Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play and Share continued

Comments

• Options
    LBellLBell Posts: 3,511 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hi all,

I am going to attempt to respond to a few posts while I wait for an advisor on EA live chat as I am facing issues again with this game.

262:

IreneSwift: Nice update and lovely picture. The water looks gorgeous. Great tomb pictures, I love the tombs and the adventures they give. Especially with 2 sims at once.
    Yes that is Wesker in the picture. As I had to completely factory settings my PC I lost all my saves unfortunately, even with a backup something went wrong and it said error. I didn’t install a few expansions (Well just Supernatural and Pets) so perhaps it was not having Supernatural installed that caused the error… oh well. I love my Wesker sim as you can all tell. So I will never part with him, hehe. No no they weren’t in the shower together hehe, they had just been to a University party and got ‘super juiced’ or something so decided to start streaking around the campus haha. It looks like Wesker is saying ‘leave me alone to be naked in peace…’ haha.

MU333: Nice pics, I like that tractor! What does it actually do? Oooh pretty rainbows!

TadOlson: Thanks!

IreneSwift: Yay for sims 2! I also have it but have not installed on this PC yet because of all the problems I’ve had lately with it. So much for a gaming pc, eh? … Haha. Takes me back, I hope they do have a mod similar to relativity because I would love to see more pics of your sims 2 sims!

263:
    Zabeth0: Yes they are streaking indeed, it was at a university party and they were super juiced.

IreneSwift: Is that a money tree I see! How did you get that? I love your story so far, are you planning on them having kids some time soon? I’d love to see them.

Baker9793: Great update, unfortunate for that burglar though! I usually hide my alarms in the bushes right up against a wall haha.

Colorist40: Haha thank you. I agree! Some of the faces and random acts sims do is just crazy/hilarious.

264:

IreneSwift: Wow! I completely agree that scenery is magnificent. What world do you play in?

Turtlest: Hello and welcome. Yes of course. Post away. We love to see new simmers’ share their stories.

QUESTION: Does anyone else have this problem... when I move the camera around every object in the current room reloads again as if it had disappeared when I moved off the objects.. does this make sense? I have never seen this before on my laptop or old PC. I just don't know if it is normal :roll:
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited July 2014
    IreneSwift-Great updates!I love TS2 as much as TS3.I just want others to be able to enjoy UL and hope to do the same myself.
    Zabeth0-That is actually a CC burglar alarm from TSR.
    Baker9793-Great update!You need to get them a burglar alarm and put it outside.
    turtlest-Hi there and welcome!You might want to comment on other posts.Some of us comment on everything and others pick a few.
    LBell-I don't usually have that issue.
    I hope to get into my game even just for a short session.I'll have an update if I get in.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    TadOlson: Okay. Well I seem to have fixed it. I removed NRaas ErrorTrap... I don't even know what that mod did. I did not have errors to begin with, just silly graphic non game breaking problems.

2 pictures.

Wesker was at the university library getting stuck in on revision when a notice popped up saying there was a fire in his dorm room. His room door was locked so he had to be the one to put it out.

2u57sl3.jpg

This was the morning after the fire. Obviously he got up on the wrong side of the bed... that poor lady. :twisted:

2e3xu1y.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited July 2014
    Baker9793 Very cute update! It looks like Jason is making some progress on getting a real house. And getting a wife too. Stoney Falls is a great place for a marriage proposal.

Zabeth0 So, if their aspiration bar is yellow, it's gold? They should be OK, then. But you weren't talking about that? I guess I'll find it eventually.

I saw grilled cheese on the list when I was using the modder to change LTW's. It sure made me wonder.

I know Oleander can purchase scrap. But I'd rather he didn't spend more money on buying scrap than he will get from the inventions he makes from it, as happened with my previous inventor. After they return from France, then he can go to the junkyard.

Colorist40 Yeah, the house was originally on the edge of town, on all sand, but I moved it to there by the river, where it's nice and green.

I'd leave the crocodiles alone too.

I like French toast too, though I never eat it anymore.

Justice has been getting gifts and letters everywhere she goes, almost from the start. It hasn't just been since she got married. I guess she's just irresistible. She got rid of the gifts. I never have them keep them now that they're attached to romantic motives, unless they're single, of course, and the guy that sends them is. When they did the update for Seasons, my sims were getting things in the mail with no explanation. I had them keep some of those, but now that I have Seasons, they're not seeming so harmless anymore.

Let's hope the happiness lasts. Of course it will, I'll make sure of it. And although I would have preferred for them to marry and have children as young adults, it did occur to me that at least there will be no mid-life crisis wishes for divorce or cheating from either of these two.

Oleander wouldn't want Justice to let him win. He knows she has more experience than he does. And he knows that he will get better.

Probably if Justice hadn't stood on the floor switch, the fire would have gone off as soon as either she or Oleander set foot inside that area, so it was probably inevitable that the mummies would have been burned up. At least she and Oleander didn't get burned with them.

Oleander doesn't have enough martial arts skill to meditate. But he won't do it unless he has to anyway, just like Justice.

He didn't actually leave before she did. She used the escape dust right after passing him the relic, so they both left at about the same time.

Those are space rocks. She doesn't pick them up anywhere. You click on the board breaker and tell her what to break, and she grabs it out of thin air and puts it there, just like when they give a baby a bottle.

I tell you what, I don't have any problem leaving my sims 2 sims on high free will. They act a lot more realistically on free will than the sims 3 sims do. Even not knowing from experience what other players were talking about, it sounded good to me, and I was hoping just like you, that they would combine the good things about sims 3 with those good things about sims 2, and make it less demanding on the computer. If they had, I would have bought it, even at the high price they are asking for it. But it seems to me they kept the bad things instead, and added new bad things besides. I hope they get it right with Sims 5, if they even make one.

