Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Running list of confirmed features, 201 and counting!

Comments

• ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    Sincerbox wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Sims can use the rocketship to explore space and bring back stuff from outer space that they can't get on Simsearth - for the first time ever. I guess it is the Sims turn to be the aliens. hehehe But this is new. My first sims will be an astronaut so i can explore this i think.
    -

I guess that is what we would call a TS4 rabbit hole. :)

I argued this one with bfluff on the other thread and he decided that since the rabbit hole isn't visible while your Sim is in it, it doesn't count as a rabbit hole. :s At least I think that was his reasoning.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • panapopspanapops Posts: 429 Member
    ebuchala wrote: »
    Sims can use the rocketship to explore space and bring back stuff from outer space that they can't get on Simsearth - for the first time ever. I guess it is the Sims turn to be the aliens. hehehe But this is new. My first sims will be an astronaut so i can explore this i think.
    -

I argued this one with bfluff on the other thread and he decided that since the rabbit hole isn't visible while your Sim is in it, it doesn't count as a rabbit hole. :s At least I think that was his reasoning.

So it's a black hole, then?
  • bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    -

Isn't that the definition of a rabbit hole?

BTW, you should use @bflury so it grabs my attention quicker :)
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
    bflury wrote: »
    -

But bfluff is cuter. ;)
    -

But bfluff is cuter. ;)
    As true as it is, I don't get alerted to it :) How about bfluff (@bflury)?

For what is worth I could have been pushed on this one...

The definition on the Wikipedia about the game says: A rabbit hole is an object, generally massive in size, that Sims can enter or do activities in, but which the game camera cannot enter. Rabbit holes fade away when the camera gets closer to them, and Sims cannot be seen while they're inside one.

Technically, there is nothing in The Sims 4 that disappears as it gets closer to them, nor "massive" in size. I wouldn't have considered the time machine (before ITF) in The Sims 3 a rabbit hole.
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
    -

But bfluff is cuter. ;)

The definition on the Wikipedia about the game says: A rabbit hole is an object, generally massive in size, that Sims can enter or do activities in, but which the game camera cannot enter. Rabbit holes fade away when the camera gets closer to them, and Sims cannot be seen while they're inside one.

Technically, there is nothing in The Sims 4 that disappears as it gets closer to them, nor "massive" in size. I wouldn't have considered the time machine (before ITF) in The Sims 3 a rabbit hole.

I'll try to remember when I'm not feeling too lazy to do it. :D

Seriously, I think it's more a concept with the game--the point that your Sim disappears into an opening and does some off-screen activity and then returns through the opening. I'm assuming the Wiki content is user-supplied or was the information taken directly from one of the official guides or something? I mean, schools and businesses aren't exactly massive in size. Space, on the other hand.... Also, the school and all the businesses I ever checked out didn't disappear as the camera got closer so I'm not sure what that's supposed to be about. Actually the whole section you've quoted from the Wiki sounds kind of inaccurate, in my opinion.
  • SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    -

But bfluff is cuter. ;)

Arbitrarily selecting the Wikipedia definition of a rabbit hole and adhering to it to the letter doesn't reflect common sense. By that definition the rabbit holes in Ambitions created by the minor are not rabbit holes because they are not large objects that fade away. If the Ambitions rabbit holes are not rabbit holes someone needs to explain that to Alice's rabbit.

Origin ID: Barbara917
    -

But bfluff is cuter. ;)

I mean, schools and businesses aren't exactly massive in size. Space, on the other hand....
    The point is that you could see the massive objects of "schools" and "businesses", but you can't see space. If anything it would be the spaceship which is a rabbit hole, but then you could effectively say cars were rabbit holes in Sims 2 and the whole argument falls apart...

The source was the Sims wiki, I wouldn't take it to be gospel. Like I said I could see the argument for this one both ways...

• DemyanoSlavDemyanoSlav Posts: 581 Member
    These look great! Haha. 'Unsatisfying woo-hoo'.. How.. realistic.
  • JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    These look great! Haha. 'Unsatisfying woo-hoo'.. How.. realistic.

Sounds like you've been there before :/
    -

But bfluff is cuter. ;)

I mean, schools and businesses aren't exactly massive in size. Space, on the other hand....
    The point is that you could see the massive objects of "schools" and "businesses", but you can't see space. If anything it would be the spaceship which is a rabbit hole, but then you could effectively say cars were rabbit holes in Sims 2 and the whole argument falls apart...

The source was the Sims wiki, I wouldn't take it to be gospel. Like I said I could see the argument for this one both ways...
    Ok, you're right about the space ship vs. car thing.

However, this is why I said I think it's more a concept than something to be extremely particular about. Graham used the term rabbitholes when talking about the upcoming hidden venues in TS4.

They’re what I was alluding to in your E3 interview about how what you think of as a “rabbithole” can work completely differently now. It gives us the flexibility to do many cool things that wouldn’t have been possible in Sims 3.

Which indicates to me that they think of the hidden lots as rabbit holes (which, if you recall, was the last rabbit hole I suggested to you). Maybe since the hidden lots are accessed by way of an opening that will likely be stationary, they consider that one but not the spaceship one. Either way, the gurus seem to think there are still rabbitholes in TS4.
  • I_am_beanI_am_bean Posts: 1,568 Member
    http://www.joystiq.com/2014/08/13/coveting-my-neighbors-house-in-the-sims-4/?ncid=rss_truncated

NEW cross-breeding of plants and frogs

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/08/13/death-kills-parents-robs-cradle-in-sims-4

NEW "There was a family and they had a baby. And the family died. The Grim Reaper came, but the baby was hungry. So, Grim turned everyone into urns, but before he left, he fed the baby."
    Grim has a more in depth character now.

"he's also been known to walk by a park full of beautiful people and turn his head to enjoy the view."
    LOL
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H04pcqnSmbk&list=UU6jZvmJ7QJ_LAH-DpMpLf2Q#t=169

NEW When your sim is in labor they are still playable. They can watch tv, interact with other sims, ect. Before, once they were in labor they had no interactions until the baby came.
    Woot! I shall update the list with these new features I_am_bean.

You are just too good.
    edited August 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H04pcqnSmbk&list=UU6jZvmJ7QJ_LAH-DpMpLf2Q#t=169
    (video is at current time when info happens :) )
    NEW Siblings can feel "Sad" from new siblings being born, lol
  • kriskogramkriskogram Posts: 306 Member
    edited August 2014
    Ops, :D hhahahaha, i missread the title of this thread! Sorry!
    swxz4h.png
    kriskogram wrote: »
    138???? What is in The Sims 4 , this is getting really sad : X !
    Just read through the list. These are features that ARE included in the game. You might be thinking of the "78 missing" thread.
  • thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    Heya , ebuchala , I_am_bean, Joe. How've you guys been?
    Glad of it.

*waves*
    **waves back***
  • kriskogramkriskogram Posts: 306 Member
    kriskogram wrote: »
    138???? What is in The Sims 4 , this is getting really sad : X !
    Just read through the list. These are features that ARE included in the game. You might be thinking of the "78 missing" thread.

Sorry, :D:D:D and thanks (getting sleepy here it's 1 am almost)
    swxz4h.png

I'm doing quite well, thank ya! Yourself? :D
    Fine. A bit nervous ,I start school tomorrow.