Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Achievement/Badge Thread (SIMGURU please read!!!)

Comments

• heathermioneheathermione Posts: 151 Member
    edited March 2014
    @nelliekitten

I don't have the badge yet, but I was working on the science skill challenges and just held on to the 100+ test tubes I collected while analyzing stuff during the "Free Range Scientist" challenge. Basically, I went from making almost nothing while correlating data to making several hundred simoleons each time. (Plus the skill challenge reduces the time you have to wait until going back and correlating more data).

I analyzed at least 20 or so samples from each category (insect, plant, mineral, fish). Altogether I probably had around 125 test tubes just carried in my inventory. I didn't actually collect any DNA with that Sim, but I suspect it would boost things even more. I made about $5,000 in just a couple of weeks of correlating data once or twice per day.

If you're actually attending University as a science/medicine major you can fit in an entire correlating session in between classes since most of your classes are all in the science building. I'm fairly sure it even boosts your academic performance too.

Also, making the meteor shower on the science experiment was a great place to get gems, metals and space rocks to end up all in one spot in order to analyze a whole bunch without a lot of effort.
  • TenderWolfTenderWolf Posts: 1,277 Member
    edited March 2014
    That science experiment meteor shower was awesome! I got so many other badges thanks to it! :)

I just checked my list again; after my current story, there are a few more I can probably work on. Hooray!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • knt1229knt1229 Posts: 2,227 Member
    edited March 2014
    TenderWolf wrote:
    knt1229 wrote:
    My game has been awarding me with badges that I have already earned and are already listed as earned on my My Badges page.

Is anyone else having this problem?

I've had that happen a few times. Sometimes it's after an update when the site thinks the account has been wiped out, even though it hasn't. I know it happens to me when I get on a new computer, but that's because it wasn't previously earned on that computer.

But yeah, it shouldn't be anything to worry about. :)

Calvin, knt is right - unfortunately sometimes a save corrupts itself to where badges don't properly trigger, no matter how many times you've done what's required. Sometimes a certain Sim gets bugged as well with the same result. I suggest starting a new saved game with a new household. Good luck!

You have solved the mystery for me. I got a new laptop, so, that is probably why the game is awarding me with badges I have already earned.

Thanks!
  • LEK2129LEK2129 Posts: 109 New Member
    edited March 2014
    I didn't get the 200 perfect meal badge. :cry: It's a platinum badge too!
  • BlazeSuperiorBlazeSuperior Posts: 17 New Member
    edited April 2014
    After adding expansions when I try to play with my registered account it only says I have a total of 89 achievements I can complete but when I play with my unregistered account it gives me all the achievements.

I have completed some achievements with my registered account which I am not getting a badge for in my unregistered account even though I've completed it multiple times!! (make sim have 30 grandkids).

How can I get my registered account to list all the achievements?? This issue has persisted for over a year which is why I stopped playing but now I decided to get back into it (who knows, may an update would have fixed this problem) but it still persists.
  • xpaintitblack7xxpaintitblack7x Posts: 1,688 Member
    edited May 2014
    Had my sim arrested a few times and the crime never pays badge won't trigger
  • RenateDRenateD Posts: 34 Member
    edited May 2014
    I also wrote this in the old thread, since that one had more recent replies and questions. But I thought it might be easier to find if I wrote it here too:

Hi,

To anyone who has less possible achievement badges in the game than on My Page. I believe I have found the solution! It works for me at least...

In game I had a possible total badges of only 112, while on the site on My Page I could get over 250 badges. Why were they not showing in game?

In my experience it has to do with the file ChallengeData.package, which you find in the same folder as PassportData.package and for me that is: My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads\7499814502843702620

Of course, this could be another number for other people, I don't know. For me, in the folder The Sims 3\Downloads there are 2 folders with a (large) number and they both have a file named ChallengeData.package. One folder for me starts with a 7 and one with a 4. The one with the 7 also contained PassportData.package and that was the correct folder for me. So I changed ChallengeData.package in the folder that also has PassportData.package in it.

How to change it then?
    I found out that the problem was that the file didn't get updated. This is was I did to fix it:
    1. Rename your "The Sims 3" folder, so that when you start the game a new folder will automatically be regenerated, meanwhile keeping your data in the renamed folder.
    2. Start the game
    3. Start up any new game, choose a family and play for a few seconds or so.
    4. Now you should get a message in the top right corner of your screen like "there are new Achievements (or Badges) available".
    5. Check your achievement badges in your profile in game. For me, now I finally had a total of 265 possible badges, instead of only 112.
    6. Don't think you have to save the game after this, because the file is updated and seems not related with a save, but I saved the game just to be sure.
    7. close the game
    8. Make an extra copy of your original The Sims 3 folder, just to be sure you don't loose anything.
    8. from the current (newest)The Sims 3 folder, copy the file The Sims3\Downloads\74998114.........\ChallengeData.package to your original The Sims 3 folder and replace the old ChallengeData.package file. (Make sure you're in the correct folder!)
    For me, the new ChallengeData.package file was over twice as big as the original one, which makes sense since I had a total of 112 before and now 265.
    9. This is it. You can change the name of your newest The Sims 3 folder to for example "The Sims 3 test" or you can delete it.
    10. Change back the name of your original The Sims 3 folder
    11. Play and enjoy.

