Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Base Game Bug Thread - Please read the first post before posting

Comments

• LewanaM00nLewanaM00n Posts: 321 Member
    Okay weird glitch here. So I put the guitar in the inventory of my Sims and made her play. Then I canceled the action but the guitar stucks on her whatever she was doing

Pictures here : http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/776602/the-best-glitch-ever-aka-i-love-my-guitar#latest
  • jirlucfanjirlucfan Posts: 447 Member
    1 + 2. The only mod/custom content I am using is this: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/773410/additional-eyes/p1
    3. Windows 8.1
    4. DVD Version

My problem:
    Whenever I make a save and then restart the game, I get this:
    ""The save game you are attempting to load was saved with a newer version of The Sims 4 than is currently installed. Please update in order to safely load this save game."

The game already updated after I installed it.. Plus, when I get into the game, I can't even build in build mode. Nothing shows up when I try to build walls, I get charged simoleons, and if I exit and re-enter only Build Mode, the walls I was trying to build magically show up but I can't delete them..
  • Saskia507Saskia507 Posts: 649 Member
    Found another one and haven't seen it posted yet. Its uncommon but sometimes when you go into your first game it wont let you use the keyboard controls to pause and speed 1 2 or 3. You have to exit out and go back in and it works fine or it did the first time. Just thought I'd let you know.
  • jirlucfanjirlucfan Posts: 447 Member
    1 + 2. The only mod/custom content I am using is this: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/773410/additional-eyes/p1
    3. Windows 8.1
    4. DVD Version

My problem:
    Whenever I make a new save, it just saves as Slot_00000002.SAVE, Slot_00000003.SAVE, etc. Doesn't save the name that I give the save file..
  • EsseilteEsseilte Posts: 7 New Member
    > @Ixath said:
    > Esseilte When you log in click the thing to open up the community and click your name and then Log In. I was having the same problem because I wasn't actually connected. This solved the problem for me.

Thank you, this at least retrieved all the sims I had made. Unfortunately not see the 1,000 sims I downloaded. LOL Thanks for this, though!
  • phate_phoenixphate_phoenix Posts: 62 Member
    Okay, so, one of my sims was playing chess with another sim using the Chessmaster chess table, and now the full Logic Skill bar above her head isn't going away. In fact, she is gaining more and more completion percentage in Logic with every passing moment. It's at 589% Complete, Level 1 right now.

The other sim is not effected, but his Logic Skill bar is not full. (It's at 23% Complete, Level 1.)

Note that this glitched/bugged skill bar does not stop this sim from gaining other skill points, as she reached Skill Level 2 in Gardening while the full Logic Skill bar was above her head.

I'm gonna try resetting her now to see if that fixes it.

... Okay, so resetSim gets rid of the visual glitch--the Logic Skill bar is gone--but her Logic Skill completion percentage continues to increase with every second.
    crinrict wrote: »
    @phate_phoenix: Try moving the to a different house or switch households. I'll add

Just wanted to update you: moving households did work. And the sim was not given five levels in logic, like I was a little worried she might. She's at Logic Level 1, 20% Completion, and it is no longer increasing. Thank you!
  • PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited September 2014
    I have a bug with the maid. The maid came in and then stopped in front of the fridge not moving. He wasn't totally frozen, but he did this jerky repetitive head movement like he had a tick for the longest time while standing in front of the fridge. This has happened in my game twice so far. Both times he froze in the same spot in front of the fridge and made those jerky head movements while otherwise being frozen.

I have absolutely no mods/cc. I'm on Windows 7, and have the disc version of the game. My graphics card is an NVidia Geforce GTX 260.
    Post edited by Penelope on
  • ChainChain Posts: 126 Member
    No mods or custom content. Windows 7, digital copy.

One specific interaction - When a click my baby's bassinet and attempt to use the "Show Off To..." interaction my sim will go stand in front of the bassinet do nothing until I cancel the interaction. This happened multiple times.
  • KylerzmomKylerzmom Posts: 1,074 Member
    Not sure if this is a bug or an intended thing. I noticed the skill books in the library there are only one of. I went to learn mixology from a skill book but another sim was reading it already. I clicked on multiple bookshelves and none of them had it, I assume because he was reading it. She had read it a few days prior so I know it was available to her.

No mods
    No custom content
    Windows 7
    origin download

Thanks!
    You know nothing.
    1cc950bf-a674-44ca-8d69-a234571ea2f5_zps8d6da33b.jpg
  • ErasteEraste Posts: 5 New Member
    Not sure if this is a bug, or what's going on.

First, I'm running nothing but the game.

When I switch between locations, progress isn't saving. For example, my character finds a gem, I put it on the shelf; when I leave and come back, it's gone. When my character goes out and meets some people, upon returning home he forgot ever meeting them. My character gets a job, but upon leaving somewhere else, loses that job... stuff like that. Very difficult to play when you spend a bunch of time with a person and as soon as you leave them, they're strangers again.
  • tarynkaybtarynkayb Posts: 60 Member
    Ditto the glitched babies. Also glitched bassinet, probably the result of the glitched baby.
  • ron33079ron33079 Posts: 5 New Member
    i've noticed a glitch with mine i got married and my spouse's last name didn't change it's still her old name
  • ThoddyEAThoddyEA Posts: 108 Member
    edited September 2014
    When I have some activity qued on the side, they sometimes vanish for reasons I can't understand.<br />
    Perhaps because they would change, like if it was a little late at night. I que up some dinners, and before all that I sleep for so and so hours, and then it changes (because breakfast), but sometimes doesn't.

