Though if he was really bad, idk if he was, I can't blame you for not being supportive. Lol at your sister stealing the spotlight. It's kind of funny to watch your sims play sims, lol. Nice, getting promotions is fun.

@ddsims3world- Happy birthday to Emily. Ehhh.... I'd change her looks too.

Sweet car Emily is learning to drive on, lucky girl!

@venusdemilosims- Jeez, I'd be mad if I had to go home from work to deal with a disobedient child. Seems like a nice family though. Nice family portrait!

That house is amazing, your friend did a great job.

Ah so sierra gets her wild side from her mother, payback I guess.

@Zabeth0- LOL, hey I'd pull the lever of cookies... who wouldn't pull a lever that would presumably give them cookies? Interesting to think about though, I could see them trying that experiment. It does seem likely that somebody would be more willing to pull something like the lever of doom.

@Celiria- Ah that sucks, sorry you lost your save.

I like Clara. She does look evil enough to take over the world.

@msbeckycat- Aww cute pictures with Brenda. :D

Apparently I'm unable to properly scroll through the pages tonight so I know I've missed a bunch. Hopefully I got something from everybody though, I think I did. I'm too cold and miserable (I've developed a toothache in the time I've been typing) to deal with trying to figure it all out though, so whatever I got is good enough. Now I have a nice warm blanket fresh out of the dryer waiting for me, and some painkillers somewhere, so I can hide under warm blankets and try to get rid of this pain. I'll probably be back on later tonight though, I want to post more on Levi and Lexie. :)
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    IreneSwift-Great update!It's great to buy a laptop for your sim because it helps a lot.I've got Rudy trying to get ready for summer and she'll be getting homeschooled so she could take a part-time job.She's allowed to age and she's got about 169 days left before aging up.I'll have to move a boy near her age in for her.I've got the seasons set for 15 days each and it's almost summer in the game.She's got bits of the walls up and it will take a few days to get all of them done.
    Catrilla-I've got Seasons and University Life myself and want to complete the collection.Great pictures!Great update!
    ddsims3world-I put the beehives and dumpsters on my community pool lot because I wanted them to be able to earn money there as well as having fun.Great update!Emily's new outfit given by the game was awful with the shoes it gave her though it might've been fine with some flat shoes and knee socks.Great makeover!Emily's nine years old according to Sims aging and Rudy's also nine and live alone.Emily must've been almost nine when your household got her.Great update!
    venusdemilosims-The world I used for Glen Harbor is Rflong7's Glenvale County and my other games are played in Gibsons,Oak Leaf and Winfield which are all projects I worked on in CAW.I play my usual games in custom worlds because I found EA's worlds aren't very good for long term games with them being populated.Great update!Sierra looks like she was a real tomboy and hated being girly.I like seeing the UL protests where they belong.
    Celiria-I've made so many sims that I'll just add them gradually to my legacies and sometimes move families out myself.I hate it when things glitch out.
    bishty-Great update!
    MayaRose1138-I've had things glitch out in building and had it start to look like it could freeze and just got to edit town and managed to save and get back to work.I'll pop out every ten minutes to save a build.
    Zabeth0-It's actually near summer though the nights can get cold and she's trying to get the house built.Thanks for the comment.She's planning to adopt a kitten after she's got a house.Great picture!
    msbeckycat-Cute baby!Great pictures!
    dreamerz13-I wish I was getting colder weather like you're getting and would love to trade with you.Thanks!
    I'll have my update out a little later.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Here's today's update from Glen Harbor.
    Rudy got up early and decided to eat breakfast at Woodlands before heading to her lot on the last day of spring.
    15009189960_ea43985f47.jpg
    She had to clean up the old newspaper when she got to her lot to tend to her garden.
    15009192370_11d956f4b7.jpg
    She had to use the washroom after working on her garden for a while and was going to have to eat something.
    15172833766_e0cee3b779.jpg
    Rudy played a social game on her iPad for a while before getting some leftover salad to eat.
    15172836156_861005177a.jpg
    She left for the elixir shop after eating the salad for dinner to harvest and sell the honey.
    15009302918_e21794d84e.jpg
    She got to work on gathering honey and sold it at the elixir shop.
    15009305468_587099a162.jpg
    She had to use the washroom after arriving on her lot and got another wall section built.
    15009091829_0d548887b3.jpg
    Rudy ended up getting into her tent and going to sleep by8:30 in the evening.
    15009302037_1775614172.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Zabeth0Zabeth0 Posts: 1,337 Member
    edited September 2014
    3038y1d.jpg

Zelda: "Honestly, can't humans do anything? There's this invention, it's called a crystal ball, it sees backwards and forwards and even current events! I know you humans are too helpless to personally use a crystal ball, but that's why there are these witches that sell the service to you! They are practically doing charity work, but it gives them an excuse to be lazy in the whole witch power struggle, so there you go. There's one here in town, and I know you went to see her, why didn't you ask? Oh, right, you didn't believe in magic. That's gotta be weird....okay, we'll put it on the calender, some weekend, soon, we'll go crystal ball your brother's death...it's not going to be fun, but you'll have an answer, but I really don't want a crystal ball headache right now. You also don't want me to have a crystal ball headache today, trust me. You don't."

fnhh52.jpg

Rafael: He was really not used to this whole magic as a real option situation. He did want to know, and he did want to know badly...but he didn't want to cause her pain. She seemed to be curbing her anger by venting frustrations elsewhere. He suspected that the reason she was so angry on his family's behalf is that her family died when she was young...probably when she was a child, and she couldn't conceive of a reason one might have problems with their family that wasn't something she'd seen on tv. He himself had seen many people who had trouble with their families, t.v. reasons and then some... but she was perhaps more isolated than he had been. "I vouldn't dyarre ask you to be in pyain for me. I can pyay the forretyune tyeller latyer and safe you the hyeadache."

v7f71e.jpg

Zelda: "Nope, because now I want to know too, and honestly, I probably need the practice...but I thought humans were mostly happy, most of the time, just going about their business, like cows happily eating grass...until some supernatural wants a steak. Now, I guess I'm going to find out otherwise. All murdering each other in their houses and what not."

Rafael: How could she not know what humans were like? Were there really so many supernaturals that looked like humans but weren't that humans were a minority...? Or was she raised exclusively by witches..?

29ar90x.jpg

Zelda: "Okay, so now that I've opened the can, let's see what's in it. How did everyone else die?"

Rafael: "Konstantin Petrovich Ovechkin kyilled everyvone yelse."

Zelda: "Okay, you know I'm going to go crystal ball it if you don't tell me enough, right? You want to watch it or talk about it?"

fnhh52.jpg

Rafael: "Vhen I vas fiftyeen, my little sistyerr Katya vas syent off to boarrdink school to trrain as a ballyerrina. The firrst dyeath vas Ivan, and ve verre tyold he'd hyad an accidyent vhen playink footbyall vith his frriends. Latyerr, my fathyerr kyilled my mothyerr. Then, a little latyerr, Konstantin Petrovich schot my fathyert, caught the house on firre vith me and my grrandma in it, and syealed the doors. Then he left. My grrandma styill hyad a gyas mask left ovyer from the varr, she'd kyept it in good orrdyer, replaced the filtyers vith bettyer vones, but had just the vone, and she put it on me...and she told me vho to go tell vhat happyened. By the tyime the fyirre departmyent got to us, my grrandma hyad died of the fyumes. I vould have too, but forr zhe mask. Oh? And vhen Konstantin Petrovich left, he'd gone to go kyill my little sistyerr at herr boardink school. Katya vas just a child. That's vhy I vant revyenge. Since he's an agyent, the govyernmment von't punyish this, it's legyal for him to do this as lonk as he can convyince somevone it is in the intyerest of nationyal securyity."

Zelda: "Yeah, because children are totally a danger to Russia. Ballerinas, even."

Rafael: "Oh, you thyink yourr govyernment is any bettyer? Go see vho's locked up vhen you have yourr little talk vith immigrration. You'll see. At lyeast our cityizens aren't callink for the dyeaths of childryen and eldyerly people."

Zelda: "Wow, you really don't want to watch it. I'll deal with immigration tomorrow, today we're doing fun stuff."

2vnjo90.jpg

Rafael: He really didn't know whether he should do this, but he really wanted to know more about her. It didn't seem like there would ever be a better time to ask than right now, as the fact that he'd just told her his story would likely make her feel inclined to share as well. "You arren't goink to tyell me abyout vhat happyened to yourr famyily? My guess is you lost them younk, like vhen you verre a child...haf you byeen raised by vitches syince then?" If he was off, she'd probably correct him...though it would not be pleasant.

ru2lc0.jpg

Zelda: "...that's a pretty good guess for someone who can't use a crystal ball."

Rafael: "Vhat harrm is therre in tyellink me? Am I not undyer yourr spyell? Is it an easyily brreakable spyell?"

Zelda: She sighed. "It is not an easily breakable spell, in fact it's probably one of the hardest to break ones I've ever seen, based on the notes about it. Who wants to read all that? It's crazy. Anyway, yeah, you are, but that doesn't make it a fun topic."

mkuhs5.jpg

Rafael: Uh oh, perhaps it had been too much to ask too earlier for her... On the positive side, he'd learned that it wasn't an easily breakable spell, which was a comfort, since Miss Wynn was probably trying to break it. He'd have to stop her somehow. He didn't want to be rescued. But for now, damage control. There was a time and place for carefully told honesty. She might feel a tiny bit guilty for the spell, and if so, this would probably work. "I'm sorrry, Zyelda, of course I shouldyn't ask, I'm jyust so in lof vith you, and I vant to know everythink abyout you. I don't vant to be guessink. Vhat if you gyet tyirred of me byeforre you tyell me? Then I'll nevyer know." If it didn't work, at least it would probably curb any anger that asking might have caused.

