Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play and Share continued

Comments

• Options
    Zabeth0Zabeth0 Posts: 1,337 Member
    @Colorist: Yeah. :D Neither one of them has done this before (the last line tells you Zelda hasn't either), but no, he definitely doesn't want her to know he's inexperienced, hence the stalling, and doing something romantic that he knows he's good at first. :D Having a loving, caring relationship before this happens is not only for women's sake; most guys don't want to ridiculed. He would usually never rush into something like this, but she's rushing him. She's impulsive, he's more careful, but obviously he doesn't want to look a gift horse in the mouth... :D

lol. :D She's actually rubbing it in Deedee's face- she sent her a picture (after she took it) and a text with the details, and she even slowed down in their walk through the frozen rose garden to give Deedee time to show up and try to stop her, but Deedee didn't (Only on account of not knowing anything about it thanks to 'technological error'), and she's acting extra angry, even though she's actually relieved that it's that Deedee didn't get the message, instead of having her nemesis blow her off or to find out Deedee wasn't really interested in Rafael and she risked all of that for nothing. :D What all did she risk? Not to worry, Rafael will find out. :D

Yeah, Jake'd let you kill him too, but fortunately Sun Young is not inclined to kill him, or it'd be a very short story. :D Sun Young is currently keeping him from losing his mind. :D Oh, just wait until he tells Sun Young why he can't be there. :D It is...and it's not not over yet. :D

lol- most criminals are opportunists, so they are looking at it with a different valuation. Well, you don't want to cross him, do you? I mean, zombies know better. Why do zombies fear him? Well he's an evil lunatic, and he looks like he's fan-girling over them? (Because the game makes them a joke like the vampires! I've never seen a 'zombie attack' happen that didn't just earn mockery from the person being 'attacked' and laughter- I just decided to use that here :D ) Nope but evil usually has double standards.

@TadOlson: Cool. :D Glad you are making progress. :D

@IreneSwift: Lol- The reason I call it cartoon evil is because I have never seen anyone like this; I've never seen anyone be honestly, truthfully evil; I've always seen people lie and say the evil they are doing is good. And it's always for a good cause!

Oh, so it was aged, then. Cool. :D Sorry, I don't remember... Well, I don't have Lucky Palms, so it can't be that. My guess is Aurora Skies, as I've had it longer and yeah, Gundrun Beaker has the hairstyle, so I'm assuming that's where it came from. :D Well, there is a vast array of specialties in art- she could be a stickler for details and study the art to detect forgeries. :D Or she could have a forgery collection. :D And people are peculiar with art, some people are into almost everything, and some are very selective, it's only wooden sculptures of bar stools.... It's only red paintings... It's only jewelry boxes, a hundred and twenty of them on the same style of pedestal in a great big ballroom... So, you can use the same trait to make very different artists lol. :D The game makes you paint certain things or sculpt certain things until you get a certain skill level or discover things, but you can still sell things off and only keep certain pieces of art to give the impression that they have a particular style. :D Of course, it's your game, whatever you want to do. :D Just throwing out some random things so you know what I'm babbling about. :D But if you wanted to keep the forensic mindset, the one that can tell from cracked paint or a torn edge or just the size and weave of the canvas that it's a forgery or not....that's the closest I can think of as an art forensics expert. :D Well, other than the artists who literally draw the faces of people as they are described- but there is no way to do that in game. Even if you have the drawing pad and try to draw someone, it never looks like them. :D Besides, you're probably trying to differentiate her from her previous lives... :D

@Msbeckycat: *Wince.* Yeah, reinstalling isn't fun...glad it seems to be working. :D

@Bishty: thanks. :D Well, the sprinklers work....but if you have high free will on then you have to fight your sim because they will spend a lot of time turning them on and getting into their bathing suit to play in them... One of the reasons I was convinced to turn freewill off was the battle with Jake over the sprinkler lol. :D So, I can understand if you value high freewill why there might not be one... but otherwise, it really cuts down on watering time. :D Like lights, you don't even have to send a sim over to turn them on, they just turn on with your mouse, and off the same way.

Lol- they'll stay there for a long time! (Unless a visitor sets them off...) I'm guessing if a visitor doesn't it'll be either Adrian or Gwendolyn after they age up a little. :D Love the 'turned into a tickle monster' and 'lion king moment' lol. :D The bonus pic update on the toadified girl is quite funny. :D

Lol. O.O indeed. :D Reset that horse, stat! (Horses are not allowed in the house, bad horse! Also, horses are not allowed to have no legs, yet hover there like that!! Bad horse!)

@Celiria: By all means...post here. :D We do want to see what you're up to. :D Maybe you'll have better luck with the sims 4 game not losing sims you've made. :D Yeah, speaking against marriage is an indication they are not sold on the idea lol. :D Yet a snail would be the size of her hand lol. :D

@LBell: Wesker doesn't look happy to be minus his shades, not happy at all... Lol- at open eyed sleeping Jackson, though I'm surprised he'd still sleep out there with a zombie there lol. Zombie's like 'Let sleeping bags lie...' lol :D Wow, Jackson looks so not happy. Does he hate the new hairstyle, or has he decided his new identity is Wolverine? :D Or is he looking forward to being fairy pranked all the time? Lol, those steeped fingers say yes... :D Wow, how did they fight, did Wesker just decide to jump Duke or what? :D

@Maya: She really does look like she's trying to dig her eye right out. :D Oh, how often does that happen, that's pretty cool them autonomously gathering in counter birth order. :D Lol@ prom entertainment. Well, hey, some of them found romantic interests that might pan out :D It's very helpful when the teens help out. :D No, if you're talking about a charisma situation, it's just got to be relationships like friends- not romantic ones- Jake's only ever had one romantic relationship and he's maxed charisma. :D But he's got lots of friends :D You know what else is fun? When you get up to the point the relationships don't decay anymore and can coast a bit. :D

I really don't know about IF's...I know they can be turned real, but I thought it was by a special potion...?
  • Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Zabeth0 wrote: »
    @Maya: She really does look like she's trying to dig her eye right out. :D Oh, how often does that happen, that's pretty cool them autonomously gathering in counter birth order. :D Lol@ prom entertainment. Well, hey, some of them found romantic interests that might pan out :D It's very helpful when the teens help out. :D No, if you're talking about a charisma situation, it's just got to be relationships like friends- not romantic ones- Jake's only ever had one romantic relationship and he's maxed charisma. :D But he's got lots of friends :D You know what else is fun? When you get up to the point the relationships don't decay anymore and can coast a bit. :D

I really don't know about IF's...I know they can be turned real, but I thought it was by a special potion...?

That's good about the charisma. Autumn will just have to go and talk to some more people then :)

This one isn't real. At least, I don't think it is because I have never given them the potion for it and no-one's found a rainbow gem that I know of. The icon in the list appeared as the IF, not it's human form, so I'm assuming that the relationship between Easter and her IF is still very high and it might even be hanging around where I can't see it, which is creepy.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited August 2014
    @Colorist40 Those statues that look like dragons are the French tomb collection. They're gargoyles. The dangerous creatures collection does include one gargoyle, from France. There is also a fudog, from China, which is the same as the ones in the tomb collection, but it's green instead of white. The other two dangerous creatures are from Egypt. One is a statue of Anubis, the other a statue of Ammit. She's missing the statue of Ammit. In the post with the pictures, the fudog and statue of Ammit are on the bottom shelf of the picture with the two green Zodiak animals on the top shelf. The gargoyle looks so much like the French tomb collection ones, I can't really tell the difference except by hovering my cursor over them, so I'm not sure where it is. It could be one of the two against the dining room wall.

I agree now, that having adventure chains with steps in more than one country is a bad move. I'm sure it has to do with the transition process from one to another. I think I'm actually pretty lucky to not have more problems that I have had. Before I got WA, I read more than once about other players losing their inventories when their sims traveled. That has never happened to me, either with or without Traveler.

You showed your husband my relic collection pictures? LOL!

I doubt that the gnomes will behave for very long, although Angela could pack away the TV and stereo at night, so they can't turn them on. Maybe that would keep them out of mischief.

