Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play and Share continued

Comments

• Zabeth0Zabeth0 Posts: 1,337 Member
    edited June 2014
    LunBeauty: Like real weddings, they are more memorable when something went "wrong". :D Plus they are hilarious. :D It would have been nice. I spent my younger years in tropical areas that IP reminds me off, so I would like to have a sim story there, but I totally can't. :D Oh, the spicy food firebreath, that makes perfect sense now. :D It's totally fine- I just thought it was funny because I was imagining Jake telling his wife she'd never be able to leave the house lol. Heads, they would roll. :D

Oh, Piper tried to come crawling back! Too late, Piper, you left, and he moved on! :D Lol- well, at least he doesn't think they come from a store... (Consider, for example that there is a store, and I kid you not...called Babies R Us. Like Toys R Us, but for baby stuff.)

Lol@ Jake panic and Hadley leaving one moment before Nathan got there (If you'd have hurried, you'd have made it!) I can't tell you how funny the kid's nonchalance about the burglar is. :D Grace is so adorable. :D Well, at least they've had previous child experience with all this stuff with the twins. :D

Celiria: Oh, nice, a new computer fast! (I had to wait months lol) :D Yeah, the reinstalling sucks down a day or two, sounds like it's harder with mods, but I can see why you'd not want to go without. (Just thinking about how many cars have to be removed every game night...) Well, hopefully your more practiced with it and it won't take you as long. :D Lol, after seeing the trouble you've had after posting CAS screens, I can understand your caution. :D I'm glad you didn't lose everything. :D

Baker: Katie's adorable. :D Cute chess match talk. It's a good thing his advice wasn't: "Show up to your own wedding, or else someone like me gets to be happy instead of you!" She'd have probably been rather cross with him for that, whereas this is a much better situation. :D lol and all the spring gnomes were watching! :D And then she was school aged! :D

What a time for twins- three days before aging up! :D

• KatieTerrorFaceKatieTerrorFace Posts: 480 Member
    edited June 2014
    Thanks for comments! Will do comments later today. :P

@IreneSwift: Marc and Marina do sing in the shower, but seem to prefer the Chinese ones. They also sing while they fish. Lol (Marc has a better singing voice though, as Marina's singing voice is very raspy lol).

Marina makes almost 4k simoleans a day at work at the top of the video game developer career, Marc is actually a small paintings producing machine, and adding on the income from having such venues every week, they generate a lot of income. x)

The later pics were in the dance room with cyan-colored lighting. :P
    edited June 2014
    KatieTerrorFace: The town is wonderful, but she's got friends and businesses back home- I can totally understand the feeling! :D So much to explore in the world, but still happy at home. :D Ah, getting all sticky! (Marc: Wine wine wine...all they ever do here is wine!" -not a compliant!) Lol, Oh, celebrity hassles. :D Oh, Marina, don't do it! Think of the housecleaning! Lol- hot tub in the gardens! :D Well, it was where parties were held, they are just, updating it. Naturally their hobbies come with them! :D Oh, I see, it's a vacation home, they aren't moving permanently and leaving everyone behind, it's just while they are here. :D

Lol- yes, do not close those books! :D Zombies always ignore reading people! ;) I think she left dance moves for posterity lol. :D

It's good she's sharing her finds with him, since he missed them while he was ensorcelled by the latest brush lol. :D Very nice. :D

TadOlson: Oh, bills. :D I'm sure they were thrilled to get those. ;)

Colorist: He looks like he has on a green saddle. :D Very cute tiny doglet! :D Lol- well, it will make dog greetings funny. :D Hopefully it does not confuse insects or birds lol. :D
  • CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited June 2014
    sorry didn't mean to post this here :oops:
    edited June 2014
    TadOlson wrote:
    They both had to eat dinner and didn't get to sleep until 8PM.
    14488248135_ce0d3edebd.jpg

Nice update! They must have woken up so early to go to bed at 8PM though! x)

@IreneSwift: Seemed Alex is having a great time in China! Egg Rolls and Stir Fry, yummy recipes! ^^

