Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Base Game Bug Thread - Please read the first post before posting

Comments

• TibbieTibbie Posts: 12 New Member
    I am also experiencing the testingcheats true turning off every time a loading screen occurs and further to this the 'stop needs decaying' from the testingcheats also doesn't stop the hygeine need from decaying when working out (have not tested anything else yet). No CC or mods and yes I have updated origin and I am running windows 7. Thank you :)
  • foolinthemoonfoolinthemoon Posts: 10 New Member
    Oh good, I was looking for such a thread!

I had a radio that broke, while my sim attempted to fix it, the radio caught fire. Once the fire was put out, my sim recieved insurance to replace the damaged item. However, when I replaced the radio, it was replaced with a broken version of the radio.
  • hdebruyn24hdebruyn24 Posts: 1 New Member
    Vanilla base game. My sim started a fire while cooking, and the fireman never came. Caught fire and died, whole house nearly went up before other sim got home and put the fire out.
  • JasonSim16JasonSim16 Posts: 466 Member
    1.) I LOVE LOVE LOVE the game! It's so polished and clear! And I'm already falling in love with my Sim me! The only issues I have with the game is sometimes when people are far away they look like monsters. Like they're shaped as if they were in CAS pre-development. It looks like monsters walking around in the background so hopefully that can be fixed. And I love the game and have so much more to play but my only complaint is the fact that on the laptop there's no tilt option for the camera. I kinda wish the camera angles were the same as in Sims 3. Other then that, awesome job Maxis! And I know it was planned and it worked because I already can't wait for expansions; particularly Seasons! But I am SO thankful short loading screens, reliability; I played the game all day and it didn't crash ONCE! And it's smooth and awesome graphics! It's neat to see the neat interactions with all the Sims!
    71rbpi.png
  • MadeULookMadeULook Posts: 13 New Member
    In the vanilla base game my sim went to work to only come back and not being able to access any of the UI. I couldn't check ANYTHING. Not my skills, needs, job, everything! It keeps saying my sim is not on the lot when they clearly are. It just says they are still at their job and it's driving me crazy. This bug is so game breaking and needs to be fixed ASAP. I haven't discovered a temp workaround yet but I will update if I do.

Are you using mods - Nope
    Are you using custom content (as in clothing and objects) ? Nope Again
    What is your Operating System (XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1) ? Win 7 64 Bit
    Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? Origin
  • PandaSpiritPandaSpirit Posts: 127 Member
    Game Version: Premium Edition DVD
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA gtx 750 ti
    I have CC (clothing, make up, and default eyes)
    No mods. (never)

*Some foods becomes invisible, mostly scrambled eggs.

*I'm not sure if this is a glitch or not but I can put paintings on the windows.

*there's been a problem where Don Lothario went invisible when my sim ran up to him to talk,

*Having same issue as iGlamLou with the intrusive neighbors.

I tried to make sure I didn't make any paragraphs. I hope this is an okay comment. I also hope these two of these glitches were submitted yet. I wouldn't want to spam :/

Windows 7 (64 bit)

Premium edition
    445.png
    The best time to wear a striped sweater, is all the time.
    One with a collar turtle neck!!! That's the kind!!
  • AdrianoFoxAdrianoFox Posts: 47 Member
    "headlineeffects off" isn't hiding the Plumbobs
  • vuhhjaymexvuhhjaymex Posts: 5 New Member
    @ashcarr I may have found a temporary fix for the coming home from work if you have someone else in your household.
    You can have the other person visit somewhere and click on the little people in the other sims icon and say "take care of self". Then when you bring the other sim home they should be free!
    I realized that even when my sim didn't have a job (quitting was the only way to free them) they had the icon saying "work normally" always, so I figured other icons that have to replace that could prevent it. At least until they make a patch, which is hopefully soon!
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Hello, me again unfourtunately!!

The "1, 2, ' and 3" keyboard shortcuts will sometimes not work in previously saved games.