I think adventuring is worth it, even with the glitches. And I don't know of any other way for a sim to make that kind of money in such a short time, except maybe if you have them make a career of collecting. I'm not sure even that would do it. I didn't even have Angela buy up tents or anything with her excess ancient coins. She has over 33,000 of them, enough to buy about 10 of those $50,000 tents. Just think how rich she will be if she does that!

I probably will go back to her eventually. I love that house, but it's too expensive for any but a rich sim to own, so with most sims, if I have them buy it when they can afford it, they will die of old age soon after. It would be nice to play a sim in it for virtually her whole life, without using money cheats to get her there in the first place. Of course, if she marries and has children, so much for her living in that one-bedroom house!

I take it you did not make that sim with the commitment issues? Or did you randomize them and not pay attention to what she got? Sims with commitment issues will not hesitate to marry your sim, if you get the relationship bar all the way to 100%. Several of my sims have married pre-made guys with commitment issues.

@bishty I never bother with fertilizing gardens, unless my sims gets an opportunity to some particular type and quality of produce, with a deadline. It doesn't make them produce any more or better produce, it only makes them harvest ready a little sooner. I'm going to build Jason and Justice a greenhouse on their property. Now that they are finished with adventuring, they are going to have seasons in their hometown. I hope I can get it to work right. I put the Stones Throw Greenhouse on the empty lot next to their house, to get a good look at it and see if it was a place they could plant their own produce at, but it doesn't appear to be, so I moved it to a different lot. I installed UL yesterday morning, so when they returned home and Jason was ready to plant his garden, I sent him to buy all the herbs to plant. What a huge garden he has now! I think there are more of those than of everything else put together! I hope he can keep up with it. I'm planning on having him work as an inventor, rather than a gardener.

Well, the costume parties may be on Spooky Day, but that doesn't mean sims should only dress as witches or other supernatural beings. Dressing as career persons other than their own can still be fun.

Maybe I should just have my sims train others in martial arts at their home, instead of at the gym, if I decide to have them do that. I have always had them buy the equipment in China for their own homes, so they might as well. I haven't always been happy with the results of training other sims athletically at my sims' homes, though. Sometimes it's hard to get the other sim to leave.

What is that strange picture? It looks like a mini grim reaper with a lei and a censor grid, and some strange hair-like thing floating in the air in front of it.

I haven't had a horse walking through my sims' floors, but I have had deer inside.

It looks like somebody needs to clean up the old newspapers out of the yard. I think it's funny when the dog doesn't like the mail carrier, and goes out and chases them away. Too bad they don't do the same with the paparazzi. At least they will go out and attack burglars, though.

As soon as I opened up my game with the Morgans, after installing UL, Jason was wishing to plant a forbidden fruit! I'll have to check out the social networking too. Maybe.

Gwendolyn is pretty, except for the green color. What did Sonja do with Gwendolyn when she took Aiden out in the stroller? They should have twin strollers in the game.

Is that a fairy house in the corner of the porch? What is the thing Sonja is standing in front of in the bonus picture?

@Puddinroy Thank you. At least the glitches aren't really game-breaking. I've never had a sim lose all their inventory in traveling, like some players have said on the forum. And I don't get crashes. It always freezes at certain points, like when they get to the Pangu axe, or when certain stairways open up, but it always starts up again when the computer finishes processing the transition. And thanks to debug enabler, I can still get them into the tombs without the keys, if I have to. Now that I have enough practise in exploring, I'm looking forward to playing a regular sim explorer, who also has a life outside of exploring, unlike Angela.

Your signature is smaller than your avatar now. It could stand to be a little bigger. It was OK on width when you first posted it, but kind of high for a signature banner. If you cropped it a little more on height, it would work being larger.

@Celiria Your sims look a lot like the originals.

@LBell Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well yesterday. I hope you are feeling better today.

Wesker doesn't really look like Wesker without the sunglasses. Why is Jackson sleeping outside if there are zombies out there? It doesn't look like the zombie is paying any attention to him, though.

Thank you. Yeah, I counted. Angela has 59 relics. If she had them all, she'd have 61.

Twins that don't like each other? It happens in real life, but not often, I suppose. My twin sons were very close growing up. It was kind of traumatic for the one that still lives near us, when his brother moved out of state. Of course, the out of state one is trying to get the still here one to move out there too.

Did Jackson hate Duke in your other games with them? It seems like Wesker and Jackson are more in agreement than ever before in your current game. I like how every game is different, even playing the same sims over again. Wesker looks sad instead of angry in that last picture. That doesn't seem like him at all.

@AiHaou Have you ever done the 100 baby challenge before? I will be interested in seeing how it turns out for you.

@msbeckycat I'm sorry you couldn't install all of your EP's or SP's. For the first six months that I played Sims 3, it was on a laptop that could barely handle the game at all. I was only able to use the base game, and no updates. But it was still a fun game, or I wouldn't still be playing it.

@Baker93 Lenox looks very pretty. Is that the house up on stilts near the Brokes' lot?

Yes, I think Lenox does look like the actress.

@MayaRose1138 Yes, it does look like Luna is going to poke her eye out if she doesn't stop that.

Two days to potty train four toddlers? It sounds pretty good to me. Mine usually take two days to potty train any toddlers, since I usually have them doing it only when the toddler has to go. But it would take quite a while waiting for 4 to go every time.

Just enough room for them all to play together with the blocks. Nice!

That's a lot of teens going to prom at once, from one household!

I would normally have teens change which toddler they interact with, so they can build relationships with all of their siblings, but with a household that size, I'm sure it works better for them to each focus on only one.

They are studying cooking at the diner? I prefer the more classy bistro.

For advancing in charisma skill, relationships only mean that they know them. They don't have to be friends at all.

I forgot to mention charisma. It's also very important for adventurers, because there are a lot of times they have to influence native sims, or ask them for favors or items. It can take a long time to get there without a high level of charisma skill. Your child aged sims can work on cooking with the toy oven. It has the same effect as the toddler toys have on their respective skills. The blocks table also gives them handiness skill in the same way. It's hidden, but once they reach the age where they can do the more grown up versions, they will suddenly have level 3 the moment they get the food out to cook, or pick up a handiness book. Children can also dive, and gain skill at the same rate as the adults and teens. If they're athletic, they can also work out with the stereo or TV. That's also a hidden trait that will show up when they get older. So really, gardening and charisma are the only ones they can't work on at all until they're teens.

Thank you.

@Zabeth0 When I said there actually are people like Nicolae in real life, I wasn't thinking of anyone I know, but of some of the most notorious persons in past and recent history. People like Idi Amin, Saddam Hussein, Ted Bundy, the BTK killer, etc.

Yes, I want to do something different with Angela if I continue with her. Any time I've wanted someone in the police career, it was always her, until I decided I wanted someone in the special agent branch, and made Justice. I've also had enough sims doing painting for a living that I don't want to go there again, not without doing more with other forms of art that I haven't experienced much of. I'm leaning mostly toward dancing, now that I have the studio. She's mastered athletics and martial arts, and dancing is quite an athletic activity and should actually be more in line with her personality, since she's not athletic. But having mastered the other two skills might give her a bit of an advantage for dance. I haven't found any information about what to expect, other than the little bit that's on the store page for the dance studio. Carl's Guide doesn't have listings for store sets.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    msbeckycat-I hope you can figure out why you can't install everything and solve the issue causing that.
    bishty-I've used the resetsim* cheat sometimes though it dosen't always work.Great update!
    Puddinroy-It's fine and you can have almost any size you want within reason.
    LBell-Great pictures!Great idea!I love seeing your old sims again.
    Baker93-That game sounds interesting.She does look a little like Chloe for a sim.
    MayaRose1138-Great update!Your family is very interesting to read about.
    Zabeth0-I've gotten things more under control in my hard drives and have AVG PCTune-Up defragmenting the drive now.
    IreneSwift-I hope you're able to get the UL protests under control in the homeworld.
    I've managed to get things more under control and should have a little to do to finish fixing things.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    Zabeth0Zabeth0 Posts: 1,337 Member
    65ygih.jpg

Rafael: He didn't really know what to expect of her bedroom. He was kind of surprised to not see any stuffed animals or dolls or collectables, and instead to see a sports team placard on each side of her bed...yet there were doilies and frilly lamps.

20p8uhk.jpg

Zelda: "Okay, bathroom's behind me, dresser, closet, bed...see the bed? We're totally using the bed."