@Zabeth0: LOL Washing machines. The ones in the building I live in break down from time to time (Landlady said we're getting new ones soooon!), but they just make a loud burping noise and stop. It would be much more entertaining if they broke down like in Sims 3. x)
    edited June 2014
    IreneSwift: Yeah, I've never seen one on stage that wasn't at Mick's. But I haven't tried that hard either, I basically got ST as a stuff pack because it was on sale. This is the most useful that the expansion has ever been to me. However, since I could use it, I did use it. :D The game randomly assigned Snypes as a paparazi across the street from Rafael's house...and if I'd been only doing the game to find the first supernatural he saw, end-stop, that would have ended it on day one, literally, slept and walked out his door, and there, boom is a vampire in sunlight! :D But you know, it was too good to pass up the chance to breath down Rafael's neck a bit...and then later, when I sent him to Mick's I saw this and had to use it...it's too funny. :D

Well, I personally hate the friend requirements for rabbitholes so much that I've learned patterns to get the friend making off my plate asap- which is why Jake's maxed on Charisma- all my previous heirs have been in rabbithole jobs, so I just followed my pattern with him, and sent him out to meet 25 sims asap. I didn't have him chat, I basically just sent him around to friendly greet 25 sims (be it child, teen, adult or elder), after that they get a starting bonus to relationship. Also, there is a thing on the charisma challenge that if you make so many friends the relationships never decay, so I usually work really hard on that really quickly, so that I can stop bothering with spending all my time talking to people- and only do it occasionally. :D I haven't done that with Rafael, because, it just doesn't make sense with him. But even though I did this with Jake automatically, I didn't need to, since he's never had a job other than inventing stuff. :D

Oh, thank goodness she's got a good bed! :D Well, the best laid plans...apparently bring out the wrath of plumbing fixtures. :D Oh, she totally needs that vacation! :D Oh, Cosmos, they are good! :D What a let down of a party...but at least she got a beast friend out of it. :D Well, at least when she gets that vacation she'll catch fish! :D Very nice. :D

With all this extra work on the side, she should have a good trip! :D Glad to see his hair grew out since the spinning incident. :D Wise move, there are always more things to do than can be done. :D Those wish chains can be...well, chains! :D It's a good idea for a chef to pick up new recipes in exotic locales. :D Ah, she bought them? Well, I suppose it does take less time than running over to the orchard and picking them. :D Good to be prepared! :D Those tents are useful for camping trips too. :D And gotta love the shower-in-a-can for fire emergencies too. :D All those breath holding contests will pay off once she gets to dive wells! :D
  • LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    edited June 2014
    KatieTerrorFace: I forgot that sims could fish from boats! Then again, my sims rarely fish. :lol: Very nice update. :)

Baker9793: Cute babies and nice update. :)

TadOlson: Thanks for the comment and great update. :)

KatieTerrorFace: It's nice to see Marina and Marc being romantic. :) They really are cute together. The family oriented trait in me wants to see them have a few little kids. ;)

IreneSwift: I liked this update. :) I have to say though, I don't really like the career uniforms on some of the careers. I know with the Culinary Career, the hat is supposed to represent a hair net. But it still bugs me. As you can tell, I'm very fickle about those things when it comes to the sims.

MayaRose1138: Thanks for the comment. :) Grace is a cutie who looks just like her daddy. I finally got some kids that all look different and aren't clones of just one parent, which is nice. Well, I'm leaning towards having a female heir(ess). So it'll be between Grace and Cadence unless one of them has another girl. Cadence has a lot going for her because of her red hair and I haven't had a red haired female yet. But Grace has her father's beautiful golden green eyes. I think I'll wait until they become older before I decide. With Skysims hairs, they look fine in CAS, but then become very warped and funky looking in the actual game. I prefer Newsea, Alesso, and Cazy. They have the best hairs.

IreneSwift: My mom always tells me that it's better to be alone and happy than be with someone and be miserable all the time. I guess I'm just worried that one day I might be too old to have kids and I do want at least one before my ovaries shrivel and dry up. For me, artificial insimination or adoption would be an absolute last resort.