I'm thinking that maybe that particular adventure might be restricted to sims who already have a higher visa level than he did at that time. It was one that gave really big points too, so I had Justice do the work that he couldn't, and cheated up his visa level with Debug Enabler, to make up for what he should have gotten.

My brother got a chess board as a teen, and was always wanting one of us girls to play with him. I like playing, but then one day, when I was 17 and home with no school and no electricity due to an ice storm, and with a broken left arm (I remember that time very well), I won. For the first time. And the only time. He would never play with me again. And it was his chess board, so I couldn't play with one of my sisters either.

I think their children will be very cute, though that isn't why I chose him for her.

They could have done more than kiss in that tomb. You know they can woohoo in a sarcophagus, right? I am never going to make them do that, though. It just seems way too creepy. But it was a bit of a temptation, when they finished exploring Hatshepsut's temple, to have them woohoo in her bed.

At least I was able to fix the problem with Abu Simbel, and it wasn't too hard. And I'll know what to do to fix any tomb in future adventures. I decided, after I backed up and had her take Oleander, with the way it worked out so well, that I am going to play them together again, only starting as a young married couple, after I install NRaas Traveler mod. Then they are going to move to each country in turn, and stay there until all the exploring is done, then move on to the next. I'm hoping it will eliminate the adventures dropping from their queues, which always happened to her or to Alex when they left the country where they got it, with it in their queue. When they returned to start again where they left off, that's when it dropped out of their queue.

And with them living in the other countries, and not having to go back to a homeworld where they will age, hopefully they will still be young adults when they finish and start having children. And I'm going to rename Oleander. In his original game, he wasn't one of the main characters, so I never found out until now how much of a pain in the neck typing his name out repeatedly would be. I keep accidentally typing Oldeander. LOL!

Yes, he stepped on her toes, even though I gave him level 2 skill in dancing when I put him in the town, hoping he wouldn't. Romeo never once stepped on Rose's toes. But then, Oleander gets performance anxiety after woohoo, thanks to the W mod, and he was getting it as Jonathan Miller too. I had never seen it before him, and I was hoping he wouldn't have it in this game, but he does. So, there must be something about him that makes the game make him like that, even though he is not clumsy.

I know, I have had many sims earn their living from gardening, but I never have them do it as self-employed, after having done that with a couple of sims when I first got Ambitions. It's already unrealistic that they make so much on their produce, but it was beyond ridiculous that they got bonuses and additional increases in their selling price as they advanced through the self-employment levels.

Adventuring is definitely profitable, especially since she has the opportunistic LTR, and the robber's coin, or whatever it's called that she got from the special merchant in China, that helps her find more valuable relics. There's also LTR that she has having to do with getting more valuable relics. If they still needed as much money as they could get, I'd have her collect all relics, and only allow him to pick up ancient coins and money bags, but they're actually rich now, so he gets to pick them up too.

I turned the texture detail in sims 2 to low, but the black squares are still there under them. My son was over today and I showed him, and he said it's probably because sims 2 is older and my graphics card is a lot newer, plus it's high end. The one in my laptop doesn't do the black squares under them, but it doesn't handle the sims 3 as well either. It's a minor issue though. I'll play on my desktop for awhile, then uninstall it there and only play on my laptop.

I enabled ads on the sims 3 store page, and I got 20 free simpoints this afternoon. It was the same video I watched 4 times though. But it took me that long to “get it” anyway. I don't watch TV, so I never see ads like that, and not being used to them, they kind of go over my head.

turtlest Welcome.

LBell Oh, no! I hope you get your computer issues resolved, and can get back to playing, without having any more troubles. I'm so thankful my son is a computer geek who knows what he's doing, and is willing to keep working at whatever problem there is until he finds a solution that works. Thanks to him, I don't have the issues some players have. He's finally gotten them all taken care of for me.

Yes, I'm glad I decided to let Oleander join Justice on her adventures.

Yeah, I think if you make a game with certain EP's, then uninstall one of the EP's you might lose it. But at least you were able to make him again. OK, I don't have UL, so I am totally unfamiliar with what it adds to the game. I ordered it from Amazon last week though, and it's on its way. It might even be here tomorrow, not that I'm going to install it right away. But I will eventually.

For now, I'm using the max motives cheat to tone down their extreme neediness, and it's working well. They have time to do things. I'm having issues with it on my desktop computer though, because of its being older, and my graphics card being newer and more high end. But it's good on my laptop. I'll keep playing it now and then, when I need a bit of a break from my more complicated sims 3 games.

Yes, that is a money tree. Justice collected special seeds at the graveyard, trying to get a life fruit, and one of them turned out to be a money tree seed. She planted it at her home, but when it dropped its seed, she took it with her and planted it in Egypt. After that one drops its seed, she can plant it in France or China, or maybe even back home, depending on how much traveling they will do once the adventures are done and they have children. I'm going to have them have two children, and they'll start trying as soon as they get back home after completing all of the tomb explorations in France.

Their home world is New Sunset Valley, my personal CAW edit of Sunset Valley. I've always hated the way the game puts the community lots from the EP's just wherever there's a vacant lot, with no rhyme or reason, and then I also found out that using the in-game world editor would break the routing and eventually crash a game you used it in, so I took it into CAW, and edited it with all the households still in it, which they told me in the CAW forum that nobody ever does and they didn't think you could do without breaking the game. But it worked. I didn't mess with any of the scenery though, so you'll find that same scenery in Sunset Valley. It's on Redwood Parkway, where the three vacant lots are, just beyond Agnes Crumplebottom's house.

I have never seen that happen with only moving my camera. It seems like your graphics card is not handling the game graphics well.

