Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play and Share continued

Comments

• Options
    Zabeth0Zabeth0 Posts: 1,337 Member
    edited August 2014
    @Catrilla: Lol, oh dear, well at least he could fight the burglar...I'm sure his mother was embarrassed, but the police officer wasn't doing anything... She should be ashamed leaving it to a teenager in his skivvies. (I'm assuming from height). :D

@IreneSwift: I have from time to time had to have kids do their homework at school...though I don't make a practice of it, I prefer them to make friends or talk to their friends at school instead...I've had a couple of times where I messed up and they had to sleep at school...and I've only had one kid get detention for it once as far as I remember. But I think it takes a couple of days of not doing the homework for their grade to fall... right? I mean, I think it happened once...but I think it was like three days...and I didn't catch on immediately because most of the kids I've had in families have autonomously settled down to do school work. Then I had one that didn't. After I had them do the old homework, they turned it around...of course that's been a while, since I've been playing the Veers for over a year now, and this was not the Veers lol. :D

That logic is coming right along. :D Hmm, I guess the harvester isn't really faster if you have to have a nearby table to sit down with a laptop and play your fun bar back up in order to continue. I stand corrected. :D Yeah, not going into the snowstorm with the contents of the potty chair- worth fixing the garbage compactor! Well, sounds like Benjamin's having a markedly good day, at least! Lol, and Crystal got to sleep in, and get read to, it's a good day. :D Love the reading with children, it's so cute. :D It also goes like popcorn in the library. :D What word did the site sensor?
  • Options
    CatrillaCatrilla Posts: 1,708 Member
    yeah, he just aged up and the game glitched again by not saving his new trait (restart of the game sorts it out).
    screenshot_original.jpg
    they met first day of school, this is his bride to be. i'm a little dismayed as she's ugly in a pretty way, it all depends on the angle; but he turned out rather generic looking so...yeah. i've loaded him up with his mother's paintings and will move him out of the ice cream truck stalked house.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    it followed them around town, i swear. every day i have it parked at the house, it's just creepy.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Saturday morning after breakfast, Jason asked Justice for a kiss under the mistletoe.

1kissunderthemistletoe.jpg

Jason left the garden alone for the day, and the family left for the Winter Festival as soon as everyone was ready. The first thing they did was to get a winter greeting card photo. I don't know why they didn't put on their outerwear when they left the house, but it did make for a little bit better picture.

2gettingwintergreetingcardphoto.jpg

Everyone wanted to make snowmen, but Justice also wanted to make a snow angel, so she did that first. By then Jason and Benjamin had already started their snowman, so she made one of her own.

3makingsnowmen.jpg

I wonder if Jason is thinking he and Benjamin need to make a better snowman than Justice's.

4isitacompetition.jpg

They finished theirs first, but it didn't look much different than Justice's, once she finished hers too.

5finishedsnowman.jpg

Crystal was happy playing with her teddy bear in the snow while the rest of the family did their thing.

6crystalplaysinthesnowtoo.jpg

Justice and Benjamin both wanted to skate on the pond next, but Jason wanted to go snowboarding. Justice mastered the skating skill while she and Benjamin skated.

8justiceandbenjaminskateonthepond.jpg

7jasongoessnowboarding.jpg

Jason's athletic skill must have given him an advantage at snowboarding, because he was doing tricks right from the start.

9snowboardingtricks.jpg

Justice was quite peeved with Dorie Hart for wrecking her snowman. She was tempted to beat her up for it, but instead, she walked on by. It seemed Dorie had enough problems already, if she didn't have the sense to dress warmly in such cold weather.

10doriewrecksjusticessnowman.jpg

Justice was going to help Jason and Benjamin make an igloo, but by the time she got to them, they had finished it.

11igloo.jpg

Justice was cold and needed to warm up. She thought some hot chocolate would help, but it wasn't enough to really warm her.

12hotchocolate.jpg

Meanwhile Jason and Benjamin had started a snowball fight.

13snowballfight.jpg

It was getting time to have some dinner, and the family preferred to go home for that, so Crystal could eat in her high chair instead of in the snow. Jason went to the concession stand to see what they might be able to buy with their festival tickets, but there was nothing that would be of much use to them. Spring would arrive the next day, and it would be a long time before they would be able to snowboard or ice skate again. Dorie doesn't seem to be the only one who doesn't know enough to dress for the weather.

14redeemingfestivaltickets.jpg

Unfortunately, they had waited just a bit too late to leave. Crystal had her birthday right there ate the park.

15crystalsbirthday.jpg

Crystal Morgan as a child

16crystalmorganasachild.jpg

The family went home for dinner anyway. They were all getting cold, and would rather eat in the warmth of their own home, rather than outdoors at the park, in the snow. It was getting late, and everyone was very hungry, so Justice opted for a quick meal of pizza.

17pizzafordinner.jpg

Jason played dominoes with the children while they waited for dinner.

18waitingfordinnertobeready.jpg

Once they finished dinner, everyone went upstairs to bed. Tomorrow was the first day of spring, and everyone was looking forward to the return of warmer weather.
  • Options
    @Zabeth0 I'd rather have the kids making friends at school too, but I don't want them to not do their homework. I have NRaas Story Progression set for them to meet all of their classmates immediately, which helps. Besides that, I usually use Master Controller to make them friends with at least some of the kids right away, because it's totally ridiculous how long it takes to make friends at school, especially when, in my games, each sim day is the equivalent of 6 human months. It's pretty pathetic if it takes 4 or 5 years to make even one friend at school. Usually, anybody who doesn't have friends after being in school that long is never going to have any at all.

I've never had any kids sleep in school, or get detention, so I didn't even know it could happen, until recently when somebody mentioned one of theirs getting detention. I don't really know how long it takes for their grades to drop either, but since both they and their parents want them on the honor roll, and their childhood is actually quite short in my games, if they don't get their grades up quickly and keep them up, they won't get all those nice points at all.

My first teen runaway I played didn't go to school at all. She was in hiding so that she wouldn't be caught and returned to the abusive home she ran away from. She actually graduated, but with a fail. They really shouldn't even had known she existed.

I'm going to avoid the abacus in the future. Both of these kids had all of the skill books read to them, and mastered the peg box, besides for playing with the abacus. Normally, after the skill books and peg box being maxed out, when they do something logic related as a child, they are instantly at level 4. This time, they both only got level 1. The only logic-related thing even remotely different from every single one of my sim kids that always got level 4, was that they played with the abacus. But, if the next sim toddler doesn't play with the abacus and still doesn't get level 4 after doing everything else, then I'll know it must be a glitch related to the new EP's.

Markedly bad day, you mean? What with getting up so late he had to miss breakfast, working on late homework instead of chatting with his friends, then being away from home until he was so starved he autonomously made himself a m'uffin (that's the word that was censored), I wouldn't call it a particularly good day. But at least he did get his homework finished this time, and faster than usual, since the library is so helpful with that, and got in some reading besides.
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    Wow it has been quiet around here. Will be back later to post some random pics from my alien game. Nothing too exciting lol.

See you all later and will be back to comment as well.
  • Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    @Zabeth0 I have been keeping up with your stories just not commenting due to other stuff going on and not enough time to do full comments for all the stories I read but I have to say "the carrots" has officially become one of my favorite lines ever. Just an absolutely brilliant analogy for the downside of something :P

• Options
    OK, something is definitely going wrong with this thread. I posted comments before I posted those last two updates. Coming back now to comment again, and looking for my previous comments post so I can start again where I left off, that comments post I did post, which did not give me a message that it had to be moderated, and which actually appeared when I posted it, is now missing. It's possible I clicked the wrong thing and only previewed it when I thought I posted it, I guess, but I certainly didn't think so. So, I guess I'm going to have to go back and do it over, because even though I write my comments on a word processor, once it's posted successfully, I close it without saving. I guess from now on, I'm going to save them instead.

@Colorist40 I did manage to get to town yesterday. The storm didn't last as long for us, I guess. It was still raining when I went, but not hard, and no wind or lightning. We may have only gotten the edge of it.

That's a good idea to add just a few things into each new game you play. Eventually, you'll get it all covered, and you'll probably find some more features along the way, that you'll want to keep using.

To use the harvester, Jason has to constantly rotate. Besides that, sometimes it starts shaking and acting like it's getting out of control, and Jason has to fight to keep it under control. I'm sure that has something to do with his getting stressed from using it.

@Zabeth0 I like the panda hat on Crystal too. I was thinking after I finished with her outfits that maybe I should have given her the panda suit as her outerwear too, or maybe given them to Benjamin and give her the bunny ones.