You can tell that the females in this family pretty much wear the pants, figuratively speaking, lol.

I think Nraas Story Progression makes sims around town much more active. Before I installed it, my towns were...well...ghost towns.

Yes, the police officer was too old for Cadence, lol. I was just joking around.

I'll go back and edit. Right now, I'm cleaning out a lot of my Custom content. I have a lot that I don't even use. So I figure, why have it? All it's doing is taking up space.

Zabeth0: Nice pictures. :) Although I sometimes with The Sims 3 had vacuum cleaners. Who ever heard of mopping a carpet?

You want to know something else? Sahan, the guy who "stole" Piper has also been calling and asking Jake out on dates. Really? You're going to ask out the guy who kicked your butt all those years ago? I guess he really likes it rough or something. :lol:

Men are just big babies, lol. Everyone else was all calm about the burglar and Nathan was jumping up and down and freaking out. I wanted to smack him. xD
    edited June 2014
    Kids for Marc and Marina? Maybe in the near future. Will have to figure how much longer I want to keep the age freeze for their save, as I really like this stage of relationships and do like to play them for looooooooooooooooooooooooooooong periods of time. x)

I actually did forget about being able to fish from a boat, but then I noticed the "Fishing: 8" on some of them as I was picking one out for their trip. lol >.<
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited June 2014
    KatieTerrorFace-Great update!I might have Glen Harbor residents go to France first.I make them get up early and set a curfew in story progression.
    IreneSwift-Great update!The basement is where Garden Market has the rabbit holes.I used the rugs instead of EA shells.
    MayaRose1138-You need NRaas hybrid to handle hybrids without the game freezing or crashing.
    Zabeth0-Great pictures!Ami went right out and paid the bills because they've got over30000$ in cash saved up and are saving more up for starting their family.
    LunBeauty-Thanks for the comment.
    Here's a few pictures of what's new in Winfield.
    I've also got a CC-free version of this lot available on the Exchange.
    I put down the CC-laden version of my community pool in Winfield.
    14502297951_b9ff78c0e6.jpg
    Here's the ground floor where the pool is located.
    14319215037_50554f0c3a.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    edited June 2014
    @TadOlson: Oh curfews. I usually forget about those as I turn curfews of any kind off. x)

Update:

Marc and Marina got home and were quite tired from their trip, so they went to sleep pretty right after.

"Why am I thinking about a lit match?"
    Wjdfhkn.jpg

During their trip, the basement tenants moved out because the town of Twinbrook dedicated one of the empty homes into becoming a low income housing shelter. This of course allowed space for some renovations in the basement!

The bedrooms' walls were knocked down and the space was converted into a wine cellar and place to put artifacts/jewels/etc. up for display.
    vwkwtY0.jpg

The kitchen and dining area kept its purpose for future parties and whatnot, just got new chairs and tables and a new look.
    PdnTYMc.jpg

The bathroom was replaced with a hot tub. lol
    0C76fPM.jpg

Early the next morning, Happy Tuclean was taking a swim in the pool before continuing his usual duties.

oTB5niP.jpg

Happy knew his hosts probably missed France a bit, so he made them a breakfast of crepes.

kr9wzRh.jpg

Marc had a vivid dream and woke up much earlier than his usual to rush out to the studio to start putting his thoughts down on canvas.

lSuqmPz.jpg

Marina woke up, relaxed, but was surprised Marc for once woke up before she did. ^^

QGMSwkW.jpg

Marina had work that day, so after a morning of videogames, she headed to work and worked hard despite just returning from a long trip. "I relaxed enough! Let's get these projects done! Deadlines, people!"

After work, Marina headed over to Power Up! Juice Bar and tended the bar there for a while. Apparently, Al Kohalic, who had been taking care of the bar in her place, was happy for her return and danced on the counter. x)

c9fZ5ts.jpg

Marc completed a brilliant-grade painting, but wanted to keep going while his mind was still full of inspiration.