Oh, I can't play with Error Trap in my game either. It caused more problems than I ever had without it.

Is that lady Wesker is yelling at one of the roommates at his dorm?

TadOlson Thank you. I thought I knew what you were talking about, with saving lots vs. saving the world/game. But when I went back to the game on my laptop and wanted to move my household to a different house, once I moved them, I found out the wife, who had been pregnant, was no longer pregnant after the move. So, I decided to quit without saving anything, not the lot nor the game. But when I opened the town again, they were in the house I had just moved them into without saving. I do not understand that at all.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    IreneSwift: So far they seem okay. Other games play perfectly its just The Sims 3 that causes problems. I just don't know why! I also know a thing or two about PC's as I studied Computing at school, but I find Sims 3 has a lot of coding issues which stands for some of the errors simmers experience, and as mentioned before my graphics card was not 'recognised' by the game, so that could be the reason for some of my silly graphical errors (none of them have ever broken the game, I just visually like nice things. Especially when it comes to my sims! :lol: ) Jackson *real life him* is also a computer technician but he is away this week so can't ask him for help. :lol: Hopefully it is all sorted now as the objects issue seems to have stopped since I removed 2 of NRaas' mods which I didn't use/didn't help.

I am liking their adventures! I love 2 sims working together in the tombs, it is cute in a way as well.

Yeah, I should have thought that out better, but I honestly didn't use Supernatural (apart from Duke - but unfortunately I abandon that household weeks ago so wouldn't use a fairy again or any other supernatural but vampire as that is what Wesker is mainly for his red glowing eyes though.) I like UL but it does get rather repetitive at times, literally go to classes, sleep, eat then go to classes again (that is my perception of the EP anyway, others may be different) It is a nice addition though, and I do not regret buying it! :)

I used to love that cheat in Sims 2! I have issues too, but with mine I can't seem to change resolution and the 'black box shadow' appears but to solve that just turn shadows off. On my laptop, like you, it runs perfectly. Oddly enough. :lol:

I wasn't aware the money trees even existed in the game! You have taught me something new today. :P Hehe. I will be on the look out for those seeds.

Oh I see! Well you did a great job with it as far as I can see. :mrgreen:

Yes she is one of the roommates at the dorm. Most of the dormies tend to argue with each other really early in the sim mornings as soon as they get up. It is rather funny. There has already been 2 fires at the dorm, I am just waiting for a death (as that usually always happens when my sims are at uni!) I just hope this time its not Wesker. :lol:
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    edited July 2014
    Note to self: Servos+Log Rolling=Short Circuit due to falling off the log.
    Also, I met big foot. My first reaction when I saw him: AGH!!!!! He's NAKED!!!

In TS3 I'm doing the homeless teenage mother scenario.
    [Btw I don't support teenage pregnancies. It's just a game and I wanted to try out a new play style. No offense to teen mothers but I think they should enjoy their youth.]
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    LBell-I've got NRaas ErrorTrap installed and haven't had any issues with it in my games.My biggest issue was with the UL protests getting out of control off campus and I have that fixed for Oak Leaf.I'll have to apply my fixes to the rest of my games to get them fixed.
    IreneSiwft-I know that saving in TS2 was for the households and the lot if it was unoccupied.
    AiHaou-Hi there!That sounds interesting.
    Here's my own update from today's testing.
    Here's the UL protest at city hall that started autonomously and involves two wild horses hanging around outside after I changed some settings in Retuner.
    14770945994_83433e7bb3.jpg
    Here's a small update to their local dive bar.
    14770916784_f90357585e.jpg
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited July 2014
    LBell My son says the same thing. Any time I mention some glitch or other to him, he says "bad programming." He doesn't think highly of the sims' programming at all. I do get the smaller issues, glitches, lag, invisible sims, etc., but his efforts have helped me not to have to deal with the game-breaking ones, for which I am thankful. He went through three graphics cards that should have worked for the game, according to the specs, before he found the one for me that actually, finally does. I'm also thankful for NRaas mods that help me fix the ones I do have.

I had no interest in UL for a long time, because I'm not interested in sending my sims to university. But a lot of the content that can be used everywhere in the game is very appealing to me, as are some of the interactions, like the dip kiss, for example. And when I asked about it, in this thread, what someone said about the clothing sounded very appealing to me. I'm always looking for more good clothing options, and am even willing to keep an EP that I don't otherwise use, just for clothing and/or hair that I like.

I don't know if you read what I said to Colorist in my comments, but I am planning on playing Justice and Oleander together again, but starting them out as a young married couple, with NRaas Traveler mod installed. Instead of visiting the vacation worlds, they will live in them, so they can stay put until all of the adventures in each one are finished, then move to the next one. I'm hoping for two things by doing it that way - that the adventures won't drop like they've done when they were in the opportunity queue when she had to go back home, then dropped when she returned to complete them. I'm also hoping that avoiding having to go back to a home world between adventures will allow Justice and Oleander to have children while they are still young adults. I'm going to rename Oleander for that one, though.

Do you know where to find the unknown special seeds? The only world I know well where to find them is Sunset Valley, where they are all around the outside of the graveyard. Your sim has to be at level 7 to plant special seeds, which you probably already know if you've had many gardeners. Money trees work differently than other plants, in that you don't plant the money bags you get from them. Instead, you have to wait for them to drop a seed. They also don't go barren like other plants. As time passes, the quality of the tree improves, and it produces more valuable money bags. Once it reaches perfect quality, it will drop a seed, which you will find on the ground near it. Your sim can plant that seed and get another money tree. If they keep planting the seeds, they can eventually have a lot of money trees, all without ever going and looking for more special seeds at the graveyard.

