Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is Diesel worth getting?

I'm kinda of edge on getting any stuff packs. Would it be better just to get expansion since it adds new gameplay? Just wondering if Diesel is worth getting or if I should just get another expansion pack (i assume that the older expansions should be cheap by now).

Comments

• DomagojpanicDomagojpanic Posts: 66 Member
    Expansions are always better, but I love diesel because it adds 'normal' clothing and some nice furniture.
  • GazpachoidGazpachoid Posts: 372 Member
    stuff packs are the biggest rip offs. especially diesel and katy perry. The only stuff packs I strictly recommend getting are high end loft (cause i like the modern high end theme) and fast lane (cause i like cars). The rest are bogus and only add new clothes accessories and objects you'll probably never really even use. Stuff packs never add new gameplay.
  • anneloes740anneloes740 Posts: 171 Member
    I actually really like the diesel stuff pack. I always use the clothing since its more normal :) Also the furniture is really nice so yeah i don't regret getting it :D
  • piglovinggirlpiglovinggirl Posts: 124 Member
    Diesel is one of my favorite stuff packs. but it really is all about how you play sims and your personal style.
  • frostpotfrostpot Posts: 208 Member
    Basically,
    Add an bed with unrecolourable sheets, no-one bats an eye.
    Have clothes with (cringe) E.nglish in them, everyone loses their minds.
    MAKE THAT A MEME.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've got Diesel Stuff and it's been worth it to me because some of the furniture would work well for a dive bar and the clothing gives me more choices for my sims.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    I would say it's worth it because of the nice everyday clothing selections is offers for both men and women. So many stuff packs are heavily geared towards only female sims, so it was nice to see one where there were some really nice everyday clothes for men as well. There is also some furniture which I'll use often, but as said above, it is really disappointing that you can't recolour the bed and you don't have an option with any of the tables to remove the decals on the top and just have the table style.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • ChaotinaChaotina Posts: 43 Member
    edited August 2014
    I think it is worth getting; there are some nice clothes in a unique style
    chaotina.wordpress.com
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    MiyuEmi wrote: »
    I would say it's worth it because of the nice everyday clothing selections is offers for both men and women. So many stuff packs are heavily geared towards only female sims, so it was nice to see one where there were some really nice everyday clothes for men as well. ...

This. All my male sims wear Diesel clothes now.
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I love the clothing in Diesel. It's what I bought it for, and they are my favorite of all I have in the game, from anywhere. I consider it well worth it. But, I also did get it on sale. I don't pay full price for very many things.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited October 2014
    I bought it on sale when I got Supernatural and it was a great buy because it's got great things for a new single's starter home I hope to build.I also want to use some of the clothing on some new households I hope to make.I've got no plans to uninstall anything I've bought and installed unless it's faulty.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Only you can decide if the content of a Stuff Pack is worth your money.

I actually bought Diesel for one item, and seldom use the rest of it. That was probably foolish of me. But I do use that one item all the time, so I am content.
  • Ninja1478Ninja1478 Posts: 351 Member
    I like the clothing from it :)
  • pinkieposhpinkieposh Posts: 241 Member
    I love 80 - 90% of items that came with it so yes it is worth it. But if you are choosing between EP or SP, better get an EP. They have a lot more to offer than SP :smile:
    tumblr_phvdhrrkdl1qcy6v1o1_r2_540.png
    My Page My Simblr My Studio
    My YouTube Channel
  • Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    edited December 2014
    Look below.
  • Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    This is one of the better stuff packs in this game...If you do want to get it though, I recommend this mod. It'll let you remove the weird stencils on some of the furniture..Download the second file on it..not the first one. Diesel comes with a lot of nice jeans..that look way better than the jeans in available in any other expansions. The furniture is really stylish and all and is based on real-life designs.
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    I'm kinda of edge on getting any stuff packs. Would it be better just to get expansion since it adds new gameplay? Just wondering if Diesel is worth getting or if I should just get another expansion pack (i assume that the older expansions should be cheap by now).

Expansions are always better. With expansions you will get new gameplay and new stuff and in most of them, new worlds also.
    In stuff pack you will get just stuff. High-end loft stuff is the only stuff pack with new gameplay.

So get all expansions first, then stuff packs.

I like all stuff packs, but I like expansions waaaaaaaaaay more.
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    Gazpachoid wrote: »
    stuff packs are the biggest rip offs. especially diesel and katy perry. The only stuff packs I strictly recommend getting are high end loft (cause i like the modern high end theme) and fast lane (cause i like cars). The rest are bogus and only add new clothes accessories and objects you'll probably never really even use. Stuff packs never add new gameplay.

High-End loft stuff pack has few objects with new gameplay.
  • JoeJoe11JoeJoe11 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Diesel was always one of my least favourite SPs - for what it is, I find it overpriced (even more so than the other SPs). My personal favourites, if you're looking for an SP, are Town Life Stuff and Outdoor Living Stuff.
    c0Ixg8O.png
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    If you are looking for clothes then this is a great one. I love the jeans they have for men <3 That part is seriously lacking.
  • dreamsong1968dreamsong1968 Posts: 4,473 Member
    The furniture in Diesel is excellent quality from your sim's perspective--high comfort and environment scores. I also like the style of the furniture AND the clothing. Most of the time I will like the furniture in a pack and dislike the clothing (HEL) or I will like the clothing but not the furniture. I thought this pack was well worth the money!
  • ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    I don't own this SP but the main complaint I constantly hear, is the inability to recolor a lot of these items.
  • AlwaysTheSunAlwaysTheSun Posts: 388 Member
    Of course! In my opinion it's the best stuff pack. Finally we have nice jeans!
  • lovelylisaclovelylisac Posts: 1,291 Member
    I love it, it's my favourite stuff pack. Finally, nice jeans for men. Just a shame they didn't make them for teen boys too.
  • lovespandas1lovespandas1 Posts: 635 Member
    Yes! Lovely clothes, objects, all kinds of REALLY nice items!
    Get it NOWW!
    you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?