I gave Benjamin that bed because it was the single bed with the highest sleep rating, and I thought it was great for a child. I tried to find a princess bed or something for Crystal, but there wasn't one. I did find a different one with just as high a sleep rating for her, but I'm thinking that maybe I should have given her the ship too. She's already got the adventurous trait, and she's going to be my next adventurer. But she'll have beds in their vacation homes too, so I can give it to her there instead.

When Justice was married to an inventor in a previous game, he made the harvester too. The only thing I ever had him use it for was to collect the scrap after he detonated the junk piles at the junkyard. I didn't even realize it could be used for harvesting a garden until you mentioned it, despite the name. Maybe because in real life, using something like that to harvest fruits and vegetables would completely destroy them.

Have you ever watched Jake use the harvester? Sometimes it starts bucking and jerking, and Jason has to fight to keep it under control. And if they keep it up long enough, they get dizzy from rotating.

So, now comes the talk with Jae. It seems to be going pretty well, so far. I hope the bad part doesn't bother her too much. She seems like a cheerful little girl, so hopefully, she won't be too sad about the restrictions she'll have to live with.

@TadOlson Why do they need so much money before they can have a baby? Is it so they can finish the house and buy furniture for themselves too, before they buy the baby things?

I like that washstand in the bathroom. Is it third party CC? Is that an iPad on the table? What is that thing in front of the house? Is it a coat rack? I like those candle sconce lights too. I even use them in houses where they do have electricity, because I think they're so pretty.

@dreamerz13 Thank you. I am going to get back to those families eventually, but not until I at least get to the point where the Morgans' kids grow up and move out. Crystal is going to be my next adventurer, moved into a new game with her brother, so he'll be available for those times when she needs help with some of the tombs.

@Celiria I hope school goes well for you this term. My son starts classes tomorrow.

@Catrilla Did the police woman give your household a $500 reward for apprehending the burglar themselves? They always do when my sims beat the burglar.

You can actually click on the town hall of a computer to use Relativity too, just like the other mods.
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    Hi my dear simming friends. I'm still here and reading your stories. Today I may not be on because I have to go get a tooth pulled.
    :) Smile!

• Options
    Puddinroy wrote: »
    Hi my dear simming friends. I'm still here and reading your stories. Today I may not be on because I have to go get a tooth pulled.

Youch so sorry. Hope it goes well.
  • Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    Colorist40 wrote: »
    Puddinroy wrote: »

Youch so sorry. Hope it goes well.
    Hope it goes well

• Options
    CatrillaCatrilla Posts: 1,708 Member
    @IreneSwift yes, she did give my household $500. i suppose it's better than the fine that they used to give you for a false alarm. i also love that one pic you have of the toddler in the snow hugging the teddy bear.
  • Options
    @Catrilla: I've found that most sims look good at some angles and bad at others. :D Lol@ the strange, stalking ice cream truck! :D

@IreneSwift: Yeah, the games sometimes does that, gets all confused whether they need outerwear for snow or not lol. :D Probably the same thing that made your family leave the house without outerwear made the townies come in whatever they happened to be wearing lol. :D Bare arms? Tiny skirt, yeah...craziness! There is snow on the ground. The only explanation I could see is if they were from the far north and they were like 'You call this snow?' and 'look, I don't even have to get dressed for your wimpy snow!' lol :D

Well, at least it's (the snow is) not above her head! :D I still wish that toddlers could play in the snow like kids do in the sand. Or try to eat it or something. Well, at least with her snow bear she kind of looks like she's playing with the snow lol. :D

Yeah, Rafael did the same thing, having never snowboarded, he just went there and started doing tricks, and I was all like...wha? Where did this come from? But I'm sure it has to do with the athletic skill...since he's really close to being maxed there. Well, see, Justice just taught her daughter about self control, where if she'd lost her temper and beat Miss Hart up for attacking her snowman, she would have been setting a bad example. :D After all, it's not like she would have lost, (Sim Fu and brave enough to face mummies and all that), so she's obviously taking the higher ground. I love the pic of them playing dominoes. They are such a nice little family. :D It is ridiculous how long it takes- and as I've previously mentioned how much I hate friend maintenance in the game, (hence why I usually send my sim out to meet a lot of sims really fast to get the celebrity challenge over with...lol), this part is also a symptom of that- that it used to be totally necessary to do that to get the kids to know people so that by the time they are in high school they have someone to ask to the prom lol. However, since I'm playing with aging off, it's not so much a concern anymore...but my play style has been influenced by these things, and now it's habit...besides, they did no better working hard in school or doing average work in school, it usually still took three days to raise the C to an A, so I figured that the time was better spent on making friends. However, on occasion, I have messed up with the kids, and kept them out too late with their parents or picked eating over sleep...or something like that...so I have run into sleeping in class as an option...however, they have less chance of being sent to detention for it if they have higher grades... Yeah, when I had teen Rafael as a Thug, I mostly made him skip school too (Storywise, it should be obvious why)...but they know supernaturally...lol. Yeah, the first one was a very bad day for him. :D Sorry, I seem to have run them together, next day was a good day for both of them, she slept in, he got a good breakfast lol. :D

