Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    edited July 2014
    I don't have the demo but please fix the lack of eyelashes for the male sims. It just looks strange. And there really is no good reason for them to not have eyelashes. And add a length adjuster to them as well please.

Edit: I would love to give you a more in-depth review if you would consider me for a demo invitation.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited July 2014
    This is what I'm talking about Simguru Hydra.

When you upload a ts3 married couple on the exchange as a household they do this.
    original.jpg

Unless someone specifies if thier household is married it will be hard to know as sibilings can have the same last name.
  • Options
    marystarbrightmarystarbright Posts: 2,859 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hi,
    Yesterday I made a couple of sims and shared them in the gallery. Today though I made two more sims, But when I try to share them I get a message "Server Error: Could not process request".
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited July 2014
    The demo has worked perfectly well for me. No errors or messages to report there.

Is there any way to randomize traits? One of the things I love most about TS3 is randomizing traits. It makes me play the game in ways I wouldn't. Since traits are supposed to have more meaning in this game, I think it would be even more fun to just roll the dice and play the sim I get.
  • Options
    youeatpigyoueatpig Posts: 49 New Member
    edited July 2014
    The new stuff is great, the removed stuff sucks. The Sims is about creativity, yet there is not a way to customize clothing colors or patters how we want.

Color Wheel - terrible terrible decision not to include

Create a Pattern for clothing - should be included in some way also. Lots of stuff doesn't match right.

Hair
    I found a huge problem with hair, other than the lack of full customization of the color. If the Sims are created by push and pull, why did no one think to implement the same thing so that hair could be fully customizable, hair for males has always been lackluster. I wanted to be able to pull to make the hair longer, change the part around, but there is no such option, if this is not going to be implemented, please add a more dynamic range of hair for males and females, but a fully customizable hair color option is a must.
    Also why is all hair the same color, why, if I make hair pink, do the eyebrows need to change as well?

Why three traits? You guys really need to learn not to cut back on major things, especially in a franchise like this.

Relationships could use some work. A girlfriend/boyfriend option would be nice and in the portrait these relationships should affect the picture.

Lastly the description box has very little room to actual put some history to the household.

COLOR WHEEL COLOR WHEEL COLOR WHEEL
  • Options
    1paddywaddy1paddywaddy Posts: 198 Member
    edited July 2014
    I don't have the demo but looking at other peoples videos I just think the new graphics are fantastic, I just love how you can push and pull your sims how you want them to be, trust me, im not that good at making faces, so the new tools are a dream come true for me. Secondly, I think the fact that you can wear a hat on any hair you want is just spectacular, Im loving the new hairstyles by the way. I really don't mind weather there is a colour wheel or Create a style, as long as the colour choices and patterns are well varied, it doesn't matter that much to me. I also like how the traits work, 3 traits may seem a little too little, but with the extra trait added by the aspirations im sure it won't make much of a difference, I should hope, I do like my sims to have varied personalities. Finally, I like how you can upload and download sims from in-game as well, that should make life a bit easier. To sum it all up, I just love the new CAS and I think the creators have done an amazing jobs, im loving the new genetics features as well, I cant wait till the demo is available and I am looking forwards to testing it for myself and posting even more feedback to help the sims 4 team make the sims 4 even cooler than it already is.

Oh, and good luck to everybody who is hoping they'll get the demo early via invitation, I, myself is one of those people, :mrgreen:.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I too would love to see the opacity feature added back if yall can do that before the game.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Hi,
    Yesterday I made a couple of sims and shared them in the gallery. Today though I made two more sims, But when I try to share them I get a message "Server Error: Could not process request".

It sounds like the server was down. That will probebly be fixed asap. The exchange servers drop a lot too. I wouldn't worry.
  • Options
    1paddywaddy1paddywaddy Posts: 198 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hi,

It sounds like the server was down. That will probebly be fixed asap. The exchange servers drop a lot too. I wouldn't worry.

