Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Base Game Bug Thread - Please read the first post before posting

Comments

• LightestsLightests Posts: 853 Member
    found out the issue with writing a song -- you need level 8 violin first :P
    tumblr_n4lzmoWGk41s7cn3go1_400.gif
  • thatonegirl32thatonegirl32 Posts: 130 Member
    edited September 2014
    While my sim was painting, I stopped her so she could answer her door, and now the paintbrush is stuck to her hand. When she continues to do other things, the paintbrush leaves her hand, but kind of just floats in front of her until she's done, and then it returns.

Edit: Seems to have fixed itself when I had my sim travel to another lot. :)
  • MrDensilterMrDensilter Posts: 4 New Member
    deformed babies is the most popular bug ever since it release :)
  • KurisutaruKurisutaru Posts: 70 Member
    Are you using mods: No
    Are you using custom content (as in clothing and objects) ?: No
    What is your Operating System (XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1): Windows 7
    Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?: Download

This is similar to the "stuck object to hand" just posted above, but it was with my Sim's cell phone. I was able to fix it by going to the dresser and hopping into CAS, then exiting out.
  • ejwlover203ejwlover203 Posts: 57 Member
    My sim is a level 8 guitarist and when he goes to write a song he plays and plays even when I cancel the action. I have to reset him. I've tried for (sim) hours to see if he'd skill up or write the darn song, but he hasn't. If I jam or whatever else the actions are for leveling up it works fine, but writing a song will not work for me. It's not allowing me to get him advanced in is job. Any answers?
  • miimooomiimooo Posts: 2 New Member
    edited September 2014
    Bills arriving when off the home lot can't be paid. They appear in inventory, can click "pay bills" but the interaction is automatically cancelled before it gets active. No "pay bills" options on phone or computer either. Power got shut off, water got shut off, still can't pay the bills.

Managed to circumvent it by merging my current household with the Goth family, then separating the households, moving in to an empty lot and building a new house.

Then new bills arrived on that Monday, which can't be interacted with. Only solution thus far is to create a new game.

ETA: Using no mods, no CC, no nothing.
  • simbilN99simbilN99 Posts: 273 Member
    Using mods for eye both default and non=clothing-make up

Win OS 7 64 bit version

Crash to desktop upon entering Magnoila Blossom park from map view with family of sims

Assuming this might be useful-copied from what looked like an exception file

<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
    <report><version>2</version><sessionid>1038080301952139297</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4.13.pc</sku><createtime>2014-09-02 16:44:42</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.0.0.0.0.Debug</buildsignature><categoryid>super_interaction.py:2801</categoryid><desyncid>1038080301952139297</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata> File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\super_interaction.py", line 2851, in _cancel File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\sim.py", line 2873, in posture AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'body' </desyncdata></report>
    <report><version>2</version><sessionid>1038080301952139297</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4.13.pc</sku><createtime>2014-09-02 16:44:42</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.0.0.0.0.Debug</buildsignature><categoryid>super_interaction.py:2801</categoryid><desyncid>1038080301952139297</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata> File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\super_interaction.py", line 2851, in _cancel File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\sim.py", line 2873, in posture AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'body' </desyncdata></report>
    </root>
  • TheMaddestMadamTheMaddestMadam Posts: 91 Member
    I've not got the game yet myself, but I have been reading a lot in threads that a good amount of people are having issues with last names not changing when sims get married. (In case no one reported that yet..)
  • GurlGamer05GurlGamer05 Posts: 336 Member
    edited September 2014
    I'm having an issue with my lifespan settings. I changed it from normal to long. I saved the game and just so happened to go back into game options again and it's back on normal :(

I'm on Windows 7 with no mods/cc and I have the download version.
  • KimZ1111KimZ1111 Posts: 10 New Member
    Child sim has want to Woohoo from feeling flirty. :-/
  • Peacocktail18Peacocktail18 Posts: 89 Member
    Hey guys, experiencing a"bug" in which my Sim will only eat half of her food and then set it back down on the table/counter. Her hunger need is usually about half full or lower. It seems that she cannot finish 1 plate of food to fulfill her hunger need. I just end up cooking a few meals so that she can eat half of all of them...
    qWTILUF.png

• SimsfreakmaniacSimsfreakmaniac Posts: 140 Member
    Saw a townie jogged in the distance. Townie was deformed....stretched out twisted arms :/
  • ElmawaElmawa Posts: 2,281 Member
    Went to a community lot and when my sims returned home, the fridge was missing! lol However it was there in my family inventory when I opened build/buy....so..yeah. I've gone to community lots several times before and since with no issues like that.
    My game is freshly installed and vanilla, never had mods installed thus far.
  • SimlishaSimlisha Posts: 49 Member
    edited September 2014
    My sim has an invisible coffee mug stuck in his hand. He can't eat or perform certain interactions with his hand/arm stuck in the "holding a cup" position :( I feel an impending death coming soon...

I had my female sim get a fork stuck on her hand but it eventually went away after I slept. This coffee mug issue is different.

