Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play and Share continued

Comments

• wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Donnovan and Patches left Penelope behind when they returned home.
    kp345.jpg

6JSxk49.png?1
  • LBellLBell Posts: 3,511 Member
    Colorist40 wrote: »
    @MayaRose1138 You only needed 5 more points so I found your current posts and a few in the back pages and liked them and agreed so you now a member. Congrats. Post away my dear.

Thank you to you, Celiria and dreamerz13 (and anyone else) for the likes and agreeing :). I've been out this morning and have only got back now to see what's been going on. My profile says my points are right on 50 at the time of posting this, so I guess we'll see if it worked!

Edit: yes, I'm a member!! Good, now I can go find those pics and post them for all of you lovely people :)

Congrats.
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,790 Member
    LBell wrote: »
    @MayaRose1138 You only needed 5 more points so I found your current posts and a few in the back pages and liked them and agreed so you now a member. Congrats. Post away my dear.

Thank you to you, Celiria and dreamerz13 (and anyone else) for the likes and agreeing :). I've been out this morning and have only got back now to see what's been going on. My profile says my points are right on 50 at the time of posting this, so I guess we'll see if it worked!

Edit: yes, I'm a member!! Good, now I can go find those pics and post them for all of you lovely people :)

Congrats.

Thank you :) I can now breathe easy again :lol:
  • Baker93Baker93 Posts: 20 Member
    I'm here and I'm so confused. What is this points and member thing?
    I've missed you guys. :'( Glad we are back up.
    So, some time ago I downloaded a lot named 'Gothic Shell' from the Exchange and I've never done anything with it until now. I started a new game in Midnight Hollow and plonked this lot down in the world so I could edit it. I've only done the living and dining rooms at the moment, and part of the kitchen (which I don't have pics for). I'm leaving the bedrooms for when I shift the Rainbow family into it and I can use their furniture. I should point out that I haven't redone the wallpaper and floors yet - what you see is what came with the house.

So here are some pics of the living room (Some are from before I put the fireplace in because it took me ages to find it!):
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Getting some of the angles anywhere close to right was difficult!!

Dining room:
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

I've put the big curtain thing behind where the master bed will be and I'm debating on how to use them in the girls bedrooms too. I think I will have to redo the wallpaper and such but I haven't worked out what I'll do yet.
    @MayaRose1388 I really like the long table and the way the living room is set up.
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited August 2014
    Baker93 wrote: »
    I'm here and I'm so confused. What is this points and member thing? <br />
    I've missed you guys. :'( Glad we are back up.

They've just set up a system where if you have less than 50 points you are a "new member" and unable to post links or pictures. Once you hit 50 or more points you are a "member" and can post images and links. This is all because of some nasty troll running around posting inappropriate images, or that's the assumption anyway, but it's a logical one. You can earn points with badges, which you earn from things around the community, post counts, reaction counts, a bunch of stuff. Oh you get 1 point for each positive reaction you receive too.

And Imma go back and like/agree some of your posts and help you towards being a member. I hate that anybody in this group can't post pictures.

Edit: well, I guess I can only like 2 of your posts, you seem to have a slightly different username from before so it won't count. I'll give you a link to what badges you can earn though, some of them are really easy. forums.thesims.com/en_US/badges
    edited August 2014
    @dreamerz13 If I went and changed my name to the one that i had previously would that help at all?
    Oh I guess I can't change my name. Drag. I only left out 2 numbers from my original name :(
    @dreamerz13 If I went and changed my name to the one that i had previously would that help at all?

If you can it should. You probably have more badges with that one already, and it would enable more posts to like/agree.

@dreamerz13 Yea, too bad I can't change it.
    edited August 2014
    @dreamerz13 Yea, too bad I can't change it.

Dang, I wondered if that would happen. Oh well. Hopefully we can still get you enough points before too long.