153pc85.jpg

Zelda: "Okay...yeah, sure, okay, why not? It's not like I'm going to talk to anyone else about it. But you're not going to understand, because you're a human. It would take forever to explain it." She sighed again.

Rafael: It worked. She was going to tell him; all he had to do was assure her he would listen, and every once in a while ask a question to keep her from deciding she shouldn't have told him. "I can be pyatient."

Zelda: She took a deep breath and looked at the wall. With her index finger she traced a polka dot on the wallpaper. "...I was...five, and me and my parents were happy. It was just us three. I don't remember much, I remember the trip to France with Nikita with the fake nails and all, I remember going to the beach...somewhere...maybe Florida? ...I remember my dad taking me to a football game on his shoulders and explaining the rules several times. He was an ex-football player himself, but he'd gotten hurt, and couldn't go back because the doctors said he couldn't. Well, he also had a limp. So, we'd go out and throw the ball back and forth when the weather was nice." She looked at him, then looked down, and traced her finger on the lace of the table cloth. "But my parents were humans...both of them. So, obviously they were doomed. Because the witches wanted something they had, and that something was me."
  • CatrillaCatrilla Posts: 1,708 Member
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Benjamin has grown into Middle-Age, rather dashingly even if my graphics don't share it well.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Alyssa Doe. uhm, yeah. Quite possibly one of the homeliest children i've ever had. She is constantly playing with her imaginary friend and i'm fairly certain the maid quit because of it (walked out of the house making the crazy sign and new maid next day).
  • Zabeth0Zabeth0 Posts: 1,337 Member
    @Venusdemilosims: Lol, well, failed looks pretty cool here. :D And lots of things that turned out to be awesome were "failed" experiments just put to good use. :D Nice, not many people can say they've played guitar for death! :D Also love the famous guitar passed down. :D Deaths do tend to shape people. :D Yeah, not many athletes at the peak of their careers leave for any reason voluntarily, but that's a really good reason. Still, I know people probably bark at him about how he could be providing for his family...but look at them, they needed him to be there more than they needed more money. :D Lol@ Savannah surprise parenting lol. :D

Lol@ Savannah getting in curfew trouble first. :D They might be twins in behaviors, but savannah definitely has a different style than Sierra. :D Well, that does sound like a budding adventurer... :D

Sebastian sounds unhappy. As an actor, he could cover that up though. :D Wow, what'd see do, reach out and squeeze his windpipe while he was yelling or did she deck him...? Or did he yell himself unconscious for three days? :D Why'd she rip into Sage when they got there? Did Sage rat her out to her dad or something?

@Celiria: Ouch! That's a great big bug! Bad, big bug. That would Vex me to no end. I surely hope they fix the whole 'your game could randomly disappear' bug. Sorry there will be no more "Ninja Good-Samaritan" action by Donnie...and Joe. At least that story let you start it, though... you don't have the best luck with these things...so it was a good start. Hopefully they go hunting for that bug with a harpoon gun and win. :D Lol Clara is quite lovely. :D I do love her mischievous smile. :D

@IreneSwift: It's funny how fast those snowstorms can go away in game. :D Oh, what a set back those stone sculptures were! :D Oh, those men running around on their wives. I'm glad she switched to metal, perhaps it will help break the stone breaking streak! Looks like third time's the charm! Probably fare more fun learning skating without everyone staring at her, though. :D Getting close to that full scholarship! :D Hmm, that seems like a good plan. :D

@ddsims: That's a nice spa room. :D Lol- yeah, she did age fast! Chore time! :D Well, that's quite a car to learn to drive with...that's going to make everything else seem like junk in comparison! Michelle must really hate cleaning toilets. :D

@Dreamerz Wow, that just isn't fun. Yeah, trees caught unprepared for snow are really vulnerable like soldiers in their jammies or forts under siege with their doors wide open. Poor trees. :D I'm glad you're having fun, I hope you don't have that kind of winter... We just stopped having ninety degrees on Monday, and now it's down to like 75 ish degrees and I'm blinking in the surprisingly nice weather...I shouldn't blink, or I'll miss autumn... but you know, stop and go weather... :D I'm glad we're not having your tree dismembering weather, though. :D

@TadOlson: Oh, spring, I see! Yeah, frost sometimes happens in the spring. :D Honey seems to be a reliable source of income for Rudy. :D Yay, more walls. :D (I'm glad she has more time to get those walls up than I thought! It would have been a mighty claustraphobic winter! :D)

@Catrilla: That looks like he's a skilled artist. :D He does look quite respectable there. :D She's not exactly a beauty queen...but not everyone is. :D Wow, the maid quit because she was scared of the "crazy" kid lol. :D Maybe I should play with imaginary friends more lol. :D
    edited September 2014
    @Catrilla: Benjamin and Patches look like a handsome couple :) Poor Alyssa... such a lonely child that she has to have an IF playmate. I have another family where IFs play a major factor in the storyline... I'll tell you guys about that as soon as I finish up the family history here.
    @TadOlson: I'm using another of RFLong's worlds in another save.
    @msbeckycat: Great house! Wish I could build, lol.
    @Zabeth0: Rafael and Zelda look like an interesting couple... if they're opposites Lol. Zelda looks fierce! Pretty but fierce. :)

Screenshot-612_zps74b315fb.jpg

Oh, and Nathan did that with the Reaper while Grimmy was taking his mother away. They had a difficult relationship. Jamie Jolina was not happy when Nathan dropped out of school to become a musician. Nathan was her only child, and he was the result of a one-night stand with Nigel Plumb.

Screenshot-286_zps05aca57c.jpg

He ended up doing pretty well for himself, eh? Lol Nathan became a famous hit movie composer, and his fortune was built as much by luck as by talent.
    Nathan watching his dad die has shaped him for the rest of his life and you can also make the argument that it's shaped the entire family.
    By the time Savannah was born, they were already living on the same circle with the Altos and Landgraabs.

Screenshot-73-2_zps5f8d5637.jpg

Yeah, you can say Savannah's family didn't need the money. After all, the woman is an heiress, she inherited all of her aunt Maggie's fortune from writing when she died, plus she had her own income from adventuring, ghost hunting, and writing books. And that's not even counting her half of her dad's fortune when he passes. She has property in her native Sunset Valley, Hidden Springs, and Moonlight Falls. Above is pictured their Hidden Springs property, I think I got it from somewhere on the exchange.

Screenshot-1533_zps398d2e4c.jpg

When you have this much money, sometimes you're your own worst enemy.

Credit to Andy for recognizing those kids needed him more than they needed more money. Since he's family oriented, he'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Screenshot-189_zps80e53ca0.jpg

Screenshot-199_zpsb49cb2bd.jpg

Hey, it wasn't like Savannah was going to 'parent.' She was too busy adventuring and writing and doing whatever else she wanted. Lol

Screenshot-290_zps5173930f.jpg

After seeing the dramatic relationship of two of her classmates, Savannah had decided that she wasn't going to get married or have kids in the first place... oops, sometimes a little thing called life interferes with your plan, girlfriend.

Screenshot-39623_zpsda064626.jpg

As for Sebastian, yeah he's had a tough time getting a footing in life. Doesn't help that he has Savannah for an older sister either. Lol Poor guy, no matter what he does, it'll never be 'good' enough.

Screenshot-73_zpsf5e3ad32.jpg

However, he did beat her in one department...he got his first kiss before she did, and bragged to her about it. Lol

Screenshot-245.jpg

This is his ex-girlfriend, Madison Avenue (real name Madison Brooke Westley), a vocal legend from Starlight Shores.

Screenshot-816.jpg

This is Sebastian's daughter by Madison, Kaydence. He and his sister, Savannah, went to court over her.

10450319_681909508523082_3178846565220718940_o_zps641e5827.jpg

If Sierra is a firecracker, and she certainly is...

Screenshot-139_zpsfe1a75a9.jpg

...Savannah was one first. Smile, girl, you've got everything and it's your birthday. Lol

Screenshot-17_zps662445d1.jpg

Her father, Nathan, gave her everything on a silver platter, basically.

Screenshot-18_zps741a59e7.jpg

...and they were pretty much always together, much to the chagrin of Savannah's mother.

Screenshot-243_zps5d8a16c8.jpg

Savannah was one strange kid... you could say she was a strange kid before her daughter Sierra was a strange kid. She hung out in art galleries and slept in cemeteries...

Screenshot-394_zps6eaa7126.jpg

... and liked to talk about the Grim Reaper.

Screenshot-120_zps57b10d5d.jpg

Andrew, her high school classmate (and adopted son of a friend's self-sim), harbored a crush on her, but it wasn't until both became young adults when he finally got up the nerve to tell the feisty Savannah that he loved her.

readers_zps84f2e97f.jpg

And one more clue that Savannah and her 3rd child, Sierra, are cut from the same cloth: They'd both rather read than talk to folks. Lol This was at university, just before the 12 pm 'meet and greet' session, both of them reading their books in companionable silence.

• IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Sunday morning, Kristy succeeded in making a second stone sculpture. She was finished with it so quickly, she decided to make another. She still needed two more to reach the master sculptor skill challenge, after which her sculptures will sell for more. Unfortunately, the next stone block crumbled, this time from a piece of copper ore inside worth a mere $19.

