Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Base Game Bug Thread - Please read the first post before posting

Comments

• SimlishaSimlisha Posts: 49 Member
    > @vancanuckfan86 said:
    > Hello, me again unfourtunately!!
    >
    > The "1, 2, ' and 3" keyboard shortcuts will sometimes not work in previously saved games.
    >
    > The only fix I found for this, was creating a new save file and saving, and then going back to my old save file.

Same issue on vanilla game.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    @NatalieJuicyPop
    1. After cooking or while they eat ?
    2. Not sure either, I'll ask around
    3. Added you to the issue
    4. Did you invite one in to see if that makes them stop ?
    5. You're doing fine. No worries. I also don't to the reporting spam (unless it's vulgar)

@AdrianoFox: On the list

@vuhhjaymex: Thanks. I'll add that solution

@vancanuckfan86: On the list

@MeldisElvellon: Added although resolved :)

@ts3seml
    • Are they cheap or expensive items ? Did you try if replacing makes them last longer ?
    • Added you to the issue
    • Reproducible ?
    • Not sure what to say. Not something I'm going to put on the list
    • Added
    • I'll keep in mind if there are more reports
    • Added
    • I'll keep in mind if it gets reported more often

@SimSassybree: Added your first issue. Did you try resetting the sim for your second one ?

@mem1989: I don't have a solution at this point. Sorry

@ts3seml: Ok. Thanks

@PuddinsPet: Not sure what's up with that yet but there might be some kind of auto-reset feature if a Sim is bugged. Put on list to investigate

@Aiasa: Stupid maid. She seems full of bugs. Does she still come ? Not sure what you could to. Maybe switch houses ?

@Gothfortune: Try adding a link with spaces between the . whatever. Maybe that works. Pics would be good

@OblvionIV: Could you upload your savegame somewhere and PM me the link ?

@Simlisha: On the list

--- UPDATED THROUGH HERE ---

Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    Don't know if this is a feature but when I give sims a second outfit the outfits are not locked in as the wear until I change it. For example, I gave my pregnant sim something more fitting for her maternity because her original outfit bugged me but when I have her go off the home lot, she is in the original outfit I just changed her from. Everyone have a second outfit and they are changing to all types of wear when they don't have to.

Are you using mods (Please answer with: Yes, Never, Removed) --> It's essential that stuff is tested on vanilla games so remove your mods before reporting a bug.
    Answer: Totally vanilla
    Are you using custom content (as in clothing and objects) ?
    Answer: No
    What is your Operating System (XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1) ?
    Answer: Win 8.1
    Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?
    Answer: Digital download from Origin.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Kylia86Kylia86 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited September 2014
    Are you using mods? Never
    Are you using custom content (as in clothing and objects) ? Never
    What is your Operating System (XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1) ? Win 7 64 bit system
    Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? Downloaded via Origin

I just made a new family, had a baby...all was going great until I had my guy go for a run, now his hygiene is orange and no amount of showers, baths, or brushing of his teeth will fix it and its making his wife angry! I tried to debug him/reset him, it doesn't do anything except move him 2 feet.

Edit: Seems sending him off to work fixed him!
    Post edited by Kylia86 on
  • MeldisElvellonMeldisElvellon Posts: 72 New Member
    Using no mods, no CC beyond lots/rooms from the gallery, Win 7 64 bit, DVD.

Since it seemed a bit uncertain, I'm seconding the issue with songwriting on the guitar. It doesn't always happen to me so it's difficult to reproduce, but sometimes when my musical sim is composing a new song on the guitar, cancelling won't actually stop her. She'll keep playing with a crossed out icon in her action box (forget what the game called that area, sorry). Doing a resetsim on her did get her to stop so I didn't need to try moving her family out or anything.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited September 2014
    When your in cameraman mode you can't pause the game with the p button or unpause it if you paused it before you went into cameraman mode. I'm using the ts3 camera.

Also sims occasionally teleport off picnic tables.

