Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Base Game Bug Thread - Please read the first post before posting

Comments

• ZombnomZombnom Posts: 114 Member
    edited September 2014
    Are you using mods? No.
    Are you using custom content (as in clothing and objects) ? No.
    What is your Operating System (XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1) ? Windows 7.
    Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? DVD.

I have found 5 bugs in my own personal game. Please note this is only with one household/the same save.

1) In Willow Creek - in Live mode when in the tab camera view, if you zoom out horizontally (parallel to the ground) using the WSAD/arrow keys camera control you can zoom out of the world, I have replicated this a couple times. Not tested yet in Oasis Springs.

2) Holding down the ultra speed shortcut ('3') repeats the sound (friend PkmnMasterTash verified this happened in her game too).

3) Sims reset randomly, it seems to be generally when they're sitting down/going to sit down.

4) Sims moving in bring in 20,000 Simoleons each time (friend PkmnMasterTash and I both had a townie move in in our own separate games with same amount brought in).

5) Sims do not take the last name of their spouse after getting married (friend PkmnMasterTash verified this happened in her game too).
  • electrical_pandaelectrical_panda Posts: 94 Member
    1.) I don't know what mods are, so I'm guessing I don't have them. Have only used the "motherlode" cheat.
    2.) No custom content
    3.) Windows 8
    4.) Origin download

All of my wall Televisions, the most expensive one before the locked options keep disappearing. I don't change the walls, only go from up to cut out view. I haven't noticed when they go away but when I look for them I have to keep replacing them. I've also had trouble with one of the wall planter boxes disappear on me as well. Haven't noticed it with other wall decorations.

Other bug is when I moved a room within my kitchen (a pantry), it still had a faint left over line where the wall used to be. I could move furniture on top, and walk over it like normal however I later adjusted my foundation height and that section was lower than everything else where the room used to be. As well as only a diagonal section of one square across the kitchen where I had rotated the room I moved over. was lower which left a hole in the floor. I had to go into build mode and drag arrows for an invisible wall over into the wall flush with my kitchen to fix the issue. I hope that makes sense. Before I discovered the arrows, it wouldn't recognize it as part of the whole room and had it highlighted with random rooms of my house so trying to fill the whole room with a wallpaper or floor wouldn't go over in that spot.

I traveled with two sims to the lounge and when I tried to travel with both of them to another location only one went.
  • vivibe2cutevivibe2cute Posts: 5 New Member
    After eating my sim had the fork stuck to there hands, even with a clothe change it didn't remove. He went to work and when he came back it was gone.
  • Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Is there a fix for the Utensils stuck on sims yet? XD
    GDnd7dm.png
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • AmbsSimAmbsSim Posts: 118 Member
    When starting up the full version of Sims 4, the sims I made in the CAS Demo were no longer in my library, and I was unable to find them on the gallery, so I was unable to use them and needed to create a new sim from scratch.

Someone in another thread mentioned this happened to them, and they reloaded the CAS Demo, took their sims off the gallery and then put them back in the gallery, and when they started up the full game, their sims were showing up. But later they said their sims had mysteriously disappeared again. I still need to try opening the demo again to see if I can get my sims back that way.

As a note, I do not have any mods or CC, I have Windows 7 and the Digital Deluxe download version of Sims 4.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    @blewis823: Added

@Kylia86: Did you try moving him out and back in ?

@MeldisElvellon: Added you to the issue

@catloverplayer:
    • There's all kinds of issues with the keycodes. It's on the list.
    • Others have reported resetting. I'm not sure what going on. Holding off adding for now
    • Yes, it doesn't do as much and it's pretty bugged. On the list
    • That is not a bug

@xxaznztarxx: Is it reproducible if you get rid of those ? With new ones ?

@luengark:
    • Is it reproducible ?
    • Added

@tnteasy: Thank you for that workaround. I'll guess I'll be typing up a blog post for that bug tomorrow

@Pamhamlet: Thank you

@blkbrry7: I think they are supposed to fade away and sometimes don't . Did you try changing lots ?

@cavmaster1128: So the date doesn't show up or they just don't make a call ?

@shellz: What do you mean by didn't work ? Did it not show as fulfilled ?

@Nevills: Always ? Do you have a second Sim that has the same issue or is it just the one ?

@Simsfreakmaniac: Thank you. Perfect quoting :)
    Also make sure your drivers are up-to-date. I don't think your graphic card is the greatest.

@leosgrl88: What traits does he have ?