Colorist told me to turn down textures to get rid of the black square under my sims, but that didn't work. I'll try turning off shadows now that you've mentioned that. Like you, on my desktop computer, I can't change the resolution, so it's stuck at 800x600. But on my laptop, I have 5 choices. I suppose because of the age of the game, it just can't recognize my graphics card, so it treats it as a low end one.

Yeah, I hope you don't lose Wesker again. I have had the game kill off a central character that my game revolved around, and without whom there was no real point in continuing to play that game, and I just exited without saving and started the day over. If I couldn't save them that way, I'd just quit the game and start over.
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    edited July 2014
    IreneSwift wrote:
    LBell My son says the same thing. Any time I mention some glitch or other to him, he says "bad programming." He doesn't think highly of the sims' programming at all. I do get the smaller issues, glitches, lag, invisible sims, etc., but his efforts have helped me not to have to deal with the game-breaking ones, for which I am thankful. He went through three graphics cards that should have worked for the game, according to the specs, before he found the one for me that actually, finally does. I'm also thankful for NRaas mods that help me fix the ones I do have.

I had no interest in UL for a long time, because I'm not interested in sending my sims to university. But a lot of the content that can be used everywhere in the game is very appealing to me, as are some of the interactions, like the dip kiss, for example. And when I asked about it, in this thread, what someone said about the clothing sounded very appealing to me. I'm always looking for more good clothing options, and am even willing to keep an EP that I don't otherwise use, just for clothing and/or hair that I like.

I don't know if you read what I said to Colorist in my comments, but I am planning on playing Justice and Oleander together again, but starting them out as a young married couple, with NRaas Traveler mod installed. Instead of visiting the vacation worlds, they will live in them, so they can stay put until all of the adventures in each one are finished, then move to the next one. I'm hoping for two things by doing it that way - that the adventures won't drop like they've done when they were in the opportunity queue when she had to go back home, then dropped when she returned to complete them. I'm also hoping that avoiding having to go back to a home world between adventures will allow Justice and Oleander to have children while they are still young adults. I'm going to rename Oleander for that one, though.

Do you know where to find the unknown special seeds? The only world I know well where to find them is Sunset Valley, where they are all around the outside of the graveyard. Your sim has to be at level 7 to plant special seeds, which you probably already know if you've had many gardeners. Money trees work differently than other plants, in that you don't plant the money bags you get from them. Instead, you have to wait for them to drop a seed. They also don't go barren like other plants. As time passes, the quality of the tree improves, and it produces more valuable money bags. Once it reaches perfect quality, it will drop a seed, which you will find on the ground near it. Your sim can plant that seed and get another money tree. If they keep planting the seeds, they can eventually have a lot of money trees, all without ever going and looking for more special seeds at the graveyard.

Colorist told me to turn down textures to get rid of the black square under my sims, but that didn't work. I'll try turning off shadows now that you've mentioned that. Like you, on my desktop computer, I can't change the resolution, so it's stuck at 800x600. But on my laptop, I have 5 choices. I suppose because of the age of the game, it just can't recognize my graphics card, so it treats it as a low end one.

Yeah, I hope you don't lose Wesker again. I have had the game kill off a central character that my game revolved around, and without whom there was no real point in continuing to play that game, and I just exited without saving and started the day over. If I couldn't save them that way, I'd just quit the game and start over.

The ressurectonomitron is needed in the sims 3.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    Zabeth0Zabeth0 Posts: 1,337 Member
    edited July 2014
    35it5ys.jpg

Zelda: "So, Twinkle toes, why did you turn down the marshmallows anyway? A warm fire should have been just what the doctor ordered with how long we'd been out?"

Rafael: "Zyelda, I vas tryink to kyeep avay frrom you."

Zelda: "But why? You couldn't have known I was a witch?"

Rafael: "Zyelda, I have povyerrful enyemies. I can't affyorrrd- I dyidn't think I could affyorrd to gyet involft vith anyvone." Now he was involved...there was no getting out of it...surely she could handle it...if not, she still had time to back out, and as much as he wanted to marry her, he could just suffer, he wasn't going to endanger her. But he'd do anything she wanted.

Zelda: "You're a human, how dangerous could they possibly be?" She scoffed, then paused thoughtfully. "Oh. Besides the witches that you don't know."

Rafael: "Vell, I'm not cerrtain zhat Konstantin Petrovich Ovechkin is not a supyerrnaturryal crreyaturre, but he is a hyigh rankink membyer of the Russian Govyernment, and if diplomatyic relations betveen Russia and Simeryica yimprrove then he'll be herrre to kyill me himsyelf. He'll have diplomatyic immunyity evyen if he does it in broad dyaylight. Othyervise, he's villink to pay othyerrrs to do it forrr him. The Hemlocks in Bridgeporrt arre vampyirres. Both of them. I vorrked forr them and they turrned on me."

Zelda: "Really? You have vampires after you and you ran here?" She laughed incredulously. "We might as well have a store that says 'Vampires R Us!'"

Rafael: "The Hyemlocks arrre afrraid of herre, I do not know vhy. Zyelda, plyease tyell me vitches arre immune to vampyirres?"

Zelda: "No, but we don't have to be- they are afraid of us. Witches are the most powerful supernatural beings: we can fix or make all of the others, and thereby tip the balance of power. Vampires especially hate that; they are strictly ranked by who bit who. If I make an elixir, and cure the right vampire in the chain, I can literally destroy the power base of a vampire lord and leave him at the mercy of his enemies, and those enemies have been waiting a long time for such an opening."

smybrk.jpg

Zelda: "So, why do you have crosses tattooed on your hands?"

Rafael: "I vas naif vhen I vas youngyer."

Zelda: "Oh, how cute. Is that why you wear gloves?"

Rafael: "No. Gloves arre forr prrotyection."

Zelda: "Do you have any family?"

Rafael: "No. They arre all dyead." She stared at him for a moment, and he couldn't make out the look- was it pity or annoyance or 'it just figures'? He couldn't tell.

Zelda: "Oh? Well, I guess that'll make this the smallest wedding ever, then. You, me and the witnesses. Who likes crowds, anyway?"

Rafael: "Vitnyesses? Vho vill be therre at this tyime of night?"

Zelda: "There is a place where witches get married...they don't do it in a church. And there are always witnesses because they are consciousnesses bound to objects- they never sleep, they never have to stop seeing or hearing or knowing, and they can't, even if they wanted to. You want to be like that? Because there are some witches who will do that to you if I don't cut them off fast enough."
  • Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    edited July 2014
    @Baker9793: I like your writing style too. Keep it up!
    TadOlson wrote:
    MayaRose1138-I'm glad your game usually behaves and wish mine would behave though I posted about my issue on NRaas.Great update!It seems to be a lot of aging up and getting relationships started.

That's pretty much all it is at the moment, and it's made me decide to try not to have so many sims in a household :) Ten children to skill up and get through is difficult!!!!
    TadOlson wrote:
    MayaRose1138-I have had to reset the pregnancy length to 720 hours and will expect the babies to be born 30 days after a sim becomes pregnant.

I couldn't wait that long for the babies to be born!!
    Zabeth0 wrote:
    Maya: Thanks. Glad it was useful. :D Very good for Garnet. Well, at least they have different styles. :D ...In which case he can skill on skating! :D Boy-girl twins, very nice. Lol- well, each generation has it's own personality in your games, huh? :D Lol- well, Jake's that thin- but he's in pants. It's really creepy when he crosses his legs.

I've discovered that they have a small lake just across the road from them in Dragon Valley so I guess they'll be all going across there when the weather cools down. I'm running out of skills for Prism and Garnet to learn - they've already done most of them so maybe Garnet will also have to learn cooking and Prism will have to learn inventing or sculpting :)

🐸🐸🐸🐸 was always in trousers too so I never really noticed but when I was sorting out his new clothes, I was just so surprised :)

Btw, though I wasn't overly fond of DeeDee, I'm hoping she turns up to rescue Rafael.
    simlish1 wrote:
    Of all the years I've been playing TS3, I've not really played with the Goths. But my sim, being the naughty sim she is, liked the look of him :wink: And so do I!

gjpg.jpg

There's just something about him lol

He's very similar to Johnny Depp in that pic :lol: I wouldn't mind having one of my sims married to him at some point!!
    IreneSwift wrote:
    MayaRose1138 That's why Relativity is a must-have for me now, because my sims had no time do anything but eat, sleep, shower, and work, except on days they didn't work. Now they have time for other things too. I will never go back to playing without it.

If I actually play my game without cheats, I think I'll get that too so that my sims have more time. It sounds like a very smart idea.
    I like Oleander a lot too. I'll probably be using him again sometime.

I don't blame you for wanting to move things along so you can get to the next generation. Normally when my starter sim dies of old age, I consider that game finished. I'm usually feeling ready for a new game before I get to that point.

Everybody's looking good, and it looks like they've all been doing well on their skills.

Everyone is just working on skilling up, though the boys have been romancing their future wives :) I'm ready for the next generation!

Thank you :) All of the children have learnt at least three skills by the time they reach adulthood, maybe more since the school performance glitched and some have spent more time in school than they should have.

I don't know where to start with Oleander and Justice's adventures - there's been a lot of posts :) I'm glad they're able to work together and get things done that Justice wouldn't have been able to do on her own. Their new house looks lovely, and the koi pond adds a nice touch. I wish my sims could make good gardens but for some reason, I just can't get the hang of getting them to tend it. I was going alright with the Glovers but Lucky isn't having a heap of luck yet with his garden so far.
    Colorist40 wrote:
    Those paintings are awesome. I love the Adam and Eve style one lol.

Hey Lucy's painting style is cool. I mean they hang up worse stuff in a museum and call it a masterpiece. I am convinced as bad as I am at painting I could throw a can of paint at a canvas and sell it for thousands lol lol lol.

I know - I'm not an expert at art but some things people call art completely baffle me :)
    Heat you fit your name. You are very hot lol.

He has turned out well, hasn't he? Stay tuned for his romancing in my next update :)
    Aww cute giving his love flowers. Congrats you two may your life together be happy and prosperous.

Crimson sure is in love lol. Congrats as well you two.

Well I won't ask about the red patch, but if you hadn't mentioned it I wouldn't have noticed. Maybe you want us to ask ha ha ha.

Poor Orion those girls being snatched up left and right and in front of him. What is his problem? Maybe need to be more aggressive lol.

I'm sure Orion will find someone but the fact that he was also trying to go after Jellybean, who was going steady with Crimson at that point, didn't do him any favours!
    I don't blame Prism. I would get sick if I had to eat hubby's cooking as well lol.

How could anybody sleep through a party?

Just a heavy sleeper, I guess :lol:
    Kitty you are stunning with that hair.

Looking good Poppy.

Kitty's hair is lovely. I'm so glad at least one of her kids has inherited it. And I'm pleased that Poppy is turning out well.
    Yeah can't hurt to think ahead about babies lol.

Well not being too skinny isn't a bad thing either. It makes Lucky unique along with his hair lol.

Married one day, woo hoo same day, twins next day ha ha ha.

Yep very dominant on the red hair and eyes, although more kids will definitely prove that. Both of the twins are unique and cute.

