Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Accurate list of new and not returning features in Sims 4

JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
First the list of features not making a return. The list of new features can be found in posts 3 and 4 or by clicking here:
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12371042/#Comment_12371042
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12371044/#Comment_12371044

Here is an accurate list of features that won't make a return in the launch of Sims 4. I'll post incorrect items and their reasoning as well.

This will be a community effort; if you feel I have placed a certain item in the wrong place on this list please feel free to discuss the issue and make your case. If you have any sources to contradict anything on the list please feel free to provide those as well. Also feel free to discuss any other features not found in the launch of Sims 4 that were in the launch of other Sim games.

Please do not make an argument that something on the list "isn't important." Please remember that just because something isn't important to you doesn't mean it's not important to other people.

Do feel free to point out if an item in question is ridiculous because it could spawn 1000 "missing" features. For example listing an individual Sim that was in previous Sim games but aren't in Sims 4. Such things do nothing but pad the numbers.

Let's get started!

List of features/game play missing from Sims 4 launch that were in previous Sims games at their respective launch:

--No create a style (CAST)
--No swimming; no pools and no swimming in other bodies of water.
--No terrain tools other than paint
--No toddlers
--No open world; loading screens between lots
--No animated hair
--No aspiration failures
--No bookstores
--No cars
--No changing tables
--No diseases or illness
--No gardeners for hire
--No grocery stores
--No tragic clown or social bunny
--Fewer floors/levels
--Smaller lots - Lots are limited to 50x50 instead of 64x64
--No cinemas
--No dish washers
--No trash compactors
--No color wheel
--No acne

--cloths shopping:
While shopping for clothes does appear to be out a Guru said clothes can be unlocked.

--Smaller worlds:
While the worlds in Sims 4 are indeed smaller your Sim can now freely travel (won't lose needs or relationships) to multiple worlds so the lots available to them won't necessarily be fewer.

--Babies are mere objects - ***ALL INTERACTION IS THRU THE BASINET, NO NEEDS, YOU CAN'T WALK AROUND WITH THEM:
This is misleading as babies have always technically been objects. They didn't do anything on their own, you couldn't actually control them directly. However I'm leaving this here as a missing feature because it is true they don't have needs any longer and you can't carry them from room to room.

--No bikes:
Kind of pushing it including no cars and no bikes but we'll leave it.

--No multi-tone hair color:
Partly true so I'm leaving this here. Sims can have different colors in their hair but the user can't choose which different colors. This is going by the CAS demo so maybe it will be different in full version?

--No eyelash length slider:
Partly true. While there is no actual eyelash length slider you can choose different eyelash lengths for sims. Again this is going by the CAS demo.

--No cemeteries:
Someone said that while there are no cemeteries in the game a Guru said players could make a cemetery. I couldn't find a source on this so I'm leaving it here for now.

--No move object cheat:
The source for this says:

"Moveobjects is not currently included. They are having some issues at this time, but they are working hard to get it fixed. Free placement cheat is included, and yes, they know it is not the same!"

Last we heard moveobjects cheat was not in Sims 4 but it's a feature they want in the game and they are working on putting in the game. So at least we know it's not a feature they want removed.

--No random deaths:
Someone has mentioned that there are indeed random deaths but you will have the option to cancel the death so the Sim won't die. This actually works exactly how it worked in previous games with the death flower; you could make a Sim immune to dying. However as of this time we do not have a source on this so I'll keep it here for the time being.

--No story progression:
Even though I don't agree with it being here the least they should have done was make it an option so it would satisfy everyone.

Features removed that didn't do anything or had their purpose replaced by a different system:

--No favorites

--No zodiac signs:
In Sims 1 and 2 Zodiac signs determined default personalities for Sims. In Sims 3 and 4 you can alter your Sim's personality via traits. Other than personalities the only thing signs did in Sims 1, 2 and 3 was play a small role in how well Sims got along with other Sims depending on their signs and this once again appears to be affected by traits and emotions.

--No interests:
All interests did in previous games was determine what Sims liked to talk about when they were talking with another Sim (the speech bubble above their heads) and that seems to have been replaced via traits and emotions.