@renzilla: Weird. Let me know if it keeps happening to others. Could just have been a fluke

That's how it is when they are taking care of themselves. Not sure how that works yet if they are just put back in the mood you left them. Don't think the fine is a bug

@Adscorp
    • Added
    • Tech issue. Please post in tech
    • Is this the only occasion you get those delays ?

@Shades302: Yeah, sometimes they just don't seem to fade away as they should

@leosgrl88: I can't even count how many times that was posted as a bug in the Sims 3 threads. I doubt it is a bug

@trueblood76: Just that lot ? Are their needs ok ?

@ccoleman457: added

@Bambina81: Maybe they get full ? Did you try purchasing another ?

@Amaira: Not listing every single item that seems to get stuck but thanks for the report :)

@fozzybear98: Added. Ceiling: I don't think you can.

@Tibbie: Please post in tech.

@kc7597: I doubt it's a bug. Put it in the feedback thread

@Desirai:
    • I don't think the belly is supposed to happen but the rest, I think so. The belly is on the list.
    • Yeah, i've pretty much narrowed that down to graphics chips
    • Not sure. I'll keep in mind if someone else reports
    • Intentional

@jbrechae: Added

@wisefool: There are no fire fighters. I would install sprinklers

@green_chocobo: Thanks for that. Not sure how to phrase that since your solution points towards a general solution to symptoms. Need to think about it when I'm less tired.

@AdrianoFox

Added your camera issues. About the sitting, it think that's how it's programmed. So that Sims prefer sitting down if they can.

@Billysim143: Try switching lots to see if it unlocks then

@khynnea: Thanks for getting back and yes, I get some play time myself.

@catloverplayer: I've added that

-- TBC ---

Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 536 Member
    Reporting a bug. First, my system:

CPU: intel Core i7 930
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 750 Ti with latest drivers
    12 GB DDR3 RAM
    Win 8.1 Pro
    Digital download version
    Mods: only 2 CC installed: Bodyhair V2 and facial piercings. But I'm positive that they don't have anything to do with this.

Sims indoors appear too dark, even with all the lights turned on with maximum lightning applied. After searching on the forums, I found a thread that addressed this same issue. I went and put laptop mode on last night before getting to sleep. Today my sims went dark on me, but right after I unchecked the laptop mode on graphic settings, voila, my sims appear perfectly indoors.

I think this is a bug, sims should not look like that even in laptop mode.
    Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums
  • SimulationdudeSimulationdude Posts: 165 Member
    I don't have time to read all this.
  • kratoschekykratoscheky Posts: 5 New Member
    Please fix this!

i.imgur.com/IpO8wbW.jpg
    i.imgur.com/v9A02Gj.png
    @rodrigomouracm: Been reported. Try traveling somewhere

@Eraste: thanks for the update

@fibrofrogs: lol. I guess that was me ;) I've added

@mattyshady: As said on twitter, I appreciate the suggestion but learning a new tool at this point is out of question. Not sure if it would work out at all but that's not something I can say without knowing it

@lokeloski: Added both your issues

@khynnea: Thank you for the tip. I guess I'll be making a tip post (when I'm less tired) and then I'll put that in (Link, Link)

@MeldisElvellon: Thanks. I keep your second issue in mind, the first has been reported by many. Probably making a post

@BWpunisher: Are we supposed to ? Does it get bad if you don't ?

@kahale: Added

@katrinakrakish: On the list

@MadameAntigone
    • Did you repair or replace ? Cheap stuff ?
    • Did they get stuck there again ?
    • Put it in the feedback thread. I doubt it's a bug. It's intentional or an oversight
    • Do you see the same message over and over again ? You can turn if off through Origin. Google it, there's plenty of posts
    • What other cheats did you try ?
    • Maids are bugged. I have a long list of issues already. I'll add yours if you insist :disappointed:

@Hellbiter88: Please post in tech

@KelMarCos: For demon baby post in that thread. I think the going to work bugged your Sim. Do you have a save from before that ? Could be all related. See if you have the same cas loading issue on a new game

@Ashe:
    • Did you try going somewhere else that involves a loading screen ?
    • On the list
    • On the list
    • Post in the thread linked in the third post

@SimGuruLyndsay: Thank you for popping in :)

@afrat240: Added

@jaxie086: Did you try reloading

@ravynwolvf: Not sure how the system work but I think the ones in the bin are for you to place and the game creates random ones. I'll keep in mind though

@RaceGirl328: Did you try turning the door ?

@vivibe2cute: Did you try resetting her ?

@Mermaid: You mean as in the censor doesn't go away ?