29yp15h.jpg

Rafael: "Zyelda, vhat vas that vith the statues? I don't undyerstand vhat vas goink on."

30wo0ph.jpg

Rafael: "You'll prrobably fyeel bettyer if you tyell me. And I am under your spell, so you know I'm not going to tell anyone, if there is any secret..."

2jgzd0.jpg

Zelda: "If you're going to pump me for information, Rafael, you better do it on the bed."

2d7zuwh.jpg

Rafael: "I'm sorrrry, Zyelda, I just vant to know so much abyout you, and you syeemed...distrrressed by yourr grandma's styatue."

Zelda: "Just...Kiss me."

sdfrle.jpg

4vla9u.jpg

qyiec0.jpg

Zelda: "It's like this...I knew that consciousnesses could be bound to objects...that's totally expected, I've read all about it, I could do it if I wanted to, but I wouldn't even do that to Deedee!"

Rafael: He listened. It was always helpful to know what lines people wouldn't cross. He had to admit, he hated Konstantin Petrovich Ovechkin badly enough to arrange a special death for him, if he managed to win against the man, and with the new information he had about the world with magic and everything, he thought that more possible, the more he learned...but he also would not do that to Konstantin Petrovich; the man would die, but he would die and that would be it. He didn't want him to die so fast he didn't know what was happening, but he wouldn't drag it out either. The man could delay his death by a few minutes if he answered why he'd killed Katya...the why really bothered Rafael...she should have been safe. Was it just she was on the check list? Did he expect that when Katya was older, and a famous ballerina after having lost so many of her family members, she would decide to hunt him down? It just didn't make sense.

34j3skz.jpg

Zelda: "But I didn't know it could be done to people who had been dead for years, I thought if you were dead for years, you were safe...from that fate...anyway..." She sighed. "So, when I saw that all the witches I'd killed years ago were bound one to each rosette on the death statue's head...it was startling to say the least...also did you see the two statues looking out the window? Brand new, no consciousnesses bound in them, male and female, just waiting around to be filled? Yeah, I did not want to go in there. And if either one of us, you or me, stepped out of line or spoke when we shouldn't have, the death statue would have killed both of us... that's the risk witches have to make to get married...and that's one of the reason witches take it seriously....if they bother to get married...we're used to mistakes costing death, so it's not that big a deal for us to follow a ritual...but to trust someone else to follow a ritual exactly or we die?....Yeah, that's hard. Oh, and to take the cake, if the death statue killed us, then the arriving witches could just affix us to the new statues that were standing ready."

Rafael: So, they'd narrowly escaped death...if he'd opened his mouth and asked a question, they'd be dead...possibly eternally statues in that creepy place...and she hadn't told him... no wonder she'd been terrified. "Vhy didn't you tyell me that ve'd die if I made a mistyake?"

Zelda: "Because that usually makes people make mistakes, and you're pretty graceful and you promised me...I'm glad you kept your promise."

Rafael: "As am I."

wvwetl.jpg

Zelda: "And I don't have a grandma, that's the crone, she calls herself Granny...legend is that she's frozen in age as a crone one day from dying of old age, but every couple of centuries or so she'll drink a youth elixir and be a young woman again, and take a human to bed and have a couple of kids...she always kills him, of course, and legends disagree whether she eats him or not, but the kids are usually left in someone's care, and if they don't take care of the kids well enough, they end up dead, and if they do, then no one is allowed to kill them until the kid is at least an adult. So, it's possible that she's related to every witch in town, like she says, but it's still a stretch, she hasn't been a young woman in the last century as far as the oldest witches can tell, and they figured that's what use she had in mind for you. So, yeah, I might have saved you from her. You're still stuck with me, but I'm not like a thousand or so years old masquerading as young woman, I'm actually 19, and I won't eat you. So, even if things don't go well, and I crush you...it's still way better than you could have had..."

pxhsj.jpg

Rafael: His throat dried out. Zelda had angered the most powerful witch in town, a witch that could very well be a millennium old if these legends were true, he would need to know about witches limitations. They had to have weaknesses, but asking her outright what her weaknesses were would probably not go over well... "Vhen you verre tyalkink to Dyeedyee, you said she'd haf to kyeep you dyead forr a yearrr firrst... as though vitches can come byack frrrom dyead?"

2gulizr.jpg

Zelda: "Yes, actually, though it's not easy. Mostly, the first line of defense is a death flower...which allows you to avoid going with the grim reaper...he'll take the flower, not your soul... so most witches have at least one. This is also why witch marriages aren't until death do us part, since I could have a death flower, and death could take the death flower, I still technically died, but I didn't stay dead. There are also certain times in the year, usually full moons where your actual spirit can come back...and if you imbibe ambrosia during that night, you can live again. There are some scientific experiments on ghosts that have resulted in full life being restored. There are probably others I haven't yet learned. But don't worry, Deedee won't kill me."
  • Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    It is okay I am still playing I made a new household. LOL thought it was a married couple but found out it was brother and sister
  • Options
    bishtybishty Posts: 393 Member
    MayaRose1138 The worst bit about getting a plantsim in my opinion is finding enough wretched seeds to start with :P To plant in the planter you have to click on the seed or fruit in your sim's inventory and select "plant" and then it will be happy to be put in the planter. It doesn't work if the seed/fruit is on a table or the ground etc. and you can't drag it onto the planter and then select "plant" like you can on the ground. A teen would definitely be able to harvest the fruit using "tend garden" but I'm not sure if they'd get a baby selecting "harvest". It might be for teens that they just always pick a fruit, but if they did pick a baby it would be their child, because the plantsim baby is basically a clone of the picker. If you wanted them to pick a baby and they couldn't there's probably a mod for it or something in one of Twallan's mods because I imagine that's quite a popular idea

Zabeth0 I don't mind my sims doing silly stuff :P Maybe I'll look into a sprinkler then when I cycle round to Sonja again, which, admittedly, won't be for a while lol. Poor Fabia she just wanted to be included :P lol. She mostly just lives in her stall and occasionally goes out for a gallop :P

IreneSwift I don't usually bother with fertilising but since Sonja lives off her garden I figured I probably should :P I'm not sure if you can build greenhouses in TS3 without buying something from the store. If you do manage to build a functional one will you let me know how you did it? :P
    Maybe I just have high halloween expectations :P I always go as a vampire, it's quick and easy coz I'm already white as death :P lol
    If you leave visitors alone they tend to go home anyway at 3am but you can say goodbye to them at any time. Once I had a sim who just wouldn't leave so I reset him :P Or there's an option in MC to make them go home.
    lol :D I callously killed off one of my sims' parents by old age (hence the lei) and after he took the last one he went to the bathroom :D
    My dogs never attack the burglars :( I even once had one with the aggressive trait and everything and nothing :O
    Social networking is a bit annoying but unobtrusive so I mostly just ignore it on the whole
    I totally agree, I thought that when I played that bit. Sonja was forced to hire a babysitter :| Then when she took Adrian home she took Fabia out for a quick ride and had to hire the babysitter again straight away -_-
    It's a fairy bungalow :D I think it's much cuter than the fairy castle. Sonja's using the research station, it's just from a different angle :P

TadOlson In my experience it always resets your sim but doesn't always solve the bug/issue. Is the MC any different? Thanks :D
  • Options
    When I became discouraged with the adventures glitching with the Morgans and took a break from them to learn how to make them work with Angela, I was also too discouraged to write about them. So I am way behind on their story. I already had more than 40 screenshots selected and edited in preparation for the next updates, but I didn't have them written, and didn't feel like doing it at the time. I'm going to divide the next update into two posts, rather than a single post with over 40 photos. I'm not sure whether two shorter posts, one right after the other, is really any better for those of you who read them than just putting it all in one long post. Could those of you who read this please give me your opinion on it? Especially those of you who quote posts for your comments, does it make it easier to have separate smaller posts, as opposed to one long one?

Jason got out his guitar and went to work on learning to play it while he waited for Justice to prepare their first breakfast in their new home in Sunset Valley.

2learningguitatwhilewaitingforbreakfast.jpg

1preparingfirstbreakfastinnewSVhome.jpg

Once they had eaten, they didn't stick around long. After everything was cleaned up, Jason got on the phone to arrange for their next trip abroad, this time to Champs Les Sims, France.