Wrong information:

--No modifications to p-u-b-l-i-c space:
This came in a patch in Sims 3 after the launch.

--No way to create/place new lots:

--No male body hair:

--No opacity slider for makeup:

--No bartenders:
There are bartenders in Sims 4

Misleading information:

--No nursery items other than basinet (cribs, highchairs, etc.):
Bassinets are cribs, highchairs aren't used by babies but rather toddlers. There are decorative items in Sims 4 where players can create a nursery.

--Law enforcement, Medical, Business, etc. were removed:
Sims 4 has different careers; this is not a "missing" features.

--No comfort needs:
While there isn't a comfort "need", comfort will have an effect on emotions.

--No garage doors:
I'm pretty sure I've seen screenshots of Sims 4 with garage doors. If we mean no "functioning" garage doors (they are just for decoration) then this should already be covered under "no cars."

--No rabbit holes at all:
1) There has been talk of rabbit holes (rocket ship for example.) 2) We've already covered the world isn't a "true" open world like in Sims 3 so why would there be rabbit holes?

--No repo man:
While there are indeed no repomen there are now other consequences to not paying your bills; namely your power and water might be shut off.

--No way to watch the sim commute to work/school:
We have already established there are loading screens so it should go without saying that you aren't going to be able to watch your Sim go to school/work.

--32-bit executable:
Many games were released in 2014 that use 32 bit. This is not out of the ordinary.

--Incompatible simpoint currency:
A lot of countries have banned virtual currency in recent years with many other countries thinking about it. It only makes sense for any company to steer clear of virtual currency whenever possible.

--Premium Membership required to get certain sets on release day or at all:
This is not a "missing" feature. A lot of game companies do something similar.
Post edited by JoeWow1003 on

Comments

• JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    edited August 2014
    Opinions:
    --Teens are same height as adults and they along with elders all look nearly identical:
    While they are the same height there are subtle differences between the life states to differentiate between them. Some people might think it's silly that a teenager old enough to drive should be significantly shorter than a young adult.

--No website for browsing exchange or store (its in-game only):
    Some people prefer if the exchange were accessible via in game instead of on a website.

--Will Wright (in Sims 1 & 2):
    Are we really going to name every Sim not found in Sims 4 that were found in previous games?

--Fewer user selectable traits per Sim within CAS (additional ones assigned during gameplay):
    Some people might prefer unlocking traits while playing the game.

--No newspapers:
    Every purpose a newspaper serverd has been served by computers since...since I'm pretty sure Sims 1. Newspapers have been obsolete for quite some time now.

Duplicate information:

--Completely flat building lots:
    This is already covered under "no terrain tools"

--No party invitations from other Sims:
    This is already covered under "No story progression"

Dubious sources:

--No aliens
    --No ghosts:

The source for "no aliens" and "no ghosts" states:

"Did you see any sim vampire, ghost, alien or something supernatural?
    No vampires or aliens or any supernatural creature. I have not seen ghosts."

This source does not say that aliens and ghosts don't exist in Sims 4; merely that this person did not see them.

--No burglars:
    The source for "no burglars" states:

"I'm not sure if burglars and kleptomaniacs are a thing of the past now."

--No fears:
    The source for "no fears" reads like this:

Someone asks a Guru:

"is there anything you can say about if moodlets and/or wishes (like Sims 3) will return? Or are those fears and wishes again?

To which the Guru answered:

"Wishes are gone. They've been replaced with Whims (similar concept, but a bit more fleeting and moment to moment than a wish.)"

--No full face make-up:

The source for this simply states full face make-up wasn't available in CAS. This does not mean full face make-up can't be applied in game like they were in Sims 3 at festivals.

--No repairmen:

Unless I just completely missed it the source provided for this doesn't even mention repairmen.