Everyone in the family is very skinny - I think Garnet is that way and the kids have all inherited his frame. I don't think I set out to make him skinny but I can't remember :)

• Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    edited July 2014
    Small update today. I played a lot on Sunday but when I went to play yesterday, the load-up screen looked more like a streaky painting :) So I had to use my back-up file and lost an hour's gameplay. I'll tell you what bits I lost as I do the update.

Poppy has been alternating between learning the bass and learning the guitar. I think she has the virtuoso trait so learning them is easy for her.
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Heat and Garnet decide to go fishing in their new pond, and bond over fish :)
    screenshot_original.jpg

The next bit was lost. The whole family went to the Renaissance Faire and all the teens had an archery contest.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    L to R: Blaze, Heat, Lucky. Crimson was over at the other archery point.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Jellybean and Poppy look so fierce!

Blaze won again but not by much. He scored 240 overall and Poppy scored 215. Then was Jellybean on 140, Crimson 130, Heat 115, and Lucky 100. Poppy got the highest individual score on basic shot with 150, while Blaze won quick shot and extreme shot with 100 each time. Heat won the challenge shot with 50.

I noticed that while I was concentrating on the archery, all other sims constantly called people on their phones!! I wish there was an option to cancel the phones completely if you're trying to play a period game!! At one point, three sims were talking to Elen, Ruby's daughter, so how she was holding three phones at home I don't know :)

Crimson aged into a young adult. He's decided on a sculpting career and due to his skill, is already at level 5.
    screenshot_original.jpg

Prism got a lot of love letters in the mail at one point, all of them from her sons-in-law! Naturally, she ignored them :) Heat got a love letter too, from classmate Morrigan O'Reilly. So I got Heat to call her over and then changed her clothes to be more fitting for the period.
    screenshot_original.jpg

Here is a little bit from their courtship. The good thing is, she seems to be interested in fishing :)
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

They are now going steady, so that is his future wife sorted out :)

One interesting thing I noted: you can't have romantic actions between young adults and teens but Heat got the option to propose marriage to his teenage sweetheart! How is that possible??

So that's it for the next couple of days. I haven't been on tonight, so I'll probably be on tomorrow and won't get another update until Thursday.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Zabeth0-Great update! Thanks for the gift.It'll look great in Glen Harbor.
    MayaRose1138-I hope the issues aren't because of the save getting corrupted.
    I've got to get my Mod settings adjusted to fix those annoying issues in my other games over the coming week.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Maya: Well, skating is a good one. :D Being that it's only available at certain times, it should be useful for a while. :D Lol...

Not only using their phones, but having a conference call lol. :D Love letters from her sons in law- once again sims love letter system fails to stop family members from being all creepy...yep, best thing to do, ignore it...they wouldn't be that stupid, obviously some forger in town is trying to make trouble. Oh, wow, she's got lovely green eyes and lovely pink hair...and by lovely, I mean the color, of course. :D

TadOlson: Thanks. :D You're welcome. :D
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    edited July 2014
    @IreneSwift I told you wrong about the black squares. Go to that same menu, click on computer and lower shadows. This should work. I looked it up and that is what someone said worked for them. Sorry about that.

This per someone on mod the sims.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    vctehh.jpg

Shrek seeing his father and the what he now knew to be the love of his life locked in a passionate kiss was shocked and deeply hurt. His father had done many dastardly things to him in his life, like signing that contract for him to become king, but that paled in comparison to this betrayal. He didn't trust himself filled with an all consuming rage to stay there. He felt like he could cheerfully choke the life out of both of them with no regrets. He was not a violent man, but this pain was causing him to not think clearly. How could this have happened? His dad never spoke of having an interest in Fiona. It didn't matter that his father thought he hated Fiona, he had made a contract in Shrek's behalf making Fiona his. Even if Shrek's feelings hadn't changed, his father knowing Fiona was promised to him had crossed a line a father never should have.

20l09yu.jpg

2zjj313.jpg

He didn't trust himself with the anger consuming him, so he ran out of the house. Where he was going to go didn't enter his head, he just needed to get away while this murderous rage was consuming him. Out of all the scenarios he could have ever dreamed happening this was the last one he ever would have thought of.

33mmv5d.jpg

Barthus hearing a low growl startled pulled away from Fiona. Seeing Shrek standing there he was filled with fear momentarily at the look of hate and rage on Shrek's face. He couldn't understand why Shrek was so upset. Wasn't he the one who claimed forever hate against Fiona? He also felt a sense of guilt knowing that he should not have allowed his feelings to interfere and muck things up. Before Barthus could say anything Shrek turned and ran. Fiona seeing the look on Shrek's face felt a sense of fear mixed with triumph. It served him right for being so mean to her. She wouldn't have chosen to have Shrek find out this way, but now that it happened she felt it was somehow right. He needed to be taught a lesson and this was a wake up call. Maybe now he would realize that she was not his puppet, and that she was desirable and could have anyone she wanted. Fiona grabbed for Barthus who had started toward the door to go after Shrek.

Fiona: Let him go. He never appreciated me or loved me, but you do. It is his own fault for being such a stubborn, hateful ogre. He doesn't deserve me. Why can't we be married and you be the king? That would make me sooo happy. I want to be happy. Please let him go!

Barthus already starting for the door: Fiona. No. I have to make this right. I have to talk to Shrek.

Fiona desperate and hurt at his cold dismissal of her not understanding it was more disgust at himself than her started to cry.

Barthus walked out the door.

2dsh30m.jpg

Shrek feeling lost and alone realizing there was no place he could go to erase this pain stopped. He was befuddled, angry, and feeling lost. Why should he run away? They were in the wrong, and he should face them. Shrek stood there feeling the anger slowly seeping out of him to be replaced by overwhelming pain. No, he would not lose the anger. Anger he could handle, that fiery dagger of molten liquid pain coursing through his veins was something he didn't know how to cope with.. His father deserved his wrath.