Its very likely that the servers where down, I did read somewhere that as a result of the sims 4 demo they will be doing a lot more maintenance work on the sims 3 site, that's probably why.
  • Options
    Willow_HeartWillow_Heart Posts: 2
    edited July 2014
    I wasn't expecting an email letting me try out the demo but I'm really glad. I've played the sims since it's beginning and I collect all the games. So I'm excited for sims 4! Hoping it will have the little things other generations have missed.
    The create a sim is better than I thought it'd be, still haven't quite got the hang of shaping certain aspects (the nose is tricky), but I am sad that there isn't a tone slider for the body. I loved that because really you don't have to be huge and muscly to be toned and I think it's definitely needed. The ability to change colours and opacity is sorely missed, changing clothes and hair colour. Definitely to opacity of makeup and the length of eyelashes. Besides that I think there needs to be more male hair, the choices are alright but I always have a hard time finding something for guys.
    The things I loved had to be changing the body! I was hoping for height but the ability to not have such a stock standard frame was amazing, it felt like my sims were more unique and the push and pull was really good. It was good to see just how much you could change.
  • Options
    Willow_HeartWillow_Heart Posts: 2
    edited July 2014
    Also nice to see more long hair styles, hoping they get longer! Definitely need more traits, emotions I don't think is enough to make up for it.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited July 2014
    Please add a preset Mine tab to the Gallery page, just like what we have on the My Library page. It would save a lot of time. Otherwise, I have to filter the Gallery using my Origin ID. It's a pain. Thanks!
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thank you for the opportunity to test the CAS Demo. I was actually surprised to get the email which is a first in my 14+ years of playing this game. :mrgreen:

33w9stj.jpg

Current Specs

NOTEBOOK: MSI MS1762 (System Model: GT70 0NC series) Gaming Notebook 17.3" FHD LED-Backlit 1920x1080 16:9 Display
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM Mobile Processor 2.40 GHz (8 CPUs) 6M Smart Cache, Max Turbo Freq. 3.40 GHz
    MEMORY: 16GB (4GBx4) DDR3-1600 SODIMM Memory (Corsair Vengeance Gaming)
    HDD1: 750GB 7200RPM SATA300 Hard Drive
    HDD2: 750GB My Passport External Hard Drive
    VIDEO1: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 (For everyday use)
    VIDEO2: NVIDIA GTX 675M 2GB (For gaming)

33w9stj.jpg

Positives

I like that you can push/pull the sims to create them. That is an improvement over how to create sims in TS3. There is a learning curve but the more I use it the easier it becomes. It just takes some getting used to.

I like the variety of skin tones and ethnicity.

I like that hats aren't attached to a particular hair (no matter how much I hate the hair).

The different walks are a plus but I myself would only ever use three of them.

I also like the fact that I can save my household to My Library and if I need to make changes I can do so before I place them in the Gallery. I found myself doing this a lot.

Randomize sims selection is better than before.

Negatives

First let me say "I miss CASt"! I never had an issues with it loading and I own everything. I'm extremely OCD'ish and the look of everything had to be just so or it doesn't appeal to me. I like textures and patterns of "my choosing" and not what ya'll think looks good. I really wish there was a way to pick our own color palette.

Presets... Not a fan of them. However, I realize this is just the demo so hopefully there will be more to choose from in the actual game. I had a hard time in CAS because of this because I'd find an item I did like (i.e. in black) then I couldn't find a shirt that would match (i.e. a different shade of black). Even when using the filter on clothes (i.e. blue) depending on what you have set as blue all the items will not show. My version of blue might be purple based on how you have it set and won't show. All of this to me is very frustrating.

Another thing is makeup, specifically on dark skin-tones. This is the same issue I had in TS2 brought back and it's a nightmare. Reminds me of the 60's/70's when there were no options for African Americans when it came to makeup and hair care products. The preset options available limit what can be used on a darker skinned sim and then females end up looking like clowns. There are plenty of examples of this in the Gallery. I find myself using the same selections over and over and over again. I would also like to set hair and makeup once. I didn't like the fact that I had to set it on every outfit, it became tedious.

Eyelashes? Ewwwwwww!

Jewelry needs to be available in both gold/silver then the color. I hate when I go to accessorize and the last piece isn't available in the base color I needs. It throws the entire outfit off. I also don't like that earrings for both ears are available for males. I would like the option to place the piercing in either the left or right ear.