Edit: Well you should get the likes badge now. Unfortunately I can't give multiple reactions to posts or I'd do agrees too.
    Since I can't post pictures yet. :(
    Here is a small Rivers Legacy update:
    Jason and Erin are both elders now.
    Justin and Jesse got married and just had a baby girl named Carlee.
    Chloe is just about to age up into a YA. She also has a romantic thing with a guy (whose name i don't remember)
    They recently got a new house that I absolutely love right now.
    Sorry for multiple post from me tonight, either this weekend or the beginning of next week I'm going to make my self as a sim and go to college. I actually miss the game play from the University. Haven't played it in a while
  • EatCheesEatChees Posts: 1,378 Member
    EatChees wrote: »
    Just a little update. Here is one of the locations I made for my story. Still not sure what I should do for chapter 1 yet, but I'm trying to come up with some cool ideas.

Screenshot-9.jpg
    Screenshot-20-2.jpg
    Screenshot-18-1.jpg
    Screenshot-12-1.jpg
    Screenshot-13.jpg

Wow it would be great to do a whole sim story underwater if it were possible, which it probably isn't lol. Regardless I love the statue of the mermaid and the pics themselves.

Thanks! I have a few mermaid poses so I can do a fair bit of underwater storytelling but it won't be easy lol. Using pose player underwater is quite difficult.

Sig.png
  • Zabeth0Zabeth0 Posts: 1,337 Member
    347fdis.jpg

Zelda: "This is a rather long dance for it being the thing that's standing between you and the bedroom." She laughed. She was definitely having a good time. That made him feel a bit giddy, at least he could share some of this feeling with her. The pleasantness was also helping to distract him from the soreness....they weren't outside, the cold had faded, and the soreness was back. Really, what had he done when he was juiced, fought a bear? But he had no intention of telling her about that, he was trying to get her to fall in love with him, not think him an irresponsible 🐸🐸🐸🐸. "Oh." Then she looked alarmed, like she'd forgotten something. "Oh, are, are you actually into guys? I never even considered that, but you are ridiculously graceful and good looking and since you were talking to Deedee at the art center, I'm assuming an artist, I should have asked... and I didn't read what the spell would do if you were...I might have rushed a bit."

Rafael: "No, Zyelda, I am not, as you say, 'into guys'. And as you vell know, I'm very myuch in love vith you, therreforre, yourr spyell vorrked. But I am an arrtyist." He was taking it slow; it wasn't that he didn't want to go to the bedroom, it was that everything that he'd read about this sort of situation indicated that it would not work out very well if rushed. He'd been kissed before, he'd danced before, but he only had a theoretical knowledge of the next step, and he certainly didn't want to mess up there. The dancing was a bit reassuring. He supposed some part of him was also sure they were moving too fast, that she'd quickly tire of him, and that if he didn't want that to happen, he needed to slow it down. The spell seemed to work differently than he'd expect spells to work from stories, he was still completely in control of himself; he even knew he was under a spell, the only thing that seemed to be different than normal was his feelings towards her. They were as strong as any feelings he'd had for anyone; as strong as his love for his grandma, his little sister, his mother, his older brother; as strong as his hatred of Konstantin Petrovich Ovechkin and his father, just as strong as any of those feelings, but built on...a snowball fight and a very creepy wedding that still had him confused. All the other feelings were built either on long term relationships or extreme circumstances, and all of the emotions made sense; except for this one, which only made sense because he knew it was a spell. He didn't want the spell to end though, he just wanted more scaffolding for the emotion.

2a7g3uf.jpg

Rafael: "But beink that the spyell makes me love you, and attachyes such fyeelings to vhatevyer ve do, I'd like somethink a bit morre rromyantic in herre than a snowbyall fight and standink undyer a crrreepy death statue...surrely not too much to ask?" She frowned when he mentioned the death statue, and looked guilty.

Zelda: "No, no, of course not. You kept your promise, so I'm in a rather rewarding mood. By all accounts though, there is only one thing that guys want, so I guess I was a bit confused that you didn't seem that eager." She said, paused, then confessed, "Things don't usually just work...it's making me edgy to find what has gone wrong this time. Obviously Deedee didn't read my text, but other than that, I expected more fight from this."

Rafael: "Vell, you'rre not gyettink any frrom me. I vant you to hyave a good tyime."

Zelda: She laughed again. "Oh, that, my dear Rafael, is the right answer."

Rafael: They continued dancing for about ten more minutes before Zelda's phone rang.

2ex1zkx.jpg

Zelda: "What."

18dwk2.jpg

Zelda: "Oh, Deedee, how nice to hear from you."

21vkb7.jpg

Zelda: "What, no congrats? How rude. What, I sent you a picture of us kissing, and a text with all the details so you could show up to the wedding, and you didn't, now you can't even say congratulations. What? Well, I sent it, how do I know you didn't just ignore it? It said sent. You didn't get the picture either? Pity, it was a really good one...in his jammies."

2w3by83.jpg

Zelda: "Nope, you had your three days, he's mine. No, a love spell- what, I can try new things! He's really a better match for me than you, anyway."

5vbodk.jpg

Zelda: "Well, fine, just come over, we'll duel, and if you do manage to kill me, you only have to keep me dead a year, and then he's all yours!"

11b3mgg.jpg

Zelda: She hung up the phone in a huff. "She's such a coward."

Rafael: "So she's not comink ovyer to try to kyill you?" He did not like the idea of her daring people to kill her.

4s1a9w.jpg

Zelda: "No...I say she's a coward, but really, she's just not stupid. I'm the best witch at spell battle, I've killed a lot of older and more powerful witches in duels, how do you think I've got an ancient spellbook when I'm this young? It's not really a matter of having more powerful spells when it's a duel; it's having the right spell at the right time, and I've got picture taking reflexes."

2agn4uo.jpg

Zelda: "Well, I feel better now, at least I know it was just a technology screw up, and not that someone else killed her or that she just flat ignored me."

2m5mivl.jpg

Zelda: "Okay, you've had your dance. Now let's go to the bedroom, and see if this next part is as awesome as it's hyped up to be."
  • Zabeth0Zabeth0 Posts: 1,337 Member
    Sorry to be so slow...I've had quite a string of visitors as of late. (I guess it's better now than if they were driving on icy roads.) I've been working on this post off and on all day (figuratively speaking since really it was since yesterday night/morning to now, which technically is morning too)- I would have been a bit unhappy if I'd finally gotten it to where I wanted it and couldn't post pictures, so thanks to whoever got me to be a member.

@IreneSwift: That sounds like a good solution- that way your collections from Angela won't be wasted, and your adventurers will still have a life, and a daughter to carry on the family tradition. Um, the adventures don't reset, though, or at least that's what I read back when I was sending Jake adventuring. I'm not sure if there is a work around on that, or if Traveler lets you do it or anything, but I'm sure you'll figure it out, if anyone can. :D I'm glad you're going to play the family. :D

@Scottish Lily: Welcome. :D

@Bishty: Who am I to judge? I just pretty much told you I was tempted myself...the reason these tools are market tools are because they work- if letting people try clothes on didn't make more people buy the clothes, they wouldn't let people try them on, if letting people test drive cars didn't get more people to buy cars, they wouldn't let people test drive cars, and if releasing free demo versions of games didn't get more people to buy the game, they wouldn't put out the content for free. That being the case, if no one buys sims 4, there won't be a sims 5...and I don't see any evidence of hair texture being a genetics option in sims 4- so naturally, I want to hold out hope they'll have it in sims 5. (Around 60% of the world has curly hair! This would go leagues in making sims look different from each other.) Just keep in mind that when you buy a new game, you're likely to run into bugs they didn't test the game long enough to find, and there won't be a patch until the next expansion comes out (unless they change their way of doing things). If you go into it knowing that, it could possibly help alleviate some stress... (and really, who needs stress from a game?) Happy weekend! :D

@Celiria: She looks fun! :D Cat themed, huh? Well, those pontails on the top of her head do look a little like cat ears. :D