1anotherbrokenstoneblock.jpg

The other sculpture sold that very day, for more than $4,000. This brought her total gross earnings from sculpting to over $25,000. She was asked to pay a visit to City Hall to pick up a medal they wanted to present to her for her contributions to the community. In his presentation speech, the mayor told Kristy that her work brought fame not only to herself, but to Riverview as well. Kristy decided to celebrate by having dinner at the bistro.

2celebratingatthebistro.jpg

On Tuesday, Kristy finally finished her fifth stone sculpture. With five or more sculptures in each medium, she is now a Master Sculptor. People will pay more for her work. Hopefully, this will mean she can reach the top of her self-employment career sooner, and move on to the next career, and the next town. It probably won't happen real soon, though. She still has $15,798 to earn before she reaches level 9. After that, she will probably need to earn another $45,000 or more.

5fifthstonesculpture.jpg

Now, Kristy will focus entirely on ice sculptures for awhile. Once she has made 25 of them, they will no longer melt. And in the process of achieving that skill challenge, she will also have made more than 35 sculptures, which will meet another skill challenge, resulting in all future sculpting materials being free. Then the only sculpting goal left will be to reach level 10 in her self-employment career.

On Monday, Kristy had wanted to go shopping. So, she went to the bookstore and bought all of the recipe books from level 1 to level 4, plus a science book and a gardening book. Maybe she can get her science and medicine score high enough for a full scholarship by reading those books. If necessary, she could also take a class in athletics to bring up the physical education score a little, without having to spend time at the gym, and committing to spending hours and hours of her life working out. She will probably start eventually, since she is going to be living in the WA worlds and adventuring at some time in the future, but for now she just doesn't have time.

After dropping off that last sculpture at the consignment shop, Kristy went to the library to start reading her science book.

6studyingscienceatthelibrary.jpg

By the time she had finished the book, she had received several specimens to research. She had no room in her house for a science station, which is kind of expensive anyway, so she saved most of them to analyze at university, which she hoped to attend very soon. But she had a piece of iron ore and a gem ore, which she could analyze and sample for later research.

7analyzingamineral.jpg

The following morning, before breakfast, Kristy studied the gardening book she'd bought. She received some seeds to start a garden of her own with, and packed them away, along with the research specimens. (I used buydebug to get her a French storage chest, so she doesn't have to carry things like that in her personal inventory for long periods of time, until she can make proper use of them.)

8studyinggardening.jpg

On Wednesday, Kristy started working toward her goal of making 25 ice sculptures. The ice shattered as she neared the completion of her work. This was so frustrating, she blogged that maybe it was time for a new career. Then, she took the rest of the day off to go take pictures around town. She had been invited to enter a photography contest, but she needed a more valuable photo than any she had taken so far. I wish I knew how much the value has to be. She got one worth $110, but it still wasn't enough. I finally decided to cancel the opportunity, so she would be able to receive other skill opportunities again. It had been in her queue for two sim weeks already!

The next day, Friday, Kristy tried again, this time successfully, to make another ice sculpture.

9icesculptures.jpg

After dropping it off at the consignment store, she chatted with her friend, Lorraine Cantina, who was also visiting the shop.

10chattingwithlorraine.jpg

Now, I mentioned in a previous update that Kristy had started receiving gifts and love letters from men, who were all already partnered. In the succeeding weeks, the volume of romantically-motivated mail increased. There were certain men who just would not stop. Among these persistent would-be suitors, however, there was one single young man, with no romantic attachments at all. He was not a stranger either. In fact, he was one of Kristy's best friends. Marriage is not on the books for Kristy for a long time to come, but this particular young man had commitment issues, and wasn't likely looking for marriage anyway. So, I decided that maybe Kristy should start spending some time with him. And so it was that Kristy Young began dating Riverview's confirmed bachelor, Hal Breckinridge. I'm not quite sure what it is that makes them attractive to each other. The only thing they have in common is their favorite color, red.

Kristy answered Hal's most recent mail request to call him by doing just that. They met at the Red Rendezvous, and instead of going inside to play games or dance, Hal asked Kristy to have a water balloon fight with him.

11waterballoonfightwithhal.jpg

By the end of the evening, they were watching the stars together.

12watchingthestarswithhal.jpg

When Kristy returned home, she took the University aptitude test again. Now she had 400 points and 18 credits each in business, technology, fine arts, and communications, 262 points and 6 credits in science and medicine, and 100 points in physical education for a total of 1962 points, resulting in an offer of a full scholarship.

Saturday morning, Kristy asked Hal on date to the Summer Festival.

13datewithhalatsummerfestival.jpg

After greetings and a short chat, they started with a water balloon fight.

14waterballoonfightatfestival.jpg

Next, they had a seasonal photo taken together. Kristy would soon be going to university, and would like to have a picture to take along with her.

15seasonalphotowithhal.jpg

As Kristy came out of the photo booth, there was a thumbnail in her queue of this teen, Marianne Newbie, who was on her way to slap Kristy! I couldn't find any reason why she would want to do that. The two of them had never met, and Hal had not been romantically involved with her. But she was evil and mean-spirited, so I thought it must be just a random action on her part, like when Mary Kay Shallow yelled at Kristy. Maybe she was jealous of Kristy's celebrity.

19newbieteen.jpg

I didn't wait for her to get there, but had Kristy start interacting with Hal, which automatically canceled the confrontation from her queue. First, she blew Hal a kiss.

16blowingakiss.jpg

Then she winked at him.

17kristywinkedathal.jpg

Finally, she took a romantic selfie with him, another, even better picture she would have to remind her of Hal while away at university.

18romanticselfie.jpg

Then the two of them went inside and skated.

20skatingwithhal.jpg

It seems that even on a date people won't leave Kristy alone. These two men lined up, with others on the way, to hit on Kristy and speak with her.

21interrupteddate.jpg

She didn't give the next person a chance to get to her. Hal had gone outside to participate in an eating contest, and she went outside to cheer him on.

22eatingcontest.jpg

Once again, Kristy was accosted by one sim after another wishing to speak with her, even before the eating contest was over.

22agroupconversation.jpg

Hal had gone to the restroom, so she broke away from the group to go inside and find him. It was starting to get late, so Hal took his leave and headed for home. However, when Kristy got outside herself, she found that Hal had been stopped by that same mean-spirited teen who had been planning to slap Kristy, and he was asking her if she was single! Aha! Now it was clear. This girl wanted Hal! Kristy was not going to take this lying down.

She could have gone over there and broken off her relationship with Hal, but she didn't do that. Instead, she interrupted him as he walked toward the water fun court with that young tart, and blew him a kiss.

23blowinghalakiss.jpg

Next, a heat of the moment kiss....

24heatofthemomentkiss.jpg

which Hal definitely wanted more of.

25returnedkiss.jpg

By now, Hal was putty in Kristy's hands. If anyone had asked him now about young Miss Newbie, he would have said, “who?”

26watchingthestars.jpg

By the time Kristy gave Hal a good-bye kiss, the little snit was nowhere to be seen.

27good-byekiss.jpg

By the end of this fifth week, Kristy's social networking skill is at level 9, and her blog has 1,584 followers. Each time she reaches the goal of a certain number of followers she wished for, she wishes for a higher number. Now, having reached the goal of 1,500 followers, she wants 2,000. This time, I put my foot down and said no. She'll keep blogging, and may get that many eventually, but it's not going to take up space in her promise queue for the length of time it will take to get that many more.

• CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited September 2014
    @Zabeth0 you say mischievous, I say wants to rip someone's face off.... with a screwdriver. >:) tomato tomato (just realized that phrase doesn't work so well online :P )

I do agree on hoping they fix it soon though I've now learned what files in the Sims 4 folder to backup so that should help prevent any major issues.

@ everyone

I am going to try to get a Kaley Green update posted today but I have to get some online class assignments done as well and sadly those take priority. Worst case I will get it posted by tomorrow.
    Post edited by Celiria on
    edited September 2014
    @IreneSwift, great update! Hal and Kristy look like a fun loving couple that get along well. A lot of times the person you end up being with, this is true in RL as well, could be one of your good friends. They've already got what a lot of couples don't have, and that's a solid foundation of a friendship - but that could also be a double-edged sword, in that sometimes what happens in RL is that once two people who were friends start dating, that destroys the friendship. Do you have a no jealousy LTW for Kristy or at least some kind of mod that would make her relationship a 'no strings attached' sort of thing?

Screenshot-31_zpsf9e382da.jpg

That was also the case with Andrew and Savannah, although in the beginning they couldn't stand each other. Of course, we know what happened after that... they got married and had lots of babies, babies that Andrew ended up raising for the most part because Savannah basically did what she pleased. Lol

Screenshot-7082_zps4e05c1df.jpg

Hey, you thought a new hubby and a baby was going to stop THIS woman? She just packed them up with her. Lol

A little more about the older daughter, Sage... I know this is a hodgepodge, but please bear with me. I'm still finding pix. Lol

Sage, I've already mentioned, was always a nature lover and also dearly loves her family.

Screenshot-1493_zps11bd289a.jpg

She loved to collect insects in the garden and in the area around Pinochle Pond, where her father Andrew had property.

Screenshot-2203_zpsa9c17990.jpg

She took ballet classes but had a miserable time because she kept falling and the other girls teased her a lot.

