Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Base Game Bug Thread - Please read the first post before posting

Comments

• YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    Thanks for doing this, crin. Will prove useful I am sure :)
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited September 2014
    Could everyone with the baby bug please post here: Deformed Baby Bug Thread
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• keyb0xkeyb0x Posts: 1,641 Member
    On several occasions, despite toilets being available on the community lot (as well as on my home lot, which is the starter house in Oasis Springs), click to auto solve would not send my sim to the toilet.

I'm not sure how to replicate the problem yet, but if I notice a pattern I'll update this post. I thought it might have something to do with the new rooms system.
  • AtomicusAtomicus Posts: 2,438 Member
    Um why did @amanda1280 spam this?
  • blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    Atomicus wrote: »
    Um why did @amanda1280 spam this?
    Not sure but this isn't the time or place for this. Let's keep this to reporting the issues.

Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • mem1989mem1989 Posts: 26 New Member
    edited September 2014
    Ok, I checked everything, haven't found if anyone else had this problem. So, I don't use any CC or any other things, just the base game. I have Windows 8.1, 16 g, GTX something, i7, should be good for the game.

The problem is: the 123 keys don't work to change the speed of the timing. They did work in the beginning, but then I saved the game and logged of it, also Origin was downloading something for a couple of minutes. Next time I started the game and continued with my family, the speed keys just stopped working. And of course I tried everything to revive it, so, I really can't enjoy the game without these "speed keys" on my key board, which are ` 1 2 3.

Hope I managed to explain it properly.

BTW, English is not my first language, so I did my best here. Thanks anyway for your hard work and any help you can provide!

Game version is Digital Deluxe from Origin, not DVD.
  • IxathIxath Posts: 94 Member
    I made Tilapia and the frying pan got stuck to my hand. It would last through all sim interactions and persisted until I exited the game and reloaded. Another person who had this issue solved it by traveling to a new world/neighborhood.

Not sure if it only happens with Tilapia or not, but it caused it for both of us.
  • IxathIxath Posts: 94 Member
    @Esseilte When you log in click the thing to open up the community and click your name and then Log In. I was having the same problem because I wasn't actually connected. This solved the problem for me.
  • ewilson1114ewilson1114 Posts: 2,513 Member
    mem1989 wrote: »
    Ok, I checked everything, haven't found if anyone else had this problem. So, I don't use any CC or any other things, just the base game. I have Windows 8.1, 16 g, GTX something, i7, should be good for the game. <br />
    <br />
    The problem is: the 123 keys don't work to change the speed of the timing. They did work in the beginning, but then I saved the game and logged of it, also Origin was downloading something for a couple of minutes. Next time I started the game and continued with my family, the speed keys just stopped working. And of course I tried everything to revive it, so, I really can't enjoy the game without these "speed keys" on my key board, which are ` 1 2 3.<br />
    <br />
    Hope I managed to explain it properly.<br />
    <br />
    BTW, English is not my first language, so I did my best here. Thanks anyway for your hard work and any help you can provide!<br />
    <br />
    Game version is Digital Deluxe from Origin, not DVD.

That happened to me once so I closed the game and reopened it and then they worked again. Did you try that?

• jkrman401jkrman401 Posts: 40 Member
    Base game, No CC, No Mods

Win 8, Origin DD

I bought the violin and entered live mode. I then decided to change the color and entered buy mode. When using the design tool to recolor it to the brown color (last swatch) it failed with a small red bar popping up saying "script call failed". Re-coloring to any other color is successful.

For the people having issues with edge scrolling down. I found it has to do with the interface bars. It will not edge scroll if you are hovering over one. When the interface is down in live mode there is a small bit that stays at the very bottom and you have to hover just above it for the edge scroll down to work.
  • iGlamLouiGlamLou Posts: 28 New Member
    edited September 2014
    Are you using mods - Never
    Are you using custom content (as in clothing and objects) - No
    What is your Operating System (XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1) - Win 8.1
    Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? - Downloaded

Win 8.1 64bit operating system 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 3000

I've seen a few issues during game play so far.

1 - You can't interact with the mirror if it is over a sink.

2 - I don't know if it's a bug but it's weird, ever since making "friends" with a neighbor, they come over at least once a day knocking on the door for ages, uninvited. Obviously it might just be what the game does now but every single day at the same time without fail is a bit annoying!

3 - Utter darkness when indoors. To the point you can't even see what's happening on the Television. Bumped my graphic card brightness up for the moment.