Rumors/no sources:

--No inheritance
    --No magazines
    --No pinball machines
    --No way to water flower beds / bushes
    --No family trees
    --No attraction system
    --No MAC version
    --No exterminator
    --No swings
    --No cashiers
    --No create a world
    --No dinner proposals
    --No curfew
    --No dreams-- In fact I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that dreams can affect emotions...
    --No restaurants
    --No hot tubs
    --Fewer "actual" traits
    --No pool tables

--All buildings on a lot must either have/have not a foundation:
    I might have just missed it on the source but I didn't see it mention this at all.
    edited August 2014
    NEW FEATURES HERE!
    NEW FEATURES HERE!
    NEW FEATURES HERE!

Come on folks! Help me build a running list of features found in Sims 4 at launch that were not found in Sims 3 at launch. Remember it can even be something as simple as a type of object.

This is a list compiled by YOU, the fans. I'm merely keeping track of everything. So please feel free to post with any features not yet listed or with any sources not yet sourced, or if you see any mistakes that need to be corrected.

New features to the series:

Create a Sim:

Ability to change the size and shape of just about any Sim body part/area
    The bro trait
    Hats can be used with any hair style
    Boots go over and under pants leg
    Walk styles
    Aspirations now have specific traits attached to them.
    Children can now have Aspirations specific to them.
    Sims can have five outfits now instead of three per category
    Improved randomization function (randomize just skin tone, hair color, body type, etc etc)

Pregnancy and Babies:
    Any outfit can be worn as maternity wear.
    Pregnancy tests
    Unexpected pregnancy lengths
    Maternity leave is not mandatory
    Pregnancy comes in different shapes and sizes depending on your Sim's body type
    Bassinets no longer required to give birth at home.
    When your sim is in labor they are still playable. They can watch tv, interact with other sims, ect.

Sim life:

Video gaming skill
    Programming skill
    Rocket science skill
    Comedian job
    Enhanced emotions
    Romance bar
    Multitasking
    Enhanced group social interactions
    Ability to write books that affect emotions
    Ability to resurrect a sim with a book you have written
    Gourmet cooking skill
    Can order more than one type of pizza
    Woodworking skill
    Assigning roles to Sims during parties
    You can make useable and decorative objects out of wood (musical instruments, furniture, plumbing, statues)
    Ability to have all aspirations/aspiration progress will be saved if you switch aspirations then switch back.
    Ability to keep progress in one aspiration when you change to another
    Improved aspirations (more detailed than just family or knowledge)
    Photo bombs
    3 new ways to die; dying of hysterical laughter, dying of being enraged, dying of being mortified
    Paintings and objects affect Sim's emotions
    You can bake birthday cakes
    Mentors
    Different types of Showers that affect emotions
    Sim can get writers block
    Sims can now read skill books beyond their level but become confused doing so
    Sim can now choose to keep a book they write without publishing it
    Sims skilled in writing can write love email
    Sims can write screnplays, jokes, violin music, guitar music, piano music to sell for money
    Sims can now self publish their books
    New career: Tech Guru
    Ask about Woo Hoo/Birds and Bees talk
    Enhanced WooHoo!!!! (decreased hygiene from engaging in it, "unsatisfying" woohoo, etc)
    Sims can now purchase/earn more traits
    All clothing will be available for any category
    Can do push-ups and sit-ups on the ground
    Siblings can feel "Sad" from new siblings being born[/url.]

Build mode:

SMOKE DETECTOR CAN BE MOVED UP AND DOWN THE WALL!! BEST NEW FEATURE EVER!!
    Ability to move entire rooms and house
    Wall heights
    Cheat that allows you to change sizes of objects.
    Ability to move windows up and down a wall
    Curved roofs/more dynamic roof options
    Different color roofs on same lot
    The ability to place columns in fences\walls without a cheat
    Topiary bushes
    TVs can be placed on flat surfaces
    Windows can be added to an entire room at once
    Curved fences
    Spandrels
    Friezes
    Roof trim
    Add corbels to your porches
    Add a string course to the top of your exterior walls
    Curved foundations
    Awnings for Roof
    Enhanced foundation options (more looks, different heights, and more!)
    Fences can connect to your house (with a foundation)
    Gardening boxes

Buy mode:

Cupcake making machine
    Rockets
    Chemistry lab for children
    Giant microscope
    Craft table for children
    Monkeybars
    Pirate Ship for Kids

