Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Very bad lag in Isla Paradiso all of a sudden

I've been playing my family, consisting of two married adults and their toddler girl. They live in Isla Paradiso, in the small blue house opposite Rebecca's Café. This is very strange because all of a sudden I've been getting very bad lag. I've played this family since the adults were young adults minus their child, and up until now it lags for about five seconds before restarting, and it happens regularly. I'm seriously considering starting a new game, but it's a huge shame because I've had so much happen with this saved game, like lots of promotions and then the child and building up their house. I tried deleting the notorious Scott family and their houseboat with no luck. There is no way I'm installing mods to fix this. Is this temporary? It was playing smoothly earlier today, and it didn't start as soon as I loaded my game, it was like after half an hour it started. Should I try resetAllSims or whatever the cheat is to see if one of the ignorant NPCs had got stuck? I did install a game on my computer earlier today, but it was only Bejeweled 3, a small game. Any suggestions anyone, I'd be very grateful, because I know this problem has come up everywhere and it probably becomes tedious for you to read about someone complaining about the same problem you've heard a billions times already. Thank you.

Comments

• SungFishySungFishy Posts: 455 Member
    Did you download the routing fixes for Isla Paradiso? http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=514909
    Also what are your computer specs?
    Tech Support(inactive)
    QGuOHD4.gif?1
  • PurpleNightOwlPurpleNightOwl Posts: 205 Member
    I'm not going to do that dxdiag thing or whatever it's called, but I have a graphics card AMD Radeon R9 270x, 16GB memory (I actually have about 4GB left), and that's all I know. I know for a fact that my gaming PC definitely exceeds all the minimum requirements so this shouldn't be the problem. I don't want to download anything. It's not that I don't like mods, I just want to avoid any downloads for fixes. I'd rather try and work around the problem.
  • SungFishySungFishy Posts: 455 Member
    Well, unfortunately the lag in Isla Paradiso has been present since the release, and I can't really find any workarounds without mods.
    Sorry, I tried to fix your problem, but I couldn't. :(
    Tech Support(inactive)
    QGuOHD4.gif?1
    That's okay. Don't worry, it's not the end of the world. At the end of the day, it's just a game, and when I play my family tomorrow, it might be working normally again, but if not, I'm happy to make a new game. Thank you for trying to help though, I really appreciate it when I get a response almost straight away.
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    edited August 2014
    oh....I discovered something recently that helped with my lag...I haven't really had the chance to play in Isla pardiso to see how much it helped but it definitely helped with the lag in my other worlds...if you go into

Electronics Arts->Sims 3->FeaturedItems

there's all these thumbnails of stuff from the store that you don't need unless you like to use the in-game store feature, I usually just buy my store items from the site so I deleted them and it made a world of difference in my game :)

oh and they regenerate each time you go in-game so you have to delete them before or after you go in-game

Hope it helps you out :)
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    That's okay. Don't worry, it's not the end of the world. At the end of the day, it's just a game, and when I play my family tomorrow, it might be working normally again, but if not, I'm happy to make a new game. Thank you for trying to help though, I really appreciate it when I get a response almost straight away.

The lag ist mostly caused by the families in the premade houseboats and in houses with many stilts (Amigos, Medina). Let some of them move into empty houses on the main island.

Here's something new I found. After having more lag problems, I went into Edit Town, evicted the family who lives in the castle, deleted that family (I couldn't find a suitable home for such a big family) and I didn't delete the castle; instead I turned it into a No Visitors Allowed community lot. That seems to have done the trick - until the next time.
  • CheeezeyCheeezey Posts: 120 Member
    There are a number of lots in Isla Paradiso that cause routing issues. It's even worse if you have Pets installed, and the wild horses running around town. You could try turning on testing cheats and using the cheat "resetsim *" which will reset all the sims in your world, and hopefully move whichever one is stuck and causing the lag.
    "resetSim *" works, but only as a temporary fix before another annoying townie decides that they want to ruin my day and get stuck. I'm not really bothered by it though, at least it means I can still play in Isla Paradiso, it just means having to open the cheat window, but only now and again, it's not like I have to do it every five minutes (real time, not Sim game time.)
  • BlueSpaarkleBlueSpaarkle Posts: 92 Member
    I had the same problem and I solved it. All you ned to do is go to edit town and delete some houses. You need to delete houses of the households below:

Icatcha
    Scott
    Los Amigos
    Medina

If it still lags, then remove those houses as well:

The Romantic
    The Prince

Just delete those houses and move sims living in them somewhere else. Or just delete the sims as well.

I hope this helped.
    My Sims 3 Page: BlueSpaarkle
    ✿ Owning TS3 Store since June 2018✿
  • ULTIMATESIMSNERD251ULTIMATESIMSNERD251 Posts: 34 Member
    > @BlueSpaarkle said:
    > I had the same problem and I solved it. All you ned to do is go to edit town and delete some houses. You need to delete houses of the households below:
    >
    > Icatcha
    > Scott
    > Los Amigos
    > Medina
    >
    > If it still lags, then remove those houses as well:
    >
    > The Romantic
    > The Prince
    >
    > Just delete those houses and move sims living in them somewhere else. Or just delete the sims as well.
    >
    > I hope this helped.

You sir are a genius! it REALLY worked! OMG thxn so much! still have minor lag but that is because i have spotify up. once again thnx so much
  • ShadeTheMustangShadeTheMustang Posts: 36 Member
    Without mods, I don't think you can fix it. You might try around YouTube or something though. Maybe someone there figured out a way.
    "The horse. Here is nobility without conceit, friendship without envy, beauty without vanity. A willing servant, yet never a slave."
    ~Ronald Duncan

tumblr_n4tuosT4Ha1rogcvyo1_500.gif