Screenshot-385_zps97bea04c.jpg

As a teenager Sage befriended a girl named Kayleigh, who was a champion horse rider and show jumper, and the two of them liked to ride horses in the woods around Hidden Springs. Later, Kayleigh entered a brief relationship with Sage's older brother, Andrew, Jr.

Screenshot-3104_zpsb6e38ee8.jpg

Her uncle, Sebastian, gave her one of his golden retriever puppies, which she named Bitsy. Bitsy isn't 'bitsy' anymore, and she has remained a constant companion for her.

Screenshot-3392_zpseee7cc20.jpg

Sage and her boyfriend, Kyle, live in this cottage in the woods in Hidden Springs. I believe it used to belong to a Madeline Moore.

Screenshot-3424_zps3d546abc.jpg

Screenshot-3414_zps9ce366d4.jpg

Screenshot-3426_zps056820bd.jpg

They enjoy fishing and gardening and basically living off the land. Kyle joined the Hidden Springs fire department. He already has a fine arts degree and was working on physical education by the time he moved in with Sage. I swear, sometimes I think these two were born in the wrong decade. A couple of bohemians, these two are. :smile:

Screenshot-43_zps742710f9.jpg

Despite Sage and Sierra having basically nothing in common besides their blond hair, blue eyes, and last name, they actually have a close relationship. They meet for pizzas nearly every chance they get. Of course, since Sage is a vegetarian (always has been), she usually gets vegan varieties of her meals.

Screenshot-3412_zps12b750b4.jpg

These two are so unflappable, they aren't even bothered when a burglar has come into their place after they come back from a fishing trip.

Oh, there's one more family member I think you guys should meet.

Skylar_zps570cf5f9.jpg

Screenshot-466_zps1b55e33c.jpg

Screenshot-632_zpsa20c2efc.jpg

This is Skylar, Savannah and Andrew's 4th child. Skylar is a teenager now, and her life's goal is to become a vocal legend.

Screenshot-638_zpsd756a05b.jpg

She's off to a fair start, juggling a high school life with a career as a performer. She did so well on the SUAT test that she's already qualified for a partial scholarship, this after just turning teen. She had a perfect score on the fine arts portion of the test and eighteen fine arts credits have been added. Andrew and Savannah have made clear that Skylar won't perform until the weekends, that her schooling comes first. They want her to be a normal teenager... but there's no such thing as 'normal' in this family, never has been and never will be, probably. Lol

edited September 2014
    And welcome back to the Kaley and Kamryn Lovefest.... *gets called off to the side* What? *whispering* so not the Kaley and Kamryn Lovefest? *whispering* are you sure? *angry whispering* fine fine you don't have to get all irritable, sheesh.

*Ahem* Welcome back to...

life-and-times.jpg

When we last left off, our verdant haired heroine's girlfriend Kamryn was showing just how little she knew of subtlety. And a salad failed to get eaten but that's a bit less important.

waking-up.png

After the previous night of "non-salad eating" (taking bets now how long can I keep a salad joke going :P ) Kaley woke up the next morning hungry. Since Kamryn had spent the night it seemed only appropriate that Kaley make breakfast for two. The salad had gone bad so it got thrown away.

cooking.png

errr.... maybe appropriate isn't the right phrase since I think feeding someone... whatever the hell she's making, would count as some kind of war crime. But she eventually finishes the "eggs" and goes to let Kamryn know breakfast is ready.

good-morning-kiss.png

She finds Kamryn already dressed (possibly planning to make a run for it based on the smell of those "eggs" (taking bets how long can I keep the egg joke going :P ). But Kamryn gets to be the good supportive girlfriend and tough it out.

And why exactly was the Kaley and Kamryn love fest wrong? Just look at those two, even the smell of burnt "eggs" can't stop them *angrier whispering* fine fine fine. I'm just saying.

chatting-over-breakfast.png

So two sat down to eat and it seems the "eggs" (no I will not refer to them properly) weren't that bad. So at least Kaley gets to keep her girlfriend around for at least one more day, though she may want to start considering take out in the future or Kamryn may start looking for a girlfriend that doesn't try to poison her with "eggs" *furious whispering* hey I won't tell me how to do my job and I won't tell you how to do yours, I like this running gag *gets hit in the head by a clipboard* owww, fine fine fine no more "egg" jokes *gets hit again* owwwwww

hug-before-work.png

After "breakfast" *gets hit again* ow ow, I'm sorry okay. After breakfast *glances to side* happy now... good.

After breakfast Kaley quickly bathes and gets dressed to head to her first day of work as tech support. Kamryn sees her off and is told by Kaley that she is free to stay at the house as long as she wants.

reading-again.png

So while Kaley is at work Kamryn.... oh not again. Really game, I realize she's a bookworm but you're really going to make me sit and watch a sim read for hours again. Just really. Fine whatever.

how-to-reel-her-in.png

Fun thing to note, the book she was reading was a romance book called "How to Reel Her In," honestly Kamryn I don't think you have to worry about that, she' already in your boat no more reeling necessary. Then again maybe Kamryn's got some minor brain damage/memory loss due to eating the "eg..." *glances to the side* sorry, after eating breakfast.

sore.pngKaley came home from work that afternoon sore from being stuck sitting in a chair at all day for her job.waiting.png

luckily guess who was there waiting to welcome her home. Seriously the amount of times friends visit is a bit ridiculous. Kamryn left twice throughout the day and came back both times. It's not horrible but it is slightly irritating.

massage.png

You know what nevermind. Kamryn you can come around whenever you want. The fact that she autonomously realized Kaley was sore and offered to give her a massage is fantastic, and I'm sure Kaley was happy about it as well (but seriously Maxis, please fix the visitor tuning).

sore-cooking.png

After the massage Kaley decided to cook.... dinner... oh no here we go again. Seriously Kamryn, now would be a great time to suggest take out. I mean she is feeling sore and all and it would be a nice gesture both to her and your stomach.... but nope Kaley is stubborn and is going to make dinner sore or not... joy.

grumble-about-work.png

So the two settled down to eat their "grilled che...." *angry shouting* A. that was my ear and B. you have no respect for a good running gag.

They sat down to eat their dinner and Kamryn listened as Kaley grumbled about work.

ideas.png

Of course after dinner Kamryn had some ideas with how to cheer Kaley up and deal with her remaining soreness with a little "non-salad eating" (you thought I'd forgotten that joke didn't you :D *gets hit* :( owww )

But by that point Kaley was too exhausted so the two just went to bed.

And that's it for day 3 of

life-and-times.jpg

okay now that that's done I will be back in just a sec

*load noises and the sound of a clipboard being wrestled out of someones hands*

HA HA HA who has the clipboard now.

*sounds of fighting and repeated shouting of "eggs" *

Okay, that settles that. Just to inform you there has been a change in management. Also we need a new clipboard I kind of accidentally, intentionally, violently broke over that guys head.

So I hope you enjoyed the update everyone. And as always happy simming.

Deep movie announcer voice:

We would like to maintain no directors were hurt in this update... much... some eggs however were harmed.

And now I have a question for everyone, I am asking this because it involves a choice regarding my Kaley Green story that will honestly affect you all more than it will affect me. As you may have noticed I once again had a sim sitting and reading for an extended period of time. So there are two things I can do.

1. I can invite Kamryn to join the household.

or

2. I can continue as is until a more appropriate time to invite her to move in.

I was planning to hold off on doing this until further in their relationship and even if I do add her I still may treat it as if they aren't actually living together until a more appropriate point and Kamryn is just frequently spending the night. But if I don't move her in then updates of days when Kaley works may be a bit dull update wise since I can only watch Kamryn for as long as she is on lot and there's only so much I can comment on regarding what she does. So what would you all prefer. Should I add Kamryn to the household and control/update on her during times when Kaley is at work or should I just continue as is until a more appropriate time for them to officially move in together. As said this affects you guys/girls more than me because for me I just hit fast forward until Kaley comes home whereas for you it means some updates may have gaps while Kaley is at work.

• Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    bishty wrote: »
    IreneSwift Yeah I suppose so. I've never really been close to my family before so it's certainly new :P It is good though that I finally feel like at least that brother is starting to respect me as an individual adult as in the past I've often felt rather patronised and undermined by my family. Not sure if that'll last once my mother returns (she's gone to Bulgaria for 3 weeks). Ah well better make the most of it :P
    Yep, and the stove which is a right royal pain because you can't use it while it's broken, same as the toilet now which has led to some frustrating moments. Oh well it's good for their handiness :P

Celiria Thanks :D Yeah I quite like it, I think it's a good game as it stands but I just personally feel there's so much missing, perhaps because I've been spoilt by my TS2 and 3, that I don't think I'll be making a permanent move any time soon. But the children are cute :P

TadOlson Thanks :D

Colorist40 I liked the emotion system at first but now I've gotten used to it it's just kinda meh not that bothered. I remember being so enamoured with TS2 when it first came out - I actually remember dreaming about it I wanted it so much. I think TS4 is kinda growing on me, or I'm getting used to it, but I still maintain my main problem with it is that it's too results-driven. I made my first child sim today and I'm actually excited about that. I used the two sims I made for the "sim you'd like to date" challenge (as I made a male and a female), made them marry and discovered that although separately very attractive, it took me a long time to make two decent children :D Why does that always seem to be the way :P
    Ah I dunno about that but thank you :D I just loved her coy little look, it reminded me so much of myself and that particular male in question :P
    Silly Milly, she should be happy anyway - in TS3 I made her live on a patch of grass, alone and houseless :P In TS4 she has a sister, friends and a cushy home but nope she's still not happy :P lol

Might post a TS4 update later (though I still haven't figured out how to hide the UI)

I like children, but it is hard to get good grades in school. Not only do you have homework to do, you like a job have certain things as well to accomplish. Like to get a B kids need to reach level 4 in two different skills and go to school energized once. Then it goes up from there lol.