Oh, that's what happened! Hmm, well, can we start another thread while this one is still active? I mean, the last time someone started another one it was because the previous thread was locked..?

Yeah, that would totally not work in real life. I honestly mostly sent him out to garden when I was dealing with other things...and I mostly stuck the harvester in his hand so he could hurry up and get the gardening over with, I was pretty puzzled by the stressed out stuff. I thought he was just being bored at me since he's got no traits for wanting to garden and I was making him work lol. (He doesn't love the outdoors, he's not a green thumb or a gatherer, he's excitable and childish, though, so his needs for fun are...a bit higher, I think...) But it's been a while, since I got that glitch about things just never having things to harvest again after winter...and they have so much money, so it's actually been ages since I sent Jake out to garden. But I haven't been playing Jake's game very much, outside of trying to figure out if there is a way to save them. The other day, I even moved them to another town, and the glitches and the lag followed them. I'm probably going to have to save them each to the bin, write down all their skills and remake them in another world to fix it..which means adding in the MC Cheats Mod...to see if I can add their skills back in... but I did start their game and play it on a computer that could barely run it, and crashed almost every day...so there is probably a very good chance that their game is totally corrupted... So, I'm probably going to do all that work to rebuild them...I just haven't done the work yet, at least until the other day, I thought I could possibly save them as they are by just moving them...but no. But I really like their family, so naturally I'll do the work...I just didn't want to if I didn't have to. And maybe I've been dragging my feet a little lol.

@Colorist: Cool. :D I hope to see you later! :D (And see what your superhero is up to!)

@Celiria: Lol- thanks. :D Glad to be of service.

@Puddinroy: Wow, that's no fun. Good luck!

• Options
    edited August 2014
    @Zabeth0 When you moved the Veers to another town, did you just move them, or did you move their possessions with them? It would be a pain to have to make them over, but you can restore everything with MC, so long as you write it all down so you can get it right. I just spent 5 or 6 hours today fixing what the game did to the Morgans. With both kids aged up to child, it was time for them to travel again. Justice had an opportunity to take stir-fry to the restaurant, but she hadn't bought the recipe while she was there. At the time, I was planning on them doing more adventuring, and was going to wait until their next trip for the things they didn't have the skill level for on that first trip.

When they got to China, the whole town had been completely reset, including their house. All of the relics they'd left there were gone. I tried several things to get the house back, but nothing worked. Saving the one they'd had to the library, even after having them sell it in the last save when they were there, didn't work, because the icon still showed it as already being occupied, even though it wasn't. So, I finally transferred Alex's relics to them, sent them to China, and then spent over 2 hours restoring the house to what it had been, and buying the new things I was planning to buy anyway. And I will have to do the same thing again in the other two vacation worlds, when they go there. They actually stayed in the other ones, so there's more to lose in those. This one in China, they bought it just before they returned home, only spent a couple of hours there.

I don't know if it was because of installing UL to my game, which added another destination world to the game. If so, that means Alex and Farid will have lost their houses too. At least Angela didn't keep any of hers, so if I go back to her, there won't be any issue.

I almost wished I had aged Crystal up before they went to the winter festival. She will be a teen before winter comes around again, and will not have any childhood experience with those fun things they can do in the snow.

The previous thread wasn't locked until after Wikichick started this one. I wasn't in the other one, but I got in at the start of this one, and I remember that discussion. They said something about the thread glitching and posts disappearing being the reason for the new one.

@Puddinroy I hope you don't have any problems with having your tooth pulled. After the problems I had last time I had one pulled, I'll never do it again without someone to accompany me, then stay with me at home for several hours afterward.

@Catrilla Thank you.
    Post edited by IreneSwift on
  • Options
    AaeiynAaeiyn Posts: 521 Member
    Page 246

MayaRose1138 - Thank you very much! I'll be sure to return the favor ;) I think I've reached it because my rank is now "Member" as opposed to "New Member", but I'm still going to comment because I love you guys.