The only fix I found for this, was creating a new save file and saving, and then going back to my old save file.
  • MeldisElvellonMeldisElvellon Posts: 72 New Member
    edited September 2014
    I already posted in the technical forum since I missed this thread, so I'll put it here to be safe (plus I found another one I think!). I have no mods or CC in my game beyond a downloaded house from the gallery (which is working great). I'm playing on Windows 7 with the DVD version.

Group conversations keep doing strange things, mostly since they seem to be prioritized a bit too high. The most annoying by far was when it nearly prevented my wedding party from having an actual wedding in it. My bride kept trying to marry the groom, but they kept prioritizing the group discussion and never got around to actually getting married. I "fixed" it by reloading the game, and even then it took a couple tries.

Another wedding bug: After they finally got married, it opened the merge household window, and when I was done and returned to the game, the groom was suddenly at home, all the guests were gone, and the party UI had vanished. Only the bride (my active sim) remained at the venue, still in her wedding dress.

Also, the serenade on the guitar doesn't seem to be working properly for me. Her husband will be right next to her, and the serenade option will still be greyed out saying she needs a love interest nearby. Haven't found a workaround for this one yet.
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    JasonSim16 wrote: »
    1.) I LOVE LOVE LOVE the game! It's so polished and clear! And I'm already falling in love with my Sim me! The only issues I have with the game is sometimes when people are far away they look like monsters. Like they're shaped as if they were in CAS pre-development. It looks like monsters walking around in the background so hopefully that can be fixed. And I love the game and have so much more to play but my only complaint is the fact that on the laptop there's no tilt option for the camera. I kinda wish the camera angles were the same as in Sims 3. Other then that, awesome job Maxis! And I know it was planned and it worked because I already can't wait for expansions; particularly Seasons! But I am SO thankful short loading screens, reliability; I played the game all day and it didn't crash ONCE! And it's smooth and awesome graphics! It's neat to see the neat interactions with all the Sims!

In the options menu you can change the camera controls to sims 3 settings. That was one of the first things I did once I started playing.
  • ts3semlts3seml Posts: 440 Member
    • Things break a lot. I don't know if this is supposed to be like this or not. Multiple things break every day and the same items have broken multiple times in a short time.
    • Groom went home and households didn't merge after a wedding at home.
    • Game locked up when putting on a roof.
    • Lots have a lot of women. not evenly balanced.
    • The same sims keep coming over and over again and they come over a lot.
    • My sims boyfriend never sleeps at night when spending the night. Glad he cleans a lot.
    • The stretch option for exercise doesn't work. Sim just stands still.
    • A lot of talking back to back and at odd angles.

Sounds like a lot but runs pretty smoothly.
  • DaethaqtDaethaqt Posts: 760 Member
    hdebruyn24 wrote: »
    Vanilla base game. My sim started a fire while cooking, and the fireman never came. Caught fire and died, whole house nearly went up before other sim got home and put the fire out.

I don't believe Firemen are in the game!!

• SimSassybreeSimSassybree Posts: 473 Member
    Everyone
    1.Are you using mods? Never

2.Are you using custom content (as in clothing and objects) ? No
    3.What is your Operating System (XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1) ? Win 7
    4.Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? DVD

Well mine are so far fairly minor but thought I would bring them up.
    1. When I made a sim family I made sure that the family had correct relationships, when I loaded their household they recognized each other as husband/wife/mother/etc... but they had no relationships with each other. They even had to introduce themselves to each other, maybe they had mass amnesia or something. I am fairly sure this is a bug and not a feature so I thought I would say something.

2. I had an npc sim freeze while entering a door, it worked out fine because my sim just walked right by and the npc sort of teleported out of it. So in the end the system worked, but the fact that they froze I figure is worth reporting.

I am racking my brain, but this is all I remember as far as bugs or buggish things go
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    @mwdonohue: I hear testingcheats isn't working all the time and for me it constantly resets maybe it has something to do with that

@ebuchala: In Sims 3 it helped to delete the cache files but I'm unsure which you need to delete for Sims 4

@Eraste: Added your issue

@TheZoobler: See you got your all stuck world fixed

@invertere3: Is it reproducible and is this the only problem you have with loading screens ?

@wulfin: Did you try if the modify in CAS cheat works for you (with testing cheats) ? Also what about the mirror ?