@Th3Gre3atest @Crinrict

Please check, if you are using emotion-based activties (with the colored piece on the left side). The activities are often time-based. If the time is over, the queued activity will vanish. I thought I had the same problem but than I noticed the activities were time and emotion based.

This poster is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
  • DaethaqtDaethaqt Posts: 760 Member
    I upload to the gallery log out of the Demo, Load in full game and then download into cas
  • mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    You can't fully edit the sims in cas with testingcheats. You can't modify the traits. And among other things.
  • ChainChain Posts: 126 Member
    Kylerzmom wrote: »
    Not sure if this is a bug or an intended thing. I noticed the skill books in the library there are only one of. I went to learn mixology from a skill book but another sim was reading it already. I clicked on multiple bookshelves and none of them had it, I assume because he was reading it. She had read it a few days prior so I know it was available to her.

No mods
    No custom content
    Windows 7
    origin download

Thanks!

Have you gone into "buy" mode while at the library and bought another book shelf? It's worth a try.
  • DesiraiDesirai Posts: 1,058 Member
    every time I go to the park, something bad happens in my game!! this time my game completely crashed :(
    What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    So, let me say this. I've tried this and it's not working out with this thread atm for me. The new forum is a pain to add links and it takes me forever to add stuff to the first page. Also most of the reports are pretty specific incidents that probably no once can recreate and hence will be difficult to fix.

This does not mean, that you can't report them. It just means, I won't add them all to the complied list. I can't handle this.

What I'll do is this. I'll try to answer all your questions/issues as before and you're welcome to post all your incidents but I will only add stuff that is less specific and very repeatable.

I wanna play the game myself and I can't do if I keep doing it the way I did before.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience and if anyone has an idea how this can be done differently, they are welcome to speak up to me (PM or on my wall)

I'll answer all new concerns in a moment.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    Are you using mods (Please answer with: Yes, Never, Removed) --> It's essential that stuff is tested on vanilla games so remove your mods before reporting a bug.
    Answer: Totally vanilla
    Are you using custom content (as in clothing and objects) ?
    Answer: No
    What is your Operating System (XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1) ?
    Answer: Win 8.1
    Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?
    Answer: Digital download from Origin.

There are routing issues I have experienced. Making sure there is at least 2 tiled space between objects in the home, my sim gets stuck at the backdoor when another sim is sitting at the dinner table, in a chair that is closest to the door. Then it's the slide movement to the area the sim is walking to, in this case the stairs and then the sim will begin to walk. So far that is my only issue.

I did move the dining chair around and added another tile of space in the dining area but there is still a problem routing if a sim is sitting in the chair closest to the door and I don't get why it's an issue.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    I'm not using mods or custom content
    OS is Win 7 with all current updates, 64-bit
    Using the download version of the game
    CPU: AMD FX 8150
    GPU: Radeon R9 270x, drivers up to date

Sound Issue:
    I went into Manage Households from Live Mode. The music from Manage HH played just fine. I switched back to Live Mode and the music from Manage HH kept playing while the Live Mode music also started playing. I immediately went to the main menu (both music tracks were still playing; not sure if the main menu added a new music track to the cacophony or not). Went into CAS by clicking Create a New Household. At this point, at the very least Manage HH, Live Mode, and CAS music were ALL playing together. I exited and have not been back into the game again to see if it's fixed yet. Essentially, the music tracks got stuck playing somehow and were overlapping whenever I switched to a different mode.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Batman82497Batman82497 Posts: 365 Member
    I got my bills in my inventory but get no option to pay for them in the sims 4 on the computer and the mailbox and the phone I think its a bug
  • VampiricDuckiesVampiricDuckies Posts: 55 Member
    One of my sims can't gain skill points because it's constantly fully green. Even when he's just "peeing like a champion" it just the skill point hovers above the plumbob.
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    crinrict wrote: »
    So, let me say this. I've tried this and it's not working out with this thread atm for me. The new forum is a pain to add links and it takes me forever to add stuff to the first page. Also most of the reports are pretty specific incidents that probably no once can recreate and hence will be difficult to fix.

This does not mean, that you can't report them. It just means, I won't add them all to the complied list. I can't handle this.

What I'll do is this. I'll try to answer all your questions/issues as before and you're welcome to post all your incidents but I will only add stuff that is less specific and very repeatable.

I wanna play the game myself and I can't do if I keep doing it the way I did before.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience and if anyone has an idea how this can be done differently, they are welcome to speak up to me (PM or on my wall)

I'll answer all new concerns in a moment.

Mine is no big deal. I might post it in the tech forum in case it's needs a patch or something. I actually seem to recall this coming up for people in the demo, as well. Go have fun with your game! :)
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • wulfinwulfin Posts: 3 New Member
    edited September 2014
    Sim in labour went to work... then came home and was in labour for 2 days.
    Resolution: Click on the pregnant sim and have the baby in the hospital.

Baby went to daycare and never came back (!!)
    Resolution: Click on bassinet and Age Up.

Issue I'm Still Having.. in game, using the "plan outfit" .. it loads forever (have to use task manager to end process)... win7 x64, origin download, no cc.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited September 2014
    Nope. I don't like you new forum. I should have made this bug thread at AHQ. Guess that's my punishment.

Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top