Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Base Game Bug Thread - Please read the first post before posting

Comments

• mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited September 2014
    A sim will be in one subhood lets say jogging and if my sim travels to another lot in a different subhood, they'll already be on that lot.

Sims that are in a conversation will talk to each other even if one is on another floor.

The camera will lag even at full 60 fps when moving.

You can walk into any Sim's home without them noticing.
    Post edited by mwdonohue on
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited September 2014
    @rensdesim: Added

@dbyrd26: Added

@Makaylies: Added

@mwdonohue: Added most of your stuff. Don't think that the being in another hood is necessarily a bug. You've just traveled there, why can't others. I don't know how it's set up. Summarized the clipping and linked your post.

@qrlcode: That's more of a tech issue. You might wanna repost your thread in the tech forum

@mwdonohue: Added most of your stuff. Don't think that the being in another hood is necessarily a bug. You've just traveled there, why can't others. I don't know how it's set up.

@catloverplayer, @Kamb64: Added but please keep to your own issues (once you get the game)

@Th3Gre3atest: Added but not sure what you mean by 3 mode

Pretty late here so I'm off to bed for now.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• stickman1676stickman1676 Posts: 91 Member
    More power to you folks.

Support your local (world-wide) volunteer game support. They make the games si much better.
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited September 2014
    At the beginning on loading there was something about genomes instead of gnomes.

Crin the more I think on it I don't think that's a typo ... I think it's a reference to the genetics :)

Genome
    In modern molecular biology and genetics, the genome is the genetic material of an organism. It is encoded either in DNA or, for many types of viruses, in RNA. The genome includes both the genes and the non-coding sequences of the DNA/RNA.[1]
    ~*~*~*~*~

Crin, I want to add
    I can't find a way to turn off the tutorial only reset it. I seldom play tutorials they usually end up annoying the heck out of me. If anyone else has spotted how to turn it off, either post here or on my wall thing. Thanks
    Post edited by Mmdrgntobldrgn on
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • DaethaqtDaethaqt Posts: 760 Member
    No Mods No CC

Windows 8

Origin DD

My issue is edge scroll works up left right but not down.

All of the Sims I created with the Demo are gone except the ones I uploaded to the gallery

Relationships seem broken ( Example: If I create a Brother and Sister then Create a Husband for the sister and give them a Child all relationships are broken )
  • BWpunisherBWpunisher Posts: 169 Member
    I just had a sim host a wedding party and get married to the sim he was engaged to. Guess what? After the wedding party finished, SHE LEFT along with the guests. She did not join my household, she did not even change her last name to my sims. In the relationships panel, it shows her as my spouse....yet the last name didn't change, she doesn't even live with my sim nor did the game ask me if I wanted her to. She just left.

How do you change a sims last name? Is this even possible since sims don't seem to take their spouses last name.

Also, had one sim in a family who never came home with his homework. So I couldn't complete any tasks related to school.
  • Saskia507Saskia507 Posts: 649 Member
    The babys are all demonic lol. You also cant see them in their crib thing i dunno if hats intentional but makes it difficult to see the cuties
  • Sue_D_NimSue_D_Nim Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited September 2014
    In some games, TS4 included, I have to invert the verical and/or horizontal camera controls because the defaults feel wrong to me. In TS4, every time I enter a loading zone or enter and leave CAS or the gallery, it resets my settings and I have to invert the camera controls again - every few minutes if I'm entering and leaving lots of houses (loading zones).

I can live with it, but I didn't see it reported yet, so I thought I'd chime in.

<edited for typos>
    Post edited by Sue_D_Nim on
  • PurityChildPurityChild Posts: 57 Member
    No CC or Mods, running win 8 with origin DL.

Babies are glitched out. Eyes bulging, arms and legs all stretched out
  • mattyshadymattyshady Posts: 14 New Member
    edited September 2014
    issue 1: When I click on the floor or items it doesn't register a mouse press 50% of the time. It's not the mouse either. It does it on objects and even when selection a place for them to walk to.

It's like it's not polling fast enough. Only seems to happen in live mode.

issue 2: Also after cooking a fork sticks out of the sims hand and doesn't ever go away LOL

issue 3: 0,1,2,3 on numlock and keyboard above letters stop working. Workaround go into build mode by pressing f2 then into live f1, then the buttons work again. Tried with a few people and seems to work but should be fixed ;)

CPU: AMD FX 8150 3.6 Ghz 8 core
    RAM: 8 gigs, g.skill 1600 Mhz DDR3
    Video: amd 7970Ghz Ed. 3 gig

Origin Digital Deluxe Ed.
    Vertical Sync:On however it DOES NOT fix the problem when it's off either.

CC: none
    Mods: none
    Post edited by mattyshady on
    seems to be ok if you wait 1.5 seconds between clicks which is IRRITATING as hell
    edited September 2014
    "> @Daethaqt said:
    > No Mods No CC
    >
    > Windows 8
    >
    > Origin DD
    >
    > My issue is edge scroll works up left right but not down.
    >
    > All of the Sims I created with the Demo are gone except the ones I uploaded to the gallery
    >
    > Relationships seem broken ( Example: If I create a Brother and Sister then Create a Husband for the sister and give them a Child all relationships are broken )
    >
    >"

The downward edge scrolling definitely needs work. It only works if you put the mouse exactly above the UI.. which is not easy to do when you are just moving around and stuff. Should be way easier to move down with edge scrolling down
  • shandra2183shandra2183 Posts: 212 Member
    Got my sims house built and furnished. Then went into manage worlds to do build on another lot and game crashed as I tried to open the gallery.
  • camimhcamimh Posts: 3,297 Member
    Glitched babies as reported above. Stretching and deformed and can't see them in the bassinet.
    Xois5I.jpg
  • blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    At the beginning on loading there was something about genomes instead of gnomes.