3callingfortravel.jpg

Since he still had the opportunity in his queue to speak to someone there about getting the key to the Dragon Cave in China, he received visa points for France as soon as he arrived, even though the opportunity immediately dropped from his queue. So, after he accepted a different adventure, the visa points he received upon reporting in to the sim who wanted to hire him were enough to bring his visa up to level one.

4levelonevisareached.jpg

While she waited for Jason to finish making arrangements for fulfilling the opportunity, including buying a few supplies, Justice waited in the book shop and learned one of the recipes she had just bought.

5learningrecipewhilewaitingforjason.jpg

Then they went on their way together, to explore a forgotten burial ground.

6exploringforgottenburialgrounds.jpg

Strangely, they discovered an Egyptian room there.

7forgottenburialgroundstomb2.jpg

When Jason reported on their success, his visa was raised to level 2! Not bad for their first day in town!

8level2visareached.jpg

The Morgans spent the night at the tourist hostel. After a quick breakfast, Jason went to make arrangements for the next adventure, and Justice passed the time learning a new recipe while she waited.

10learningarecipewhileshewaits.jpg

After she finished learning the recipe, Justice played her piano. By the time Jason had finished the several preliminary steps of the opportunity and returned for her, she had drawn quite a crowd of admiring listeners.

12attractinganaudienceplayingpiano.jpg

Now, they proceeded the explore the museum together.

13exploringmuseumbasement.jpg

Their mission successfully accomplished, Jason reported in and accepted another opportunity. As he reported in to the nectar maker to receive his assignment, Jason received his level 3 visa. This on only their second day in France!

14level3visawhilehelpingnectarmerchant.jpg

Before embarking on their adventure, Jason purchased another fancy tent from the special merchant. He sold it again right away, but it wasn't enough to buy the expensive house he and Justice wanted in France.

15buyingtentfromspecialmerchant.jpg

He then sold all of the relics, gems, metals, etc. that he and Justice had collected thus far. This brought them closer to the amount they needed, but they weren't quite there yet.

16sellingrelics.jpg

So they spent another night at the tourist hostel, where they had a quick dinner of canned soup. They didn't want to spend any of their funds on buying a better meal at this point.

17dinneratthehostelagain.jpg
  • Options
    cool updates
  • Options
    Now that Jason had his visa up to level 3, it was Justice's turn to apply for adventure assignments, so that she could get her visa level up too.

19justicesearchestheadventureboard.jpg

Now it was Jason's turn to wait while Justice took care of the preliminaries. He sat in the marketplace plaza and read a book about the fish that could be caught in this area.

20jasonsturntowait.jpg

Then it was time to visit the Landgraab estate. Although Justice was the expert on disarming traps, some of them could only be disabled by pushing a heavy statue over them. Justice was glad to let Jason do this, as it helped him feel better about having her do all of the most dangerous work.

21disablinganelectricaltrap.jpg

Once they found the papers they were sent to look for, Justice received enough points to bring her visa up to level one.

22justicereachesvisalevel1.jpg

But there was more exploring to do at the Landgraab estate. While she took care of a very simple task of collecting some papers from the small groundskeeper's cottage, Jason destroyed some boulders blocking the entrance to a cellar behind the mansion.

23smashingboulderswhilewaitingforJustice.jpg

Delivery of the papers she and Jason had found brought Justice's visa level up by another level.

24justicereachesvisalevel2.jpg

Justice had some more solo work to do before the next level of exploration on this opportunity, including enlisting the help of another resident, to translate the code the message was written in.

25askingtobreakthecode.jpg

While he waited, Jason harvested grape vines and fruit trees at the nectary.

26jasonharvestswhilewaitingforjustice.jpg

They met up again at the cafe, where they enjoyed a nice dinner together.

27dinnerinthecafe.jpg

Then they bought and moved into their new vacation home in France.

28newhouseinfrance.jpg

After they had gotten all moved in, Jason taught Justice the native songs he'd learned while she was busy elsewhere. Note to Colorist: That gargoyle on the shelf behind them is the one from the Dangerous Creatures collection. I guess Angela didn't have it in her house after all.

29jasonteachesjusticesongsfromchina.jpg

Then they went upstairs for their first night sleeping in their new home in France, after a few preliminaries, that is.

30firstnightinnewhouse.jpg

Justice prepared cheese plate for their first breakfast in this new vacation home.

31firstbreakfastinnewhouse.jpg

After breakfast, Jason got busy planting a garden in their nice, large, fenced in backyard. Justice upgraded the new sprinkler while he worked. The other one was already upgraded. They had brought it from Sunset Valley with them.

32jasonplantsjusticeupgrades.jpg

Justice finished the upgrade before Jason finished planting the garden, so she went upstairs to begin an upgrade on the bathtub.

33anotherupgradewhilewaiting.jpg

34almostfinishedplanting.jpg

Now, the Morgans were ready to embark on the next step in the adventure Justice had accepted. So they could actually travel together, they also had bought a new car.

35newcar.jpg

Jason couldn't follow Justice this time. Those electrical traps opened up after she walked past them. But she knew how to disable them, and was able to return to him.

36electricaltraps.jpg

Having finished all they were able to do with their current opportunities, before traveling to other countries as part of those chains, it was time for the Morgans to visit a tomb with no attached opportunity, a hidden tomb, in fact, which didn't even have a lot associated with it. I had discovered it by accident during Justice's previous solo game. It's called Tuatha's garden, and it is one of the few that needs two people to explore it. While Jason smashed the boulders blocking its entrance, Justice collected some wildflowers, and attempted to catch a small animal, which escaped.

38clearingentrancewhilejusticecollects.jpg

Here's one of the areas where two sims are needed. There are only enough moveable statues for four of the five gear plates in this area, but they must all be engaged to open the door they are attached to. Or maybe only a certain combination of four of them might work, but that could take more effort than I'm willing to put into it.

39twopersonjobintuathasgarden.jpg

It helps to have two sims for this one too. One can do it, but it's a lot more work.

40betterwithtwopersons.jpg

There was no room for their tent anywhere in this place, so the Morgans had to spend the night in their sleeping bags.

41sleepingintuathasgarden.jpg

The dive well in the center of the place leads to a large garden. While Jason harvested the many plants found there, Justice went around collecting everything else.

42harvestingintuathasundergroundgarden.jpg

43collectingintuathasgarden.jpg

Afterward, they went up to the surface, to find themselves on a small island in the middle of the river. There were several dig sites there. While Jason worked at the first one, Justice went around picking wildflowers. After she finished, she worked at another of the dig sites while Jason worked at the third.

44jasonexcavatesontheisland.jpg

45justicepicksflowersontheisland.jpg

The successful completion of their work called for a celebratory kiss before they returned to their home in France.

46celebratingvictorywithakiss.jpg
  • Options
    LBellLBell Posts: 3,511 Member
    edited August 2014

Oh my goodness, Wesker is actually pouting!!! I hope the two of them don't team up on Duke but if they do, Duke totally has my permission to use his fairy abilities on them :)

I hope you're feeling better too. I read back a page or two that you weren't well either but since you're posting, you're either bored or better :D

Haha I am sure he will.

I feel a little better now, but yes I was rather bored so decided to play and share. Sims does make me feel a bit better sometimes. :)

@LBell: Wesker doesn't look happy to be minus his shades, not happy at all... Lol- at open eyed sleeping Jackson, though I'm surprised he'd still sleep out there with a zombie there lol. Zombie's like 'Let sleeping bags lie...' lol :D Wow, Jackson looks so not happy. Does he hate the new hairstyle, or has he decided his new identity is Wolverine? :D Or is he looking forward to being fairy pranked all the time? Lol, those steeped fingers say yes... :D Wow, how did they fight, did Wesker just decide to jump Duke or what? :D

I agree, it was really odd though as he was producing the zzz's but sitting there blinking and smiling. Haha. Only Jackson, eh? Wesker jumped Duke and lost.

I absolutely love that bedroom! Purple is my thing. Nice update, she definitely wanted him on that bed didn't she. :P Hehe.

IreneSwift wrote: »

@LBell Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well yesterday. I hope you are feeling better today.