Unfortunately this list is now so large because of all of the features found in Sims 4 that the forum won't let me put it all in a single post. The rest of the features can be found further down this page, or just click the link below to be taken there:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12363829/#Comment_12363829
    edited August 2014
    Quality of life features:

Ability to play multiple households without losing relationships
    Improved pathing. (Sims no longer get stuck when trying to move through narrow spaces.)
    You can delete objects that your sim is currently using
    If you click on the book shelf, there will be categories to choose from, like: Romantic, Emotional, Skill, Children, Humor
    In game gallery
    Search function in Build/buy mode
    Enter build/buy mode from live mode on community lots.
    Ability to share individual rooms, not just homes and Sims
    From "manage worlds" you can go in and build on any lot, regardless of whether or not there is a sim family there in residence
    Mousing over Whims will tell you exactly what caused them to appear
    Auto save feature, WOOT!

Other:

Genetic gardening
    Enhanced bills (more realistic and bigger penalties for not paying them like having water shut off)
    Being able to travel between towns
    Chimneys separate from fireplaces
    Mirrors have a true reflection
    Days have been confirmed to last longer so that you can get more things done in a game day
    Fires can pass through walls
    Capturing memories from screenshots; Sims reminisce and remember how they felt and can recognize Sims in them
    Curtains now move
    Water dripping animation on recently watered plants
    Gardener for public spaces
    Unlockable lots / areas
    The Townie Generator
    FreeRealEstate cheat
    Sims can write an excuse note action to get out of work (and school?)
    12 new rewards
    Lights affect non-active floors
    Beds specifically made for children and teens that carry "Uncomfortable for adults" modifier
    Game will be more mod and CC friendly
    Up to 20 Sims per lot
    Cowplants have life cycles
    Cross-breeding of frogs

Grim has a more in depth character now.

Features that were not in Sims 3 at launch that are now in Sims 4 at launch:

Violins
    VooDoo dolls
    Basketball courts
    Pianos
    Punching bags
    Children sims can play musical instruments
    careers will have extra participation
    Those super-cool 3-D video games
    Grandfather Clocks
    more interactions with babies
    Children interacting with babies
    Ability to customize each radio station individually
    Wedding arches
    Mixology as a base game skill/career.
    Styled rooms (pre-decorated rooms)
    eTablets
    The ability to take selfies
    Cow Plant
    Tattoos
    No launcher required
    Muscle and endowment sliders
    Large windows and doors for different wall heights
    Science skill
    Reading books to children
    Sims can write poetry
    Animated birds and ducks as decoration environment

Items that were removed from the list and the reasoning:

Power outages -- Duplicated. This falls under enhanced bills.
    Open Venues -- There were open venues at the launch of Sims 3.
    Left handed Sims -- This is actually an animation thing and Sims do things with different hands depending on what they are doing. There are no left or right handed Sims in Sims 4...although it would have been awesome if there were.
    The towns look more full thanks to backdrops etc. -- Misleading. Sims 3 didn't need backdrops because it was a true open world, Sims 4 uses backdrops to simulate a true open world.

The following people have helped with sources:

Jdavij20033
    bludhound
    ebuchala
    Aoralys
    Pamhamlet
    I_am_bean
    KitOnlyHuman

And of course a big thank you to everyone who has provided information for this thread! This list exists because Simmers like you are awesome!
    kovu0207 wrote: »
    Don't we already have a thread like this?

This is an accurate list though.
  • BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 637 Member
    I feel like some of these features only matter to certain niches of simmers and despite their absence, not all of us need to be outraged. Regardless to what is or is not in the game, a lot can be improved on.
    BreeSasha wrote: »
    I feel like some of these features only matter to certain niches of simmers and despite their absence, not all of us need to be outraged. Regardless to what is or is not in the game, a lot can be improved on.