@Lightests: Glad it's solved

@khynnea:
    • Try testingcheats and shift click on it. There might be an option to reset (debug). Maybe that works.
    • Since it's already on the list :)
    • Seems there's a general problem with key loosing their functionally. Try reloading.
    • Not sure atm. I noticed some oddness with the search tool too. I've added

@Desirai: Do they eat faster when they don't talk ? I mean there's the timer around the food. Does that get longer when they talk ?

@WillyDark0: I'm also unsure if that is a bug. It may be intentional

@Elmawa: Added

@Sadieelove: Yeah, there seem a lot of weirdness like that. You can try resetting her next time

@Eraste: Really weird. Did try starting a completely new game ?

@ofri: Did you try resetting her ?

@simbilN99: Did you try replacing it ?

@Sadieelove: Refer to the third post for that

@vuhhjaymex: Added

@ts3seml
    • Any necklace ? Added
    • Did you try to turn on the Sims smoothness or whatever it's called in the options ?
    • On the list
    • Yeah, I noticed that too. Seems to be an extra attractive room. Added
    • Is he supposed to be there 24/7 ? What time was it ?
    • Yeah, there's a lot of clipping

@vancanuckfan86: I think jogging is the new running everywhere. I think it's on purpose although my Sim never jogged.

@thatonegirl32: Good to hear that you fixed it

@MrDensilter: It's graphic chip related. Since probably 90% of all laptop users have a dual graphic system, my guess is that they all need to make sure their game is running on the card and not the chip

@Kurisutaru: Thanks for that report. Seems there's many roads leading to fix that bug.

@ejwlover203: Did you try moving out and back in ? I'll add for now.

@miimooo: Added

@simbilN99: Remove your mods, try again and with further crashing issues, post in tech. Please read the first post. Thank you

@TheMaddestMadam: It's been reported by many and I'm trying to find out if it's a bug. For the future, please only report your own bugs

@GurlGamer05: added

@KimZ1111: added

--- TBC ---
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• mem1989mem1989 Posts: 26 New Member
    >
    > mem1989: I'll add but see ewilson1114 answer below ?
    >

Nothing works. Literary nothing.

I did it several times, tried different families, even moved to another house. Reloaded my computer, started the game using link on my desktop and through Origin, so I did tried everything I could think of. In the end I deleted the game and re-installed it, it still doesn't help. Now I'm deleting the game with save files and this is my last hope. Do you think you can help me in any other way? Thank you!
  • MeldisElvellonMeldisElvellon Posts: 72 New Member
    The guitar thing resolved itself the next sim day. As mentioned, my female sim was unable to serenade her husband since it thought there were no romantic interests nearby (apparently not counting her husband with a maxed romance bar!), but the next day she was able to serenade him just fine. I can' think of anything I did differently, other than the first time I tried was the same day as the glitchy wedding, so it might have been related to that somehow.
  • mem1989mem1989 Posts: 26 New Member
    > @vancanuckfan86 said:
    > Hello, me again unfourtunately!!
    >
    > The "1, 2, ' and 3" keyboard shortcuts will sometimes not work in previously saved games.
    >
    > The only fix I found for this, was creating a new save file and saving, and then going back to my old save file.

@vancanuckfan86, how did you do it? Did you just used "save as" and not "save" option in the game? Please give some instructions, as those 123 are ruining my game(
  • uhlissuhroseuhlissuhrose Posts: 144 Member
    edited September 2014
    Edit: nevermind I am just dumb. lol
    k0ac2.gif
  • ts3semlts3seml Posts: 440 Member
    Is he supposed to be there 24/7 ? What time was it ?
    Don't know what time it was. I am thinking Sunday afternoon around 2pm. I'll pay attention next time.