Wesker doesn't really look like Wesker without the sunglasses. Why is Jackson sleeping outside if there are zombies out there? It doesn't look like the zombie is paying any attention to him, though.

Thank you. Yeah, I counted. Angela has 59 relics. If she had them all, she'd have 61.

Twins that don't like each other? It happens in real life, but not often, I suppose. My twin sons were very close growing up. It was kind of traumatic for the one that still lives near us, when his brother moved out of state. Of course, the out of state one is trying to get the still here one to move out there too.

Did Jackson hate Duke in your other games with them? It seems like Wesker and Jackson are more in agreement than ever before in your current game. I like how every game is different, even playing the same sims over again. Wesker looks sad instead of angry in that last picture. That doesn't seem like him at all.

Thank you. I feel a little better now.

I agree with you about the sunglasses. Jackson seems to sleep where ever he wants with his sleeping bag. Odd. The zombie just stood trying to eat Wesker's plants but luckily before he got there I built a fence and locked the gate. :lol:

Oh wow! That is a lot! I'm glad she has found places to put them all, though. To show off how well she did on her adventures. :)

I guess so, but they have very different traits so it conflicts. I did not try for them to hate each other at all. In my other save Duke and Jackson fought for my simselves love, remember? They did not live together though but even then they weren't fond of each other.

Yes he was very sad because he lost 2 fights.

Nice update. Congrats to them and their new house. Oh wow, those traps look dangerous but luckily she had the knowledge to disable them!

TadOlson: Thank you!

• Options
    @TadOlson Oh, that's right. I forgot about those protests. I'll use Retuner to eliminate them, like you did.

@Zabeth0 Boy, Zelda is not beating around the bush! Seems like she may be more eager for the next step than he is.

It seems that the issue with the statue bothers her so much, she needs positive interaction from him before she can even bring herself to talk about it.

So, she's not totally evil either. Otherwise, she would probably enjoy binding people’s consciousnesses to objects. It looks like the two of them may be right for each other after all.

Wow, it sounds like that “gift” from “Granny” was meant to scare the living daylights out of Zelda, especially combined with the presence of those two statues waiting for someone to be bound to them. Does that mean she is angry with Zelda for taking Rafael, or does she just love terrorizing the other witches?

If the old crone really is related to all the witches, then she is even more evil than it appeared at first, since she would do such terrible things to her own kin.

No, Deedee won't kill Zelda, but the old crone might!

@msbeckycat I don't understand how you could make a household yourself and not know their relationship, since you set that yourself when you make them. Does that mean you accidentally selected the wrong relationship and didn't realize it until you placed them in the town and started playing with them?

@bishty I have the Stones Throw Greenhouse from the store now. It comes with the materials for building your sims a greenhouse of their own.

I don't like visitors overstaying their welcome and intruding on my sims' private space. I know I can reset them or send them home with MC, but I prefer to avoid doing things like that as much as possible.

Grimmy has to use the bathroom? I would never have expected that!

When I placed Justice in Apaloosa Plains, right after I installed Pets, I gave her an aggressive German Shepherd. When burglars came, she, being athletic, always beat them up, and while she was in the process, her dog always came out and growled at them too. I thought all aggressive dogs would do the same.

I hate how babysitters leave the instant your sim sets foot on their home lot! They should stay until your sim tells them they don't need them anymore.
  • Options
    screenshot_original.jpg

Here is siblings Andrea and Blair Crow
  • Options
    yes it was a booboo
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    @Colorist40 Those statues that look like dragons are the French tomb collection. They're gargoyles. The dangerous creatures collection does include one gargoyle, from France. There is also a fudog, from China, which is the same as the ones in the tomb collection, but it's green instead of white. The other two dangerous creatures are from Egypt. One is a statue of Anubis, the other a statue of Ammit. She's missing the statue of Ammit. In the post with the pictures, the fudog and statue of Ammit are on the bottom shelf of the picture with the two green Zodiak animals on the top shelf. The gargoyle looks so much like the French tomb collection ones, I can't really tell the difference except by hovering my cursor over them, so I'm not sure where it is. It could be one of the two against the dining room wall.

I agree now, that having adventure chains with steps in more than one country is a bad move. I'm sure it has to do with the transition process from one to another. I think I'm actually pretty lucky to not have more problems that I have had. Before I got WA, I read more than once about other players losing their inventories when their sims traveled. That has never happened to me, either with or without Traveler.

You showed your husband my relic collection pictures? LOL!

I doubt that the gnomes will behave for very long, although Angela could pack away the TV and stereo at night, so they can't turn them on. Maybe that would keep them out of mischief.

I think adventuring is worth it, even with the glitches. And I don't know of any other way for a sim to make that kind of money in such a short time, except maybe if you have them make a career of collecting. I'm not sure even that would do it. I didn't even have Angela buy up tents or anything with her excess ancient coins. She has over 33,000 of them, enough to buy about 10 of those $50,000 tents. Just think how rich she will be if she does that!

I probably will go back to her eventually. I love that house, but it's too expensive for any but a rich sim to own, so with most sims, if I have them buy it when they can afford it, they will die of old age soon after. It would be nice to play a sim in it for virtually her whole life, without using money cheats to get her there in the first place. Of course, if she marries and has children, so much for her living in that one-bedroom house!

I take it you did not make that sim with the commitment issues? Or did you randomize them and not pay attention to what she got? Sims with commitment issues will not hesitate to marry your sim, if you get the relationship bar all the way to 100%. Several of my sims have married pre-made guys with commitment issues.

@bishty I never bother with fertilizing gardens, unless my sims gets an opportunity to some particular type and quality of produce, with a deadline. It doesn't make them produce any more or better produce, it only makes them harvest ready a little sooner. I'm going to build Jason and Justice a greenhouse on their property. Now that they are finished with adventuring, they are going to have seasons in their hometown. I hope I can get it to work right. I put the Stones Throw Greenhouse on the empty lot next to their house, to get a good look at it and see if it was a place they could plant their own produce at, but it doesn't appear to be, so I moved it to a different lot. I installed UL yesterday morning, so when they returned home and Jason was ready to plant his garden, I sent him to buy all the herbs to plant. What a huge garden he has now! I think there are more of those than of everything else put together! I hope he can keep up with it. I'm planning on having him work as an inventor, rather than a gardener.

Well, the costume parties may be on Spooky Day, but that doesn't mean sims should only dress as witches or other supernatural beings. Dressing as career persons other than their own can still be fun.

Maybe I should just have my sims train others in martial arts at their home, instead of at the gym, if I decide to have them do that. I have always had them buy the equipment in China for their own homes, so they might as well. I haven't always been happy with the results of training other sims athletically at my sims' homes, though. Sometimes it's hard to get the other sim to leave.

What is that strange picture? It looks like a mini grim reaper with a lei and a censor grid, and some strange hair-like thing floating in the air in front of it.

I haven't had a horse walking through my sims' floors, but I have had deer inside.

It looks like somebody needs to clean up the old newspapers out of the yard. I think it's funny when the dog doesn't like the mail carrier, and goes out and chases them away. Too bad they don't do the same with the paparazzi. At least they will go out and attack burglars, though.

As soon as I opened up my game with the Morgans, after installing UL, Jason was wishing to plant a forbidden fruit! I'll have to check out the social networking too. Maybe.

Gwendolyn is pretty, except for the green color. What did Sonja do with Gwendolyn when she took Aiden out in the stroller? They should have twin strollers in the game.

Is that a fairy house in the corner of the porch? What is the thing Sonja is standing in front of in the bonus picture?

@Puddinroy Thank you. At least the glitches aren't really game-breaking. I've never had a sim lose all their inventory in traveling, like some players have said on the forum. And I don't get crashes. It always freezes at certain points, like when they get to the Pangu axe, or when certain stairways open up, but it always starts up again when the computer finishes processing the transition. And thanks to debug enabler, I can still get them into the tombs without the keys, if I have to. Now that I have enough practise in exploring, I'm looking forward to playing a regular sim explorer, who also has a life outside of exploring, unlike Angela.

Your signature is smaller than your avatar now. It could stand to be a little bigger. It was OK on width when you first posted it, but kind of high for a signature banner. If you cropped it a little more on height, it would work being larger.

@Celiria Your sims look a lot like the originals.