@EatChees: How did your Canadian Merman Zachary find out he was a merman? Is this the ruins of a merman civilization? Is it ancient ruins, or more recent? Is this where he was born, or maybe the first merman/maid city on record? Where you begin your story really depends on what story you want to tell. :D I wouldn't do the entire story underwater myself, but I am interested in the underwater aspect...my game can't handle IP, I couldn't even play a day there. Your pictures are great. Is your story about the love between Alexei and Zachary, about Zachary discovering his roots, about his kids, about his robotics company? Is it about the great war for Earths water? Is it about how Zachary got the ability to travel back and forth in time? Is it about the kids search for mates? Do mermen/maids have any specific advantage or drawbacks in the future? (You mentioned going back to when the oceans were teaming with life- so is the ocean so poluted in the future that mermen/maids have to be raised in science facilities for their safety so they don't dry out and die? (since the 'wild' waters are all deadly?) From what you posted, you have the potential for a lot of different stories... and what the big story is will influence what goes in chapter one (I'm assuming from there being a chapter one that it's a larger story), and the bigger the story, the more sideplots it can carry! :D I'm sorry to grill you but you seem open to ideas, and sometimes people get wonderful ideas just to shut me up lol. :D

@Lbell: Looks promising... so, he's conflicted, he wants to be human and not drink them, but his vampire need drives him to want to drink humans instead. I like his look...but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if you went back to Wesker and Jackson. :D They are hilarious. I'm not sure the vampire would be hilarious...though I suppose if he was the Wil.E.Coyote of vampires maybe. :D

@Dreamerz: Sorry, I'm gonna be lame here, but I can only say the twins look cool. (Why do I think spy movie?) It is interesting to see how different the male/female version look in sims 4. I hope you are having a great day! :D
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've just come to post some comments and to state that I'm going to see if I can shrink my file load in my external hard drive even more with compressing the files I'm not using actively. 60.gif
    LBell-That sounds like a great alternative game to play.
    AiHaou-Great update!
    Baker93-Hi there!I hope you get full membership soon. 24.gif
    MayaRose1138-Great update!
    Zabetho-Great update!I'm glad you're able to post pictures.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    @MayaRose1388 I really like the long table and the way the living room is set up.

Thank you :) I figured that with a chance of ten kids again, and their IFs, they needed something big!

• IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    @Celiria So, the cat theme is the reason for the spiked collar and the twists of hair on the top of her head? Maybe there will be some shirts with cats on them when the actual game comes out. Are you going to buy it?

And I agree, it should be a fun game. I like to make games with contrasting personalities, though I haven't done it so much since the attraction system was added, since I wanted my married couples to be attracted to each other. I guess it kind of spoiled things a bit in that respect. I should probably just ignore it, but it is nice for them to have that positive moodlet.

@Colorist40 I guess it must have to do with the badges I seem to have earned right away. I actually have only 2 likes and 1 LOL. If it were based only on that like/dislike feature, it definitely would be abused, but maybe the badges will help offset it a little. Probably not enough if some troll goes to war on somebody, though.

There are still some on this thread who are listed as new members. You could still help them out with “likes.” I wasn't thinking anybody only did it to me when I said that.

@LBell It's hard to say, regarding graphics cards, why a certain one would work for one person, but not for another playing the same games. Of course, the fact that the card is only listed as “series” means we may not have the same card. Mine could be higher end than yours, or yours could even be defective. My son returned the ones that didn't work for me, as defective. According to the specs, they should have worked with the game.

Another thing he told me is that components like memory and processors with different speeds are really identical items, they just test them and rate them by their results. Nowadays, “dual core” processors are really quad core processors with 2 cores disabled. When he upgraded my computer, and I complained that it was still too slow for my game, he enabled the 2 disabled cores to speed it up. It worked.

I do still have issues, though nothing I can't live with. I can tell by the pictures you post that your graphics settings are higher than mine. I had to turn them down after I installed Pets and Seasons. So, that could be part of your problem. Maybe you should try turning down the settings that say they affect game performance, if that's an issue, or the ones that say they affect rendering performance, if that's giving you problems, which it sounds like it is.

I love you new sim and game idea. I hope you don't get tired of him too quickly. Can't you alternate between games and play both him and your Wesker and Jackson game?

@EatChees That is a beautiful location. It's almost making me want to get IP. Almost.

@Sara2573 I agree with you, but the issue is that some people who are listed as new members really aren't new at all. They just maybe don't have as many posts as some others of us.

@AiHaou That island looks really nice. I think I might choose it as a vacation home too, if I had IP. Did they build their house there, or was it already there? Or is it a houseboat they already had?

@MayaRose1138 The house looks good. I really like that flooring in the dining room.

@Baker93 It looks like you've made it to “member” now. Good. I think the badges you earn must have a lot to do with the points. I have over 80 points, but only 2 likes and 1 LOL. And I was already a member before I got those.

Now you need to post some pictures to go with that update. I'd like to see the new house too.

@Zabeth0 So, Rafael is still sore. I wonder if Zelda knows what happened to him?

It seems like the death statue might have something to do with what's bothering her. I'm still waiting to find out what she learned that is so bad.

Hmm. She called him “my dear Rafael” - after she told him not to get used to hearing her use his name.

So, now she hears from Deedee, and obviously, Deedee isn't happy. That should make Zelda happy, since that's what she wanted. It sounds like what she wants most is a chance to kill Deedee. She's wrong in saying that Rafael is a better match for her than for Deedee, though, because Rafael isn't really evil. He's just trying to be.

No, adventures don't reset. You must have missed where I said that she is going to move out to a new game. So long as her parents don't go along with her, the vacation worlds will be all new. But I did learn with Angela, that when they move to a new town after completing adventures, the tombs they've already done will have to be exposed all over again, but the starting keystones are already in the locks. That's why she's only going to do the simple, non-exploration adventures when her family visits their vacation homes, if she can do them at all. I don't really have any idea whether they've available for teens to do or not. That would be kind of cool to have a teen explorer, but she'd have to move to do it, and unless she had a YA sibling to move out with, it couldn't happen.

The FAQ's for Traveler say that you can replace the files for the WA worlds in your game save folder with fresh ones from a new game, and reset them that way. But if you took anyone along that had already done them, they would still have those keystones in place. At least if they did, adventures dropping from their queue wouldn't be a problem. They could still do the exploring. But they would never get the adventures at all, because those carry over as finished too.
  • LozzomaticLozzomatic Posts: 516 Member
    I would post pics of my current family but for some reason I'm considered a new member here. Despite having been postin on the forums for around 3 years now...so yeah. Stupid.

Anyhow, I play a legacy family of sorts, but I theme it around history. I started the family off in 1650 and carried on through there with each sim day a *year. It gets a little awkward when a toddler is in the family as I have the settings so they age after 6 days, so I change it to every 2 sim days being a year until they become a child.

Right now the family is in 1882...I think and the heir is in University. The family tree is utterly ridiculous. It would be even more so but there was a glitch and they had to move to a new town before the save was totally ruined. Still, BIG BIG family. Many cousins and in-laws. The heir's parents had about 5 kids in total. It's crazy.

I have the Sims 2 Ultimate which I'm loving. So many good memories playing with this game. I have a test legacy who *just had the third generation born 2 days ago. I'm also making another Downtown area, with custom apartments. I have so far made plenty of poorer style apartments, and am about to make some more or less average places soon.
  • CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    @Zabeth yep and the best part is I didn't plan the cat theme, I just randomized the name and shortened it because I like nicknames and kind of winged it from there. Always the best moments when something fun like that happens and you can just run with it :D

@IreneSwift Yep though I am hoping there will be other collars in the full game, I don't mind spiked collars and won't blame maxis if it's just the one (not exactly the most common fashion choice after all) but it would be nice to have a non spike one.

And yes I am getting the game, the way I look at it is even with the stuff it doesn't have it looks fun and a lot of the people who have tried it have said it's fun and that's good enough for me. And if I occasionally miss features that aren't there then I still have Sims 3 to play when I feel like it.

@Lozzomatic Hi there, welcome I don't think I've seen you on this thread before. And yeah the points system is annoying. I will like a few of your posts and hopefully help you become a member. You become a member when you hit 50 points.
  • LozzomaticLozzomatic Posts: 516 Member
    Celiria: I mentioned in another thread already, but thank you so much for that. 56 points, very nice indeed.
  • LBellLBell Posts: 3,511 Member
    IreneSwift wrote: »

@LBell It's hard to say, regarding graphics cards, why a certain one would work for one person, but not for another playing the same games. Of course, the fact that the card is only listed as “series” means we may not have the same card. Mine could be higher end than yours, or yours could even be defective. My son returned the ones that didn't work for me, as defective. According to the specs, they should have worked with the game.