I find I can make the most spectacular looking sims and it takes about 20 children before you get one that looks even half decent.

bishty wrote: »
    So, then. Tuesday morning found my sims already packed off to Solar Flare, the lounge in Oasis Springs, where all of my families live. I wanted them to live in (the other town I forgot the name of) but the best houses in my opinion are in Oasis Springs, so here they are. They were primarily here so Aaron could perform his comedy routines, as his aspiration is Joke Star
    QKl5whJ.png
    What a supporting (pretend) fianceé I am :P
    X7dpiit.png
    My sister showed more of an interest than I did :P
    PoIporg.png
    Even when I did come over I didn't look too impressed!
    RON1u3F.png
    This at least was realistic: my appalling dancing to the TS2 theme :D
    2MPxNOZ.png
    I'll say this for TS4: the facial expressions are just perfect :P
    O8a9Pvr.png
    My sister literally tried to steal his spotlight lol!
    1cSTyPU.png
    Back home, Andrea popped over for a visit. I read in another thread (that I'm a poet and I didn't know it :D ) that some people are annoyed by all the visitors but I think it's lovely, especially when you get moments like this
    2jHxpiF.png
    My sim has the nerd brain aspiration, but unfortunately their lot is too small to own a rocket ship and they don't yet have enough money to move, so the next morning I sat and studied the skill from a book in my underwear :P
    oMB6S3y.png
    I'm not sure what Helen was so interested in :P
    Dustin Judd aged up well...
    W0yrvJW.png
    I did some editing in CAS so that he looked normal again :P
    I will say this about the guests though, I don't know why they bother leaving if they just visit again later in the day. I think one visit a day is enough lol :P
    Ah pretend friendship :P
    Gq7LmWo.png
    Oh yeah this looks familiar :D
    Wc9HiRG.png
    Norman (Helen's premade sim boyfriend) got promoted to Development Captain and immediately started working on his programming skill
    9NBxYQ9.png
    Later that day I was promoted to Fan Favourite (thanks guys! haha jk :P ) so I had to go work on my writing skill
    C23leSx.png
    Poor Helen on the other hand was embarrassed at work so came home to work on a mournful lament
    cy1Frjw.png
    In fact everyone except her got promoted that day, with Aaron returning home having been made a Roast Master

This is gonna get stressful :P

That is too cute you have your simself and sister in game. You should be more supportive of your pretend fiancé in game lol.

Aaron's look was priceless while he was doing comedy. He is like, look at me, I am super funny lol. You gotta love me he is saying.

Ha ha ha I can't dance either.

Your sister I hope isn't that overbearing and intrusive in real life lol. That is too funny how she is like ok you had your turn. Time to move out of the way lol, it is my turn ha ha ha.

I don't have visitors in game. Just like real life :smiley: I love it lol.

Hey you are definitely a good candidate for favorite poster in the running on here lol.

msbeckycat wrote: »
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Brenda Dowling is in the house the next chapters will be through her eyes

Can't wait to hear her story. A look at the world through a baby's eyes is a clever idea.
    TadOlson wrote: »
    bishty-Great update!
    Here's my update from Glen Harbor for today.
    Rudy got up early to have breakfast and it strted out cold enough to use outerwear.
    14999337307_7cb447c5e4.jpg
    She ended up tending to the plants she could in her garden and decided to study skills for a while since she had some plants still dormant.
    15185909045_3b4d0afcca.jpg
    A stray dog came around while she was studying her skills on her iPad.
    14999343257_0d8b617cc7.jpg
    Rudy ended up getting 3400$ from the elixir shop and was able to add another section of wall to her house.
    14999238770_7382341756.jpg
    She decided to have a fruit juice from her fridge before heading into town to visit the elixir shop to harvest some honey to sell there.
    15162885096_28fb223f7b.jpg
    Rudy got there and sold her honey though it was already 7PM and she had to get back home to check her lot.
    14999344608_7b1b00cdeb.jpg
    She got her newspaper cleaned up and went to spend the night at Woodlands because it was too cold for the tent.
    14999353967_f7c4d18f7b.jpg

Looks like at this rate she will have her house built. Good for her. Wow 3400 is a lot of simoleans. Just from selling stuff that is awesome.
  • msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    Thanks I am not a builder but trying. I have no idea how to expand my house after this. My 20x20 lot is almost full
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    On her third Sunday in Riverview, Kristy made her first topiary sculpture.

1firsttopiary.jpg

Unfortunately, she slipped as she was making the last cut and beheaded the penguin. She took it to the consignment shop anyway. There are some people who would actually like a headless penguin. At least one such sim stopped into the consignment store that day, because it sold the same day, and for a pretty decent price at that!

2oopsheadlesspenguin.jpg

Nadine Ivanov had commissioned an ice sculpture of herself. Kristy had not met her, and would not be able to get her to come to her house to pose for the sculpture without making friends with her first. Nadine's schedule made it very difficult to pin her down, but Kristy caught her at home on Sunday, quickly befriended her, then grouped up and took her to her own house to pose for her sculpture.

3sculptingnadineinice.jpg

It was a very good likeness, and Nadine was pleased with it.

4icesculptureofnadineivanov.jpg

Unfortunately, the opportunity glitched, and Nadine paid Kristy $0 for it. I used Master Controller to correct the results, and gave Kristy about 50% more than the value of the sculpture, since most opportunities do result in higher prices, and Kristy has the opportunistic LTR, meaning she gets even more. If it had worked as it should have, Kristy probably would have been paid more than I gave her.

Kristy seems to love winter. She wanted to make a snowman. Rather than make her work first, and possibly miss the opportunity, I let her go out and have her fun in the snow first thing in the morning.

5makingasnowman.jpg

Then she went inside and created her second topiary. No accidents this time. I love this panda she made. Once she has become financially well off enough, possibly when she moves to a new town and takes a new job, I will have her make one for herself, along with a clay sculpture of the fish out of water she had made the previous week.

6moresuccessfultopiary.jpg

She stopped to read her newspaper at the consignment store after consigning her sculpture. Teenager Bob Newbie stopped working on his homework to get excited at seeing her. It must be her celebrity status. At least he didn't try to follow her when she left. Sims rarely do that with one-star celebrities.

7bobnewbieisexcitedtoseekristy.jpg

From the consignment shop, Kristy went across the road to the Red Rendezvous to see if she could get something to eat there, and maybe spend some time playing or chatting with other people. The moment she set foot inside, these two men accosted her and hit on her. Both of them already are attached, so this was not a good thing.

8hitonatthehangoug.jpg

Soon after Kristy arrived at the hangout, her consignments were sold, bringing her a promotion to level 7 in her career, and a $1500 bonus. Now she finally had enough money for a vehicle of her own. I opted for a pickup truck, for more easily transporting her sculptures. Not that it really matters in the game, but in real life, it would be ideal for her. She still had money left over for other improvements to her home as well, though she didn't spend it just yet.

9newtruck.jpg

Wednesday, Kristy made her 20th sculpture, which means she can now sculpt faster. She bought an inexpensive laptop, so she could play chess on it and increase her logic skill. This would help with her technology score on the university aptitude test.

10playingchessonnewlaptop.jpg

While building an igloo in her yard afterward, sculptures sold at the consignment store that day brought her total earnings to more than $10,000, fulfilling a wish that gave her 7,500 LTH points.

11buildinganigloo.jpg

Kristy had been wanting to make a metal sculpture, but the option never came up with the sculpting station. So, I finally checked Carl's Guide and learned that she would have to get scrap at the junkyard first. Since the junkyard is close to the consignment store, she had gone there early in the morning, before taking her previous day's sculptures to the consignment shop. It would have been better if she'd gone to the consignment store first, but it was too early for it to be open. So, she went to deliver her sculptures while she was dirty and smelly.

After returning home and cleaning up, she made her first metal sculpture, and finished it in time to take it to the consignment shop that same day.

12firstmetalsculpture.jpg

As soon as she had consigned the sculpture, George Dean entered the store and made a beeline for her. She had met him on the first day she arrived in town, but he hit on her again. He's attached now too. All the guys in Riverview are. But it doesn't matter, Kristy isn't interested in marrying at this point in her life. She has too many other things she wants to do first.

13chattingwithgeorgedean.jpg

Soon after she arrived home, the police department called to order an ice sculpture of a sim. She decided to get that done the same day, and called her friend, Lorraine Cantina, to come and pose for her. She finished it and delivered it the same day, though doing so kept her up late. She didn't want to put it off too long, and tomorrow was Christmas, and the last day of winter, and she was not going to work then.

14sculptureoflorraineforthepolicedepartment.jpg

This opportunity glitched too, just like the one with Nadine, so I had to pay her myself with Master Controller. I wish I'd had some previous experience with sculpting, so I'd have a better idea of how much she should have received. Since I didn't, I paid her at a similar markup to what my painter sims have received for opportunities.

As soon as Kristy had showered, dressed, and had her breakfast on Saturday, she went to the winter festival. I mentioned before that Kristy seems to like playing in the snow. I had to really hustle to keep up with all the wishes she was making at the festival, which was quite a switch from when she'd gone to the summer and fall festivals.