Note: The file PassportData.package contains your SimPort progress, so leave that one alone.
    I believe that the other file ChallengeData.package (in the other folder with a big number that started with a 4... for me and didn't contain another file) is the current progress of your Achievements - so Achievements/Badges in progress actually. So that contains how much you have done/have to do to get a badge.

I really hope this works for you too! :)

Renate
  • PrincessNellyStarPrincessNellyStar Posts: 17 New Member
    edited May 2014
    jwghost wrote:
    I absolutely adore this thread, glad this are back! Now I'm trying to get the gnomes badge, buying those from the stands didn't triggered it. :$
    and the Gratified Gifter too.

-
    ok, got the gnomes badge today, now I only need the Crime Never Pays and Gratified Gifter, I already did the Gratified Gifter 6 times or more, Crime Never Pays I'm trying a lot, it's impossible to get arrested on level 6 DDDD:

Trying making another sim, and use the cheat testingcheatsenabled on, click the mailbox holding the shift key, and set the career to that. Than don't do any of the skills, and see if your sim gets arrested.
  • RaenriRaenri Posts: 2 New Member
    edited May 2014
    RenateD wrote:
    Note: The file PassportData.package contains your SimPort progress, so leave that one alone.
    I believe that the other file ChallengeData.package (in the other folder with a big number that started with a 4... for me and didn't contain another file) is the current progress of your Achievements - so Achievements/Badges in progress actually. So that contains how much you have done/have to do to get a badge.

Renate

Oh my God! Thank you so muuuuch! :thumbup:
    I was frustrated that I only have 7 achievements to complete. LOL
  • ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    edited June 2014
    RenateD wrote:
    I also wrote this in the old thread, since that one had more recent replies and questions. But I thought it might be easier to find if I wrote it here too:

Hi,

To anyone who has less possible achievement badges in the game than on My Page. I believe I have found the solution! It works for me at least...

Renate

Hooray! My Challenge Data jumped from 33 KB to 177 KB - hopefully that will grant me more than the 63 badges I've already got! Thanks a lot for this post.
  • mzprettylaydeemzprettylaydee Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    For some reason, with the collectable badges I collected 5 seeds but got no badge.. can anyone help?
  • PuddinsPetPuddinsPet Posts: 112 Member
    edited July 2014
    hi all, i was wondering if anyone had any tips on the 10 to the 4th Simoleons – Earn 10,000 simoleons by correlating scientific data badge. my sim so far has nearly 4000 but it seems to taking ages just wondered if there was any way to make it go quicker.
    I just finished that one. It takes patience but working at the science station or chem lab table seem to help increase the amount you receive at the science lab. In my game it was nearly 9 game weeks of stalking the lab and experiments :lol:
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    edited July 2014
    Ok so I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the correct place! But is anyone else having an issues with changing out there badges on there My Page. I go to click mine and it want let me, doesn't matter which one I click it want change! I was wondering if anyone could shine some light on this? Thanks in advance!
  • TheKorgiTheKorgi Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    Can I have some help?

Since I own Sims 3 on the PC I rely on the in game achievements for progress. Now I have the Pets dlc and am getting the university, but the game wont update the achievements list, it still says I have the base 70. Any solution?
  • AMofOzAMofOz Posts: 856 Member
    I can't seem to get the "Something to Write About - Have your Epitaph Writer Sim get mauled by a bear." Achievement to trigger off. I am playing in Roaring Heights, so I'm not sure if their Mausoleum is just not connecting to the achievement or something?
    -Ann Maree (AM for short)
    Feel free to add me on The Sims 3 MyPage.
    I now own the store! (apart from avatars and badges)
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    AMofOz wrote: »
    I can't seem to get the "Something to Write About - Have your Epitaph Writer Sim get mauled by a bear." Achievement to trigger off. I am playing in Roaring Heights, so I'm not sure if their Mausoleum is just not connecting to the achievement or something?

I don't know if that works or not. I've found there are a few of the badges that don't trigger the achievement. I tend to just move on and try the next one if I don't get the achievement. But there might be a trick to it as well.
  • Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited May 2016
    @khynnea
    Not sure if someone answered your post, but I can help a little (I think)

khynnea wrote: »
    Any help or tips appreciated on the following achievements. Already tried these multiple times most of them, 'clean' game folders/installs, done them with empty download folders (minus my game data folders etc).

1) Who Keeps Sending These (10 message in a bottle)
    3 different characters. No achievement triggered. Any trick to this? I've gotten anywhere from 10-30 bottles on the characters. Watched the scuba skill tally carefully. Sometimes some bottles count, on a fresh install it seems most all do but still occasionally one won't. I can only figure the achievement isn't tied to this tally so ... how do I know when to stop.