Testingcheats doesn't work when your in neighborhood view before you go into the game and in game it stops working when you go on a community lot. Also there is no way for us to adjust the relationship and need sliders anymore unless we use the mailbox cheat and those are useless on a community lot.

Apparently there is no way to add ceilings as I tried. The premade houses don't have them.
  • xxaznztarxxxxaznztarxx Posts: 92 Member
    No mods, no cc
    Win 7 64 Bit
    Origin download

Sims wouldn't clean up plates. They would pick it up and then put it back down.
  • luengarkluengark Posts: 85 Member
    First of all, I am not using mods nor custom content. My OS is Windows 7 64 bits, I've got a digital copy from Origin.

-When in Magnolia Blossom Park I tried to edit the lot pressing the Building Mode button, it triggered the music but I was still on Live Mode. The music didn't go away until the song ended.

-Sometimes in CAS , pressing the undo button won't reverse certain modifications.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited September 2014
    Oh I'm not using cc or mods either. I forgot to mention that and I'm patched to the most recent version.
  • tnteasytnteasy Posts: 16 New Member
    edited September 2014
    > @vancanuckfan86 said:
    > Hello, me again unfourtunately!!
    >
    > The "1, 2, ' and 3" keyboard shortcuts will sometimes not work in previously saved games.
    >
    > The only fix I found for this, was creating a new save file and saving, and then going back to my old save file.

What i have found to work for sims with grey menus is to click on the two people icon over the briefcase icon on the Sims icon and click leave work early
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    @catloverplayer - When you are in cameraman mode, to pause and unpause the game, use the key with the little wavy line (with the accent mark underneath it). It's in the upper left-hand corner of your keyboard, right under the escape key.
  • blkbrry7blkbrry7 Posts: 4 New Member
    My sims has a skill progress bar over her head that will not go away. Appeared to happen while watching cooking show and talking on phone at the same time.

Using brand new PC with windows 8... No mods or custom content.
  • cavmaster1128cavmaster1128 Posts: 4 New Member
    Okay, so whenever I send my sims on a date, they never actually call anyone.
  • shellzshellz Posts: 5 New Member
    I had a bug where in my career I needed to get to gaming level 9, I actually got to level 10 max but it didn't work. Luckily a restart sorted it.
  • NevillsNevills Posts: 505 Member
    No Mods or CC, Win 7 - Downloaded from Origin

Whenever my Sim talks to another Sim, the person she's talking to disappears (that or they have an invisibility cloak). She still converses with them, I just can't see them or make her interact with them once they've disappeared.
    I'm a WoW playing, Doctor Who watching, Harry Potter reading, fan fiction writing simmer who is without a doubt a geek (and sometimes a super hero).

My wishlist
  • SimsfreakmaniacSimsfreakmaniac Posts: 140 Member
    edited September 2014
    Saw a townie jogged in the distance. Townie was deformed....stretched out twisted arms :/
    crinrict wrote: »

@Simsfreakmaniac: Are you using custom content ? What are your basic specs ?

Dell XPS 15Z Laptop
    i5 2.4GHz
    6G RAM
    Win 7 Home Premium
    Nvidia GT 525M
    Origin version/vanilla game

Upon starting the game, the specs were set as low but I increased it to medium. Didn't experience any ill effect from that a part from the deformed jogging townie and only saw that once during a four hour play session. I'll reset to low and see if I encounter it again
  • leosgrl88leosgrl88 Posts: 23 Member
    edited September 2014
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > Sims don't get jealous when they see their spouse woohooing with another and may even flirt with their spouses lover.