I tested the sweater and it is all necklaces.
  • PuddinsPetPuddinsPet Posts: 112 Member
    ASUS G75V Series Laptop
    i7 2.3GHz(overclocks to 3.3)
    12G RAM
    Win 7 Premium
    Nvidia GT 670M
    DVD version/vanilla game

Took sim to Oasis Springs from Willow Creek home to Rattlesnake Lounge and set sim to tend mixology bar. Had no trouble until I had the sim "make" a drink, something the sim had been doing while tending on the lot 7-8 times previously during the visit, when all sims on the lot and the mixology bar reset to a neutral position. All interactions that had been occurring had stopped, drinks that had been on the bar were gone, and my sim that had been in the middle of mixing was idle with all actions cleared. My sim was in a happy mood, all motives were good, had no in game notice of any error, and no motive cheats were being used when this occurred. I can not remember which drink was being mixed at the time. Until that point I had had no game issues or problems.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    @Peacocktail18: Try resetting her

@Simsfreakmaniac: Are you using custom content ? What are your basic specs ?

@Elmawa: I had a door disappear but I didn't check my family inventory. Added

@Simlisha: Did you also try resetting her ?

@Elyssandariel: Did you try replacing the shower or the wall behind it and reset your Sim ?

@renzilla
    1. What are you're basic specs ?
    2. I saw that too. Unsure at this point if it's a bug. Added you though
    3. Try resetting or taking to the dresser. I've added the issue
    4. Did you try replacing the wall behind it ?
    5. Just one Sim or did all of them reset ? I saw a complete reset in my game where all were suddenly standing next to their chair. I think the game auto-reset something because of a problem so if it's an isolated incident, I won't add yet

@OblvionIV: Does it allow you to move her again ?

@steve7859: Did you try replacing the stairs ?

@Penelope: I had that too. Mine just stop coming after a while. I think I've added it to the list already.

@samsam99: Not sure. Isn't it teens that can be babysitters ?

@Daethaqt: Please post in the thread linked in the third post.

@mwdonohue: Could you elaborate what you mean by screen tearing ? Not sure I know the term. Might be what I saw too though. I only saw it on ultra settings though and my card isn't really that great. Do you mean you turned in game vsync off and used the one from your card ?

@Sincerbox: Yeah, there's several reports on that bug. Added you to the list

@Laurita721: Please make your own thread in tech and include your DxDiag

@Desirai: Oh I see. Oh well

@Tibbie: Added

@foolinthemoon: Does it work if you delete it and buy a new one ?

@hdebruyn24: There's no fireman. Install a sprinkler

@JasonSim16: What are your basic specs ?

@MadeULook: Added you to the issue.

-- TBC--

Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• AiasaAiasa Posts: 2 New Member
    edited September 2014
    @crinrict
    >
    > Aiasa: Do you not have the option or does it not work ?
    >
    I have the option, it just doesn't work.
  • GothfortuneGothfortune Posts: 7 New Member
    edited September 2014
    Summary: One large room can be made to appear as though it is two separate, non-closed rooms by erasing a fence with stairs.

Details: I wanted one section of my floor to be missing and looking out onto the story below (think 3 Sim Lane from The Sims 1). Because we can no longer delete individual floor tiles I sectioned off the area with fences and deleted the floor within the fences. As soon as I closed off the fence (one side of which was actually the real wall) it started treating the rest of the room as not being connected, and it caused my roof to clip into the interior of the house (despite there being walls there!). Placing stairs allows one section of the fence to be deleted without restoring the missing floor tiles (because deleting the fence by hand will cause them to come back), but only from the upper floor. If the stairs are added from the lower floor, it acts as if the fence was deleted by hand and will restore the floor tiles. However, in my experience this does not fix the issue where the big room is considered broken and there is no way to replace the roof such that it does not come inside the house except by using Undo until before the point at which I originally placed the fence.

Edit: I have a link to a thread on another site where another user and I figure out what was happening, including a lot of pictures, but I am apparently not allowed to post links.

Edit 2: http : //www . reddit . com/ r/ thesims/ comments/ 2fbsma/ delete_individual_floor_tiles/
    Post edited by Gothfortune on
  • OblvionIVOblvionIV Posts: 3 New Member
    edited September 2014
    > @crinrict said:

> OblvionIV: Does it allow you to move her again ?

No as a mater of fact when I do it Its Says "Sim not Found"

on top of that The toolbar with the needs and everything is grayed out and when I hover over It with the cursor it tells me that she is not on the lot
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top