Shrek was about to turn around when he heard his father come onto the porch.

Barthus harshly to cover his shame: Shrek, we need to deal with this.

Shrek stood there silently not giving his dad the satisfaction right now of responding. He needed to think about what he was going to say.

Barthus was hurt at Shrek's silence. He would rather Shrek turn and lay into him. He couldn't stand this cold anger emanating from him.

Barthus: Shrek speak to me. Say something! Please!

Fiona stepped onto the porch. She knew Barthus was upset and wanted to somehow make it better.

2yts96g.jpg

Fiona ignoring Shrek standing there tried to make things better: Barthus, I know that Shrek is upset right now, but you have to realize it isn't because he really cares, but because you took his toy away. He can't stand the thought of not having me, because he knows you want me. He isn't capable of loving or feeling any real emotions outside of possessiveness and anger. You are different. I know you love me and we can be happy together. Please it isn't too late. Talk to the Ogrid's. What is the difference if it is you or Shrek who is king? I will be glad to be your queen.

Barthus knowing he had to discourage Fiona: Look, as much as it hurts you we can't be together. I told you that. A kiss does not mean I want to marry you. I find you attractive, but you aren't the first woman I have found so and kissed. You need to grow up Fiona. Life is not a fairy tale that ends the way you want it to.

Fiona not believing her ears: What are you saying? You kissed me! You wanted to kiss me just as much as I wanted to kiss you. I love you!

Barthus hating himself for being cruel. Well that is your misfortune Fiona.

With that Barthus walked toward Shrek: Look son. She is not worth coming between us. I didn't know you cared. I made a mistake. I promise you that is the first and only kiss that has or will ever pass between us. I love you son.

2ch57ir.jpg

Fiona stunned at what just happened sat down in the rocking chair. Wow just wow. How had things gone so wrong? Hurt she couldn't even cry.

Shrek finally breaking his silence: So you love me? I would at this point rather you hated me. It would hurt less.

With that Shrek turned and walked past his dad. She had betrayed him and he had some things he wanted to say to her.

Barthus stood there at a loss for words hurt and ashamed of himself. He knew that he had been in the wrong, and now he might not ever be able to repair the damage done. This marriage had to take place, and he had to make it happen. Yet he stood there seeing all their futures careening uncontrollably to a bad end, helpless to do anything about it. He really screwed things up this time and knew that if this marriage never took place he would have no one else to blame. He could accept the fact that this would mean his death, but he could not forgive himself for putting Shrek's life on the line and Fiona's as well. No, he would never forgive himself for this, and he just hoped they would kill him first so he would not have to see what would happen to Shrek and Fiona. Yes, he would beg to die first. He knew that would make him a coward and that was ok by him. He didn't deserve it he knew, but that is what he would do.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    I hope to have Anson up by tomorrow. Will let those of you interested know of course.

I am going to come back tonight or tomorrow for comments as I want to get Anson going right now and sim a little bit as well.

Keep the updates coming you guys.

• Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    edited July 2014
    Couple of cheeky ones :wink:

hjhy.jpg

fh.jpg

gfhgf.jpg
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    Baker9793Baker9793 Posts: 185 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hey everyone!

Rivers fam update.
    Previous: Jason proposed to Erin.
    Now:

Jason invited Erin over for dinner to discuss wedding plans.
    Jason: I was thinking on having the wedding on Spooky Day.
    Erin: We are not getting married in costumes, Jason.
    Jason: I know.
    screenshot_original.jpg

It was time for the wedding.
    Me: okay everyone sit down. We need to get this done before it starts raining harder or someone dies.
    Jason clears throat: Erin, it seems appropriate that it is raining today. The rain is like a restart button for the earth and brings clarity. You are the rain to my life. I love you.
    Me: Now Kiss and eat cake.
    screenshot_original.jpgscreenshot_original.jpg

Yay their married now! Whats the first thing they do?
    Erin: Come on Jay. I wanna try a new training method on you.
    Jason: Anything for you babe.
    screenshot_original.jpg

Later that night, they had an intimate evening.
    Jason: I love you Mrs. Rivers
    Erin: I love you to Mr. Rivers.
    screenshot_original.jpg

The next day, Erin made a quick run to the store for some groceries. After shopping she ran outside and got sick.
    Me: Oh! Erin you alright there?
    Erin: I think so. That was weird. I must have eaten something bad.
    Me gives Erin a smirk: Oh yea that HAS to be it.
    screenshot_original.jpg

AT 2am, Erin found out she was pregnant!
    Erin: Ooh! That's why I got sick earlier. Hey Jason, your gonna be a daddy.
    Jason half asleep: OH thanks for the candy dish.
    screenshot_original.jpg

Jason got home from work and started reading the baby book while Erin was working out.
    Jason: Babe! Did you know the stuff that covers the baby's head when she's first born can hold Magical powers?
    Erin: Jason, our kid is not a superhero from your comic books. Also we aren't having a girl.
    Jason: You don't know that!!
    screenshot_original.jpg

Jason while giving her a massage: Babe, You wanna get out on a date before the baby comes?
    Erin: Yea, I've been wanting to go the the Spring Festival.
    screenshot_original.jpg

Once they both get to the festival, they try out the love machine.
    Me: Haha! It says for you guys to get a room.
    screenshot_original.jpg

While dancing.
    Erin: This was a great idea, Jason. Thank you for tonight.
    Jason: Oh we aren't done yet. Wait till we get home.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

They went to sleep only to be woken up by Erin going into labor!
    Erin: Jason! Get your butt up your kid is coming.
    Jason: Hey its both of ours now.
    Erin: Whatever. I didn't get to finish the painting for the nursery!
    Jason: Babe, that's not really important right now.
    screenshot_original.jpgscreenshot_original.jpg

I would like everyone to meet Jason and Erin's son, Justin.
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited July 2014
    :mrgreen:

EEE! My power supply is going to be here tomorrow! Yippie.