@catloverplayer

My wife got extremely upset and went off on her husband when she walked in on him cheating.
  • renzillarenzilla Posts: 725 Member
    edited September 2014
    renzilla wrote: »
    Are you using mods? No
    Are you using custom content? No
    What is your Operating System? Windows 8.1
    Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game? Digital download

The problems I have experienced so far are:
    1. Even when you put lots of lights in a home, Sims stay relatively dark compared to the walls or furniture (see this picture)
    2. Pregnant Sims showing almost instantly (Right after I took the pregnancy test that I took right after Trying for Baby)
    3. Forks stuck in hands well after the Sim was done eating
    4. Showers still running and neither having a Sim use it nor buying a new one fixed it
    5. Sims that are sitting on the couch all of a sudden appear in the middle of the room (standing up)
    crinrict wrote: »
    @renzilla
    1. What are you're basic specs ?
    2. I saw that too. Unsure at this point if it's a bug. Added you though
    3. Try resetting or taking to the dresser. I've added the issue
    4. Did you try replacing the wall behind it ?
    5. Just one Sim or did all of them reset ? I saw a complete reset in my game where all were suddenly standing next to their chair. I think the game auto-reset something because of a problem so if it's an isolated incident, I won't add yet

My specs are:

Windows 8.1 64-bit
    AMD A-10 4600M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics ~2.3 GHz
    AMD Radeon HD 7660G (0x9900) (has 3 GB of memory)
    6GB RAM

By default the game put me on Medium settings and I tried to fix the lighting problem by putting Lighting on High but it didn't help. And on the last point, it was only one Sim, not all.

By the way, I found a new bug. I'm playing a 6-people household and I send one to the gym at around 4 AM and leave everyone else at home asleep. Once I'm at the gym, the icons of everyone back at home are gray and "Fine", and I knew this wasn't right because one of those Sims I left back at home was VERY sleepy and VERY hungry. Anyway, when I got back to the house, everyone was out of their beds and in the front of the house (and STILL sleepy and hungry!), like when you first load a new household.

Thanks for your help!
    edited September 2014
    > @Esseilte said:
    > No CC, no mods
    > I put food away in the fridge, but there isn't an option to eat leftover.

@Esseilte You have to click on the refrigerator, click open and there you will see leftovers. You can then click on the leftover and select your option.
  • AdscorpAdscorp Posts: 9 New Member
    1. Bro sim isn't getting Energized while watching sports.

2. A friend of mine can't even launch the game, it just shows his mouse loading for two seconds; then NOTHING.

3. Sims leave the shower and there's a pretty long delay before their clothes reappear again!
  • Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited September 2014
    My sim also has a Skill progress bar stuck above the head, she got it when she was talking and sitting on the sofa with a friend.... And it won't go away still there even when she sleeps or does new tasks....

Using the DvD Version
    NO Mods or CC
    Desktop Computer
    Windows 7 64bit, Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz ( 4CPUs ), ~2.7GHz,
    8192MB RAM,
    ATI Radeon HD 4650

Edit*
    So upon doing something else that is skill based, it switches to that skill progress bar but then once completed it goes back to the full skill progress bar that won't go away and stays there with any activity.... *sigh*

FIXED~
    So I saved my Game and exited the game and then reloaded my game up, and the skill bar is now gone!... Annoying it was nonetheless~
    Post edited by Shades302 on
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
    Are you using mods: Never
    Are you using custom content (as in clothing and objects) ? No
    What is your Operating System (XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1) ? Win 7
    Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? Download

I haven't seen this posted & I honestly don't know 100% that it's a bug, but ALL of my babies born in game are male. I have played 3 different households and have had a total of 10 babies. All have been a product of one night stands, affairs or blissful marriage. :p

Thanks
  • trueblood76trueblood76 Posts: 109 Member
    Are you using mods? Never.
    Are you using custom content (as in clothing and objects) ? No.
    What is your Operating System (XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1) ? Win 7
    Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? Download.

I have found that when I take my sims on a on a date to the public park in Willow Creek they keep cancelling their actions and try to go back home.
  • ccoleman457ccoleman457 Posts: 6 New Member
    The bug I have is with my third floor walls. I repeatedly get a wall doesn't exist message and can not add any walls to the third floor, but I can place items, wall papers, and windows.
  • Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited September 2014
    ahh Nvm....Silly forum can not post the picture yet i guess :p.
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top