I agree. Problem is people see "70 features cut?!" and they automatically assume the worst. While some people may miss the loss of an eyelash length slider there are some people who could care less.
  • stylsimstylsim Posts: 222 Member
    This list is very well done. Thanks for posting. :)
  • AlourraAlourra Posts: 492 Member
    edited August 2014
    JoeWow1003 wrote: »
    --No acne:
    I have read that if acne was in the game then the game would be required to have a higher rating but I couldn't find a source for this so I'm leaving it here.
    Acne was in TS2. I can't imagine why acne would affect a Teen rating, since that is when people usually start developing acne irl, lol. Also, if that were true, then TS2 would have a higher rating as well, but does not.

Teens
    In The Sims 2, some teens will develop acne if their hygiene motive falls too low. This adds a "use acne cream" option when using the mirror and the teen will act frightened when they "gussy up." Notably, if one of a teen's close relatives (such as a parent or sibling) has or once had acne problems, the teen is significantly more likely to get acne too. Acne is not, however, a game mechanic in The Sims 3. Teens can also use gym equipment, and it becomes necessary in order to stay fit.
  • jayisricejayisrice Posts: 194 Member
    No burglars , I like the other list better you left out lots of things.
    @jayisrice
    Something tells me you didn't notice the list is split into multiple posts, as burglars is listed. :wink:
    It hasn't been specifically stated that there are no burglars, only that there are no burglar alarms, so it's just a safe assumption at this point.
    jayisrice wrote: »
    No burglars , I like the other list better you left out lots of things.

Nope, it's in the list here. This is why I say this is an "accurate" list because we have no idea if burglars are in the game or not. Feel free to read the section where I mention burglars.
  • kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    Opinions:

Duplicate information:

--No color wheel:
    This is already covered under no CASt

I just want to point out no CASt and no colourwheel are actually pretty different.

CASt is for changing patterns and the style of clothing / build buy mode objects, this may also include changing the colour.

A colourwheel is used to to simply change the colour, and as well as changing clothing and build buy mode colours, it is often used to change hair and eye colour.

You can have one without the other, and many like the colourwheel but dislike using CASt, so they should really be separate features on the list. :)
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
    kovu0207 wrote: »
    Opinions:

Duplicate information:

--No color wheel:
    This is already covered under no CASt

I just want to point out no CASt and no colourwheel are actually pretty different.

CASt is for changing patterns and the style of clothing / build buy mode objects, this may also include changing the colour.

A colourwheel is used to to simply change the colour, and as well as changing clothing and build buy mode colours, it is often used to change hair and eye colour.

You can have one without the other, and many like the colourwheel but dislike using CASt, so they should really be separate features on the list. :)

Hmm...true enough I suppose.
  • Candyr277Candyr277 Posts: 623 Member
    The problem with threads of this type are that they only ever list what's new or what's out and never both in one thread so an uneducated simmer can see the pros vs. cons in one sitting. They are inflammatory and misleading by design.
    "The great will not be constrained by the small." - BioShock

Unknown.jpeg

• GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited August 2014
    I had to omit sections of your quotes because they are long. So, I did combine some things. However, I wanted to point out some things on your list.
    --Law enforcement, Medical, Business, etc. were removed:
    Sims 4 has different careers; this is not a "missing" features.

Yes, there are some different careers. But it is not inaccurate to say that law enforcement, medical, and business are not in the base game.
    --No open world:
    The world is an "open" world in the sense that you can travel from lot to lot, neighborhood to neighborhood, and even world to world. Even if you wanted to say that doesn't count as an open world it's still misleading to list "no open world" and "loading times." The two kind of go hand in hand.

A loading screen every time you move to a new lot is a closed world.
    --SIGNIFICANTLY smaller "worlds" of <25 lots compared to 125+ lots:
    Sims can travel to different worlds now so the number of lots available to your Sim is much higher.

Each individual world is smaller. That is not inaccurate or misleading. Yes, you can travel, but when you look at the individual world size, it is in fact smaller.
    "Moveobjects is not currently included. They are having some issues at this time, but they are working hard to get it fixed. Free placement cheat is included, and yes, they know it is not the same!"

Sounds very much like they do want the moveobjects cheat in the game and are trying to get it in. This does not mean they won't have it ready by launch.