First off, I had to clear some space for those wishes. She had a wish to make friends with someone, so as soon as she walked into the festival building, I sent her to make friends with Heather Crosby, who had walked in just before her. She wanted to use the relationship transmogrifier, so I tried that, but couldn’t get it to actually do anything, so canceled that one.

Next, she wanted to get a greeting card picture. While she was outside, I also had her make a snowman, then hurry back inside to skate.

15buildingsnowmenatwinterfestival.jpg

16iceskatingatwinterfestival.jpg

She skated only long enough to get the points and get her skill up to where she was gliding with ease, then it was back outside to make a snow angel.

17snowangelsatwinterfestival.jpg

Next up, a snowball fight with Heather.

18snowballfightwithheathercrosby.jpg

Time was running out, and the next day would be spring, so I had her cut short the snowball fight and make 5 snowmen. I was expecting her next random snowman to be a hockey player, like with my previous sims, but Kristy doesn't work out at all, so I guess she doesn't get to make that one. Instead, she made a Grim Reaper! And another, then another, and yet another, until I finally selected for her to make a classic snowman, or she would probably have made another Grim Reaper. She isn't morbid or grumpy or anything, so I'm not sure why she was making those. I looked it up on Carl's Guide, and she has none of the traits or circumstances that would give her any of the specialty snowmen, so I guess the game just randomly chose one of them to be her second option. I would have preferred a different one, but I don't get to choose.

By the time Kristy finished the snowmen, it was too late to buy something to eat at the festival, so she went home and ate leftovers. When she washed her dishes, the sink broke. When she fixed it, she achieved the plumber skill challenge for handiness, meaning that from now on, any plumbing fixture she repairs will never break again.

Finally, just before going to bed, Kristy took the University aptitude test again.

19collegeaptitudetestagain.jpg

This time her scores were:

Business....................400 of 400........+18 credits
    Technology................372 of 400........+18 credits
    Fine Arts....................400 of 400........+18 credits
    Communications......264 of 400........+6 credits

Science & Medicine and Physical Eduction were both at the minimum of 100 points.

This still qualified her for only a partial scholarship of $1000. If she can get her communications score up, she will qualify for a full scholarship. The only thing she has qualifying her for any points there is photography and her irresistible trait. She will either have to get her skill up for photography, or learn writing, and probably gain some skill in that too.

By now, Kristy's social networking skill was at level 7, and her blog had 566 followers. She has started to receive gifts and love letters from several men in town, all of whom are either married or going steady with someone, and she has received a cheap loveseat from a manufacturer for being a celebrity. She has kept those items she can make good use of, but does not contact any of the senders in any way. She also now has curtains at every window in her house, and a washing machine, dryer, and hampers for the bedroom and bathroom.

Besides this, she has over $6000 in her cash account. The hard times seem to be over. I wonder if she will be able to afford a nicer house in Riverview before it's time for her to move on to the next town? I like the house she's in though, and seldom play any sims in it, because it's small, and has a very small yard. I will keep her in it until she moves to the next town, unless it starts getting too crowded.

That poor penguin beheaded :) She could write a story about the headless penguin that terrorizes people lol.

That panda topiary sculpture was just "daw" I hope she makes one and does keep it. I always hated having to have sims pose to sculpt them. I just wish they could think of them and do it from memory. I find having to make friends just to get them to pose is a hassle.

Wow Kristy is irresistible it seems. She attracts guys like bees to honey. These men I hope their lovers/wives got their number. Geesh hitting on an attractive sim girl when you have someone in your life is just wrong. Well if she was interested in getting married and you didn't mind breaking up a good relationship or then again if they hitting on her maybe not so good relationship lol, she would have the pick of the town it seems lol.

It never seems to happen to my sim, of course my sim stays at home a lot lol, just like me in real life lol. I always ending up making sims for my sim to hook up with as I don't usually like the looks of the townies. Once in a while I find one that I like, but then you know they have bad traits. I don't generally like to change their traits. I don't know why lol

She certainly isn't like me and most people I know. Even if people I know like snow, you won't catch them out playing in it lol. Even as a kid I would play outside, but looked forward to being in a warm house again lol. I never really understood how sims just love to make snowmen. If I turn my back, there are like a dozen snowmen on the lot lol. Then they want to destroy them lol. I love the grim reaper snowman the best. Next is the alien snowman. I always wondered how white snow could make a neon green snowman lol.

So much to do so little time lol. I would have just cheated and extended the winter season for a little longer lol.

I didn't realize by fulfilling that challenge once you fixed something it would never break again. I must say in sims 4 due to a glitch stuff is breaking a lot. No trouble building up skills in that game ha ha ha.

Wow it is ridiculous that you have to get so many points in the aptitude test to get a full scholarship. I think if you get one or two skills with a lot of points, you should qualify.

Yep take the gifts and run ha ha ha. If they want to send her something out of the blue, with no encouragement from her, is that her fault? Hey they choose to do it, so she should keep the things. Good for her.

Ah now that the hard times are over, so is the challenge. Hope the game doesn't lose its interest. I am enjoying playing Kendra. I start her with 500 simoleans, get her a job, and she has to earn everything and like TadOlson build her house from bottom up. I have her garden in the community garden, and that is it. I find it a challenge and it is fun. When the game I am playing with her starts being successful lol, I get bored, and start over lol.

Yep don't have her keep too many sculptures until she moves as she might have to find a bigger house before she is ready to move to the next town lol.

Great update.

Catrilla wrote: »
    i liked the truck cause i'm odd that way and it amused me (after the initial alert phase wore off). i think maybe it's the wild animals all over town that i didn't care for.

played a bit with the playpen...it's okay. i got a lot of store stuff from that Make-Me-An-Offer special sale and haven't played with it all.

i have an imaginary friend for Charles (Benjamin and Lsomething)'s 6th Generation spawn (he got his mom's eyes and cheekbones with dad's nose). wish i could post smaller pics.

screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

trying to juggle a large garden with painting, parenting, and double careers. Charles is destined to marry his imaginary friend. i may make Charles into a sculptor.

@IreneSwift quit making me want to get Seasons and University o:)

Wow that is a lot on his plate. Good luck with that. Congrats on scoring some deals lol

Now now it isn't Irene's fault that she is tempting you. You can't be tempted unless you want to be lol. "wink"
    edited September 2014
    @Celiria, Kaley and Kamryn seem very much in love. Do they have any common traits, common interests, things that would make their coupling plausible? Obviously at some level Kamryn is intrigued by the 'verdant heroine.'

I've been taking turns sending Savannah's kids to college and playing them as individuals, except when I sent AJ and Sage together when Uni first came out. This way I can really get a sense of their personalities.

As I've said here, the 3rd child, Sierra, is a firecracker - just like her mom, perhaps in some ways even more so.

Screenshot-192.jpg

She survives the same lightning strike that killed her dorm mate...

Screenshot-222.jpg

...was hit on by her brother's girlfriend (!) Samantha Grey (of the Tri-Fruhm sorority)...

Screenshot-442.jpg

...then, when she tried to tell her brother, he didn't believe her.

Screenshot-228.jpg

She flew off the handle because one of her dorm mates was using the TV and she wanted to work out.

Screenshot-293_zps1b841c6c.jpg

As I've said before, Sierra isn't exactly a social butterfly. She definitely prefers her own company most of the time, and making friends is difficult for her. However, she's getting close to her workout partner, Aaron Matthews (who, btw, also roomed with her brother, so he's taking on that sort of big-brother role)...

Screenshot-655_zps71e7dbd7.jpg

Then, she was invited to a party hosted by one of the most popular girls in school, Ashley Corono...

Screenshot-654_zpsadaf4ef0.jpg

...but her response to Ashley herself was dismissive, to say the very least.

Screenshot-658_zps719d7b2b.jpg

Screenshot-659_zps3004202c.jpg

At any rate, Sierra chose to spend her time with Sarah Parker. They're the school's two biggest misfits... so their partnership is surprising to say the very least. Or is Sierra interested in Sarah's rack? Lol

Wow got a lot going on, tough to keep up! Lol

@Celiria: Thanks for the info. Kaley and Kamryn look like an interesting couple and they look happy together. That's always good to see. :)

@Zabeth0: Nicolae is going to have lots of fun in Dragon Valley, Lol.

@TadOlson: Glen Harbor looks like it's coming along well. Is this a custom neighborhood?

@IreneSwift: Yes, Savannah did leave the household to teach at University. In fact, she spent more time gone than at the homestead with the kids, more concerned with her career than with child-rearing.

Screenshot-1028.jpg

Screenshot-1073.jpg

Screenshot-1113.jpg

The oldest daughter, Sage, had diaper duty for the younger siblings often. Being the family-oriented Sim she is, she enjoyed these tasks.

Screenshot-1091.jpg

It was normal for them for their dad to have fixed them dinner, etc.

Screenshot-1085.jpg

When mom did come in from ghost hunting, often in the wee hours of the morning, it was usually to deal with the wayward Sierra, who had either likely broken curfew or done something else she had no business.

Screenshot-949-1.jpg

Sage did have one joy in her youth, and that was riding her horse, Eager Traveler.

Screenshot-1079.jpg

The three sisters (the brunette is the youngest girl, Skylar, who wants to be a vocal legend). Notice Sierra's green hair.