Some items of clothes appear to look like they are bleeding/look shredded and or frayed. This was an issue in TS2 as well.

If you have time to sit and watch me struggle creating my simself (which I'm still not satisfied with), you're more than welcome to sit through 1:33 minute of video (unedited) on my YouTube channel here.

All of the above has me leery of build mode.

33w9stj.jpg

Overall I'm okay with the CAS Demo but it hasn't made me change my mind about pre-ordering, so I'm still on the fence. I need to see way more than this to make me change my mind (i.e. actual gameplay). I'm still looking for that "Wow Factor".

Note: I've also snooped around in the the GraphicsCards.sgr and GraphicsRules.sgr files. Turns out the Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 (integrated) isn't even on the list. You've somehow missed it and that is a widely used integrated card. Since it's not on the list the graphics were automatically set to low. Strange all the other Intel cards (even older) were there.

This needed to be added to the list.

I've since gone into the NCP and assigned the dedicated gaming graphics. As well as set the resolution to 1080p and the below.

2j5hzqr.jpg

33w9stj.jpg

Some of my creations in the Gallery.

Brandi and Skip Broke.
    2l900v9.jpg

Brandi and Skip from TS2 days then.
    Brandi_Broke.pngSkip_Broke_%28Pleasantview%29.jpg

My version of them now.
    TS4CAS2014-07-1414-39-32-43_zps4df850c9.png

TS4CAS2014-07-1414-48-38-89_zps21d68e3a.png

Here's my attempt at Pharrell Williams.
    [img]http://oi60.tinypic.com/414c0.jpg "width=640" "height=230"[/img]
    [img]http://oi57.tinypic.com/mi31mr.jpg "width=640" "height=261"[/img]

TS4CAS2014-07-1322-15-11-77_zps82d74922.png

Second attempt at a version of my simself. Note: I liked this version better.
    TS4CAS2014-07-1319-21-00-35_zps126b256b.png

First attempt at a version of my simself.
    TS4CAS2014-07-1318-45-25-53_zpsb77621d9.png

And finally today's creation - Maria DeLaChic. I really like her she turned out well.

TS4CAS2014-07-1512-00-38-60_zpsa0194600.png

FYI ~ I am uploading all my screenshots to a Photobucket album for TS4 located here.

I hope you all enjoy my creations!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    jgizmo22jgizmo22 Posts: 245 Member
    edited July 2014
    I have some feedback. Please add the take picture feature we have in ts3 cars to ts4 so we can take pics with the cas button in ts4 rather then having to use prt screen.

Also some other things I've noticed.

There is no way to set the relationship to boy/girlfriend/fiancie. Please add that to the game thru a patch.

When you make a married couple they no longer wrap their arms around each other when you upload them. They could be brother and sister for all we know.

You make a great point! Having the Demo has been great but reading your post your completely right. I dont know if that is something because where it is only a demo and didnt give us everything, as they said that would happen? Because after making my sim self I had to make my fiance and myself married already when we arent. I would myself like an option for boyfriend/girl friend/fiance.. I also think we need more color options but again that comes with being a "demo" and you dont get everything until the full release. But these are great points! Kudos!

Also something else I noticed with the Demo, not everything shows up as Uploaded to the gallery even though it has been? you can upload a family to the gallery, and have it in the showcase, but then a short time later is dropped from the showcase but it is still in the gallery for everyone to download? has anyone else noticed this problem??
  • Options
    tinydancer80tinydancer80 Posts: 282 Member
    edited July 2014
    I see there are cleft chins (according to the demo shots people are uploading), PLEASE add dimples as well! Thanks :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited July 2014
    Just wanted to say thanks for the new early access sign up thing for the CAS demo. It's much appreciated.

Fingers crossed that I get picked soon. :)
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    edited July 2014
    One small request I'd like to make. Can you allow us to lengthen or shorten a sim's mouth? Some people have wider mouths than others, but I'm not able to grab the corner of my sim's mouth and pull it to lengthen or shorten it, so I'm assuming it's not an option.