BN40f3n.jpg

Marina went over to the scrapyard (With George the Bear) to salvage some stuff. With her deal on the Harvester, she could relax from as much inventing, but gathering scrap was still fun for her. :P

TH7HFBp.jpg

She stopped by her old home to drop George off and to tend the garden. As well as a much-needed shower after the trip to the scrapyard. x)

Ffn5rtY.jpg

Just a bit of reminiscing about her days living there. :P

1D1EFEu.jpg

After completing a masterpiece-grade large painting, Marc started to work on his piano playing. He then got a surprise visit from Winston.

3GoGvj0.jpg

Winston filled Marc in on the whole ghosts situation and that it was well under control thanks to the efforts of the ghost hunters team. "I doubt we'll ever catch all of them, but the phone is much quieter these days!" Winston had also made amends with those he had wronged in the past in town, except Lang Wydd. Lang had mysteriously disappeared that morning.

Afterwards, Marc and Marina met each other again at home for some bedroom fun. ^_^

Rg4HtLS.jpg

While playing, Marc popped the question: "Hey Marina, do you think we're ready for kids?"

"Kids?"

---

Alrighty, will take a break from Marc and Marina for a bit as I figure out what's next for them. ^^

---

Meanwhile, in the town of Riverview...

It was raining heavily on the man's truck. Well, it wasn't exactly his, as he had stolen it. "I told that Cottoneye and his friend Lang Wydd to not get in my way!" He had recently escaped, and was hoping the cops would give up on the hunt before thinking of checking Riverview.

2aiLUA8.jpg

edited June 2014
    2s7xiq1.jpg

11v7jh2.jpg

Ramiro Ponce: "Rather skinny for a ruski, ain't ya? What can I do for you, you poor doomed bas-"

Rafael: There was no way this man was the boss. By now Rafael was pretty sure the boss was the lady acrobat, and the thug had just deflected him so he could report in and find out what he was supposed to do before Rafael got to her. "Thugs you must vorrry abyout most, Mrr. Ponce arre the ones vith no muscles. They'rre the ones pyeople fearrr forrr morrre dangyerrous rreasons. Vhat you can do forrr me is stop playink gyames and just send me to the boss. Ve don't vant to kyeep herr vaiting."

Ramiro Ponce: "What makes you think I'm not the boss?"

Rafael: "Expyerrience."

Ramiro Ponce: "I'll- oh. Well, you are an unlucky...okay. Sure, go upstairs. She's waiting."

33kxaxi.jpg

Rafael: He did not for a moment believe she was alone. There would be someone around, hidden, because bosses were never undefended, they were the brains behind the operation and they were too smart to leave themselves open. Though they sometimes let people think so in order for them to get sloppy and let lose information they wouldn't- such as unknown intentions...

25sr37p.jpg

Acrobat: Her voice was deep and purring. What was even better was that she was speaking flawless Russian. "<But I already know your intentions, Rafael. You intend to come and work for our criminal organization, you are here to apply for a job because the Hemlocks in Bridgeport want to sell you to the man who killed your grandmother, and your little sister, and your father, but you aren't sorry about his death, and if that man had only killed your father, you'd have shook his hand and done everything to help him, but being that he went so far, you want to arrange a special shark tank execution for him. You've been planning for it and saving up for it like a bride for a wedding. And you want that so bad that you've walked right into my den, when I'm hungry.>"

2nqh4ee.jpg

Acrobat: "< I almost feel sorry for you.>"

Rafael: Now, that was a boss. The one that had so much information they seemed to read your mind. Of course, this was bad news for him. How did she possibly find out so much? How had anyone found out about his feelings towards his father? He'd not even told Vladimir that much!

Acrobat: "<You've worked for vampires before, Rafael, and something I think is amusing is that you don't know that we are reading your mind. It's a shame about Vladimir, I'll have to make sure that's punished somehow. But you...oh, you are going to be delicious.>"

2yl9sg6.jpg

Rafael: Vampires?! This whole town was insane!

awav47.jpg

Acrobat: "<Okay, skeptic, explain this!>"

Rafael: Her face was...glowing!? Her eyes were glowing like some sort of movie about evil skulls! It wasn't just the red and green lights around the room, the light was actually bursting out of her eyes like they were flashlights!