Screenshot-2557_zpsa73709d1.jpg

Savannah's father, Nathan, son of Jamie Jolina of Sunset Valley

Screenshot-603_zps011d1693.jpg

An old(ish) family portrait. The two at the bottom were adopted by Savannah before she got married. They are now adults who have moved out of the family home.
    @IreneSwift, Not really in a sense since I did it in a twist. Emily was brought in w/ another random sim & decided to only bring her in and the other go away. I'm sure she did at the time, but days go by and it all change. Then it wouldn't be the same in a sense which is why Michelle is willing to let this one pass & for sure Emily needs a mother that she can trust. :) Yep Michelle didn't learn her lesson the last time, but at least she didn't fell down like usual. Nope I didn't use any mod that would involve the karaoke! That's weird since I was able to select Emily to do karaoke and she could sing it. Yep that's Emily as a teen & you could say that she was upset to see it when she not a child anymore. Very nice updates & pretty cool statues carving. I have never had any of my sims who do sculpting ever behead a statue, then again I never had any meteors ever either.

@Celiria, Thanks for both comments! You did have very nice updates btw eventhough I didn't post my replies.

@TadOlson, Your welcome & thanks for the comment! She does seem to be since Money tree is quite a profit sometimes, & tend to leave a seed to have another chance of life. Very nice update! That's quite a bit of dumpsters & beekeeping boxes.

@Colorist40, Emily seem to be but things would be different as you found out. I guess you can say that she just came out of nowhere by not being w/ a random sim & wanted to be straight up daughter to Michelle in a twist to adoption thing. Yep she is indeed! LOL I don't think Grimmy would not let Bob be forgiven since he has some issues building up already to unleash. Boy does that deer wanted to forget Kendra and wanted to be alone in peace. Pretty cute looking kitties! Great update!

--

I do have plenty of Michelle & Emily updates spanning to the 13th!

Here's today (9/9) Michelle & Emily update:

15008454120_7c8e4239e6_z.jpg

Time for Michelle to head to the grocery store to buy something.

15192086201_8c22570b67_z.jpg

W/ her smile on her face knowing something is going to happen. Good or bad!

15008340789_c9cfbdc673_z.jpg

Well she drop off the birthday cake on the counter! So who is going to have a happy birthday?

15194753522_22177ff4b5_z.jpg

Michelle decided to read a book all about bending time & human body. Kinda suspicious about the book title.

15008550887_051d836a25_z.jpg

Emily came home from school & thought about Michelle! Well Michelle was done w/ the book & prepare for the birthday.

15195118475_204d9438dd_z.jpg

It was Emily birthday and she didn't spend another day as a child which is a record.

15008552398_dc65512e95_z.jpg

15194751792_307c8395c3_z.jpg

Well she did blow out the candles off the cake.

15008549427_2ed2b6556b_z.jpg

You can tell that Emily is getting excited for the change & same goes for Michelle.

15192081951_1d73d9d145_z.jpg

Here we go!

15195116735_ec63954883_z.jpg

WHHHHHHAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTT! You have got to be kidding me!

15008336469_bf93a83411_z.jpg

There is no d*amn way I am going to keep her looks! Time for a change for sure!

15192080561_c01212f5b0_z.jpg

Now that's 10x better!

15195114365_1f7f28b5a8_z.jpg

Emily would mention about the birthday congratulations!

15172085686_49c3cf5abd_z.jpg

15008336199_3604122e6a_z.jpg

Michelle does felt proud about it w/ a thumb up!

15008545047_424edf44e7_z.jpg

Oh no you don't llama mascot you go back in your car & go away. Emily is NOT going to University!

15008544527_bffef61f5c_z.jpg

As always Michelle wanted to do a trivial challenge to Emily.

15192077761_d795db43fe_z.jpg

But then got defeated for sure by Emily!

15008332819_e13c13649a_z.jpg

After the birthday growing up & short time being as a child is for Emily to take a mud bath.

--

Preview of Michelle & Emily next update:

2s62dz8.jpg
    @IreneSwift, Not really in a sense since I did it in a twist. Emily was brought in w/ another random sim & decided to only bring her in and the other go away. I'm sure she did at the time, but days go by and it all change. Then it wouldn't be the same in a sense which is why Michelle is willing to let this one pass & for sure Emily needs a mother that she can trust. :) Yep Michelle didn't learn her lesson the last time, but at least she didn't fell down like usual. Nope I didn't use any mod that would involve the karaoke! That's weird since I was able to select Emily to do karaoke and she could sing it. Yep that's Emily as a teen & you could say that she was upset to see it when she not a child anymore. Very nice updates & pretty cool statues carving. I have never had any of my sims who do sculpting ever behead a statue, then again I never had any meteors ever either.

@Celiria, Thanks for both comments! You did have very nice updates btw eventhough I didn't post my replies.

@TadOlson, Your welcome & thanks for the comment! She does seem to be since Money tree is quite a profit sometimes, & tend to leave a seed to have another chance of life. Very nice update! That's quite a bit of dumpsters & beekeeping boxes.

@Colorist40, Emily seem to be but things would be different as you found out. I guess you can say that she just came out of nowhere by not being w/ a random sim & wanted to be straight up daughter to Michelle in a twist to adoption thing. Yep she is indeed! LOL I don't think Grimmy would not let Bob be forgiven since he has some issues building up already to unleash. Boy does that deer wanted to forget Kendra and wanted to be alone in peace. Pretty cute looking kitties! Great update!

--

I do have plenty of Michelle & Emily updates spanning to the 13th!

Here's today (9/9) Michelle & Emily update:

15008454120_7c8e4239e6_z.jpg

Time for Michelle to head to the grocery store to buy something.

15192086201_8c22570b67_z.jpg

W/ her smile on her face knowing something is going to happen. Good or bad!

15008340789_c9cfbdc673_z.jpg

Well she drop off the birthday cake on the counter! So who is going to have a happy birthday?

15194753522_22177ff4b5_z.jpg

Michelle decided to read a book all about bending time & human body. Kinda suspicious about the book title.

15008550887_051d836a25_z.jpg

Emily came home from school & thought about Michelle! Well Michelle was done w/ the book & prepare for the birthday.

15195118475_204d9438dd_z.jpg

It was Emily birthday and she didn't spend another day as a child which is a record.

15008552398_dc65512e95_z.jpg

15194751792_307c8395c3_z.jpg

Well she did blow out the candles off the cake.

15008549427_2ed2b6556b_z.jpg

You can tell that Emily is getting excited for the change & same goes for Michelle.

15192081951_1d73d9d145_z.jpg

Here we go!

15195116735_ec63954883_z.jpg

WHHHHHHAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTT! You have got to be kidding me!

15008336469_bf93a83411_z.jpg

There is no d*amn way I am going to keep her looks! Time for a change for sure!

15192080561_c01212f5b0_z.jpg

Now that's 10x better!

15195114365_1f7f28b5a8_z.jpg

Emily would mention about the birthday congratulations!

15172085686_49c3cf5abd_z.jpg

15008336199_3604122e6a_z.jpg

Michelle does felt proud about it w/ a thumb up!

15008545047_424edf44e7_z.jpg

Oh no you don't llama mascot you go back in your car & go away. Emily is NOT going to University!

15008544527_bffef61f5c_z.jpg

As always Michelle wanted to do a trivial challenge to Emily.

15192077761_d795db43fe_z.jpg

But then got defeated for sure by Emily!

15008332819_e13c13649a_z.jpg

After the birthday growing up & short time being as a child is for Emily to take a mud bath.

--

Preview of Michelle & Emily next update:

2s62dz8.jpg

Hooray it is Emily's birthday and Michelle is going to help her celebrate.

I had to seriously laugh at that hairdo and clothes. Well you could have made her be a nerd who struggled in life because of her looks and style choices lol. I am glad you changed her looks though. You are right 100 percent better.

That water needs a water filter lol. It does look like a mud bath lol.

Can't wait for the next update.

Wow got a lot going on, tough to keep up! Lol

@Celiria: Thanks for the info. Kaley and Kamryn look like an interesting couple and they look happy together. That's always good to see. :)

@Zabeth0: Nicolae is going to have lots of fun in Dragon Valley, Lol.

@TadOlson: Glen Harbor looks like it's coming along well. Is this a custom neighborhood?

@IreneSwift: Yes, Savannah did leave the household to teach at University. In fact, she spent more time gone than at the homestead with the kids, more concerned with her career than with child-rearing.

Screenshot-1028.jpg

Screenshot-1073.jpg

Screenshot-1113.jpg

The oldest daughter, Sage, had diaper duty for the younger siblings often. Being the family-oriented Sim she is, she enjoyed these tasks.

Screenshot-1091.jpg

It was normal for them for their dad to have fixed them dinner, etc.

Screenshot-1085.jpg

When mom did come in from ghost hunting, often in the wee hours of the morning, it was usually to deal with the wayward Sierra, who had either likely broken curfew or done something else she had no business.

Screenshot-949-1.jpg

Sage did have one joy in her youth, and that was riding her horse, Eager Traveler.

Screenshot-1079.jpg

The three sisters (the brunette is the youngest girl, Skylar, who wants to be a vocal legend). Notice Sierra's green hair.

Screenshot-2557_zpsa73709d1.jpg

Savannah's father, Nathan, son of Jamie Jolina of Sunset Valley

Screenshot-603_zps011d1693.jpg

An old(ish) family portrait. The two at the bottom were adopted by Savannah before she got married. They are now adults who have moved out of the family home.