Zabeth0 - LOL IK I've been debating forever on the subject matter of whether or not I want Supernatural, but I'm perfectly content with my game as it is. I think I'll just sit on the side lines and watch other simmers play that EP xD A scientist on a broom is very ironic xD Nice capture of that lake. I think your guys' work paid off because my rank is now Member so BIG Thanks to every participant! ^_^

Page 247

Zabeth0 - How I've missed reading about Sun Young. I like Jake, too, but I've always been bias to the female community :X

AiHaou - Oh man! That sucks! Thank goodness you had a back up plan!

GrayLady2010 - Haha, oopsie! That place almost looks like the Bistro!

Colorist40 - IK the feeling.

msbeckycat - Yay parties! ^_^

Zabeth0 - Green baby! Aw, I love music, too :X IK what you mean.

Puddinroy - Take your time ^_^ IK I have.

IreneSwift - Thank you sweetie ^_^ you guys did a good job because I'm a member already with just two posts xD

TadOlson - Thank you! Missed y'all. Y'all keep me entertained ^_^

Zabeth0 - LOL, daw sucks we can't share YT vids. YT vids are so universal, though, oh well.

Ireneswift - Daw, that panda bear picture is so precious! Crystal is my sister's name ^_^ Bad Jason for breaking the blender! Daw, precious moment with the children playing peekaboo ^_^ Nice greenhouse! That is awesome! Your place is awesome! I fail at making sofas face the fire pits nicely, IDK how I'm capable of doing so xD Crystal hiding in the toy box is priceless. IK she's not really hiding, she's really "playing", but I still think they're hiding xD Jason digging through the trash pile reminds of the TV show Firefly, when the crew members were digging through the trash piles to create an ambulance vehicle to sneak into the hospital. Although, Jason needs to come back to the house so Justice can stop being Stir Crazy.

Zabeth0 - I don't think IK this family of your's with Zelda and Rafael. I do love new stories, though ^_^

Page 248
    AiHaou - Is she swimming in lava? LOL

Colorist40 - Thank you love. You guys did awesome because I'm a Member already.

Page 249
    Celiria - Thank you so much! Thank you guys ^_^

msbeckycat - Leslie is pro if she's doing her job in her swimsuit, is it? LOL

Colorist40 - I've been feeling the same way. Finding the forums more interesting then my games, which is why it took me three days to respond because I didn't feel like playing after posting because I got turned off after finding out the rule, right? But you guys did awesome for fixing that for me ^_^ As far as suggestions goes, I remember you and I discussed about how you don't like building houses, maybe challenge yourself with that? Again, you can do what you like, darling.

IreneSwift - Yes, I love it when people post their sims doing music stuff ^_^ Makes me happy ^_^ She's pro though. Playing the piano in the kitchen? Haha, love it! While I have the boat bed, I can never cosmetically fit it into my home xD But you did a fabulous job! Love the children playing peekaboo <3 So what if it's big? The photo is adorable!

Catrillia - Awesome! ^_^

Colorist40 - I'm sure you already decided, but if my opinion still counts, I like superhero outfit number 2.

IreneSwift - Benjamin's a Genius, isn't he? Only Genius children can do that ;) Benjamin sounds fun ^_^ Morning Kisses and Hugs are important, and a great joy for me to read ;P That greenhouse is growing! dude that arcade looks awesome, and skee ball is awesome! I love skee ball! ^_^

Catrillia - How can you tell if somebody flags you?

Page 250
    TadOlson - Thank you for the explanation. Interesting looking house.

Catrilla - I wouldn't worry about it. If anything, we'll outweigh the negative for ya ^_^

AiHaou - Because nobody would suspect the Criminal Industry to be residing in the volcano /nod

dreamerz13 - No worries, love the wedding ^_^

MiwaPRO - LOL Priceless! ^_^

Colorist40 - Love it ^_^ The power of projection. That's quite a powerful power. Wouldn't want to 🐸🐸🐸🐸 her off xD

Zabeth0 - I don't think it's you. I think the forums are glitchy. Pretty premature immigration, IMHO.

mcbeckycat - Hurray for babies!

AiHaou - Maybe.

TadOlson - It's good for sims just starting out ;)

Zabeth0 - Evil Travel Agent? Evil? Oh now, LOL. Love the dragon ^_^ Beautiful screenshots.

