Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom Swatch help?

MomGinnyMomGinny Posts: 311 Member
edited September 2014 in General Mods Discussion
I'm trying to give this piece of clothing a custom swatch but I keep ending up with this:
tumblr_nb702plPU81t9xx7qo1_1280.png
I'm assuming that is a swatch error llama of some sort?

What I did:
- Edited the texture file for my item, made a 32x32 swatch image (I remembered to change the .dds settings from [thingy]5 to [thingy]1).
- Used Color Magic to make a non-default recolor of the red ringer tee that already had a custom swatch.
- Removed the custom swatch in CM, then added the C/M swatch to the file
- Chose a new UID and a new color from the dropdown menu
- Saved my .package
- Opened .package in S4PE (at which point i had 2 _IMG files)
- Replaced shirt texture with my own
- Used the "replace" feature to replace the original swatch (it's worth noting here that I don't see an image in s4pe before or after replacing the swatch, I instead see this:
Error reading resource 0x00B2D882-0x80000000-0x8A2A583180E06B6A
Front-end Distribution: Unknown
Library Distribution: Unknown

Source: mscorlib
Assembly: mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
----
Stack trace:
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at s4pi.WrapperDealer.WrapperDealer.WrapperForType(String type, Int32 APIversion, Stream s) in c:\Users\Grant Hess\Documents\GitHub\Sims4Modding\s4pi\WrapperDealer\WrapperDealer.cs:line 109
   at S4PIDemoFE.MainForm.browserWidget1_SelectedResourceChanged(Object sender, ResourceChangedEventArgs e)
----

Source: s4pi.ImageResource
Assembly: s4pi.ImageResource, Version=1408.22.1324.11522, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Texture does not need to be un-shuffled
----
Stack trace:
   at s4pi.ImageResource.DSTResource.Parse(Stream s) in c:\Users\Grant Hess\Documents\GitHub\Sims4Modding\s4pi Wrappers\ImageResource\DSTResource.cs:line 33
----
- Saved all changes.
- Opened the CAS demo

At which point I have a working shirt, with that strange llama swatch. Can anyone help me figure out where I went wrong?
My Sims || My CC Creations || My Simblr || OID: MomGinny
Post edited by MomGinny on

Comments

• sassyvivensassyviven Posts: 67 Member
    I like that :)
  • MomGinnyMomGinny Posts: 311 Member
    edited September 2014
    Thank you! It's a simlish version of a To Write Love On Her Arms t-shirt. I'm doing a set, but the last simlish convert is going to need a custom swatch too and there's no point in making the .package file for it if I can't make that work. :|
  • granthesgranthes Posts: 93 Member
    @MomGinny
    Can you upload the package file with the bad swatch somewhere where I can take a look at it? Fastest place for me to see new posts is going to be at http://forums.sims4.the-prof.net or just do the @ tag here. :smiling_imp: Once I can see the package I should be able to get you an answer.
    Grant (granthes)
    Developer of Sims 4 Modding Tools -- Sims 4 Stuff n Things
    @granthes the file is here: https://app.box.com/s/ew5x7yp03gdbhvag5av7

Thank you for the help!

Posting in the right topic this time.
  • granthesgranthes Posts: 93 Member
    @MomGinny,

Here is a short tutorial on how to fix the "Cloud Llama" swatch issue :smile:

Step 1: Open the package in S4PE and click on the CASP entry. Scroll down on the right hand side until you see unknown5
    Tutor1.jpg
    Make note of the number where I've circled in red. In my case it is 0A.

Step 2: Now scroll clear to the bottom of the right hand side. Find the entry that corresponds to the number from above.
    Tutor2.jpg
    In this case it is line [A]. Make note of the middle (group) and end (instance) parts of that line. In this case it would be group 0x00000000, instance 0xCF4A095CD51895B1.

Step 3: Finally, double click on the entry with _IMG tag.
    Tutor3.jpg
    Now change the two circled entries to match the information from Step 2.

Save the package and you should be able to see the right swatch.

--Grant
    Grant (granthes)
    Developer of Sims 4 Modding Tools -- Sims 4 Stuff n Things
  • orangeplumboborangeplumbob Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited September 2014
    @granthes I'm getting the same ghost llama and I've done everything you've said.
    EDIT: Ha! I got it. Don't know how I did it, but I got it. Thanks Grant for all the tutorials and the mod.
    Post edited by orangeplumbob on
    @granthes - Thank you! That worked like a charm!
    edited September 2014
    @granthes sorry to bother you again, but I'm having the same issue on a different package and this isn't working. Instead of "0A" it's "01" and when I go to the "1" line at the bottom the code there is what's in the box for the _img, but now the group and isntance numbers are the same as the ones on the CASP file (but the type is different).

Not sure what's up - I uploaded the new package in case that helps. :|

Nevermind. Using CM on an item with no swatch, adding a new swatch, and then replacing that one fixed my problem.
    Post edited by MomGinny on
  • cmarinetticmarinetti Posts: 147 Member
    edited September 2014
    I just ran into this and found that my swatch will only work if the Instance ID is 0x00000000. In fact, in one case the CASP had a TGI with an instance of 0x80000000 per the guidelines while the swatch had an (incorrect, I thought) instance of 0x00000000 and it still worked in-game. I haven't tested thoroughly but thought I'd let you know.
    Post edited by cmarinetti on
    cmarNYC on MTS.