Edit: After a full pc system restart my sim was back to normal.
  • ElyssandarielElyssandariel Posts: 556 Member
    edited September 2014
    Are you using mods? Never
    Are you using custom content (as in clothing and objects) ? Never
    What is your Operating System Vista,
    Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? Download

My shower animation keeps running, I know that's already been reported.

My sim got a fork stuck to his hand until he showered again or slept, I can't remember which.

Post edited by Elyssandariel on
    tumblr_inline_mw78cm2WhN1qajk9h.gif
    Thicker Than Thieves: A sim legacy story

• renzillarenzilla Posts: 725 Member
    edited September 2014
    Are you using mods? No
    Are you using custom content? No
    What is your Operating System? Windows 8.1
    Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game? Digital download

The problems I have experienced so far are:
    1. Even when you put lots of lights in a home, Sims stay relatively dark compared to the walls or furniture (see this picture)
    2. Pregnant Sims showing almost instantly (Right after I took the pregnancy test that I took right after Trying for Baby)
    3. Forks stuck in hands well after the Sim was done eating
    4. Showers still running and neither having a Sim use it nor buying a new one fixed it
    5. Sims that are sitting on the couch all of a sudden appear in the middle of the room (standing up)

I realize some of these are already on the list, but I thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to mention them anyway to demonstrate how common they are.

Oh and btw, I don't think the "Troll teh Forums" thing is a typo. They're just trying to be funny like people on meme websites where they misspell "the" on purpose.
  • OblvionIVOblvionIV Posts: 3 New Member
    edited September 2014
    Quick update: I tried the cheat resetsim but it responded Sim not found Even though her portrait is still selected( it still thinks she selected) also she still has the icon to move but when I click anywhere nothing pops up. also the bar with the needs and everything is grayed out also saying that My sim {Jessica Rabbit for the record} is not there. Ill contiune to try other things but for now this were it stands
  • steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    Sims wont walk down the stairs they only walk up them, when they go to walk down they just disappear then apear instantly at the bottom.

• PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited September 2014
    The maids are definitely buggy. I already reported that my maid kept freezing in front of the refrigerator except for doing a strange, jerky, repetitive head movement. Well, now the maid has disappeared completely as if they'd never hired him to begin with. My Sims now have the option to hire another maid, but they'd never actually fired the first one. He just disappeared. Very glitchy.

No mods/cc. Windows 7, using the disc version of the game. 64-bit. Nvidia Geforce GTX 260.
  • samsam99samsam99 Posts: 18 New Member
    edited September 2014
    I play the vanilla base game with no mods. Using download version on windows 7.

The baby is sent to daycare when the parents are working. The child sim I have comes home from school and the baby comes back from daycare. SO..the problem is the baby has a dirty diaper and is hungry but the child can't change it or feed it. The baby just keeps crying and screaming and I have to wait for the parents to come home from work. So if the child acts as a babysitter why can't they do anything with the baby? Very annoying.
  • DaethaqtDaethaqt Posts: 760 Member
    edited September 2014
    @Daethaqt: Sorry, I don't understand what you are trying to say

Regarding my Missing casDemo Sims problem, Thats how I get them in the full game. I upload them to the gallery from CASDemo Then Download them from The Gallery while in Full Game.

I also would like to say Babies are glitched they are seriously stretched out!!! Almost Exploded.

09-02-14_10-46nbspPM.png09-02-14_10-46nbspPM-4.png09-02-14_10-39nbspPM-2.png09-02-14_10-39nbspPM.png

Edited because I forgot to quote.
  • mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    Serious screen tearing when moving camera even with vsync on. Have to use Radeon pro to fix
  • SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    edited September 2014
    Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
    Memory: 32768MB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    Graphics Card is Radeon R9 280x

Are you using mods - Never.
    Are you using custom content (as in clothing and objects) ? No. Never.
    What is your Operating System (XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1) ? Win 7 Pro 64-bit
    Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? Origin Digital

I think this is similar to one already reported. Just adding for more information. Context. I had been fiddling around with the game options trying to "turn off" game tips when to my dismay I reset the tutorial. I had saved the game while my sim was at work before she came home. I used the tip from SimVip for disabling tutorial through the command line
    --no_tutorial

. I think it unlikely the no-tutorial trick is related but I include the info for context. When I loaded the saved game my sim had returned from work but her icon was bugged showing she was still at work. Resetsim had no effect. Moving the household to another house did not fix it.

ReturnFromWorkBug.jpg
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Laurita721Laurita721 Posts: 48 New Member
    edited September 2014
    My screen goes black when I select any object in buy mode. I then have to close game and the same thing happens. Everything else is fine but pretty useless without buy mode. Anyone have any advice urgently, as I will need to ask for refund if I cannot use on my laptop in next few hours. Please help :(

Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
    Memory: 6144MB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    Graphics Card is Intel HD Graphics 4000

Are you using mods - No
    Are you using custom content (as in clothing and objects) ? No.
    What is your Operating System (XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1) ? Win 8.1 64-bit
    Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? Origin Digital
  • DesiraiDesirai Posts: 1,058 Member
    crinrict wrote: »

Typos/Language issues
    • It says: Troll teh forums

BTW, This isn't a typo, this is intentional. This reference obviously went over the head of whomever reported it.
    What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top