Moveobjects is not included in the game as of now. That is not inaccurate information. It has been confirmed. Perhaps they do want to get it in by launch, but the fact that it is out is accurate for now.
    Opinions:

--No story progression:
    True there is no story progression however, some players don't actually want story progression. They want to play different Sims and decide who gets married and to whom. To appease both sets of players this really should have been made an option.

--cloths shopping:
    While shopping for clothes does appear to be out a Guru said clothes can be unlocked.

--Fewer user selectable traits per Sim within CAS (additional ones assigned during gameplay):
    Some people might prefer unlocking traits while playing the game.

--No newspapers:
    Every purpose a newspaper serverd has been served by computers since...since I'm pretty sure Sims 1. Newspapers have been obsolete for quite some time now.

How are these things opinions? Fact, there is no story progression. Fact, there is no clothes shopping. Fact, there are fewer user selected traits. Fact, there are no newspapers. If some people would rather unlock traits, or if some people think newspapers are obsolete, that's an opinion. But these things are not in the game. It is not inaccurate to say so.

If you want to make a list about your opinions on the other post, or address things on the list and talk about how you think Sims 4 compensates, then I understand. But, you are not presenting this as your opinion.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
    Candyr277 wrote: »
    The problem with threads of this type are that they only ever list what's new or what's out and never both in one thread so an uneducated simmer can see the pros vs. cons in one sitting. They are inflammatory and misleading by design.

Good point. I'm going to combine my new features thread with this thread. I knew I should have reserved more posts :/
    edited August 2014
    nvm
    Post edited by Alourra on
    edited August 2014
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »
    Yes, there are some different careers. But it is not inaccurate to say that law enforcement, medical, and business are not in the base game.

It's not inaccurate but it's misleading. I've seen a few people thinking there are no careers at all in Sims 4 because of this very entry. Different careers does not mean a "missing" feature.

As I said if you're going to include "loading screens" then it seems redundant to include "no open world" as well.
    Each individual world is smaller. That is not inaccurate or misleading. Yes, you can travel, but when you look at the individual world size, it is in fact smaller.

The individual world might be smaller but the misleading part is saying world's in Sims 3 had 125+ lots and saying world's in Sims 4 have less than 25 lots. You're implying your Sim can ever only visit 25 lots. That's false.
    Moveobjects is not included in the game as of now. That is not inaccurate information. It has been confirmed. Perhaps they do want to get it in by launch, but the fact that it is out is accurate for now.

Not included in the game as of now is not the same as not being included at launch.
    How are these things opinions? Fact, there is no story progression. Fact, there is no clothes shopping. Fact, there are fewer user selected traits. Fact, there are no newspapers. If some people would rather unlock traits, or if some people think newspapers are obsolete, that's an opinion. But these things are not in the game. It is not inaccurate to say so.

They are opinions in the sense that they were either forced upon the player (story progression) when they might not have necessarily wanted the feature or they were replaced by a similar feature (buying clothes instead of unlocking them.) To say clothes shopping is out is a "missing" feature without acknowledge that clothes can be unlocked is misleading.
  • EveniosEvenios Posts: 31 Member
    nice post i think people need to take things in context. sure there are things "Missing" but i think the base game will still be fun. i think people love to gripe but i think the hate needs to stop more so on these forums want to "hate" go on mod the sims not only are the mods allowing post after post bashing the game but they also allowing a 5 + page talk on pirating too which i just find sad the whole point of the sims community is to provide a friendly connection of fans of the games. not to bash a game thats not even out yet.
    Updated thread to include list of new features.

The list of new features are found in posts 3 and 4.
  • SeanT346SeanT346 Posts: 307 Member
    Re: Will Wright. A quick Google would show you that Will Wright is the creator of The Sims and Sim City. He was involved in the development of The Sims and Sims 2 and when he left Maxis, many fans feel it led to a decline in quality. He isn't a premade Sim.

Re: Open World. This is untrue. You know what people mean by open world. In The Sims 3, a whole world was open for your Sims to explore without interruption. In The Sims 4, the world is closed off by non-interactive environments and loading screens. The Sims 4 is a connected world but it's 'openness' is very limited.