EDIT - I just remembered something else, sometimes the speed up keys (1,2,3) decide not to work for me at all. I have to exit the game and reopen with fingers crossed!
  • RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    No mods, two sims one upstairs and they decide to use a shower, the one upstairs works fine the one down stairs the water is flowing down and up in the shower stall since then. They can take a shower downstair but water keeps flowing weird. Sold tub and got new one but water is still flowing down and back up at same time out of the wall of the new shower. It does this water thing when no one is in the shower all the time without stopping. It does not say shower is broken. If this was real life my water bill would be through the roof for the water never shutting off.
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    You can turn it off through Origin. There's a switch you need to add to the command line: http://www.simified.com/the-sims-4/tutorials/turn-off-game-tutorials/

Thank you Crin, I'll be doing that tonight before I play.

I don't think it would have killed them to include an in-game check box. Discovered another non-bug annoyance, tested to see if my dd would be able to play while I'm at school through the guest account on my pc, only people with an origin id & login can play. So for those who share a pc but not an origin account the 2nd {or more} person will have to get an origin account if they don't already have one. :(
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    You can turn it off through Origin. There's a switch you need to add to the command line: http://www.simified.com/the-sims-4/tutorials/turn-off-game-tutorials/

I don't think it would have killed them to include an in-game check box. Discovered another non-bug annoyance, tested to see if my dd would be able to play while I'm at school through the guest account on my pc, only people with an origin id & login can play. So for those who share a pc but not an origin account the 2nd {or more} person will have to get an origin account if they don't already have one. :(
    This might be useful.

How do I set up an Origin account for my child?
    http://help.ea.com/article/how-do-i-set-up-an-origin-account-for-my-child

Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • ewilson1114ewilson1114 Posts: 2,513 Member
    Had the issue with the 1, 2, 3, not working to change speeds again. Closed game and reopened and that again fixed it. Not sure what's causing it to happen in the first place though!
  • mem1989mem1989 Posts: 26 New Member
    edited September 2014
    > @ewilson1114 said:
    > mem1989 wrote: »
    >
    > Ok, I checked everything, haven't found if anyone else had this problem. So, I don't use any CC or any other things, just the base game. I have Windows 8.1, 16 g, GTX something, i7, should be good for the game.

>

> The problem is: the 123 keys don't work to change the speed of the timing. They did work in the beginning, but then I saved the game and logged of it, also Origin was downloading something for a couple of minutes. Next time I started the game and continued with my family, the speed keys just stopped working. And of course I tried everything to revive it, so, I really can't enjoy the game without these "speed keys" on my key board, which are ` 1 2 3.

>

> Hope I managed to explain it properly.

>

> BTW, English is not my first language, so I did my best here. Thanks anyway for your hard work and any help you can provide!

>

> Game version is Digital Deluxe from Origin, not DVD.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That happened to me once so I closed the game and reopened it and then they worked again. Did you try that?

Yes, I did it several times, tried different families, even moved to another house. Reloaded my computer, started the game using link on my desktop and through Origin, so I did tried everything I could think of. Thanks for the feedback! Hope you won't have it again, didn't work with me ((
  • Cass9Cass9 Posts: 27 New Member
    edited September 2014
    No mods/CC, Win 7, Origin digital download.

'headlineeffects off' hides speech/thought balloons and skill bars just fine but does not hide plumbs. Does hide names of Sims but I want the names.
  • phate_phoenixphate_phoenix Posts: 62 Member
    1. Are you using mods (Please answer with: Yes, Never, Removed) --> It's essential that stuff is tested on vanilla games so remove your mods before reporting a bug.
    --Never.
    2. Are you using custom content (as in clothing and objects) ?
    --No.
    3. What is your Operating System (XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1) ?
    --Win 8.1
    4. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?
    -- Direct Download from Origin.

Okay, so, one of my sims was playing chess with another sim using the Chessmaster chess table, and now the full Logic Skill bar above her head isn't going away. In fact, she is gaining more and more completion percentage in Logic with every passing moment. It's at 589% Complete, Level 1 right now.

The other sim is not effected, but his Logic Skill bar is not full. (It's at 23% Complete, Level 1.)

Note that this glitched/bugged skill bar does not stop this sim from gaining other skill points, as she reached Skill Level 2 in Gardening while the full Logic Skill bar was above her head.

I'm gonna try resetting her now to see if that fixes it.

... Okay, so resetSim gets rid of the visual glitch--the Logic Skill bar is gone--but her Logic Skill completion percentage continues to increase with every second.
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited September 2014
    blunote00 wrote: »

This might be useful.