Comments!

Colorist40
    Poor Fiona. So Shrek does care about her! :) Bad Shrek's dad for lying to Fiona.

IreneSwift
    Love the updates with your travelers. Awesome garden.

MayaRose1138
    Great update. Your family is so colorful. I love different colored sims. :)

To all: Thank you for letting me read and comment on your stories. They have made me smile during some rough times this year. :)
    :) Smile!

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Puddinroy wrote:
    :mrgreen:

EEE! My power supply is going to be here tomorrow! Yippie.

Comments!

Colorist40
    Poor Fiona. So Shrek does care about her! :) Bad Shrek's dad for lying to Fiona.

IreneSwift
    Love the updates with your travelers. Awesome garden.

MayaRose1138
    Great update. Your family is so colorful. I love different colored sims. :)

To all: Thank you for letting me read and comment on your stories. They have made me smile during some rough times this year. :)

Well we thank you! We appreciate your reading and commenting.

Wow "crickets chirping". It is quiet here today. Come back all lol. Will be back to comment tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    screenshot_original.jpg

This is Joaquin Little. I was looking to start a new game for fun as I do occasionally and after lots of pushing the random button I got this yummy dude. I picked his name from the randomizer. Hubby picked letters of the alphabet and picked a trait based on what letter he picked. Here is his traits dislikes children, excitable, mooch, technophobe, socially awkward all traits I don't usually play or like lol. So this should be interesting.

The only thing I changed on him is I made him a little skinnier and gave him more muscles added the facial hair, and gave him a different hairstyle. Nothing on his face feature wise was changed.

screenshot_original.jpg

Here is a pic without the facial hair. I am not a fan of facial hair although hubby in real life has a mustache and goatee. I don't know how I prefer Joaquin with or without. For now will keep the face fuzz as I call it lol.

• Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited July 2014
    Colorist40 wrote:
    screenshot_original.jpg

This is Joaquin Little. I was looking to start a new game for fun as I do occasionally and after lots of pushing the random button I got this yummy dude. I picked his name from the randomizer. Hubby picked letters of the alphabet and picked a trait based on what letter he picked. Here is his traits dislikes children, excitable, mooch, technophobe, socially awkward all traits I don't usually play or like lol. So this should be interesting.

The only thing I changed on him is I made him a little skinnier and gave him more muscles added the facial hair, and gave him a different hairstyle. Nothing on his face feature wise was changed.

screenshot_original.jpg

Here is a pic without the facial hair. I am not a fan of facial hair although hubby in real life has a mustache and goatee. I don't know how I prefer Joaquin with or without. For now will keep the face fuzz as I call it lol.

Honestly I think he looks better with the beard.
  • Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited July 2014
    An odd post from me today. I spent the day fiddling with sunset valley (adding various venue's I've purchased and moving stuff around). Along with that I built a church, which was kind of an interesting experience as I don't really build outside of slight modifications on houses. But since I did it I thought I would give you all a laugh at my amateur attempt. So here is the brand new Rosewood wedding church in Sunset Valley.

church-5.jpg

church-3.jpg

church-2.jpg

church-1.jpg

Any suggestions on improvements or color changes would be appreciated.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Well, my guest left today. :D Sorry if I'm still a little less on top of it than I really should be. :D

IreneSwift: That's a lovely scenery screenshot. :D While having only one sim to care for is nice and allows you to concentrate, it also limits you to only what that one can get done. :D It can be nice to have two. :D That gardening two places would have taken all day for one! :D Yes, not as fast as the motorcycle, but passenger space. :D Kind of the same balance as in real life, except the trunk space for groceries would enter into it lol. :D Well, investments in the game are a sure bet that pays off often, so they are good things, but I can totally understand prioritizing children. :D That's quite a sizable collection, but yeah, don't sacrifice the koi pond...this would be the thing that would make me build down another level if it were me. :D But then again, few people like iceburg houses with little bits at the top and vast arrays of basement lol. :D It would probably make Justice feel like she had her own tomb to explore under the house....lol. (Well, I've spent the most of my life in winding passages...time to put in a dive well so little Timmy doesn't find my secret stash of cursed sarcophagi.... :D Um, yeah, sorry, I'm being silly! :D Love the Koi pond. :D Oh, poor Oleander, the game just won't let him be smooth. :D

LBell: It's great to see Wesker again. :D He's all like "Fire?! Not this time fire, not this time!" :D

Colorist: I'm surprised Shrek didn't think they planned that- they both knew he was on his way...and they kissed anyway. They might not have wanted him to find out that way, but they certainly should have known better. "because you took his toy away"! Ouch! I bet Barthus is quite shocked by the cold fury when Shrek is usually quite direct and irritable and hot headed.

Very nice. :D Even I think he looks better with the facial hair you put on him, it makes his chin look smaller and is a nice counterbalance to his heavier eyebrows and having not much hair. :D Sometimes playing with the traits you wouldn't otherwise is a fun way to go if you want to see if people with other traits have different options. :D It can be a fun way to get the explorers feel for the game after you've already played it a lot. :D

Baker: Lol - "Before it starts raining harder or someone dies" lol isn't that the truth? :D Large collections of people or parties tend to have things go wrong lol. :D lol- that's not really what's important right now...yeah, but what's important right now is painful to focus on- so the brain is trying to distract you! lol. :D Welcome, baby Justin! :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top