Another thing he told me is that components like memory and processors with different speeds are really identical items, they just test them and rate them by their results. Nowadays, “dual core” processors are really quad core processors with 2 cores disabled. When he upgraded my computer, and I complained that it was still too slow for my game, he enabled the 2 disabled cores to speed it up. It worked.

I do still have issues, though nothing I can't live with. I can tell by the pictures you post that your graphics settings are higher than mine. I had to turn them down after I installed Pets and Seasons. So, that could be part of your problem. Maybe you should try turning down the settings that say they affect game performance, if that's an issue, or the ones that say they affect rendering performance, if that's giving you problems, which it sounds like it is.

I love you new sim and game idea. I hope you don't get tired of him too quickly. Can't you alternate between games and play both him and your Wesker and Jackson game?

I'm on my iPad so proper comments maybe later.

I know what number in the series my card is. I just meant it seemed we had similar brands. Mine is quite a recent one so it's probably not that yours is a higher end. Like I said the issues I have aren't game breaking they're playable but very annoying as I am a little OCD when it comes to my games. But now I know sims gameplay is far from perfect as many people have problems but look past them which I should do too.

Luckily I have resolved the issues anyway. It was 1 little detail setting that somehow got changed in my AMD control panel. Things are running better now and no weird graphical issues and things load shockingly fast! :D

My computer has 8 cores so it's more than capable of playing anything I throw at it. It is not defective either as I have had Jackson take a look and he is a software engineer/IT Technician. I do not have Pets installed but I know that gives problems for people. I personally hate that EP. I have a fear of dogs you see as I was attacked when I was younger. Cats I don't like and horses are my pet peeve. If they had rabbits I would install it no hesitation. Haha. :pensive:

Thanks about my new sim. I think I will be playing Wesker and Jackson soon as the new sim seems quite dull in comparison haha. :D

• IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    @Lozzomatic Welcome to this discussion. I see that you are now a member, so will look forward to seeing pictures of your game.

@Celiria Let us know how you like the game. I was really turned off by the way the emotions were presented in the trailer. It just seems like something that's going to complicate the game more. In spite of that, I would actually give the game a try if they weren't asking so much for it. There's no way I'll spend that kind of money on any game, without knowing for sure beforehand that I will love it as much as I love Sims 3. If they were to put out a demo game that gave you a chance to try out the actual gameplay before you buy, then I would definitely try it out.

@LBell I'm glad you found such a simple fix for your problems. I have no idea of the exact model of my graphics card, because my son didn't give me the box. I was just thinking that maybe your graphics card might be defective, not your whole computer. And I thought that when you first got the computer, you were having so much trouble your game wouldn't play at all. Or maybe you returned that one and got a different one instead? I know somebody went through that recently, but I can't remember who it was for sure. I thought it was you.

Anyway, I hope you can learn to live with the minor issues. Now that I have WA, I have more of them than before, especially when my sims are adventuring. There are certain points where the game always freezes, like when they get to the Pangu Axe, or when certain doors or stairways are being opened by a floor trap. Sometimes the freeze lasts quite a long time, and I start to wonder if the game has frozen entirely. I know some players would uninstall it or at least quit doing adventures, but to me, it's worth it, because I love the exploring. So, I just pick up my tablet and play free cell while I wait for it to unfreeze. LOL!

I don't like the pets either, but I love the clothing and some of the other things that come with the EP. I've got NRaas SP set to allow only one of each kind of pet in the entire town now. I would have set it at zero, but that only means it allows the EA default. I don't have pets in my households anymore, because it seems if there is a pet, it becomes the focus of the game, and I'm not really interested in playing a sim whose life revolves around an animal, and who has no time for a real social life. Although, I do like the small animals, and the occasional raccoon, which I set to allow 2 of in the game. If they weren't so expensive to feed, I'd have more of my sims have small animals as pets.

I can understand you being bored with your new sim, even though he is so cute and his back story sounds interesting. An interesting back story does not necessarily mean an interesting game.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top