Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Base Game Bug Thread - Please read the first post before posting

Comments

• AshcarrAshcarr Posts: 383 Member
    crinrict wrote: »
    @Ashcarr: Did you try resetting her ? I'll add

How do I reset her?
  • blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    stoye77 wrote: »
    My game won't load, I've been waiting for almost an hour.
    This is not a bug. You need to post in the Sim 4 Tech Forum and try to resolve there first.

Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • stoye77stoye77 Posts: 62 Member
    > @stoye77 said:
    > My game won't load, I've been waiting for almost an hour.

Help!
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    @stoye77: Please post in tech. Your own thread.

@Ashcarr: Should be the same as in Sims 3: resetsim firstname lastname

Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Vlydia713Vlydia713 Posts: 159 Member
    Crinrict, thank you for all your support. You helped make TS3 playable for me (well, up until the end there. Lol. Eventually I just gave up and waited for TS4).

I've only been playing for a few hours, so I've only noticed one bug (besides the clipping issue). It's impossible to change appearance in a mirror if there is an object directly below it (tried a mirror above a sink and a different mirror above a dresser). The Sim tries to change appearance but complains about routing. Other interactions don't appear to have this problem.
  • AshcarrAshcarr Posts: 383 Member
    edited September 2014
    @Ashcarr: Should be the same as in Sims 3: resetsim firstname lastname

Resetting her didn't solve it.

Edit: Quit her job and it finally reset the menus, but it didn't seem like any other method was working. Though she still has the "at work" icon over her portrait.

Edit 2: The game is acting weird now. It's giving me two job notifications now that I rejoined the same job. However, once she got off her shift everything seemed to go back to normally. No payment for two jobs.

Edit 3: And now it's back to having things greyed out after the second day back on the job. Could it have to do with her noncommittal trait? That would be weird, but kind of make sense.
    Post edited by Ashcarr on
  • PolishQT19PolishQT19 Posts: 1 New Member
    No mods
    No cc
    Win 8.1
    One try for a baby
    Pregnancy
    Demon baby
    Still pregnant????!!!
    In labor again??!!!!!
  • janvel831janvel831 Posts: 140 Member
    Hi Crin,
    I am happy to see you here! Thanks in advance for all of your help. I am still waiting for my game to come. It should be here today. :)
  • MzNikiSweetMzNikiSweet Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm operating the sims 4 on windows 8 and bought through Origin. I'm having an issue where when I enter a cheat with the Ctrl + Shift + C command (i.e testingcheats on), I have to re-enter it every time I want to use it again. Even when I make the needs disabled, when I travel somewhere, switch family, and so on, re-typing the cheat over and over is required. I believe it's a bug issue or it could be that's how it was planned to happen. But it seems like more of a bug to me.
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    edited September 2014
    Hi,

My Sim is jogging a lot of the time...although not all the time.

Edit: It seems to only be when I'm not on the home lot. She always jogs to go meet someone and talk, and then will jog back home.

1. No Mods (Never)
    2. No custom content
    3. Windows 7
    4. DVD version

Post edited by vancanuckfan86 on
  • MzNikiSweetMzNikiSweet Posts: 2 New Member
    I forgot, I'm also getting the issue with my sims being married or seeing someone and flirting with someone else in front of their mate but no reaction. My sim literally started flirting back & its mate didn't do anything but continue their conversation like nothing happened.

On another note, when 2 of my sims got real close I saved and switch families, however, their relationship showed that they did not know the other one and all that work in making them friends and making out was lost.
  • MrsBurton27MrsBurton27 Posts: 37 Member
    Are you using mods - Nope
    Are you using custom content (as in clothing and objects) - Nope
    What is your Operating System (XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1) - Win 7
    Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? - Downloaded

When I go to enlarge a mirror, the frame gets bigger, but the glass portion of the mirror stays small, and shows up underneath the now enlarged mirror frame (if a wall mounted mirror) or just at the bottom of the frame (if a standing mirror)
    Ariel-Singing-tumblr.gif
  • OblvionIVOblvionIV Posts: 3 New Member
    No mods installed
    Windows 8.1 OS installed
    Digital Deluxe Download version
    no CC objects or clothing
    okay so I'm using a sim from the gallery (1 sim family) and moved her into a small house, then gave her enough money to move out and into one of the more expensive houses. so right after I move her into her new home, she fades off the lot as if she was going to work (she didn't have a job yet). all the while remaining selected so now I can't see her and or do anything with her, and the game thinks she is the active sim still.
    So I exit out to the family select and now under her name it says secret when i go to play as her.

anyone know what might be the cause of this?
  • NightmareCandleNightmareCandle Posts: 531 Member
    edited September 2014
    > @Cass9 said:
    > No mods/CC, Win 7, Origin digital download.
    >
    > 'headlineeffects off' hides speech/thought balloons and skill bars just fine but does not hide plumbs. Does hide names of Sims but I want the names.

