Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE SIMS ONLINE

BaristatyeBaristatye Posts: 96 Member
edited March 2018 in The Sims (2000)
Not sure where its appropriate to post this, but I use to be a fellow TSO member (the sims online) back in early 2000s, when Maxis ruined it (ea ruined it, go figure) but long story short was wondering if anyone else ever played and if you seen it in The Sims 4, when your sims play video games, play sims forever - when they play it looks just like the sims online. I wish they would bring it back :( it was awesome.

glad to say its back! freeso, free sims online
Post edited by Baristatye on

Comments

• Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited September 2014
    I was a TSO'er. Good times. Most people around here would rather beat your with a stick than hear about TSO, though. It's my dirty little secret.

Oh, and I haven't got TS4 yet, I will this Friday or Saturday... hopefully Friday.
  • BaristatyeBaristatye Posts: 96 Member
    Really? I wonder why? I hope in the future they can find a happy medium of the sims 2/3/4 whatever with TSO. Big fan of all sims games though!
  • SweetSimsLuvr90SweetSimsLuvr90 Posts: 87 Member
    I used to play TSO
    I loved it, but hated that you had to pay money, because I was only 11 yrs old and my mom didnt wanna pay so I had to figure out ways to make money.
  • Chris3423131Chris3423131 Posts: 384 Member
    The Sims 4 was originally suppose to be an online game, but with SimCity failing miserably, they changed it at last minute to an offline game.
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Not a big fan of The Sims Online for the following reasons:

Lot by lot gameplay
    It was a popularity contest.
    It forced you to socialize even though you didn't want to.
    And the gameplay itself was very limited.
    At the end of 6 months, I had to choose between paying for TSO and Ultima Online. I chose Ultima Online.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    The Sims 4 was originally suppose to be an online game, but with SimCity failing miserably, they changed it at last minute to an offline game.

And then we got MMOish outdated graphics and the most horrible inventory system transferred from Sims 3.
  • MylesW505MylesW505 Posts: 128 Member
    people are trying to restore it with "project dollhouse" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3Ztm7BQodQ
  • BadWolfGirlBadWolfGirl Posts: 115 Member
    I used to play TSO in high school. I absolutely loved it until I took a break and went back to find much less people. It was actually what made me decide to pursue MMO type games.
  • SuzicubeSuzicube Posts: 4 New Member
    > @MylesW505 said:
    > people are trying to restore it with "project dollhouse"

That project is pretty much dead....

While the project was active, news updates were posted only to the forums, which were administered solely by Ghost and made viewable only to freely registered members. Ghost informed the public that only those that paid $50 with PayPal would be eligible to test the game, though partial installments were accepted. Over six months, $2400 had been raised by roughly 100 people into Ghost's account, which roused suspicion in former developers that had been terminated and banned from the project for forbidden communication with other banned forum members; at no point did the project have any visible progress beyond basic OpenGL and XNA lesson demos and format readers, whatsoever. In less than a year past its inception, with no progress, Ghost closed the website and ceased the hosting contracts, leaving a goodbye message for a few weeks. None of the donated money was returned, and the takedown notice was never posted. Thus, many believe the takedown notice was faked.
    In addition, passwords may have been recorded on the website in plaintext, compromising 4,000 registered accounts that may be subject to password reuse.
  • RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member
    Never played TSO, guess I was a little young for it.

It'd never happen, but it would be amazing if EA suddenly surprised us one day with an optional online component.
  • Gailwhit4Gailwhit4 Posts: 116 Member
    I played the game. I was one of those Sims with the 'bad' jobs.
    <3WhitneyXD
    Gallery ID: WhitneyMichelleR
    Thanks for all your opinion and views! For now im content with the sims and looking forward EPs etc :D
  • GreenEyedTigressGreenEyedTigress Posts: 115 Member

If it was, I just would have flat out not been interested at all. I played all the Sims games, except TSO, because I couldn't afford Internet access at the time, and also because I hate the very idea of HAVING to be online for a hobby. As it is, though I like The Sims 4, I hate the online aspect of it, having to be "linked" through Origin, even in "offline mode", having to get to the gallery through the game, etc.

fullspiral wrote: »
    Not interested in playing online. My sims are MY sims and my game is MY game.

Exactly.
    > @GreenEyedTigress said:
    > Chris3423131 wrote: »
    >
    > The Sims 4 was originally suppose to be an online game, but with SimCity failing miserably, they changed it at last minute to an offline game.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > If it was, I just would have flat out not been interested at all. I played all the Sims games, except TSO, because I couldn't afford Internet access at the time, and also because I hate the very idea of HAVING to be online for a hobby. As it is, though I like The Sims 4, I hate the online aspect of it, having to be "linked" through Origin, even in "offline mode", having to get to the gallery through the game, etc.
    >
    >
    > fullspiral wrote: »
    >
    > Not interested in playing online. My sims are MY sims and my game is MY game.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Exactly.

Alrighty :D awesome opinion!
  • FunkatronJiveFunkatronJive Posts: 4 New Member
    I played The Sims Online as well! I loved it soooooo much!
  • litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited September 2014
    I get tearful when I hear this, no game has ever made such an impact on me as TSO did and I miss it still. RIP TSO

Lita Belaqua of Dans Grove and Lita's Island

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEfnfUtM3ts
  • CuddlyKritterCuddlyKritter Posts: 66 Member
    I played the Sims Online too. It was okay, I can only imagine where they could take it now with all the advancements in gaming and improvements in The Sims franchise. I'm pretty certain though that Sims Forever is just "The Sims". Not The Sims Online.

I remember going to a lot and we converted it into an insane asylum. And we invited a whole bunch of people over... It got pretty crazy pretty fast. It was hilarious and is one of my fondest moments of The Sims Online.
  • jobug1015jobug1015 Posts: 1,854 Member
    I played The Sims Online too, loved it so much. I remember playing "pizza". Working at the restaurant. Having trivia contests and skilling parties. Ahhh, good times!
    o2vOgnf.jpg?2
  • peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    I never played TSO...but i played secondlife (which apparently alot of TSO players went to that when it died) Personally I dont trust the simming community to have that kind of online game i dont think it would go over well with ratings and all.

as for the sims 4 ingame game (well that sounded odd) i thought it was the sims 1 which since the sims 1 was a hit and the sims online had alot of backlash i can see it being the sims 1. besides i think i saw magic town at one point.
  • UDLMUDLM Posts: 49 Member
    edited September 2014
    Yes, I played it for a couple of years! I was known as Miss Anthrope. My toon had black hair with pink pony tails. :)

And, AW, omg, the music from lita a couple of posts above. I completely remember this. ♥

Edit: Wow, I completely forgot there were towns to choose from. I was in Alphaville.
    Post edited by UDLM on
  • MrLevodevoMrLevodevo Posts: 46 Member
    I've always been very curious about this game. Though I've played this franchise since its inception, I was a bit too young for TSO. I don't think we'll ever see any kind of attempt at another one though, especially with the success of Second Life.
    2v3kopz.png
  • AgnesAgnes Posts: 225 Member
    I played for a bit, but I mostly just did it for social. I never actually settled anywhere. Mostly just visited other people's houses etc.
    Unacceptable!
    tumblr_mtmsysCU6f1qzp9weo1_250.gif

• Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    MylesW505 wrote: »
    people are trying to restore it with "project dollhouse" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3Ztm7BQodQ

If thats real its a lawsuit waiting to happen
  • AgnesAgnes Posts: 225 Member
    I actually miss The Sims Online soundtrack. Love that uplifting beat lol
    Unacceptable!
    tumblr_mtmsysCU6f1qzp9weo1_250.gif