EDIT: Two other small requests/questions. Is there a way to get rid of the cleft chin/divet in the chin? If not, can that option be enabled. Same with the crease on the upper lip. I'd like to be able to soften that as well. Thanks.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    simlifestyle17simlifestyle17 Posts: 3
    edited July 2014
    1. Another suggestion! Create a height bar for the sims! I'm fairly certain that the majority of players do not like the fact that teens, young adults, adults, and elders are all the same height. Being able to change the height of the sims would make an amazing improvement in the game! It could be set right next to the weight and muscle bar.

2. Another addition related would be to change the lengths of torsos, necks, and limbs. :D

3. Lastly, could there be more than just three traits? It's hard to make the personality I'd want with just three. It was hard enough with just five. And more aspirations, what is there is pretty good. But I'd like a wider range. Hopefully more will be added either to the base game and/or expansions! :D

-Simlifestyle17
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited July 2014
    Wilderwolf wrote:
    One small request I'd like to make. Can you allow us to lengthen or shorten a sim's mouth? Some people have wider mouths than others, but I'm not able to grab the corner of my sim's mouth and pull it to lengthen or shorten it, so I'm assuming it's not an option.

Don't grab the corner of the mouth, grab the center and slide your mouse back and forth sideways to widen or shorten the mouth. :)
  • Options
    renzillarenzilla Posts: 725 Member
    edited July 2014
    When you make a household and are playing with genes, you can only do that for brother/sister or twin. Will that also be possible for children?

Good question, but I don't see why it wouldn't be enabled. In any case, once the game is out, we can age them up, make the sibling or twin, and then age them both down.
    youeatpig wrote:
    Also why is all hair the same color, why, if I make hair pink, do the eyebrows need to change as well?

That is not obligatory. You can click directly on the eyebrows and a box of presets and color choices will pop up, allowing you to have eyebrows that are a different color from your hair.

On another note, the Sim Gurus have tirelessly confirmed that CASt will not be added to the base game and Sim Guru Graham confirmed that CASt is the type of feature that cannot be added through patches or expansion packs, so don't get your hopes up over it coming back.
  • Options
    TaylorVenerableTaylorVenerable Posts: 6 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I've been loving the demo so far. I don't know if there were any options for this that I was missing, or if this was discussed already, but I'm not sure if you can have it so make-up or certain hairstyles will span across all outfits or some. Other than that, I found it really easy to manipulate everything to edit it how I wanted. Me and my friend tried it out, and we both agreed it was fairly easier to edit the sims. I can't wait to put my sims out into the Sims 4 worlds~ :D
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited July 2014
    Your sims are really pretty! Especially since it sounds like you were limited on what you could do.
  • Options
    TaylorVenerableTaylorVenerable Posts: 6 New Member
    edited July 2014
    -When you make a household and are playing with genes, you can only do that for brother/sister or twin. Will that also be possible for children?

I thought this was because you can only make young adults in the demo? They said you can make parents and such as well.
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited July 2014
    youeatpig wrote:

Not sure if anyone responded to this but when you have the eyebrow presets visible, the color options are at the top and above the colors is a small checkbox with note that says something like Match Hair Color (or something similar). It's checked by default. If you uncheck it, you can make your eyebrows a different color from your hair.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited July 2014
    Wilderwolf wrote:

EDIT: Two other small requests/questions. Is there a way to get rid of the cleft chin/divet in the chin? If not, can that option be enabled. Same with the crease on the upper lip. I'd like to be able to soften that as well. Thanks.

You should be able to do the mouth while in regular edit mode (not detail). Face on view and grab the middle [someone responded earlier and put the correct instructions] of the mouth and you should be able to widen or shorten the width of the mouth. You can make it turn up or down at the ends by grabbing the ends and sliding up or down. Keep in mind that some presets won't have much room to move so you might have to try a different preset.

ETA:As for the cleft chin, I believe you can only get rid of it by using a different preset chin. You can widen or narrow the chin width, which would do the same to the cleft, if that's what you want.

The philtrum can only be widened or narrowed right now by going into detail mode and widening or narrowing the cupid's bow (on the upper lip) but the upper part of the philtrum that meets the nostrils doesn't really change.

Maybe those suggestions will help for a workaround right now and in case they don't change them on the full game.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper