Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Base Game Bug Thread - Please read the first post before posting

Comments

• Options
    MadameAntigoneMadameAntigone Posts: 7 New Member
    edited September 2014
    A few things I have noticed.

1. Not sure if this is a bug, but EVERYTHING breaks down SO quickly, it's annoying. I'm not even kidding when I say 20 minutes into game and I had 2 broken sinks and a broken shower.

2. A group of sims got stuck in front of my household's home. My sim would greet them and invite them in, but they'd continually get stuck in the corner, wave to nothing, then come back to knock on the door again and again. I solved it by traveling, but to me that's not a fix, it's a band-aide.

3. Not sure if this is a bug either, but my sims won't sleep in their own beds. Please make a fix for this.

4. The tutorial restarts for me for each new sim I bring in.

5. Cheats won't work. At all. Other than Motherlode, Rosebud, and Kaching.

6. Maid doesn't completely clean. A lot of the house is skipped over, especially when dealing with upstairs and the outside patio/BBQ area.

No mods, No CC.
  • Options
    Hellbiter88Hellbiter88 Posts: 916 Member
    Anytime I enter CAS from live mode, I come out the other side with an endless load screen. It doesn't matter if I use the cheat, or a mirror, or whatever... I can edit my sims but as soon as I click OK it just never finishes the loading screen to and go back to live mode!
    Welcome to the forums!
    hD8C13932
  • Options
    KelMarCosKelMarCos Posts: 111 Member
    edited September 2014
    no mods. no custom content. windows 7 os (i have it bootcamped onto a mac). downloaded version.

my sim was pregnant, but she went into labor only a few minutes before she was due to start work. thus she still went to work even though she was in labor. this resulted in her being in labor she over 2 full sim days. i expected her to have the baby as soon as she got home from her job but it never happened.

now i'm not sure about this, cause i shut down the game to play the next day figuring a restart will help. but when i reloaded the game (the reload is still after her 2 days of labor) i found i could click on her and get options like have baby at hospital or have the baby at home. does labor not auto start anymore? are you supposed to click on her to induce labor after the in labor moodlet counts down? i never clicked on her while she was in labor waiting the first time so im not sure if it was always there or it was just there to "induce her" and continue the game.

but its not saving my game anymore (the baby is a demon baby, but im not sure if its related to this.). i played a couple sim days and then aged the child up. but then when i reloaded the game again it started up when she was in labor and the child disappeared. my sim days i played never happened. so then i played a few more days, induced her aged up the child and had her get pregnant again and have a second child (also a demon baby). i manually saved the game as a save as file. just loaded up my game again and she is STILL in labor with her first child.

im giving up on them and restarting over completely but figured it was about time to finally come and share the bug. sorry if the explanation is too long.

additionally. i was trying to change the child's appearance in the mirror and CAS would never load. it was on a constant loading screen. i left the game trying to load it up, went to go clean dishes in the kitchen and make something (gone for 10 minutes) only to come back and find it still trying to load. so i had to end the game via task manager and start over.
  • Options
    AsheAshe Posts: 8 New Member
    edited September 2014
    I never had a problem in my game until I had another sim move into my house. Now i'm getting these weird random bugs.

1) my male sim always has an "eat salad" interaction at the bottom of his list, but theres no food to eat in order to do the action. he is still playable but that dang eat salad command wont go away.

2) my shower is running with nobody in it and wont stop. there is no repair or replace option either. I tried moving the shower and that didn't work, so I deleted it all together and the shower spray is still there.. spraying in the bathroom with no shower at all. (EDIT: I went into manage worlds and then came back into the house, this issue was solved after doing so.)

3) merging sims. sometimes my sims will sit in the same spot and clip together.

4) Deformed baby glitch that everyone else seems to have as well.

My specs meet the requirements im sure, but im using an alienware laptop with windows 8.1 if that helps any.
    Post edited by Ashe on
  • Options
    SimGuruLyndsaySimGuruLyndsay Posts: 339 SimGuru
    Thank you for starting the thread and organizing the issues being reported Crinrict. We're looking into these as you all report them. Thank you!
  • Options
    afrat240afrat240 Posts: 273 Member
    No CC No Mods - Never

I had my sim host a prestige wedding party (meaning I chose the option to have party goals) in the park in Willow Creek. I went into build mode to set up the decor, added a wedding arch (the cheaper one), placed benches in front for sims to watch, placed a bar, a few tables and chairs, and just some white carpet leading up to the arch.