I'm having the same problem. I can't play my legacy with the plumbobs up - looks too amateur in pictures.
    It does state everywhere that I've seen that it's supposed to hide the plumbobs - even in the Player's Guide.
    ► ♦ 8XGb8hl.gif ♦ ◄
  • LightestsLightests Posts: 853 Member
    Are you using mods Never
    Are you using custom content (as in clothing and objects) ? No
    What is your Operating System (XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1) ? Win 7
    Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? download

some bugs i ran into in my ~6 hours of playthrough so far:

the shower animation continued after the shower was over (my sim stopped after a second of shower. i queued him up again and he completed it, but the animation continued.) moving the shower didnt stop it. buying a new shower didnt stop it. leaving the lot then returning seemed to work

after sim found out she was pregnant her stomach seemed to show like she was in her 3rd trimester (the timer had her only in her first trimester)

when at the bar, my sim tried to talk to another random sim but couldn't (he was seated and she was near him.) the only solution that fixed the problem was resetting the random sim which in turn reset my sim and that random sim

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12551550
    tumblr_n4lzmoWGk41s7cn3go1_400.gif
  • mudmittens1mudmittens1 Posts: 431 Member
    edited September 2014
    edited to delete original bug report- determined it was user error. I feel like an idiot. :\
    Post edited by mudmittens1 on
    Origin ID is mudmittens
  • LoreleyLeeLoreleyLee Posts: 1,384 Member
    edited September 2014
    blunote00 wrote: »
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    and so it begins :)
    They did say there would be bugs. Leave it to simmers to find them all. ;)
    Stocks up an sugary drinks says the diabetic. No I got plenty of coffee too! :p
    LOL! First I somehow misread your post as
    'Let there be bugs!' ;)

I'm so happy you guys are here to help! No chatting, only sending a BIG THANK YOU! <3
    Post edited by LoreleyLee on
    ♥ Ellen approved ♥
    kibb_LL2_zps9ddc3f77.gif
  • AiasaAiasa Posts: 2 New Member
    Bug I am having is I can't cancel the maid service. Seems like it is also charging me d

Are you using mods (Please answer with: Yes, Never, Removed) Never
    Are you using custom content (as in clothing and objects) ? no
    What is your Operating System (XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1) ? win 7 64 bit
    Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? origin download
    also i guess it's worth mentioning that for some reason my sim cant see the romance bar for other sims (only for her romantic interest)
    i tried flirting with another sim and the romance bar still wouldn't show up no matter how many different romantic interactions i did
  • ihartsnapeihartsnape Posts: 58 Member
    After chatting with a friend on the cellphone, my Sim has the 'Casual Discussion' box with the portrait of the Sim she was speaking to stuck at the top of the screen. It's been a couple of days since they spoke, she's been to work and back, slept, ate, showered, ect. It still acts like they are talking, and I can't seem to get it to disappear.

I've never had any mods or CC installed. I'm running the Origin Digital Deluxe Edition on Windows 7.
  • Cass9Cass9 Posts: 27 New Member
    @Cass9: Bit unsure if that qualifies as a bug. Did they state it's supposed to hide the plumbob ?

Yes.

• mana0143mana0143 Posts: 75 Member
    edited September 2014
    I had a sim get stuck through the stairs. I had to use testing cheats and teleport to get her back to make her playable. Nothing else would make her move.

Edited to add additional information. I wasn't playing her. I was working on the computer with another sim chatting online and I noticed that she was hungry so I switched to her and she wouldn't do anything. Then I noticed that she was stuck.

4zvElWx.jpg
    i noticed that my sim can't write songs using her violin
  • FoxybrownunlimitFoxybrownunlimit Posts: 47 Member
    edited September 2014
    Didn't see this in the complied list. I had already made a discussion and was told to report to this bug thread.

So in Build Mode, when i first created a roof, it worked perfectly. I deleted it and tried a different type of roof style. It cause an issue with the roof display.

i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m561/assiramot/09-02-14_1-07nbspAM.png

i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m561/assiramot/09-02-14_1-09nbspAM.png

No mods, no CC
    Origin/Gallery ID: InvaderMar
    Some comments have you like:
    RXFEVjA.gif
  • DesiraiDesirai Posts: 1,058 Member
    I have a bug report. I traveled to the park, Magnolia whatever, and when I came home, I'm no longer able to interact with any objects(when I click on anything, no menu pops up), and my camera controls are screwed up. I can't pan my camera, I can only rotate the screen.
    Playing a completely vanilla game, digital copy, windows 7. Gonna restart my game, that should fix it.
    What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top