2008dvo.jpg

Rafael: And this was the moment he realized that he hadn't spoken a single word to her, she'd been responding to his thoughts the entire time. "<Wait, wait! Why did you give me the run around if you were just waiting to kill me anyway?>" Being able to beg in his own language did not comfort him. This couldn't really be happening? If it were real, his muscles would work, right? If she'd pulled a knife or a gun he'd have been able to move...but her face...

Acrobat: "<Actually, you are spoken for, I can't kill you...the runaround was to show that I tried to throw you off the course, but you just had to come find vampires for yourself. So, you see, it's totally not my fault. You cornered me while I was all alone, and of course, I had to do something. But I remembered my restrictions and left you alive. Weakened but alive. But I can't have you remembering. That might cause you to seek help, and all you have to do is not seek help before tomorrow night.>"

Rafael: Seek help? From where? Who would even help him- oh! "Dyeedyee dyee-"

2150igx.jpg

Rafael: His mouth slammed shut on him, and green light filled his vision and as if there was some reverb on a microphone he heard her laughter echoing and then her words, which seemed very far away- "<Too late. late late late.>"
    edited June 2014
    @Zabeth0: Exciting update! Curious to see how Rafael will get out of this situation! ^_^
    edited June 2014
    Hi everyone, about a week ago many of you may remember I commented on being unhappy about some of the changes in Sims 4. Well it turns out those weren't even the worst of it.

Announced today

NO MORE TODDLERS and no pools.

.....yeah......

• Baker9793Baker9793 Posts: 185 Member
    edited June 2014
    @Celiria no toddlers! : cry: they were my favorite. Where was this announcement?

Edit: saw announcement on tumblr. Now I really don't know if I'll get the game.
    edited June 2014
    LunBeauty: Yeah, it's kinda crazy...obviously that mop only looks like a mop...it's a wet vac in disguise! :D Oh, that's priceless, both Piper and Sahan are after him! Lol- wow.

TadOlson: Wow, that's quite some savings! :D I'm sure Winfield will be very happy for such a fun place! :D

KatieTerrorFace: It's a dark room? Or full of flammable materials? She loves fire? I don't know. :D Maybe it's an idea that hasn't reached lightbulb status yet? :D

...Does...does that lion have a mustache!? It totally does! And it's wearing a hat! :D Lol! Wow, nice hot tub nook, there. :D Happy's just...checking the ph and temperature...that's all. :D Old fashion instruments in case the new ones got out of alignment somehow...or something. :D Yeah. :D Kind of like the food taster, it's the pool tester... you're pool is not poisoned! :D

Yes, that's a happy dance! :D Welcome home, Marina! :D Yeah, look at Marc go! :D He must have loved that fishing boat. :D

Oh, that's priceless...Winston briefing Marc about the state of the ghosts...in that room...with the three paintings of Marina's nether regions on the wall behind them. :D Oh, I'm very sorry, but I couldn't resist. :D Lol- kids, what a conversation to have over a video game chat. :D

Oh, what's this, new villain time?! :D

Thanks. :D
    edited June 2014
    Baker9793 wrote:
    @Celiria no toddlers! :cry: they were my favorite. Where was this announcement?

http://www.thesims.com/news/neighborhoods-weird-moments-and-more

"We are also very excited about our new Create A Sim! You probably guess this since we’ve been showing it off everywhere. We’re particularly proud of our new Genetics system, where you can create relatives from any other Sim. It’s like a game in itself! As for ages, we have babies, children, teens, young adults, adults and elders."

and

"And while we recognize that some of you will be disappointed that pools and toddlers won’t be available when The Sims 4 Base Game launches in September, you should know that we’re building an incredibly strong foundation that is capable of fulfilling every one of your desires in the years to come. The future of The Sims 4 is bright!"
  • simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    edited June 2014
    No toddlers?! Not going to jump from baby to child like it did in Sims 1 is it?!
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

edited June 2014
    simlish1 wrote:
    No toddlers?! Not going to jump from baby to child like it did in Sims 1 is it?!