Crin the more I think on it I don't think that's a typo ... I think it's a reference to the genetics :)

Genome
    In modern molecular biology and genetics, the genome is the genetic material of an organism. It is encoded either in DNA or, for many types of viruses, in RNA. The genome includes both the genes and the non-coding sequences of the DNA/RNA.[1]
    ~*~*~*~*~

Crin, I want to add
    I can't find a way to turn off the tutorial only reset it. I seldom play tutorials they usually end up annoying the heck out of me. If anyone else has spotted how to turn it off, either post here or on my wall thing. Thanks
    @crinrict, @Mmdrgntobldrgn

Turn off Tutorial: Had ceejay test this and she confirms it can "only" be reset.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12550503/#Comment_12550503
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • femitche514femitche514 Posts: 124 Member
    I really don't have many complaints...I have been playing for about 3 and a half hours now...but I did just find my first bug. I clicked on my herb planter to weed them, but instead my sim went inside the house and started weeding the paint easel....lol....I kid you not. It looks hilarious, but it's definitely a bug.
    maya_angelou.jpg
  • EsseilteEsseilte Posts: 7 New Member
    No CC, no mods

My maid sometimes just stands outside of my house and doesn't come in, even though my sim is at work, and there's stuff that needs to be cleaned inside.

None of the sims I created or downloaded during the CAS trial were there when I started the game.

I put food away in the fridge, but there isn't an option to eat leftover.

I have the scrolling issue, where I can scroll up, left and right, but not down.

Rotating objects with my mouse doesn't work.

V. =)
  • Mouse1996Mouse1996 Posts: 269 Member
    edited September 2014
    Just adding to the demon babies. I've only done it with Bella Goth and she had two demon babies. However my sister had a baby with her own Sim family and had no issues. So are the ones with the freaky babies having them with Bella or other families too?

ETA: No CC or Mods in the game. I'm using Windows 8.1 if that helps any.
    ed_zpsyclgaymk.gif
  • MisterZorinMisterZorin Posts: 2 New Member
    I could not do anything with my Sim after he returned back home from work. First I could only see his shadow. After I restarted the game I could see my Sim again but the game indicated that he was still working. Inviting him to another lot solved this problem.
  • aleahl213aleahl213 Posts: 30 Member
    Having a problem with windows placement. They seem to be like on the picture when I place it around the house!
    Ok, I can't post links LOL
    social.simgoodies(dot)com/file/pic/photo/2014/09/ac2b4cbe3f45dffaa31ca54ee4f55765_1024.png
    Not sure if this is a glitch, but thought I'd mention it. I made a new room for a kid and since I had a bed for her I decided to put the bed she was sleeping in into the inventory. I grabbed the bed, she popped out of it, I tried to put it into inventory and it said the item wasn't there, but I was still holding the bed. I put it back where it was just fine, and then I tried to just sell it and it said the item wasn't there. I put it back where it was, went back to Live mode and the bed was mysteriously put into the inventory. Also speaking of inventory, I'm having issues putting stuff into personal inventories during gameplay. It works some of the time and there are only like 2-3 items in my Sims inventory and I can't seem to put more.
    ed_zpsyclgaymk.gif
    edited September 2014
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn: Deleted that. Thanks. I'll be typing up my own turning off tutorial post as soon as I find the time for it. You can turn it off through Origin. There's a switch you need to add to the command line: http://www.simified.com/the-sims-4/tutorials/turn-off-game-tutorials/

@Daethaqt:
    • I'll add that
    • The Sims you didn't upload are in the tray folder in the the documents folder of the demo. They don't transfer just like that. You need to do that yourself.
    • Newly created or created with the demo ? Do they show correct in CAS but not in game ?

@BWpunisher: I'll add the marriage issue. Not sure about renaming. Did you try resetting the homework sim ? Should be same as in Sims 3. I'll add though

@Saskia507, @PurityChild, @camimh, @Mouse1996: Please post your basic specs

@Sue_D_Nim: I'll add

@mattyshady: I'll add but please edit your posts if you have something to add to your error and no one has answered so I can link just one post.

@shandra2183: Please open your own thread in the tech forum for crashing issues. Post your DxDiag there as well.

@femitche514: Lol, I'll add

@Esseilte
    • Maid: I'll add
    • Did you upload them to the gallery ? If not, see my answer to Daethaqt
    • Can you open the fridge ? I don't think that option is available.
    • I'll add you to the issue but did you place the cursor about halfway into the GUI ? It turns into a magnifying glass.

@MisterZorin: That's a loading issue. Saw that at Gamescom. I'll add it

@aleahl213: I'll add that.

@Mouse1996: I'll add

Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• CiindeeMariieCiindeeMariie Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a bug where my child suddenly lost all of her acquaintances. Her father and good friend were there but everyone else she had met, gone.

The father also went, while eating/carrying a plate, to talk to someone off the home lot. Well, he left the plate over there and when I go to pick it up or have him do it, it says it can't because no garbage or sink nearby, even though he has both in his home lot right next door. So now, there's a random plate on the sidewalk that won't move :/
    Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit
    Processor: Intel Core i7-4500u 1.8GHz
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon r7 M265 with 2 GB dedicated VRAM
    RAM: 8192MB
    No Mods
    No Custom Content
    Digital Download

Let me know if you need some more info.
    ed_zpsyclgaymk.gif
    Do you just have that card or also a chip in your computer ?
    AHQ Tutorial

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top