Poor Sierra it must have been tough growing up being good, trying to do the right thing, but her parents attention had to go to Sierra I imagine with her bad behavior. Sierra was trying to get attention in the negative way which worked better than Sage doing the right thing. What is up with that green hair Sierra? lol

Great update.

I hope that Sierra never gets married lol.
    Celiria wrote: »
    Random question, what do you do when you have more sims than you have time. I mentioned earlier that every time I fiddle with CAS I end up with more sims I want to play but not enough time for all of them. Does anyone else ever have this issue and if so how do you deal with it?

I don't know as I have the same problem. I just put them in the bin or library and hope down the line I will use them lol.
    @venusdemilosims they both have the art lover trait which helps though it doesn't hurt that between their first meeting and first date they also have very high friendship and romance levels. I'm honestly surprised it has gone as well as it has considering a randomly set up Kaley and then by complete coincidence her first day she runs into a beautiful girl who also likes art and has solid traits (good and bookworm if I remember right). Which was then followed by that same girl showing up the next day feeling flirty and wanting a relationship. I have never had a sim relationship progress this easily.

@Colorist40 Oh, dear. I hope you are getting that anxiety under control. That is no fun at all!

I follow my sims's wishes in all my games, just as much as I am able to, without violating my personal standards of conduct, or working against their actual goals. Even if there's no room to promise them, I'll try to do them anyway. My sims tend to be elated most of the time. Lots of them get the pickup line “are you always this happy? I'd love to spend some time with you and get to know you better.”

Kristy is my first self-employed sculptor, and the first I've ever had build up sculpting skill from no skill. The only other sculptor I've ever had was a second generation one, who had all the skill books read to her, and attended the after school art club as a teen. So she already had a decent skill level before she started sculpting. She also didn't need to make it pay well from the start, as she had her family's money to live on while she worked at making it profitable. Her mother was Justice, the same Justice you've been seeing lately, married to Justin Kayes in Twinbrook. In that game Justice was a professional athlete, and Justin was an inventor.

I actually couldn't remember the exact amount they had paid her for the sculptures. It might have been $289. I know it was close to that, so I figured what I chose was good enough. But I did remember exactly how much they were worth, because I added them up before she went to deliver them, so I'd know how good of a deal she was getting. They did call her again a couple of weeks later, with the same opportunity, but she refused. She doesn't want improved relationships with criminals either.

Have you played self-employed sims before? They move up fast in the lower levels, because it's all based on how much money they've earned selling their products. For most levels, it doubles the total increase in income they needed for the previous level. So, to get to level 2, they have to earn $50. For level 3, it's $100 more. Level 4 requires an additional $150, level 5, $700 more, level 6, $1500 more, level 7, $2500 more, level 8, $5,000 more, level 9 $15,000 more, and level 10 requires $20,000 more, for a total of $45,000 to get to the top, at least according to Carl's Guide. Gardening and fishing are much worse.

I expect her to be ready for university before the end of her fourth week. I don't know whether I will send her in the middle of the week if she qualifies, or wait until the end of the week.

I've played several sims in Bridgeport. Justice was originally made for Bridgeport. So was Misty. And of course, Lauren Casey and her band members were. But the only Late Night career I've ever played was a band, with Lauren, and that didn't last long, because she was married with small children when she finally got her band together, and because it wasn't working very well. And I got so tired of Bridgeport, I didn't want to play in it any more. But, I am going to do it for Kristy's game, because that's what it's all about. And I've always wanted to try the film career too, but it doesn't really fit in any of the other towns.

Yes, that clay sculpture is a fish. It's called “out of water.” Some day, when she is in good financial shape and doesn't need to sell all of her sculptures, maybe when she moves to a new town and a new career, I'm going to have her make a copy of that sculpture to keep, and also the topiary panda.

The stone sculpture is called “guardian griffon.” It's a gargoyle, like the French tomb statues my sims were collecting.

She chose Ari to befriend in the group conversation because she and Ari both arrived at the festival lot at the same time, and there was nobody else there. So, she spent some time chatting with Ari, until Ari needed to go get something to eat, and already had a good start on befriending her. It would have taken a lot longer to befriend any of the others, because most of them had met her before she gained the celebrity skill challenge relationship starting bonus. So the starting relationship she already had with each of them was so small as to hardly count. When she introduced herself to Ari, the relationship value between them was instantly almost to the friend level.

My sims don't get into fights, regardless of provocation. If Mary Kay had attacked her, she would have fought back. But it's better to not allow a nasty person to drag you down to their level. So long as it's only words they will usually walk away, or in this case, she would have shooed her away if she could have. Maybe if she had walked away, the rest of the group would have followed her. Maybe I should have tried that. But I didn't want her to be rude to the rest of them, just because of the behavior of one of them.

Kristy is friendly and irresistible. I don't know if those traits help any with her blog's popularity, but I don't think so. It seems to depend more on her social networking skill level. I've been having her post new blog posts at least twice a day, sometimes more. And sometimes a lot more. She keeps wishing for increased numbers of followers and I try to get them for her without leaving the wish in her queue too long. Her latest is a wish for 750 followers. I'm not sure I'm willing to work hard enough at it for her to get that many, but I've promised it for the time being. She actually gains more with each blog post, the more she has to start with. So it might not be too hard for her to get there. One recent blog post gained 55 new followers for her. But, she also has to keep at it, or she loses some too. The only real reason I had her create a blog was to gain the points for the university aptitude test for the business section. At some point in her life, I'll probably have her quit blogging. For now, even though she has enough skill and doesn't really need any more, she is getting lots of LTH points for it.

The photography skill isn't really very hard. The pictures don't have to be any good. The hard part is getting all the kinds of pictures in the sets. I'm not sure any of my sims are ever going to complete any collection. There are things I just plain don't have that are required in almost every collection. Other things I will never do, even if it is in my game, like aliens in the Seasons collection, vampires in the Nightlife collection, and imaginary friends in the Generations collection. None of those exist in my games. When I play Bridgeport, I change them all to humans before I start playing. And all imaginary friends get deleted with Master Controller as soon as they come in the mail.

I'm not sure I actually want Kristy to study fine arts. She already has mastered the sculpting skill, and a degree won't help her at all in her self-employment. I'm thinking it might be better for her to prepare for one of her future careers, to give her a nice starting boost.

I'm glad Kendra figured out about pets, instead of eating that poor kitty. She seems to like them, now that she's gotten used to the idea.

LOL at her ignorance about money. She's going to have to figure that one out sooner or later, and may get embarrassed in the process. Hopefully, the neighbors won't figure out the real reason for her ignorance.

Well, I guess she figured out where to get things she needs. I hope she gets the money thing figured out soon, though, so she can quit dumpster diving.

If they ever find out about Horace, it isn't going to matter whether she's an alien or not, she is going to be in very deep hot water! She should understand that his real parents feel the same about him as she does, that no matter how many others they have, they would never voluntarily give up one of them, unless they really were neglectful, uncaring parents, rather than just leaving him in a place at the library where they though he would be safe while they read or used the computers, or whatever they were doing there.

Well that is nice a happy sim is a good sim to play. Like I say in game my sims don't usually socialize outside the house. I make a guy plop him in and that is her socialization lol.

I have played self employed sims like one sim was a ghost hunter, once I did the self employed fisherman, and even once the gardener. Other than that, I usually use the rabbit hole careers. Oh one time I had a sim be in the architecture career, but I got bored with that. Wow 45,000 in some self employed careers that wouldn't be easy lol. Heck 20,000 would be extremely hard lol. I know about the fishing thing as I had a self employed fisher and it was hard

Oh wow she is the daughter of Justice? neat.

Ahh ok now that makes sense. I was just wondering if there was something special about Ari that made her choose her. Well since they had a start on the relationship I think that made sense.

Well you my dear are a better person than me, because if my sim is provoked I will try to have them be nice, but if they get angry enough I will let them have a slap fest ha ha ha. To bad there isn't an option to explain and that way she could have mentioned why she was leaving and that way she wouldn't be rude.

That might explain why she has men hitting on her after all we know the definition of irresistible lol.

If you only wanted her to do the blog thing for university points, I would say if it doesn't interest you, don't work too hard at it. Looks like she has the points she needs now in most areas.

Awwww what do you have against aliens and imaginary friends. That is discrimination bwwwwaaaaahhhhhhaaaahhhhaaa lol. I don't find imaginary friends creepy like a lot do. I love to see how they look when I make them real. They are some of the most attractive sims not always, but a lot of times I am stunned at how nice looking they are.

Yeah poor Kendra although her race is advanced in some ways, like space traveling and other technology that they don't use too often due to their fear of continuing to destroy their society like it was in the past. I try to think if there was an alien society that was like pre technology earth, and they come to earth and see things like Kendra does. I try to think how an alien would see things. I must admit dad has at times looking for cans to recycle in dumpsters found a few things that were worth keeping. That is how I would say that Kendra would see it. One time dad found a huge stuffed bear and felt sorry for it, so brought it home and cleaned it up and now it has a place in their home lol. He has found books etc. Not that he did this full time mind you lol.

Kendra being from a society that only knows animals as food, I imagined she would be baffled why these simlings would have animals that weren't for eating, and being that is what animals to her are, she assumed that these animals they had, were going to eventually be eating them, and so to her them being nice to them was them toying with them before eating them. She couldn't imagine that there were animals for something besides eating. Yes she likes them lots lol.

Yep I don't know how she is going to figure it out besides watching others I guess. On her planet there is no need for money as they live off the land and everything is garnered from nature.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top