Page 252
    Catrillia - Doesn't look like somebody beating up the burglar, looks like a dance party xD

Zabeth0 - Daw, they're playing dolls together <3 Nice capture of the girl playing with the dolls!

IreneSwift - You're in Sunset Valley, I can tell. Mainly because of the children area at the Sunset Valley library ;)

Catrillia - You're in Sunset Valley, too! ^_^ I love Sunset Valley ^_^

IreneSwift - Love the ice skating moment. That snowboarding shot is awesome. Nice igloo. Snowball fight! Haha, why not grow up at the park?

Puddinroy - Ach, getting your teeth pulled sucks. I despite dentists -_-

Aight, I'm slightly caught up. Thanks for making me a member guys ^_^
  • Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited August 2014
    First chapter of my new story will be posted some time tomorrow, no more delays.

Though just an update, it won't star Brenna. The reason for this is that my mind keeps coming up with detailed story ideas when I just want to keep this simple and play the game for a change.

So to combat this I created a new set of sims this afternoon and will start playing them tomorrow without giving myself time to over think it or come up with a story beyond the backstory of the characters.

Brenna will be reserved for some time down the line when I am in the mood to do a more detailed story.

Hope everyone has a good evening, happy simming.

• Options
    bishtybishty Posts: 393 Member
    Hi guys :P Contrary to popular belief I have not died :D jk :P I'm in serious mourning though because I've lost my passport WHY. Last time I moved house I was 12 and I lost my chemistry book. This time I'm 18 and I've lost my only form of ID, and I only just got it renewed and all. WHY :'( I swear if I find it I will start believing in God again lol. Le sigh. I've been keeping up reading the thread though, I just can't really play atm :(
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Zabeth0-Great tour guide update!Thanks for the comment.I want others to be able to build on any lot size.Great update!
    Catrilla-Great update!I hate it when the game glitches things out like the UL protests in my games.I've got one game in a town with Sunset Valley's terrain and the town is Gibsons which was my first attempt in CAW.
    IreneSwift-Great update!It looks like the temperature for changing into and out of outerwear needs changing in Retuner.I used a CC sink in the kitchen and the iPad is also CC.There's a broom stand with a broom in front of the house for the new occupant to move into the house because she's a witch and just a nine year old kid living alone.The Jankowskys need more money for having a baby in case they had twins and end up both having to quit their jobs to look after tha babies.
    Aeiyn-Hi there and welcome back.Thanks for the comment.I did two versions of that house and the CC-loaded one is just for my own use though I can tell where I got the CC from for anybody who might want to add that to their own game.
    Celiria-It sounds like you've got a plan.
    bishty- I know how it feels to lose ID because it happened to me once and I ended up getting it back.I hate it when you lose something important to you.
    I'll get my update posted a little later.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    a9trhx.jpg

Rafael couldn't help but think how early they were up, though it's not as though this was a work night. He'd just been working nights so long he didn't know what he was doing up before noon. Though some of him knew he was up before noon because being awake was so pleasant. Outside of the pain...did he pull something? Why did his blood feel like glass in his veins? Oh, he was just making too big a deal out of this...it was obviously he just did something 🐸🐸🐸🐸 when he was juiced, hurt himself, then was more active than he should have been, going out and snowboarding and throwing snowballs, and running out and getting married, then dancing and...yeah, so he was sore, it was so worth it. But he really thought he was making progress with her... she'd just used magic to make him breakfast that he wanted, obviously there was some start of caring there. She knew perfectly well she could make him eat whatever she wanted. Was it just the novelty? She said she'd never cooked for anyone else before...how long had she been alone?

20k9n38.jpg

Zelda: "So what is your patronymic?" She looked a little worried about the pancakes, had she never had buckwheat pancakes before? Had she only eaten the paste ones? What would that be like...would it be unpleasant because she could actually taste something besides the syrup? Surely not, surely once she started eating real food she wouldn't want to go back.

Rafael: Well, it wasn't as though she were going to turn him over to Konstantin Petrovich. And as much as he didn't like his father, the name was still part of his identity, and since he loved her, he did want her to know who he was. Even if it meant that he might, eventually, have to talk about his father. "Nikitich."

1okei9.jpg

Rafael: He was enjoying every bite of these pancakes, they were almost as good at his grandmother's, but she couldn't be expected to live up to that; these buckwheat pancakes were better than any he'd had since he left Russia.