@AiHaou Have you ever done the 100 baby challenge before? I will be interested in seeing how it turns out for you.

@msbeckycat I'm sorry you couldn't install all of your EP's or SP's. For the first six months that I played Sims 3, it was on a laptop that could barely handle the game at all. I was only able to use the base game, and no updates. But it was still a fun game, or I wouldn't still be playing it.

@Baker93 Lenox looks very pretty. Is that the house up on stilts near the Brokes' lot?

Yes, I think Lenox does look like the actress.

@MayaRose1138 Yes, it does look like Luna is going to poke her eye out if she doesn't stop that.

Two days to potty train four toddlers? It sounds pretty good to me. Mine usually take two days to potty train any toddlers, since I usually have them doing it only when the toddler has to go. But it would take quite a while waiting for 4 to go every time.

Just enough room for them all to play together with the blocks. Nice!

That's a lot of teens going to prom at once, from one household!

I would normally have teens change which toddler they interact with, so they can build relationships with all of their siblings, but with a household that size, I'm sure it works better for them to each focus on only one.

They are studying cooking at the diner? I prefer the more classy bistro.

For advancing in charisma skill, relationships only mean that they know them. They don't have to be friends at all.

I forgot to mention charisma. It's also very important for adventurers, because there are a lot of times they have to influence native sims, or ask them for favors or items. It can take a long time to get there without a high level of charisma skill. Your child aged sims can work on cooking with the toy oven. It has the same effect as the toddler toys have on their respective skills. The blocks table also gives them handiness skill in the same way. It's hidden, but once they reach the age where they can do the more grown up versions, they will suddenly have level 3 the moment they get the food out to cook, or pick up a handiness book. Children can also dive, and gain skill at the same rate as the adults and teens. If they're athletic, they can also work out with the stereo or TV. That's also a hidden trait that will show up when they get older. So really, gardening and charisma are the only ones they can't work on at all until they're teens.

Thank you.

@Zabeth0 When I said there actually are people like Nicolae in real life, I wasn't thinking of anyone I know, but of some of the most notorious persons in past and recent history. People like Idi Amin, Saddam Hussein, Ted Bundy, the BTK killer, etc.

Yes, I want to do something different with Angela if I continue with her. Any time I've wanted someone in the police career, it was always her, until I decided I wanted someone in the special agent branch, and made Justice. I've also had enough sims doing painting for a living that I don't want to go there again, not without doing more with other forms of art that I haven't experienced much of. I'm leaning mostly toward dancing, now that I have the studio. She's mastered athletics and martial arts, and dancing is quite an athletic activity and should actually be more in line with her personality, since she's not athletic. But having mastered the other two skills might give her a bit of an advantage for dance. I haven't found any information about what to expect, other than the little bit that's on the store page for the dance studio. Carl's Guide doesn't have listings for store sets.

Actually I randomized them. That is why I didn't realize her issues with commitment lol. I don' t usually play sims with that trait. Hubby looked over at the screen as I was looking at your update and saw them. He kind of eavesdrops on what I do lol.

I usually delete the gnomes as they tend to end up in front of the fridge or in some path the sims need to use ha ha ha. So I don't blame you for deleting them. As far as them turning things on that wouldn't bother me.

Maybe I will try some of the adventures for something different. I don't know feeling as I am feeling lazy lately lol. I will answer your last pm tonight or tomorrow.

• Options
    65ygih.jpg

Rafael: He didn't really know what to expect of her bedroom. He was kind of surprised to not see any stuffed animals or dolls or collectables, and instead to see a sports team placard on each side of her bed...yet there were doilies and frilly lamps.

20p8uhk.jpg

Zelda: "Okay, bathroom's behind me, dresser, closet, bed...see the bed? We're totally using the bed."

29yp15h.jpg

Rafael: "Zyelda, vhat vas that vith the statues? I don't undyerstand vhat vas goink on."

30wo0ph.jpg

Rafael: "You'll prrobably fyeel bettyer if you tyell me. And I am under your spell, so you know I'm not going to tell anyone, if there is any secret..."

2jgzd0.jpg

Zelda: "If you're going to pump me for information, Rafael, you better do it on the bed."

2d7zuwh.jpg

Rafael: "I'm sorrrry, Zyelda, I just vant to know so much abyout you, and you syeemed...distrrressed by yourr grandma's styatue."

Zelda: "Just...Kiss me."

sdfrle.jpg

4vla9u.jpg

qyiec0.jpg

Zelda: "It's like this...I knew that consciousnesses could be bound to objects...that's totally expected, I've read all about it, I could do it if I wanted to, but I wouldn't even do that to Deedee!"

Rafael: He listened. It was always helpful to know what lines people wouldn't cross. He had to admit, he hated Konstantin Petrovich Ovechkin badly enough to arrange a special death for him, if he managed to win against the man, and with the new information he had about the world with magic and everything, he thought that more possible, the more he learned...but he also would not do that to Konstantin Petrovich; the man would die, but he would die and that would be it. He didn't want him to die so fast he didn't know what was happening, but he wouldn't drag it out either. The man could delay his death by a few minutes if he answered why he'd killed Katya...the why really bothered Rafael...she should have been safe. Was it just she was on the check list? Did he expect that when Katya was older, and a famous ballerina after having lost so many of her family members, she would decide to hunt him down? It just didn't make sense.

34j3skz.jpg

Zelda: "But I didn't know it could be done to people who had been dead for years, I thought if you were dead for years, you were safe...from that fate...anyway..." She sighed. "So, when I saw that all the witches I'd killed years ago were bound one to each rosette on the death statue's head...it was startling to say the least...also did you see the two statues looking out the window? Brand new, no consciousnesses bound in them, male and female, just waiting around to be filled? Yeah, I did not want to go in there. And if either one of us, you or me, stepped out of line or spoke when we shouldn't have, the death statue would have killed both of us... that's the risk witches have to make to get married...and that's one of the reason witches take it seriously....if they bother to get married...we're used to mistakes costing death, so it's not that big a deal for us to follow a ritual...but to trust someone else to follow a ritual exactly or we die?....Yeah, that's hard. Oh, and to take the cake, if the death statue killed us, then the arriving witches could just affix us to the new statues that were standing ready."

Rafael: So, they'd narrowly escaped death...if he'd opened his mouth and asked a question, they'd be dead...possibly eternally statues in that creepy place...and she hadn't told him... no wonder she'd been terrified. "Vhy didn't you tyell me that ve'd die if I made a mistyake?"

Zelda: "Because that usually makes people make mistakes, and you're pretty graceful and you promised me...I'm glad you kept your promise."

Rafael: "As am I."

wvwetl.jpg

Zelda: "And I don't have a grandma, that's the crone, she calls herself Granny...legend is that she's frozen in age as a crone one day from dying of old age, but every couple of centuries or so she'll drink a youth elixir and be a young woman again, and take a human to bed and have a couple of kids...she always kills him, of course, and legends disagree whether she eats him or not, but the kids are usually left in someone's care, and if they don't take care of the kids well enough, they end up dead, and if they do, then no one is allowed to kill them until the kid is at least an adult. So, it's possible that she's related to every witch in town, like she says, but it's still a stretch, she hasn't been a young woman in the last century as far as the oldest witches can tell, and they figured that's what use she had in mind for you. So, yeah, I might have saved you from her. You're still stuck with me, but I'm not like a thousand or so years old masquerading as young woman, I'm actually 19, and I won't eat you. So, even if things don't go well, and I crush you...it's still way better than you could have had..."

pxhsj.jpg

Rafael: His throat dried out. Zelda had angered the most powerful witch in town, a witch that could very well be a millennium old if these legends were true, he would need to know about witches limitations. They had to have weaknesses, but asking her outright what her weaknesses were would probably not go over well... "Vhen you verre tyalkink to Dyeedyee, you said she'd haf to kyeep you dyead forr a yearrr firrst... as though vitches can come byack frrrom dyead?"

2gulizr.jpg

Zelda: "Yes, actually, though it's not easy. Mostly, the first line of defense is a death flower...which allows you to avoid going with the grim reaper...he'll take the flower, not your soul... so most witches have at least one. This is also why witch marriages aren't until death do us part, since I could have a death flower, and death could take the death flower, I still technically died, but I didn't stay dead. There are also certain times in the year, usually full moons where your actual spirit can come back...and if you imbibe ambrosia during that night, you can live again. There are some scientific experiments on ghosts that have resulted in full life being restored. There are probably others I haven't yet learned. But don't worry, Deedee won't kill me."