Re: Features removed that don't do anything. To repeat, the mantra! IMPROVE, DON'T REMOVE! For many players, the little details are important. I enjoy selecting zodiac signs and would love the ability to customise my Sims' interests and hobbies.

This list is not more "accurate". There's some duplicate, false and rumoured info on the other thread but both are pretty biased.
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited August 2014

It's not inaccurate but it's misleading. I've seen a few people thinking there are no careers at all in Sims 4 because of this very entry. Different careers does not mean a "missing" feature.

As I said if you're going to include "loading screens" then it seems redundant to include "no open world" as well.

The individual world might be smaller but the misleading part is saying world's in Sims 3 had 125+ lots and saying world's in Sims 4 have less than 25 lots. You're implying your Sim can ever only visit 25 lots. That's false.

Not included in the game as of now is not the same as not being included at launch.

They are opinions in the sense that they were either forced upon the player (story progression) when they might not have necessarily wanted the feature or they were replaced by a similar feature (buying clothes instead of unlocking them.) To say clothes shopping is out is a "missing" feature without acknowledge that clothes can be unlocked is misleading.

As to the world size, again, I'd say that it is not misleading to say that the world is smaller. Your response that the worlds are smaller but you can travel is a reasonable example of how the Sims 4 may attempt to compensate for this, and it's something people can consider. But the worlds are indeed smaller than they were in TS3.

Moveobjects is MIA. Maybe they're working on getting it in at launch. But until it's confirmed that it is in, I don't see the problem with it being on the list.

Clothes shopping and unlockable clothing are not the same thing. Clothes shopping is out. In your opinion, unlockable clothing could make up for that, and it's all right for you to think so and to point out that it's possibly an alternative. Same thing goes for fewer traits. But to say that there is no clothes shopping and that there are fewer traits than there were in TS3 is not an opinion. It's confirmed.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    Evenios wrote: »
    nice post i think people need to take things in context. sure there are things "Missing" but i think the base game will still be fun. i think people love to gripe but i think the hate needs to stop more so on these forums want to "hate" go on mod the sims not only are the mods allowing post after post bashing the game but they also allowing a 5 + page talk on pirating too which i just find sad the whole point of the sims community is to provide a friendly connection of fans of the games. not to bash a game thats not even out yet.

The discussion on mod the sims is being very carefully watched by moderators, the same cannot be said for the other sims 4 forum where they are openly allowing the sharing of a torrent for the sims 4 CAS demo

http://sims4forum.com/threads/cracked-the-sims-4-cas-demo.1069/page-7#post-15366
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
    edited August 2014
    SeanT346 wrote: »
    Re: Will Wright. A quick Google would show you that Will Wright is the creator of The Sims and Sim City. He was involved in the development of The Sims and Sims 2 and when he left Maxis, many fans feel it led to a decline in quality. He isn't a premade Sim.

A) I am well aware of who Will Wright is.
    B ) The list I corrected stated he was included in the list because he was a Sim in Sims 2.
    C) Even though he has nothing to do with Sims 4 (or 3 for that matter) this is not a "missing feature."
    Re: Open World. This is untrue. You know what people mean by open world. In The Sims 3, a whole world was open for your Sims to explore without interruption. In The Sims 4, the world is closed off by non-interactive environments and loading screens. The Sims 4 is a connected world but it's 'openness' is very limited.

Again, if we're going to say there are loading screens then it only stands to reason that the world isn't a "true" open world. I have included loading screens on the list.
    Re: Features removed that don't do anything. To repeat, the mantra! IMPROVE, DON'T REMOVE! For many players, the little details are important. I enjoy selecting zodiac signs and would love the ability to customise my Sims' interests and hobbies.

True, they should have improved upon things instead of removing them but are we really going to list these as "missing" features when they either did nothing in the past or their uses have been shifted to other parts of the game?
    This list is not more "accurate". There's some duplicate, false and rumoured info on the other thread but both are pretty biased.

You are more than welcome to make your argument for why you feel something is inaccurate. I've already changed one thing on the original list due to feedback.