Zelda: "...So, you're dad's name was Nik? That doesn't sound Russian either."

Rafael: "Nikita." He corrected gently.

Zelda: She laughed. "You're dad's name...was...Nikita?" She laughed some more.

wrgjgz.jpg

Rafael: He blinked. "Yes. My fathyer's nyame vas Nikita. Vhy arre you laughink? Vhy is that funny?"

Zelda: She laughed more at the look on his face. "Nikita, it's a girl's name!"

scu8sw.jpg

Rafael: "Oh, you Simericans!" He said in exasperation. "You tyake a male nyame, and gif it to girrl, and then you pretyend it's a girrl's nyame. Nikita is a male name in Russia, and it alvays has been."

2pt6iyh.jpg

Zelda: She was still clearly amused. "Well, I met a woman named Nikita in France, my parents and I took the trip when I was quite young, but even I wasn't sold on how much glitter and sequins and fringes and ruffles she wore. She had the long fake nails and couldn't do nearly anything. So, that's why I was laughing. Of course your dad wasn't a female. Obviously."

29ar90x.jpg

Zelda: "Sorry." She said it quietly.

10dva12.jpg

Rafael: She didn't have to apologize, it wasn't as though he was angry, but it almost struck him as odd that she did apologize. He felt good, though, this was probably a sign that she cared...maybe not a lot, but a little, and he could build on that. "It's alrryight. It's not as though he can kyill you forr sayink so, beink he's qvite dyead."
    Post edited by Zabeth0 on
  • Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Say hello to Albie Vaughan
  • Options
    AaeiynAaeiyn Posts: 521 Member
    A big DUH! I totally remember Rafael now! Zelda, not so much.
  • Options
    Hey all change of plans. I got to playing Kendra and had so much fun, I lost track of time. I will post pics tomorrow there will be a small story, but not as text heavy as others, as some things have happened in game that I didn't set up, that I think will make it interesting to at least make a note of them along with the pics.

I will comment tomorrow, have a Shrek update by Sat. for sure, Anson early next week, Sisters next week as well.

@Celiria will try to have hulin update by next weekend. I will be updating Hulin's every other week I hope lol.

As I got so much on my plate I think I am going to update two stories one week, and the other two the next week. Hope that won't be too hard on anybody lol.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Zabeth0-Great update!I hope things end up going well for your sims.
    msbecycat-He's very cute!
    Aaeiyn-The story has progressed while you were gone.
    Here's my own update from Glen Harbor.
    Cory and Angel Frankovitch got up early in the morning on the first day of spring and the start of the year of 1661 to get ready for the day and Cory spent the morning tending to their plants while Angel studied athletic skill on his iPad.
    14872490907_127f158fa5.jpg
    They also ate pancakes and put the leftovers away so they'd have them for later.
    14872375400_4c6252f009.jpg
    They both neded up having to start getting ready for work at 1PM and left by 2:30 in the afternoon for their jobs.
    15059044035_306ef76ac7.jpg
    They both got home at 6PM and were starving and ate salad for dinner before they could get to bed.
    15059055565_e634c488f9.jpg
    They were both in bed by 9PM and getting to sleep by then.
    15059060675_1a8a08fa87.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Wow It's been so long guys. Anyway Anthony turned into a Zombie which killed his relationship with Ian.
    Pewdiepie and Vera are now going steady.
    They have a toddler named Stephano who's imaginary friend is Mr.Chair.

6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    djsdragongirldjsdragongirl Posts: 843 Member
    Hello everyone, my name is djsdragongirl, but you can just call me Dragon. I'm 45 yrs old and have 3 children. I have been playing sims for a while now and I love reading through all of your stories. I had started my story over on my page under my memories, but then moved it over to a blog page. My story so far is only one family with 5 children, but the children are growing up fast and I just wanted to know if maybe you guys would like to read it and give me some idea's on if I'm doing it right, what you like/or don't like, what you want to see/or not see more/less of? I don't know how to move my story over here so what I did was make it a blog. It's the first time I've ever blogged so I don't even know if I did it right.

Anyway if you would like to read it and maybe give me any idea's or even tell me how to move it over here, I'd really appreciate it. Here is the link to my blog: http://djsdragongirl.blogspot.com/2014/08/meet-rochas-branden-and-cora-rocha.html
  • Options
    Sunday morning, Jason finally remembered to give Justice the flowers he'd bought for her on Friday.