@rubyrosered: Did you try resetting the Sim ?

@9JANG: Please make a post at answers.ea.com and put the links to your videos there. Then PM me the link (at AHQ) and I'll put the link here. It's a bit complicated but videos are great.

@Linkoran: on the list

@khynnea: Please repost if it does. I won't add for now

@vivibe2cute: Did you try traveling ? Resetting ? Not understanding what you mean by seems are blurry. What did you buy ?

UPDATED TO THIS POST
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• GothfortuneGothfortune Posts: 7 New Member
    @crinrict Link has been edited into my original post on page 10.
  • lahleslahles Posts: 18 New Member
    NO mods or CC
    Disc install
    Windows 7 i5

Sorry if this is hard to follow.

This has been mentioned but I thought you would explain my version of the problem. The relationships are definitely broken. First I added some members to the family during "manage households", I made parents for my current household. When I added their relationships to the already existing member it registered, but once I made the new parents married, the father lost the "father/daughter" relationship in replace of "spouse". The mother kept "mother/daughter" relationship as well as the "spouse".

Then later on I had the daughter (adult) adopt a child, relationships seemed right, the aunt, grandparent, etc worked. Once I edited the adopted child in CAS (full edit mode) the aunt of the adopted child(young adult) turned into a sister. The bug only affected the relationship between aunt and adopted child.

Then once I moved the grandparents out, the family had another child. Once the grandparents came to visit the grandparent relationship was missing.
    Since my head is about to explode, I'm going to call it a night. I didn't get as much done as I hoped.

This forum is a pain. I don't know if I should move over to AHQ. Need to talk to the Gurus about it.

I won't have time tomorrow morning so please be patient.

I also have a plea to you all: Many things reported are very very specific. I try to make them more general so please if something is on the list, that resembles your issue, don't report it.

I will go over the rules and make a post about general things you can try and please do try them before posting cause many things seem to be symptoms of something screwing up. The reason is more important then the symptoms so maybe if you run into a strangeness, try reproducing or try to remember what you did that could have led to it.

Something are not bugs but simply stuff that aren't understood so why don't you play and write stuff down for yourself. Try to figure out things, read the forums and see if something is maybe not a bug but intentional. For me it's easier if you report several things in one post, maybe at the end of the day than if you come back and posting something and later you post a new post saying you fixed it.

It's a lot of work, more than the expansions ever were - so I'm trying to figure out a way to make this easy for me and resourceful for the gurus, Don't use this to get help with everything you see. I will have a burn out by the end of the week otherwise. Make your own thread, discuss with others and if you come to the conclusion, that it needs reporting, do.

Also, I would like to do this on my own since that's me. I'm not good with 'sharing' since I need things done my way or they won't work out. I really love doing this, don't get me wrong. It's interesting to see and find solutions but if it's all about answering everyone, I won't really have time to dig around.

I really don't wanna discourage anyone from posting but I feel some of you are too quick to report everything they see. Enjoy your game. It's not about bug hunting. Play. Write down stuff that you think you need to report and then go over them and decide if they really need reporting after reading the first page.

I'll try to come up with something and maybe someone else has an idea. There was a suggestion today to set up a bug tracking but since it involved learning a new tool/method, I don't think that's the way to do it but it would be a great suggestion for EA to set up something like that or I could look into it for the future.

I wish you all a fun play night, especially those in Europe (sorry UK) and talk to you tomorrow.
    AHQ Tutorial

• TheBerto2010TheBerto2010 Posts: 1 New Member
    Don't have the option to make a Space Energy Drink at the bar.
  • GurlGamer05GurlGamer05 Posts: 336 Member
    edited September 2014
    I have an issue where my sim child shows up as Friend and Sister of her father. I took screenshots of them in CAS and in game. I have no mods or custom content and the digital version of the game. ZmiohVP.jpgS8drmeI.jpg
  • MckinneyMiniMckinneyMini Posts: 456 Member
    edited September 2014
    1. The "TAB" camera option freezes A LOT. When I hit TAB 60% of the time it will get stuck and I can't move the camera around. So I have to exit the TAB feature and go back in
    2.Edge scrolling is COMPLETELY busted. It doesn't work 99% of the time.
    3.Several times the music from town view has glitched and has played over my actual game and I have to close the game and reopen to get it to stop
    4. Clicking on lets say the Gym and the sims end up at another lot that you did NOT click on.
    5. No animation for opening the oven. The oven will open by itself. Not sure if bug or bad coding
    6. Sims walking CLEAN through eachother, again I have a feeling it was coded this way and not sure if it is a bug
    7. Sims lips do not touch when kissing EVER.
    8. Kids necklaces will not show over certain sweaters.
  • Billysim143Billysim143 Posts: 968 Member
    edited September 2014
    crinrict wrote: »

@Billysim143: Try switching lots to see if it unlocks then

That did not work. I got in touch with EA tech support they chatted with me for about an hour and decided they could not fix this problem (they were very polite and informative). They advised me that it was being sent up to a higher escalation team and that they would contact me my e-mail when they figure out what is wrong and have a solution.