As bad as Zelda is throwing a spell on Rafael, it seems she has a conscience and a line even she won't cross. That is nice to see.

Rafael obviously has a stereotype of what women like in bedrooms lol. Why with her being a witch would he assume that she would have typical girl things? She is a witch not a typical woman. There are a lot of women who aren't witches that have very masculine things in their room. I never had a typical girlie room. I have a lot of stuffed animals :# , but they aren't spread all over the room lol.

That story about the old crone is interesting. I can see why Zelda is rightfully claiming she saved him from a worse fate. To be like hooked to a possible black widow old witch lol, would be less than pleasant. Even if Zelda has the worst in mind for Rafael still he is better off with what she has planned if, assuming that the rumors weren't just rumors about the old witch I mean.

Using the word pump and bed in the same sentence maybe is a good choice of words, but definitely suggestive which I assume is why Zelda chose them lol.

Well Zelda being a witch doesn't even know everything about their powers it seems, but if she is as young as she says, that would explain a lot. That is why I find it amazing at her hutzpah in taking Rafael from the Old Crone possibly and Dee Dee for sure. Although she knows that Dee Dee seems to be somewhat passive in regards to using her powers that is why she grabbed Rafael, bragged about it so to speak to Dee Dee and is positive she has nothing to worry about from Dee Dee as far as her not being a threat. I am glad to see that in spite of her tendency to be impulsive and an evil leaning, she has things that bother her.

Seems witches have something like nine lives lol.
  • Options
    When I became discouraged with the adventures glitching with the Morgans and took a break from them to learn how to make them work with Angela, I was also too discouraged to write about them. So I am way behind on their story. I already had more than 40 screenshots selected and edited in preparation for the next updates, but I didn't have them written, and didn't feel like doing it at the time. I'm going to divide the next update into two posts, rather than a single post with over 40 photos. I'm not sure whether two shorter posts, one right after the other, is really any better for those of you who read them than just putting it all in one long post. Could those of you who read this please give me your opinion on it? Especially those of you who quote posts for your comments, does it make it easier to have separate smaller posts, as opposed to one long one?

Jason got out his guitar and went to work on learning to play it while he waited for Justice to prepare their first breakfast in their new home in Sunset Valley.

2learningguitatwhilewaitingforbreakfast.jpg

1preparingfirstbreakfastinnewSVhome.jpg

Once they had eaten, they didn't stick around long. After everything was cleaned up, Jason got on the phone to arrange for their next trip abroad, this time to Champs Les Sims, France.

3callingfortravel.jpg

Since he still had the opportunity in his queue to speak to someone there about getting the key to the Dragon Cave in China, he received visa points for France as soon as he arrived, even though the opportunity immediately dropped from his queue. So, after he accepted a different adventure, the visa points he received upon reporting in to the sim who wanted to hire him were enough to bring his visa up to level one.

4levelonevisareached.jpg

While she waited for Jason to finish making arrangements for fulfilling the opportunity, including buying a few supplies, Justice waited in the book shop and learned one of the recipes she had just bought.

5learningrecipewhilewaitingforjason.jpg

Then they went on their way together, to explore a forgotten burial ground.

6exploringforgottenburialgrounds.jpg

Strangely, they discovered an Egyptian room there.

7forgottenburialgroundstomb2.jpg

When Jason reported on their success, his visa was raised to level 2! Not bad for their first day in town!

8level2visareached.jpg

The Morgans spent the night at the tourist hostel. After a quick breakfast, Jason went to make arrangements for the next adventure, and Justice passed the time learning a new recipe while she waited.

10learningarecipewhileshewaits.jpg

After she finished learning the recipe, Justice played her piano. By the time Jason had finished the several preliminary steps of the opportunity and returned for her, she had drawn quite a crowd of admiring listeners.

12attractinganaudienceplayingpiano.jpg

Now, they proceeded the explore the museum together.

13exploringmuseumbasement.jpg

Their mission successfully accomplished, Jason reported in and accepted another opportunity. As he reported in to the nectar maker to receive his assignment, Jason received his level 3 visa. This on only their second day in France!

14level3visawhilehelpingnectarmerchant.jpg

Before embarking on their adventure, Jason purchased another fancy tent from the special merchant. He sold it again right away, but it wasn't enough to buy the expensive house he and Justice wanted in France.

15buyingtentfromspecialmerchant.jpg

He then sold all of the relics, gems, metals, etc. that he and Justice had collected thus far. This brought them closer to the amount they needed, but they weren't quite there yet.

16sellingrelics.jpg

So they spent another night at the tourist hostel, where they had a quick dinner of canned soup. They didn't want to spend any of their funds on buying a better meal at this point.

17dinneratthehostelagain.jpg

Wow already got up to level 2 after one short day in France. Good to know it isn't as hard as I always thought lol.

That is strange that they would find an Egyptian room in France. Wonder how that happened?

The little girl in that pic seems excited by being in Justice's presence. Is she thinking Justice is a celeb or is she just excited to hear good music? Either way it is cute.

I love that cobra statue in the merchant place. It is cool.

Seems like Justice has an admirer. I assume that is the same girl who was excited by her music? I can't believe they almost have the money they need already to buy the house. Good for them.

As far as smaller posts, I don't really have a preference. I think psychologically it is easier for some to read shorter posts even if they are broken up one after the other. It might be less overwhelming for some maybe? It don't bother me either way.
  • Options
    Now that Jason had his visa up to level 3, it was Justice's turn to apply for adventure assignments, so that she could get her visa level up too.

19justicesearchestheadventureboard.jpg

Now it was Jason's turn to wait while Justice took care of the preliminaries. He sat in the marketplace plaza and read a book about the fish that could be caught in this area.

20jasonsturntowait.jpg

Then it was time to visit the Landgraab estate. Although Justice was the expert on disarming traps, some of them could only be disabled by pushing a heavy statue over them. Justice was glad to let Jason do this, as it helped him feel better about having her do all of the most dangerous work.

21disablinganelectricaltrap.jpg

Once they found the papers they were sent to look for, Justice received enough points to bring her visa up to level one.

22justicereachesvisalevel1.jpg

But there was more exploring to do at the Landgraab estate. While she took care of a very simple task of collecting some papers from the small groundskeeper's cottage, Jason destroyed some boulders blocking the entrance to a cellar behind the mansion.

23smashingboulderswhilewaitingforJustice.jpg

Delivery of the papers she and Jason had found brought Justice's visa level up by another level.

24justicereachesvisalevel2.jpg

Justice had some more solo work to do before the next level of exploration on this opportunity, including enlisting the help of another resident, to translate the code the message was written in.

25askingtobreakthecode.jpg

While he waited, Jason harvested grape vines and fruit trees at the nectary.

26jasonharvestswhilewaitingforjustice.jpg

They met up again at the cafe, where they enjoyed a nice dinner together.

27dinnerinthecafe.jpg

Then they bought and moved into their new vacation home in France.

28newhouseinfrance.jpg

After they had gotten all moved in, Jason taught Justice the native songs he'd learned while she was busy elsewhere. Note to Colorist: That gargoyle on the shelf behind them is the one from the Dangerous Creatures collection. I guess Angela didn't have it in her house after all.

29jasonteachesjusticesongsfromchina.jpg

Then they went upstairs for their first night sleeping in their new home in France, after a few preliminaries, that is.

30firstnightinnewhouse.jpg

Justice prepared cheese plate for their first breakfast in this new vacation home.

31firstbreakfastinnewhouse.jpg

After breakfast, Jason got busy planting a garden in their nice, large, fenced in backyard. Justice upgraded the new sprinkler while he worked. The other one was already upgraded. They had brought it from Sunset Valley with them.

32jasonplantsjusticeupgrades.jpg

Justice finished the upgrade before Jason finished planting the garden, so she went upstairs to begin an upgrade on the bathtub.

33anotherupgradewhilewaiting.jpg

34almostfinishedplanting.jpg

Now, the Morgans were ready to embark on the next step in the adventure Justice had accepted. So they could actually travel together, they also had bought a new car.