I had my sim do a few of the mini goals, then moved right on to "Get married to *blank*" action. The sims completed the marriage animation, and it took me to the screen where you manage the household merge (side note: didn't see a way to change either sims' last name, both kept their original last name after getting married), moved the groom into my household, clicked OK, and the party was suddenly over and all my guests were gone, including the bartender I hired, except the bride and groom.

The groom was sucessfully added to my household and everything was fine with all that, only I didn't get a chance to finish my party event. There was no notification indicating the party had ended, no notification on how well I did or if I earned any trophies for the party, nothing like that. It just ended and everyone who I invited disapeared except my (now) 2 married sims. They didn't walk off the lot, just disapeared completely. No "great party, etc" notification from my guests leaving.

That's the only "major" bug I've come accross so far, gameplay was as expected from that point on. I just would like to be able to complete the party goals in the future without the guests/whole event disapearing mid-way through.
  • Options
    khynneakhynnea Posts: 265 Member
    edited September 2014
    Same vanilla win7/64 origin download...

New update after bulldozing to remove puddles. Putting painted pictures out of inventory after remodeling the house.

The paintings TRY to go to the wall location from where they were removed. One or two seem to "stick" to the spot where I am trying to mount them. At first I thought maybe I had put them on the outdoor wall -- but then I just put many up in rapid succession. They are still maintaining all metadata (as they had after my pre-bulldoze test of into inventory then back on wall but funny I was using the same wall mounting spot since my walls were literally covered in paintings so I didn't notice this then).

But now It's pretty much tossing them up wherever the game wants to, not where I am trying to hang them.

If you notice in the screenshot, I had them originally hung in an orderly grid. They are not rehanging themselves that way. Some are below the moulding, others are not lining up properly. Keep in mind this is literally behind me on the wall they used to be on.

www.dropbox.com/s/9fdp2k3onoj2g31/09-03-14_11-17%C2%A0AM.png?dl=0

I'm trying to rehang them on the wall I'm facing with the easel. Only one made it.

www.dropbox.com/s/02l3bnllh3g8ciz/09-03-14_11-18%C2%A0AM.png?dl=0

The walls had no paintings before I started 'hanging' them from inventory to the wall where the easel is, beginning near middle lower center of the second screenshot.

ETA: erm, went to start moving paintings to where I wanted them, one had been hung in the air. Not even on the wall.

www.dropbox.com/s/acsty9f59am4qy4/09-03-14_11-26%C2%A0AM.png?dl=0

Of note, this wall had NOT been modified in build/buy when I redesigned the house. I only stretched the house 'back' and on the other side 2 squares in each direction. (Not in the front or the narrow side yard which is only two squares, Daisy house).
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    No CC, no mods installed. I went into build/buy mode for a few minutes then when I switched back to live mode the build/buy music was still playing in the background and won't stop.
  • Options
    ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    edited September 2014
    I don't know if the game is supposed to do this, but it shouldn't. I edited all the "not in world" families to make them my own types. Then I even evicted all the families I had in homes and made them "not in world" too. That gave me a total of 57 not in world families. Despite this, the game keeps insisting on generating more instead of pulling from the ones I already have. Yes, it sometimes uses them as well, but most lots or common areas I visit are populated with only 1/3 my edited sims and 2/3 new ones. Since I did it, it's created 37 MORE not in world families. Where does the madness stop? Surely 125 or so sims in the bin are enough for it to use.

No mods or cc btw
  • Options
    RaceGirl328RaceGirl328 Posts: 35 Member
    I'm running windows 7, digital download, no mods or custom content. When sims come to my house, they come inside, then face the door, and ring the doorbell, from the inside.
  • Options
    vivibe2cutevivibe2cute Posts: 5 New Member
    My sim is still big even after giving birth.
    She got super big after she found out she was pregnant, which I see someone else reported.
  • Options
    No mods or CC
  • Options
    MermaidMermaid Posts: 16 New Member
    edited September 2014
    My sims are blurry and this happened after they showered...When they slept,the bed became blurry too. Any clues about what I should do with my problem?

By the way,I am not using mods or CC. I have Windows 8 and I have the download version of the game.
  • Options
    rubyroseredrubyrosered Posts: 1 New Member
    Chess Gone Wrong
    No mods or CC, win7, download

My genius child needs to play 5 chess games, which each seem to take many, many hours. Twice now I've stopped her playing the game to take care of her needs but the visiting sim she was playing with is stuck in place. 'Ask to leave' is grayed out and says 'the sim is already leaving' but they sit there for hours talking to an empty chair. One child stayed that way overnight. Meanwhile my child's mental skill still is highlighted even though she's sleeping, etc.
  • Options
    9JANG9JANG Posts: 1 New Member
    Sorry if this is a re-post.

Minor object bug: Some objects' Color Palette are showing non-matching color on objects in Real World.

I'm seeing a few objects showing non-matching previews when hovering over alternate color choices in the color palette. Also same behavior with the Design Tool. I have a 10s video clip showing this but can't post it yet. The "The Cutlass of Light" wall light is among the affected objects. The Color palette and actual object in world is all swapped. Seeing this occur with several more objects I couldn't recall.

MacBook Pro with Retina display; Core i7 2.7 GHz., 16 GB Ram, GT 650M
    Boot Camp; Windows 7 SP1 x64.
    Origin, No CC.
  • Options
    LinkoranLinkoran Posts: 14 New Member
    Items staying in my sims' hands after they have completed an action.

Occasionally after eating a meal, the fork will stay in my sims hands until after they have bathed/changed clothes. More recently I've noticed this is happening after other interactions as well. Once my sim finished repairing a broken computer, the screwdriver and motherboard stays in the hands of my sim.

CPU: AMD A10-5745M 2.1 GHz
    RAM: 6 GB, 1000 MHz DDR3
    Video: AMD Radeon HD 8610G

Origin Digital Deluxe Edition
    Vertical Sync: On

CC: none
    Mods: none
  • Options
    khynneakhynnea Posts: 265 Member
    Consuming the last of a family meal leaves an empty plate in the fridge that needs to be removed and disposed of. So far of several 'group' servings I have only encountered this one time. Will of course watch to see if this happens again. Expected behavior is that the serving plate auto-cleans up when you take the last serving out.
  • Options
    Windows 8.1 downloaded version

My sim has dripping water on them
    And seems are blurry
    When I buy items with whim points, it doesn't show that I bought it but my points go down.
  • Options
    kohakunekokohakuneko Posts: 5 New Member
    edited September 2014
    Are you using mods - Never
    Are you using custom content (as in clothing and objects) - No
    What is your Operating System (XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1) - Win 8.1
    Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? - Downloaded
    I have several issues.
    1. The aspirations don't always register when I complete them. For instance: Playing on the monkey bars while playful, playing video games while focused. Edit: Fixed this by changing the aspiration then changing it back.
    2. My sim never had writer's block and so I could never progress through his aspiration. He has now died and didn't even move to level two of the aspiration. Edit: posted in another place and turns out you need to practice writing not just write books.
    3. sims sometimes get stuck in the game and can't do anything. (This will fix after exiting and reentering but should be on a fix list for EA).
    4. When I make one sim in a double bed get up the other pops up as well.

Edit: removed unnecessary questions

Thanks for any help!
    Post edited by kohakuneko on
  • Options
    ts3semlts3seml Posts: 440 Member
    My twin girls came home from daycare but you can only see one of the babies. Both bassinets are there and you can see one of the 2 babies. They are both aging up but were just born yesterday (in sim time on normal aging).
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Are you using mods? No.

Are you using custom content (as in clothing and objects) ? No.

What is your Operating System (XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1) ? Win 7.

Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? Digital version from Origin.

Error: My mom Sim, who was very tired, told the baby to Age Up. The announcement came up that he was aging up, and I picked his traits, but the mom did not move out of the way. The baby's icon changed to the child's face but the child himself didn't show up. Clicking on the icon would not go to anywhere. Telling the mom to get out of the way did not make him appear. Telling him to do things did not make him appear. I quit without saving and will go back to an earlier save.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Hi Guys,

just checking in. I'll try to get another session done before I go to bed but seeing it's another three pages already that will probably take me 1 hour again. So not sure how that will fit in.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    camimhcamimh Posts: 3,297 Member
    When I attempt to set color and intensity of lights - I get no additional menu beyond the "All Lights" or "This Light" options (no matter which one I choose).
    Xois5I.jpg
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited September 2014
    It is way too easy to look like the hulk. I am having an issue with my Sim being muscular with just a tiny bit of exercise. I have stopped her from exercising at this point. She does dance a lot and I have now stopped this because I have heard dancing causes it. We aren't talking about toning up here, I am talking about serious muscle building muscles. Not a fan.

Nod mods, windows 7, origin download
    Post edited by shellbeme on
  • Options
    NYDavisNYDavis Posts: 8 New Member
    edited September 2014
    1. A neighbor's teen stopped by and left her homework on my table. I could not move the homework.
    2. When using books or guitars from the Sims inventory they rarely return the item to their inventory and just set it down.

Edit: No Mods, Win 7, Origin DL
    Post edited by NYDavis on
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top