1flowersforjustice.jpg

Everyone woke early this morning. Now that there are no toddlers to get up, it was almost hard to figure out what Justice and Jason should do before breakfast. It had been a long time since Jason had worked out, because he'd been so busy in the garden and inventing. It seemed to be a good choice, especially since I changed his LTW to Physical Perfection, meaning that he has to master both athletic and martial arts skills. Justice practised sim fu while he ran on the treadmill.

2workingouttogetherbeforebreakfast.jpg

Now, Crystal has also discovered the fun of submarine adventures. Benjamin had to go downstairs and use the shower instead.

3crystalssubmarineadventure.jpg

Justice had plenty of time to prepare breakfast after finishing with her practise. Since she had never made key lime pie before, she made that this morning.

4keylimepieforbreakfast.jpg

The children played together with the building blocks while waiting for breakfast.

5playingwithblocksbeforebreakfast.jpg

At breakfast, Justice tells the children they are eating with silverware here, but soon they will be making a trip to China, where they will learn to eat with chopsticks.

6eatingbreakfast.jpg

Although it was the first day of spring, it was snowing outside, and cold, so the children played chess inside.

7playingchess.jpg

As usual, Jason went to the greenhouse to tend his garden as soon as he finished eating.

8gardeninginthegreenhouse.jpg

Mid-morning, the snow changed to rain.

9firstdayofspringsnow.jpg

After tending to the laundry and other chores, Justice worked out on the treadmill.

10workingoutontreadmill.jpg

It took no time at all for the snow to melt once it had started raining.

11snowmelt.jpg

After losing one game against Benjamin, and winning one, Crystal, being an athletic young lady, worked out with the stereo.

12crystalworksout.jpg

Benjamin preferred to work on his writing skill. I think he may be a journalist when he grows up, or maybe a writer.

13benjaminimproveshiswriting.jpg

For some unknown reason, several of the plants that Jason had planted a few days ago had died shortly after they started growing. Jason disposed of them, along with the barren ones. He would not plant replacements for them this time. Now that it was spring, he would plant outdoors again soon. But the Morgans would be traveling to their vacation home in Shang Simla in a few days, and his next garden would be planted there.

14disposingofdeadplants.jpg

Her workout finished, Justice began an upgrade to make the stove produce better meals. I'm not sure quite what good that is going to do, since she's already making perfect meals. She has the Born to Cook LTR, as well as Jason's perfect produce to work with. But Crystal will be learning to cook when she reaches her teen years. An improved stove would be helpful when that time came.

15upgradingstove.jpg

With fewer plants to tend, Jason finished his gardening early, and decided on a second workout.

16jasonpumpsiron.jpg

He also needed to get in more time at his martial arts practise.

17jasonpractisessimfu.jpg

After her workout, Crystal baked some m'uffins in her toy oven. Her first attempt resulted in a burnt m'uffin, which she disposed of, but her following attempts were successful. She baked four m'uffins altogether, one at a time, so each family member would have one. But she put them away for later. After baking her third edible m'uffin, Crystal achieved level one in the toy oven skill.

18crystalbakesm-uffins.jpg

Now that the rain had stopped, Benjamin went outside to play in the treehouse.

19benjaminplaysinthetreehouse.jpg

Jason went back out to the greenhouse to identify the seeds he'd found that morning.

20jasonidentifiesseeds.jpg

Afterward, he went to the grocery store to sell his produce, then met up with VJ Alvi to report on the results of his meditation a few days earlier. VJ actually paid him $1000 for it.

21reportingintovjalvi.jpg

Before going home, Jason stopped in at City Hall to receive a service award from the mayor. The mayor had many good things to say about Jason's well-kept, attractive gardens, and the high quality produce that came from them.

22gettingaserviceaward.jpg

Justice made veggie burgers for dinner. This was Crystal's favorite meal. While preparing the meal, Justice finally mastered cooking. Only moments later, Benjamin mastered the building blocks.

23veggieburgerfordinner.jpg

After dinner, everyone had some final chores to do. Crystal took out the trash.

24crystaltakesoutthetrash.jpg

Benjamin cleared the table and loaded the dishwasher.

25benjaminclearsupandloadsdishwasher.jpg

Jason emptied the recycling.

26jasonemptiestherecycling.jpg

Justice tended to the laundry.

27justiceputslaundryinthedryer.jpg

Finally, the family enjoyed a game of dominoes together before going to bed. It had been a very good day.

28playingdominoes.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top