35newcar.jpg

Jason couldn't follow Justice this time. Those electrical traps opened up after she walked past them. But she knew how to disable them, and was able to return to him.

36electricaltraps.jpg

Having finished all they were able to do with their current opportunities, before traveling to other countries as part of those chains, it was time for the Morgans to visit a tomb with no attached opportunity, a hidden tomb, in fact, which didn't even have a lot associated with it. I had discovered it by accident during Justice's previous solo game. It's called Tuatha's garden, and it is one of the few that needs two people to explore it. While Jason smashed the boulders blocking its entrance, Justice collected some wildflowers, and attempted to catch a small animal, which escaped.

38clearingentrancewhilejusticecollects.jpg

Here's one of the areas where two sims are needed. There are only enough moveable statues for four of the five gear plates in this area, but they must all be engaged to open the door they are attached to. Or maybe only a certain combination of four of them might work, but that could take more effort than I'm willing to put into it.

39twopersonjobintuathasgarden.jpg

It helps to have two sims for this one too. One can do it, but it's a lot more work.

40betterwithtwopersons.jpg

There was no room for their tent anywhere in this place, so the Morgans had to spend the night in their sleeping bags.

41sleepingintuathasgarden.jpg

The dive well in the center of the place leads to a large garden. While Jason harvested the many plants found there, Justice went around collecting everything else.

42harvestingintuathasundergroundgarden.jpg

43collectingintuathasgarden.jpg

Afterward, they went up to the surface, to find themselves on a small island in the middle of the river. There were several dig sites there. While Jason worked at the first one, Justice went around picking wildflowers. After she finished, she worked at another of the dig sites while Jason worked at the third.

44jasonexcavatesontheisland.jpg

45justicepicksflowersontheisland.jpg

The successful completion of their work called for a celebratory kiss before they returned to their home in France.

46celebratingvictorywithakiss.jpg

:o those are some big boulders lol. Good thing he has the pangu axe. Looks like Justice is asking about the rock breaking he did. I guess she might be wondering how hard they were to break up.

That is cool they have a nice home to have privacy in. I like it. That gargoyle gives me the shudders. It is uber ugly, not that there are any gargoyles to my knowledge that aren't ha ha ha.

For the first meal in the new house, I think I would have gone a little fancier than a cheese plate, but I guess being in France that is appropriate. They are known more for their cheese than they are where I live.

I see they are getting comfortable and settled in. Planting a garden shows they are really home. Good they had enough to get a car as well even after buying the house. So nice to seeing them doing so well.

I bet Jason was feeling so bad seeing Justice in such a dangerous situation.

What does catching a small animal and collecting flowers have to do with exploring the garden? Hmmm sounds strange, but since I don't usually go exploring it would any ways lol.

I like that garden thing. There are a lot of plants and it is quite pretty well worth the work it seems.

Great update.
  • Options
    bishty wrote: »
    Just this
    hvLbpTS.png

Well I guess even death has to go lol. After all when you gotta go, you gotta go lol.
  • Options
    LBell wrote: »
    Just 1 comment today as I am feeling extremely unwell.

Celiria: Lovely Saints Row sims. It is nice to see that someone else has my love of the game. I like Johnny Gat and Matt Miller.

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Keep getting better. That is an order from dr. colorist lol.
  • Options
    TadOlson wrote: »
    Celiria-That would be fine and I'd get to find out about it before buying it.Your sims look great.
    IreneSwift-I guess you might have to cheat through the adventures if they just glitch out.
    msbeckycat-I hope you get everything reinstalled and working again.
    bshty-Great TS2 update!That horse needs to be reset by Master COntroller.
    Puddinroy-It would be better to get a smaller sizedcopy of that image for the signature.
    Colorist40-It's great to get our signatures back.
    I've had to break up a big file to copy it over to shrink it down.

Yeah I agree. I changed mine for the moment. lol
  • Options
    231:

AiHaou: Nice update

IreneSwift: Nice pictures. I like the makeover. Wow that is a lot of relics! :)

Zabeth: Lovely update. Nicolae is my kind of guy! The unicorn is very pretty. I like the glow effect.

234:

bishty: Funny picture.

Also, colorist: Thank you for commenting individually on all of my posts, you honestly didn't have to do that. :P Pretty nice that they had a private wedding.

Nice to see signatures are back up.

Like your sig by the way lol.
  • Options
    AiHaou wrote: »
    bishty wrote: »
    Puddinroy Haha you don't say! :D

TadOlson Thanks :D I just typed in resetSim, it's quicker :P

Since it was winter, Sonja was unable to tend her garden, so she instead decided to waste her time setting fairy traps which nobody would ever trigger
    xvzx917.png
    Rufus attempted to prevent the mailwoman from delivering the bills :P
    rFqWhCV.png
    However, play time was soon over, and Sonja decided that the time was right to plant her forbidden fruit seed. She had always been fascinated by plantsims as she considered them to be something like gods of nature and she couldn't wait to raise her own
    Ly9Lpts.png
    That wasn't to say she didn't adore Adrian
    ce2Jygp.png
    but she was eager for another child; so eager she thought she'd speed up the growing process just a little :P
    sheBHxF.png9YcuK2r.png
    Shortly after that, Sonja turned into a tickle monster :P
    BBU0faY.pngaKnDaJj.png
    but then it was time for some serious work. Sonja had been asked by the military to provide 3 floor hygienators for their new clean room
    NzHpSiC.png
    When she returned from dropping them off, she quickly added all her new military contacts on facebook :P
    3gn9RO1.png
    Next morning, the snow was still too deep to garden, so Sonja had a rare relaxing bath in the morning
    jNuNq6l.png
    Then it was the moment of truth...
    3033o8N.pngAmsfMNl.pngIhKJPsd.png
    Sonja named her daughter Gwendolyn, after her own mother whose body had already returned to the earth. She was born with the "good" and "athletic" traits. Gwendolyn is beautiful, though her skin is an obnoxious shade of green. But Sonja was delighted regardless
    EnnwDMw.png
    "Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba" :D
    Sonja was fascinated by Gwendolyn, so to better find out how a plantsim actually works, she took a small shaving of Gweondolyn's skin and researched it at the science station
    POOUFdd.png
    To make sure he wasn't upset by getting a new little sister, Sonja took Adrian out for a stroll in the buggy, where they ran into Nina
    sy52zc4.png
    and had a little Lion King moment of their own :D
    7JVX0AX.png
    She also invited over his father, Dayvid Musgrave, and they had a good time together
    gyfLgyP.pngs3LFeig.png

Dawww!

Guess when you are bored you will get into mischief even if nobody will be the recipient of it lol.

Good Rufus. Good doggie. You keep that evil mail lady from delivering those nasty bills lol.

I don't plant plant sim seeds too often, but more often than not, I don't get one lol.

Well who could resist that face Adrian is a cutie for sure.

Hooray welcome Gwendolyn. You are a bright green that is for sure. I don't usually like green, but that green I like.

Good she is trying to make Adrian less jealous. But pushing that stroller through the snow has to be hard lol. I had to do that sometimes in rl when my son was little.

Great update.
  • Options
    Puddinroy wrote: »
    Okay, I will comment tomorrow. Is this still too big?

Is that a picture? ha ha ha ha.

Nope in fact it could be a little bigger perhaps.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    bishty: Nice update. I didn't know that was how plantsims were made. I have never seen it.

Puddinroy: It seems fine to me.

Funny face of Jackson.

16gfj7r.jpg

Here is Wesker going to his first day of work. It is a very rare occasion you see him without his sunglasses. I think he looks so much better without but sunglasses are his 'thing'. Haha. Same with Jackson and his crazy red hair! (Seriously it is that bright in real life too.) :lol:

34xp3wx.jpg

Night of the living zombie simpocolypse. I would have my eyes open whilst I slept too, Jackson. :P

20891le.jpg

Jackson you are just so adorable. Those eyes. I could lose myself in them they are so big lol.

Wesker you just don't look right without your shades, but it is refreshing to see you without them.

Jackson that first picture should be your reaction to the last pic with the zombie. I am glad you are sleeping with your eyes open, but honestly I would jump out of that sleeping bag and run for my life lol.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top