Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to make a half-rounded edge kitchen counter

DrakahDrakah Posts: 68 Member
I figured it out, yay :) see below

Comments

• Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Thank you that was driving me crazy.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    RavnicaRavnica Posts: 2 New Member
    Thank you. This was exactly what I was looking for. :)
  • Options
    mrsmomortizmrsmomortiz Posts: 3 New Member
    I need some more help with this one, please! Auto counter IS off, I see the display of different counters to the left, but none of the options are for rounded/curved. What am I missing here?
  • Options
    mrsmomortizmrsmomortiz Posts: 3 New Member
    Oh! Yay! I found my mistake! I was clicking on the counter instead of the island counter! Problem solved! Happy Simming!
  • Options
    LorchiesLorchies Posts: 248 Member
    uhmm :/ which one is the round one ? x3 ...i cant find it
    4H0wpBe.gif
    SXqHYMo.gifWxpCjVk.pngyQHCqnz.gifr8OGTWg.png56PglL7.gif
    B9hE3y9.pngCOLCyt0.gifB9hE3y9.png
  • Options
    GabbryroseGabbryrose Posts: 839 Member
    Lorchies wrote: »
    uhmm :/ which one is the round one ? x3 ...i cant find it

Once you turn off Auto Counters, as posted above, you will get the rounded counter option on most of the counters in the catalog. I think it was the ones that are truly kitchen counters and not bathroom counters. (There is a slight difference in appearance, and I noticed that ones designated as bathroom counters didn't seem to have the option.) When you click on a counter in the catalog it will show you the different shapes available for that counter, just like it shows the color choices.
  • Options
    darksuli07darksuli07 Posts: 4 New Member
    Thank you for the help! I was pressing a bunch of different keys on my keyboard hoping to find the right button to curve the counters and then started to search online. Went through so many useless pages and posts before I finally found this one. Thank you! :)
  • Options
    tayloremxxtayloremxx Posts: 543 Member
    Oh man, how did I not see all those customization options! So much more interesting now!
  • Options
    simhead70simhead70 Posts: 614 Member
    Thanks for this post very informative.
    b141edb2-262e-48c6-a432-99db802758b0_zpspfbmwyih.jpg
  • Options
    ThickEbonyLadyThickEbonyLady Posts: 32 Member
    Nice, I was struggling with this just yesterday! Good info!
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Drakah wrote: »
    Nevermind, figured it out. You have to turn off "Auto Counters" for some reason for you to get this option.<br />
    You click on the counter you want and on the left of the image you will see the style bar on the left that has color lines. Click that side bar and you will see a popup on the left with different types of counters, including the rounded one.

THANKS!
    That was driving my crazy!
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    tiffedge76tiffedge76 Posts: 117 Member
    Thank you!! I feel so lost lol!!!
  • Options
    DannielaGoesDannielaGoes Posts: 1 New Member
    I was trying to figure this out for so long. I never noticed that icon lol Thanks :)
  • Options
    Tammy43Tammy43 Posts: 23 New Member
    Thank You I was going crazy trying to figure this out :D
  • Options
    TrehekTheSimTrehekTheSim Posts: 73 Member
    You'd think auto was better at this stuff!
    The Story of Jessica Eville
    Trehek on the Sims 4 Gallery:
    oqXW3pa.jpg
  • Options
    SheeanaSvendsonSheeanaSvendson Posts: 2 New Member
    thanks heaps - It was driving me crazy!
  • Options
    bjk607bjk607 Posts: 168 Member
    thank you drahkah I was wondering how to do them
  • Options
    Wilhyral1Wilhyral1 Posts: 97 Member
    Throwing in my thanks, OP. And rosemow.
  • Options
    nicolyolyonicolyolyo Posts: 11 New Member
    Thank you OP and Rosemow! Excellent video :D I didn't even know there were more cabinet features without having CC!
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Does anyone know how to attach diagonal counters or bar sections to a straight piece? Like this one, for example?
    42772d1243976439-kitchen-layout-help-kit-layout-2.jpg

I've been wanting to build my grandparents house in Florida, and they had a square kitchen with counters all around, but then a bar section that came off it at a diagnonal. I can't find a way to do this. You can with MOO, but it looks awful.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    TattycakesTattycakes Posts: 20 Member
    Wow, TIL! Thanks!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2015
    Piperbird1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to attach diagonal counters or bar sections to a straight piece? Like this one, for example?

I've been wanting to build my grandparents house in Florida, and they had a square kitchen with counters all around, but then a bar section that came off it at a diagnonal. I can't find a way to do this. You can with MOO, but it looks awful.

I have a diagonal breakfast bar that seats 2-3 people in my kitchen that separates the kitchen from my open concept dining room area that I have never been able to properly copy in game with out it looking weird because it always takes MOO to do it - which is not really advised because the sims use the counters. Using Moo in anything the sims use is always dicey because it is known to corrupt the lot - sometimes even the save since Sims 3 (Moo was originally a Boolprop debug tool - but since Sims 3 we don't use boolprop any more so some of the thing it does in Sims 2 that it was designed for - it won't do in Sims 3 or 4, and because it was not designed for use for systems other than boolprop - it does not always play nicely with Sims 3 or 4) - but at least in Sims 4 I can round that area ingame with no moo - even though it is not like my actual kitchen, it is better than it was and no Moo needed. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Piperbird1 wrote: »

I have a diagonal breakfast bar that seats 2-3 people in my kitchen that separates the kitchen from my open concept dining room area that I have never been able to properly copy in game with out it looking weird because it always takes MOO to do it - which is not really advised because the sims use the counters. Using Moo in anything the sims use is always dicey because it is known to corrupt the lot - sometimes even the save since Sims 3 (Moo was originally a Boolprop debug tool - but since Sims 3 we don't use boolprop any more so some of the thing it does in Sims 2 that it was designed for - it won't do in Sims 3 or 4, and because it was not designed for use for systems other than boolprop - it does not always play nicely with Sims 3 or 4) - but at least in Sims 4 I can round that area ingame with no moo - even though it is not like my actual kitchen, it is better than it was and no Moo needed. LOL.

I am hoping that maybe with this new kitchen pack they will add the ability to have diagonal counters like this one. I am not holding my breath, however, and there is no way I am buying it until I check out what others are saying. I have been tempted to buy a few of the others, but after reading about all the glitches and unhappy people, I have not bought a single one of them. :(
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top