It's in thier hands now and I guess I will just have to wait on my dream kitchen. :(

P.S. Thank you for responding.

• Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    1. Conversation Window Remaining - When having a conversation with another Sim, my main Sim went to work - the General Conversation window remained up for 2 days. I tried speaking with the same Sim, an two others. The General Conversation Window would not remove itself until I exited to Manage Worlds. Once I returned to the game, the General Conversation Window was gone.

2. Occasionally the direction controls seem to lock in once place and will continue to move (ahead, or to the side... depending on the last movement) for a few seconds until I repeatedly click elsewhere. Example, if I am pointing forward, the screen continues to move forward until I repeatedly click elsewhere.
    OJGRGDT.gif
    One question: How would everyone feel, if I re-opened this at AnswerHQ instead of here: http://answers.ea.com/
    AHQ Tutorial

• ts3semlts3seml Posts: 440 Member
    The medium length hairstyle with pigtails doesn't work with any of the hats. The pigtails disappear and she just has really short hair.
  • daisylee910daisylee910 Posts: 73 Member
    I have a bug where the last 2 times my sim has gone to work when he comes home it still shows he is at work. I cannot open his needs, skills, etc. as the game says he is not there. I have tried to have him leave work early and sometimes after a few tries it works. Sometimes.

I have windows that go in the wrong way and cannot be rotated. I have some odd shaped fully enclosed rooms that the game does not read as rooms.

Clean game with no CC or mods.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144)
    System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
    System Model: h8-1020
    BIOS: Ver: CAR_7 3.bin vCAR7.03
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600S CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 8174MB RAM
    Page File: 2942MB used, 13405MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

------------
    ---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: AMD Radeon HD 6570
    Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x6759)
    DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6759&SUBSYS_909E1B0A&REV_00
    Display Memory: 4095 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 1011 MB
    Shared Memory: 3084 MB
  • AprilSG4AprilSG4 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited September 2014
    1. Are you using mods (Please answer with: Yes, Never, Removed) --> It's essential that stuff is tested on vanilla games so remove your mods before reporting a bug.
    --Never.
    2. Are you using custom content (as in clothing and objects) ?
    --No.
    3. What is your Operating System (XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1) ?
    --Win 8.1
    4. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?
    -- DVD Version

The Sims 4 Rewards loaded to my game fine and show up in the Build Mode catalog.
    I can drag and drop a plumbob into the world, but then it leaves the Build Mode catalog.
    When I pick up the plumbob I only have the options to sell it or to place it in the family inventory.

If I create a new sim family, the plumbobs that I have used in other sim familes save games are not back in the build mode catalog or in the family inventory of the new family.

So, the plumbobs act as single use items only.

Is this a bug or a misunderstanding of either the game mechanics or intention behind the Sims 4 Rewards?

***NOT A BUG!*** "New" items show on the top of the all items Build Mode catalog. Once they are used they then just show in their normal spot (for the plumbobs that is under lighting. In the all items list it is several pages down from the top). Whew! :)
    Post edited by AprilSG4 on
  • BWpunisherBWpunisher Posts: 169 Member
    @crinrict

Yes. Glad you disregarded the report I made with respect to the fish not being placed in the fridge. That was entirely my bad, I didn't realize that fish went foul so quickly. Once they go foul, you cannot place them in the fridge. Once I got some fresh fish, I was able to place them into the fridge.
  • mattyshadymattyshady Posts: 14 New Member
    no CC, no mods, digital game windows 7 64 bit.

when you move an entire house sometimes the stairs inside the house don't move with the house and they disappear.
  • CutencuddleCutencuddle Posts: 38 New Member
    My sim had triplets, and the babies look like Freddy cougar.. I would post a picture however I am considered a new member so I am unable to. Also I cannot see babies in the cribs, but I can see them when I pick the crib up in build mode. I do not think this is a graphic issue, I have everything on High and medium and my game works fine for everything else, I do not have any DC or CC.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top