That one is especially painful, but I found out how, even if I'm yet from having it. First of all, its description is grossly incomplete. Those bottles have to be found underwater. Ashore? Doesn't count. A bottle with a piece of map? Doesn't count. The extremely rare bottle with a special map? Doesn't count. Only bottles found on the ocean floor count. Good news: if you open your skill journal, click on the "Diving" tab, you'll see how many valid bottles your sim have found.

Forget this part, that was not relevant to the achievement. Apparently, this achievement has been known to be bugged for quite some time time (over 2 years)
    2) Born Explorer (5 uncharted islands)
    Completely explored the map, got all islands, no achievement. Starting over, but this one is long.

I think this one is mislabeled like the "Silver student" one. I think you need to fulfill the lifewish requiring you to find all island.

I got the badge. I was wrong... There is some sort of incompatibility with another expansion. Run the game with only Island Paradise enabled. Preferably with a single sim household. That's how I got it.
    3) Opportunist (30 opportunities)
    Of course this is a bit absurd. Started playing again after a several month break and see this one added (retroactively?), I made it a point to do tons and TONS of opportunities. Does it have to be all one character? All distinct opportunities? If you go to university or world adventures does it reset it and not count?

Got it, but I did not pay attention to it, so I cant really help you any further...
    4) 6 degrees on one sim
    Do you have to get these the 'slow' way via university and not spend lifetime happiness on any? If you get honorary degrees, does the 6th just have to be 'real' or do all of them? If you don't get a diploma because of the lag getting into the gym to graduate, does it glitch?

Got that one. Save. Take an elder who's got tons of Happiness points. Buy/Craft a wish enhancing potion. Drink it. "Buy" an University diploma as a reward. Most likely, your sim will wish to have more diplomas. Accept the wish, and buy more. Once you got the 6th one, you'll cash in the achievement, that's how I did it. Then, feel free to save or reload.
    5) Gratified Gifter
    I've read that the gifts have to be something your sim has crafted (eg, alchemy pots) rather than the freebie gifts. True? I've read that you have to gift to 30 distinct friends, is this so? Also, the same sim has to do the gifting and from the same saved game? So basically I'm looking at making a supernatural game, leveling alchemy, and just gifting from there? I've tried doing this SO many times now I really would like to just finish it off and not have to keep suffering over it.

Got it. Have a friend. Spam him/her daily with gifts (5 a day). After couple days, you'll get it. I only used the freebie, and spammed a single friend while always playing the same family.
    Post edited by Lexers615 on
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    AMofOz wrote: »

Me neither, so I'm about to start a 1 Workoholic Sim game in Sunset Valley to try getting it in their graveyard.
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    @AMofOz Got it... Looks like, when exploring the Mausoleum, there are couple outcome (at least 4 of them) when your sim get's mauled by Bears/Zombie Bears, but only one of them triggers the achievement.

My suggestion: "Testingcheatsenabled true" plus exploring the mausoleum at night. When your sim runs into a bear which is not the right one granting the achievement, kill the moodlet, and return in.
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • FiaFlynn1392FiaFlynn1392 Posts: 8 New Member
    > @cllevett said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You don't need all As. You just need all 6 degrees on one student. I'd try it again. Maybe have gotten glitched.
    >
    > On a side note I'm finally giving up on the 30 grandchildren. I've tried this one 3 times and it doesn't take. Screenshot proven. This was a 100% new world saved just for this badge. Never changed households. *shrug*
    >

I did the 30 grandchildren badge. It doesn't unlock as soon as you get 30 grandchildren. I used the adopted feature I adopted five kids and they adopted six kids. The badge activated when I adopted my sixth kid (not grandkid)
  • MynorisMynoris Posts: 47 New Member
    [quote="nap06c;c-10852036"]I got A Novel Way to Play but I only had to write about 10 more books. I made sure they were not comic books and it unlocked. I guess maybe the comic books counted because the majority of the books my Sims wrote were still comic books. Still working on the 200 perfect meals one.[/quote]

I know this is late, and I don't know if people still play this, but does anyone know if non-fiction books count as novels.
    Mynoris wrote: »
    nap06c wrote: »
    I got A Novel Way to Play but I only had to write about 10 more books. I made sure they were not comic books and it unlocked. I guess maybe the comic books counted because the majority of the books my Sims wrote were still comic books. Still working on the 200 perfect meals one.

I know this is late, and I don't know if people still play this

Many of us still do, and Im into nostalgiaware, and I still play Master of Orion ][, so I guess I'll still be playing TS3 10 years from now...
    Mynoris wrote: »
    does anyone know if non-fiction books count as novels.

They do... And as fiction and non fiction are the smaller books hence the faster to write, they are the best way to unlock the achiavement... Be careful about the specialist writer challenge though, as it might take you forever to outnumber them with moneymakers...

My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • HALEYILMAZHALEYILMAZ Posts: 6 New Member
    who keeps sending these badge
    how will I do
    @HALEYILMAZ Visite the link i provided...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg