Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Base Game Bug Thread - Please read the first post before posting

Comments

• Bambina81Bambina81 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited September 2014
    Only bug I've encountered so far is the the "purchase books" option has disappeared. So, when I click on a book case, I can only access the books that are already there.

I have no mods or CC. I downloaded the game from Origin.
  • AmairaAmaira Posts: 293 Member
    The kids woohoo wish one :o lol

Are you using mods? No
    Are you using custom content (as in clothing and objects) ? One realistic eyes cc
    What is your Operating System (XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1) ? Win 7
    Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game? DVD

So far one I've had, and haven't seen listed yet, is my sim had her phone stuck to her hand forever. It would not go away for the longest time. I think I fixed it by traveling to a different lot then back home. Either that or it just finally went away on its own.
  • fozzybear98fozzybear98 Posts: 110 Member
    edited September 2014

Are you using mods? Never.
    Are you using custom content (as in clothing and objects) ? No.
    Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? DVD

I got the game last night and have been playing it since. So far the only major "bug" I've seen is at the nightclub. All the chairs were full and a Sim came in and sat down on/joined with another Sim. The sime that was sitting originally got up after a few moments and walked out, breaking the freaky weird conjoined thing.

So far everything is working pretty well. I think it's just going to take time getting used to the controls, etc.
    I have a great video card, so I've had no lag as of yet. Occasionally I do have issues with the screen/edge scrolling from left and right. It seems the mouse has to be in the right area for it to work. I don't think that's a bug, just something to get used to.

I'm just trying to figure out how to put a ceiling in. Other than that, it's been a great game.

[img][/img]09-03-14_3-46nbspAM-2.png
  • TibbieTibbie Posts: 12 New Member
    edited September 2014
    Crinrict, my game froze during play and I had to alt ctrl delete and force it to close. Now my game won't load, it gets past the start up 'sims 4/maxis/EA screen but the loading plumbob screen freezes (it seems like this happens at around the time it loads the info from my game so something is telling me maybe a file has become corrupt). I tried the repair option and update again in origin but neither have fixed the problem. I ran perfmon /rel and this is what it has come up with: Is there anything I can do like clear a folder etc? Please help :(
    Description
    Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Sims 4\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4.exe

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: BEX
    Application Name: TS4.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.625.10
    Application Timestamp: 53ed5fc4
    Fault Module Name: TS4.exe
    Fault Module Version: 1.0.625.10
    Fault Module Timestamp: 53ed5fc4
    Exception Offset: 02315a0a
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Data: 00000008
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 3081
    Additional Information 1: 68a9
    Additional Information 2: 68a9e4f1b457d83deaf98a450aeedf63
    Additional Information 3: 3a50
    Additional Information 4: 3a50e7480d4d9c4fe0f42820ccd0e743

edit: I have found it is something in my 'tray' folder as when I delete the info contained in there the game boots up. This isn't really an acceptable fix because without it I have none of the sims I have made in my gallery. I have backed up the tray folder in the hopes there will be a fix :(
    Post edited by Tibbie on
  • kc7597kc7597 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited September 2014
    The thing that aggravates me the most, it may be a bug, or a coincidence....but sims take FOREVER to cook!! I'm sure someone has said this one, but I feel that they will be chopping up vegetables and then just sit there and start staring at walls! SOOOO annoying!

Are you using mods: Never
    Are you using cc: No
    Operating system: windows 8.1
    dvd or digital: digital
  • DesiraiDesirai Posts: 1,058 Member
    Bug reports:

After trying for baby, my sim was immediately equipped with a pregnant belly, was throwing up and had a "take pregnancy test" interaction. However, no baby chime played (but I don't know if this was removed)

Immediately after birth, I could age up my baby. I did NOT have demon spawn baby. (I have an nvidia gtx 550 gfx card if it matters)

One parent had pink hair, one parent had red hair, but baby was born with black hair. Bug? Intentional? Genetics issue? Don't know. Not really a problem because I could solve it with a mirror.

Female sim still went to work even though pregnant. Changed from TS3? Not sure. Not really an issue, just an observation.
    What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??
  • jbrechaejbrechae Posts: 142 New Member
    edited September 2014
    Hi Crinrict,

Are you using mods? No
    Are you using custom content (as in clothing and objects) ? No
    What is your Operating System (XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1) ? Windows 8.1
    Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? DVD version

When I have placed a staged room from build mode and rearranged the cabinets, sometime the ones I have deleted leaves a gray area as if I didn't delete it and so I am then unable to place another cabinet where the old one was. I then have to delete the entire room and start over.
  • wisefoolwisefool Posts: 3 New Member
    Didn't see it reported in front:

Fire alarm does not trigger a firefighter. This can break a game because the sims will stay uncontrollable forever.

I had two fires.

First one, alarm rang. The sims all routed to safety but then could do nothing else. Game had to be wiped.

Second one, no alarm installed. This one allowed the sims to extinguish the fires themselves at least, and continue playing.
  • green_chocobogreen_chocobo Posts: 2 New Member
    edited September 2014
    Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? Download.

==Update==

Figured it out. I saved the game while one of my Sims was visiting a neighbor last night. When I loaded the game today I had a prompt to select the active sim to play. I selected my other Sim which was at home. The Sim at home was effectively evicted and actually I couldn't do anything (besides gardening, after he got stuck outside the house there was some pathing issue denying him any ability to get back into the house.) The sim that was visiting returned home experienced this issue as well.

It dawned on me that I was playing as the visiting sim at the time so I reloaded the game pre-problem and played as the sim visiting and had her go home. All of the pathing and gardening issues were resolved because of it.

So lesson is. don't pick the sim you weren't playing after you saved. game does not like that.

==Original Problem / Post==
    This was working yesterday, but since the patch I haven't been able to "Tend Garden" anymore. There is an alert that says "No plants need tending" when I try. Even though I can individually water, weed, and spray. What is also not helping is that the other gardening commands "Water" "weed" and "spray bugs" no longer do all plants in the area, just the one that was initially selected which was not the case pre-patch.
  • AdrianoFoxAdrianoFox Posts: 47 Member
    edited September 2014
    Are you using mods? No.
    What is your Operating System (XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1) ? Win 8.1

- If you start recording a video in Cameraman mode (tab), the contour that indicates that you're recording disappears. Pause contour too.

- If you save two angles to make interpolation movement between them with Cameraman, sometimes the Camera goes from one angle to another with a 360º rotation.

- Sims just keep sitting when they're having conversations. Wherever there's a place for them to sit while talking, they do. They just don't talk standing.
    Post edited by AdrianoFox on
  • Billysim143Billysim143 Posts: 968 Member
    Are you using mods? No.

This morning I reached level 10 of the culinary career (celebrity chef), I focused on this because wanted the styled room commercial kitchen. When I go into build mode styled room, it's still locked and says unlock this room by reaching level 10 of the culinary career while in the chef branch . I am in the chef branch, not the mixologist branch.

• BWpunisherBWpunisher Posts: 169 Member
    Origin version. No CC.
    i7 at 1.73 GHz
    GTX 460M 1.5 GB
    6 GB's RAM
    Windows 8.1

Have been gardening for a while now in two different save games, two different sims.

Noticed that sometimes when you place a seed down into a garden pot or the planter box then proceed to select plant, the sims follows through with the planting interaction but once he/she finishes, it disappears. There is no plant there. It just disappears into thin air and the pot/box acts as if nothing was there to begin with.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? DVD

I got the game last night and have been playing it since. So far the only major "bug" I've seen is at the nightclub. All the chairs were full and a Sim came in and sat down on/joined with another Sim. The sime that was sitting originally got up after a few moments and walked out, breaking the freaky weird conjoined thing.

So far everything is working pretty well. I think it's just going to take time getting used to the controls, etc.
    I have a great video card, so I've had no lag as of yet. Occasionally I do have issues with the screen/edge scrolling from left and right. It seems the mouse has to be in the right area for it to work. I don't think that's a bug, just something to get used to.

I'm just trying to figure out how to put a ceiling in. Other than that, it's been a great game.

[img][/img]09-03-14_3-46nbspAM-2.png

Glad to know I'm not the only one with the ceiling issue.

• khynneakhynnea Posts: 265 Member
    edited September 2014
    > @crinrict said:
    > khynnea:
    > * Try testingcheats and shift click on it. There might be an option to reset (debug). Maybe that works.

I did this. I get:

Control-click center of puddle: Higher pitched clicking sound. No action.
    If I go near to where the bushes are, it brings up a menu across the bottom of the screen with various options (sell/cancel/object info).

Sledgehammer: "This object can't be deleted."

My suspicion is that in order to get rid of the puddle-tastrophe I will need moveobjects (which I understand is not in the game at present) and/or to move out of the lot, bulldoze lot, and move back in, which I do not know if it is in the game at present. Will see. Only played a couple hours so far. (Hope YOU are getting to play some.)

Of note, I have since added another planter box, and do still get the occasional puddle outside the box -- these seem to dry. I don't know what's special about these earlier ones, they seem to have gotten stacked on themselves or something.

Apparently being around since 2009 isn't enough to post the image... so uhm...
    www.dropbox.com/s/qoirgg3qjs0npth/09-03-14_7-11%C2%A0AM.png?dl=0

> * Seems there's a general problem with key loosing their functionally. Try reloading.

I think it started working again after "zoning" to the library (after traveling via road) is essentially because I did reload by going to another neighborhood. The only other odd thing is that I lost my trackpad mouse later. I still had wireless mouse control, so some driver conflict occurred. This can happen on rare occasion with a game, (though hasn't in a very long time), I just shut down, rebooted, and all is well. If it continues to recur I'll post.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited September 2014
    The kiss and make out interactions are off on the sofa and all other sitting places sims can do them. There lips don't even come close to touching of course it s worse with cas sims then the premade townies.

I don't know if it s cause the sims I made have different lip sizes or it s an animation issue. When their lips do touch their quivering when making out on the sofa.
  • rodrigomouracmrodrigomouracm Posts: 2 New Member
    Are you using mods? No.
    Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? Download

1- Objetcs (like forks, for example) remains on the hands of sims even after their action finished.
  • ErasteEraste Posts: 5 New Member
    edited September 2014
    Phone support helped me out. My save issues/items not saving were due to K9 web security (and possibly Avira anti virus, but I'm leaning mostly to K9).
  • fibrofrogsfibrofrogs Posts: 6 New Member
    Put a post in the ea tech support forums and some helpful bloke told me to come post the bug here as well. I also put a ticket in to ea to report the bug hope it gets fixed soon. Here is the problem and work around wierd solution I found to fix it:

I will use an example to explain the bug. I made a sim for TheSims4Challenge using the hashtag of course #TheSims4Challenge. I uploaded my sim to the gallery and then to make sure he was there I typed in the hash tag #TheSims4Challenge in the drop down box on the right hand side of gallery where we search under hashtag. I then clicked on the all tab and selected households and most recent. When the gallery searched it said it found nothing. So i then removed my hashtag and just left search box blank and clicked on all and households and then most recent. The gallery then said it found nothing.
    Here is the wierd glitch of it and work around if this happens to you.
    I then typed in my hashtag again in the search box, this time i selected the maxis tab and households and then recent. Because of my hashtag it of course found nothng. I then clicked the all tab with all the same check marks. I used my hashtag, i selected all then households then most recent and presto i saw my sim and tons of others also. I then re did my blank search the same way first searching maxis tab with households and most recent, which it of course shows all the recent houses made by maxis. but now that i did that I went back to all and did a blank search of all with households and most recent and you got it i saw tons and tons of peoples latest sims.

So the short of it is if you cannot get results search maxis first then go to the all tab and do same search works every time.
    At least we can find new content and our own creations until they fix this with my accidental work around lol
    Best of Luck,
    Joy
  • mattyshadymattyshady Posts: 14 New Member
    crinrict wrote: »
    So, let me say this. I've tried this and it's not working out with this thread atm for me. The new forum is a pain to add links and it takes me forever to add stuff to the first page. Also most of the reports are pretty specific incidents that probably no once can recreate and hence will be difficult to fix.

This does not mean, that you can't report them. It just means, I won't add them all to the complied list. I can't handle this.

What I'll do is this. I'll try to answer all your questions/issues as before and you're welcome to post all your incidents but I will only add stuff that is less specific and very repeatable.

I wanna play the game myself and I can't do if I keep doing it the way I did before.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience and if anyone has an idea how this can be done differently, they are welcome to speak up to me (PM or on my wall)

I'll answer all new concerns in a moment.

@crinrict you need to make a mantis: https://www.mantisbt.org/ should make this way easier though ea should be doing this. You are amazing.
  • lokeloskilokeloski Posts: 2 New Member
    These happened more than once, but I couldn't replicate it freely or find the origin:

- Sometimes my sim can't interact with another because there's an object on the way, and the sim it wants to interact to doesn't turn to face an open space (and the interaction is cancelled because of this). Happened a few times in front of table/chairs (90 degrees from them and on diagonals). It is as if the sim doesn't notice that the object block interaction.
    Happened a few times when trying to pick up plate on small round tables too. The sim can't pick the plate, so it cancels its interaction.

- Every time I load a game, if I have maid service, the cost of cleaning is deducted from my sim's funds (the number floats on the load screen) and everything in the house that was dirty loads up clean.

Are you using mods?
    No.

Are you using custom content (as in clothing and objects) ?
    No.

What is your Operating System (XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1) ?
    Win 8.

Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?
    Digital version from Origin.
  • khynneakhynnea Posts: 265 Member
    edited September 2014
    > @khynnea said:
    > My suspicion is that in order to get rid of the puddle-tastrophe I will need moveobjects (which I understand is not in the game at present)
    > and/or to move out of the lot, bulldoze lot, and move back in, which I do not know if it is in the game at present. Will see. ...

So... Did this. Manage Lot > Build > Saved new version of house to library (since floor plan was already there, and I'd made changes with furnishings etc.) Bulldozed lot. As suspected puddles are now gone. Pulled house out of Library as saved and into the lot.

Puddles thankfully did not save with export and are gone. HOWEVER.....

I have lost ALL self painted artwork. The walls of my house are ENTIRELY bare. The goods did NOT go into home inventory NOR did they go into player inventory.

The planter boxes no longer have excellent plants in them, they have ... absolutely nothing in them.

Off to experiment to see how to keep these items throughout a bulldoze. I suspect that I may be able to keep the paintings if I put them into player inventory before the bulldoze. But if this version is anything like the previous, I may lose the plants. Fingers crossed that putting them into home inventory saves them prior to bulldozing.

La la la la.

ETA:
    So bulldozing lot works. Advice to people who have things stuck on lots:
    * Put anything you can into personal or home inventory prior to doing this; paintings, unique objects won or received somehow, cooked meals in the fridge.
    * As long as you harvest your planter boxes prior, just go replant the highest quality item and they grow fast enough. There's no way to save gardened plants.
  • MeldisElvellonMeldisElvellon Posts: 72 New Member
    edited September 2014
    I have no mods, no CC (beyond a few gallery downloads for my house), running on Win 7 64 bit, and have the DVD version.

I've also run into the skill bar getting stuck over a sim's head. It seemed to be stuck somehow after he'd finished a skilling activity, and even overwrote future skilling activities, and basically looks like a full skill bar with no aura that never goes away regardless of what he does. Resetsim works to fix it.

I've also noticed my sims sometimes choosing strange angles to talk at. It's not consistent, it's more like the game isn't too concerned with lining them up realistically and sometimes goes with illogical angles, such as two sims talking while facing away from each other. It makes sense this might allow for better multitasking conversations, but it's strange when neither of them are doing anything else beyond just standing around.
  • BWpunisherBWpunisher Posts: 169 Member
    Origin version. No CC.
    i7 at 1.73 GHz
    GTX 460M 1.5 GB
    6 GB's RAM
    Windows 8.1

Cannot put caught fish from my inventory into the fridge. Game won't let me but I can store what I harvested from gardening....so far.
  • kahalekahale Posts: 2 New Member
    I had an issue when I went into CAS while in game using a mirror. I had a petite Sim that didn't have muscle definition. Once I got into CAS it made her look like a female body builder. I tried canceling out but it still saved. She never returned to normal muscle definition...
  • katrinakrakishkatrinakrakish Posts: 355 Member
    My sims forks will stay in their hand after eating a meal.
    Origin account: Vegeta_tales
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top