How do I set up an Origin account for my child?
    http://help.ea.com/article/how-do-i-set-up-an-origin-account-for-my-child

Thanks blunote00, I'm sure someone will find that handy.

Our dd is an adult but she still will occasionally play sims on my pc. I already gave her the heads up about having to create an account with origin if she wants to try out s4. But given the tutorial popups, I haven't turned it off yet, she declined. For her {and me} half the fun of playing a game is discovering how to do things with out a tutorial walking you through everything. ;)

ps, Crin so far game works fine on my pc, but might not as ep's roll out down the line, vanilla dell inspiron 560 with the 43/45 chipset .... I even set the graphics on high. {pps, but this same pc can't handle the new sim city with graphics on low}
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • femitche514femitche514 Posts: 124 Member
    Esseilte wrote: »
    No CC, no mods<br />
    <br />
    My maid sometimes just stands outside of my house and doesn't come in, even though my sim is at work, and there's stuff that needs to be cleaned inside.<br />
    <br />
    None of the sims I created or downloaded during the CAS trial were there when I started the game.<br />
    <br />
    I put food away in the fridge, but there isn't an option to eat leftover.<br />
    <br />
    I have the scrolling issue, where I can scroll up, left and right, but not down.<br />
    <br />
    Rotating objects with my mouse doesn't work.<br />
    <br />
    V. =)

@Esseilte As far as the leftover food is concerned, you have to open the refrigerator and from there you click on the dish and choose what option you want...you can throw it away or grab a serving. Hope that helps!
    maya_angelou.jpg
  • MattyGrochMattyGroch Posts: 8 New Member
    So last night, I added some stairs to an outdoor patio. When I tried to widen the stairs, it kept telling me I had insufficient resources. I had hundreds of simoleans and the stairs only said they cost $8 per square to widen.

I later discovered that I could do it when I had more money, but it was charging me $80 per square to widen. Either the price is listed incorrectly or it's charging me incorrectly. Or I'm missing something.
  • stoye77stoye77 Posts: 62 Member
    My game won't load, I've been waiting for almost an hour.
  • AshcarrAshcarr Posts: 383 Member
    edited September 2014
    My sim got done with work and came back home, but my menus are still all greyed out like they're at work. I can still control my sim and have them move between lots and everything. I can even tell them to leave work early over and over and over and get the simoleons. The day it bugged out she had worked hard for half the shift, then took it easy for 1/4 of the shift, and then worked normally the last portion of the shift.

I've tried closing the game, changing lots, making her travel somewhere and it still won't let me see anything because "She isn't here right now". Oddly, the only time I *can* see the menus is that brief hour before her next work shift.

No mods, no CC, Win 7, download
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Are you using mods - No
    Are you using custom content (as in clothing and objects) - No
    What is your Operating System (XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1) - Win 7
    Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? - Downloaded

CAS issues:
    - In Adult women's t-shirts there is a button-up shirt misfiled
    - If I start with a default face and do not alter the face but do alter the hair, my hair alteration is not remembered when I switch from Everyday to another clothing category
    - When I am in Everyday, all clothing is shown by default, not just Everyday

Now to go figure out if my PSU is dying :/
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    @CiindeeMariie I take it it's not a lot where he put it ? If so, I'll add both

@keyb0x: I saw that too. I'll add

@mem1989: I'll add but see ewilson1114 answer below ?

@Ixath: I'll add

@jkrman401: Yap. Get that too. I'll add.

@iGlamLou
    1. Did you try replacing it ? Maybe move it up and down some ?
    2. Did you ever greet them ? Or just let the stand there forever ? Maybe inviting them in once gets rid of the behavior ?
    3. Since you have a graphic chip, it might be below specs. How much dedicated memory does it have ?
    4. Adding you to the 123 issue.

@Rudiarose: I'll add but did you try replacing the wall itself ?

@Mmdrgntobldrgn: If you have different accounts, you'll need to buy the game for each of them

@ewilson1114: I'll add you to the issue too

@Cass9: Bit unsure if that qualifies as a bug. Did they state it's supposed to hide the plumbob ?

@phate_phoenix: Try moving the to a different house or switch households. I'll add

@MattyGroch: I'll add that.

@Ashcarr: Did you try resetting her ? I'll add

@luthienrising:
    • I'll add
    • I'll add
    • Everyday doesn't have a filter. Everything is available there. Not sure if it's a bug or intentional

I haven't added this or this mornings problems. I'll do that later tonight.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top