As far as we know that is exactly what it's going to do.
  • Baker9793Baker9793 Posts: 185 Member
    edited June 2014
    Celiria wrote:
    Baker9793 wrote:

"We are also very excited about our new Create A Sim! You probably guess this since we’ve been showing it off everywhere. We’re particularly proud of our new Genetics system, where you can create relatives from any other Sim. It’s like a game in itself! As for ages, we have babies, children, teens, young adults, adults and elders."

and

"And while we recognize that some of you will be disappointed that pools and toddlers won’t be available when The Sims 4 Base Game launches in September, you should know that we’re building an incredibly strong foundation that is capable of fulfilling every one of your desires in the years to come. The future of The Sims 4 is bright!"

Oh so like they could add them with an expansion maybe.. that's what my friend thinks
    edited June 2014
    Baker9793 wrote:
    Celiria wrote:
    Baker9793 wrote:

and

Oh so like they could add them with an expansion maybe.. that's what my friend thinks

If they try to sell them to us in an expansion then the sims 4 can burn in hell for all I care. The only way they can make this right in my mind is to give toddlers and pools in a free update. If they try to charge for them then they will have hit a level of greed I refuse to put up with.
  • Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    edited June 2014
    Good luck on that surgery!

Update:

After picking up the supplies Marc was supposed to get, Marc and Marina took some time to relax in the middle of town.

"It's so peaceful and wonderful here, like a great work of classical music."
    jfj1xwb.jpg

Marina thought about what Marc said. This town really is wonderful! But seeing the empty spaces above some of the shops did remind her of the venues they owned at home in Twinbrook. She let out a sigh and did her best to smile and remember to relax and enjoy the trip.

The two had heard a lot of recommendations from the locals to visit the winery, so they did.

8L4ZQJ4.jpg
    EuiVXYw.jpg
    ktkQGC2.jpg
    Wk3rmr8.jpg

Marina was recognized for her celebrity status by one of the locals. "HEY! You're Marina Brandt, the video game person from America! I love the new skate game!"

When they got back to base camp, Marc was also recognized, but for a different reason.

8YKsWuI.jpg

"It's YOU! You're the one who flew here without a license and crash landed on that field! You should go to jail!"

They headed back into town again to avoid the rowdy fellow tourists. x)

rI6BVKf.jpg

The locals there seemed to enjoy Marc's piano playing, despite it not being very good. :P

A little romance on a Champs Les Sims night. x)

mDd9QsN.jpg

The Next Day...

The local special goods seller had requested Marina investigate the Chateau de Landgraab since he heard she and Marc were there before.
    35MtM9B.jpg

Marina accepted, curious to learn more of the town's history and possibly more on her own ancestors.

lxK6FYW.jpg

Afterwards, the merchant revealed to her that Champs Les Sims Castle was still under her family's name, but she needed to have a level three visa and a hefty amount of simoleans for property charges unpaid.

WFAZjIJ.jpg

Marc and Marina got this handled and began to explore the old castle. As wondrous as it was, it needed quite a bit of fixing up! Marc insisted the place needed a hot tub, so one was installed.

i4TmhWK.jpg

The dance room was also quite bland to Marina...

33dMYDo.jpg

... so like the party barn at home, it got a bit of help. x)

AspXiu3.jpg

A few of the other rooms got changes too, but there were too many rooms to work on!

7KtXKYc.jpg
    MnZP7XD.jpg

Of course, a Darwin's Revenge arcade game for Marina and easel for Marc had to be included!

ZBW5giX.jpg
    xuIti91.jpg

The two found it nice that they could sleep on a bed that was much more comfortable than the base camp one tonight.

XpZPklb.jpg

"I wonder if there could be a planet that had oceans made of nectar?!"

I am like Marina. Relax? What is that? lol When you have lots of responsibility I know it can be hard. She seems to be trying which is good.

OOOOOHhhh she is getting into the wine a little too much lol. Love that pic of her in the vat.

I can see Marina is pleased to be recognized.

Lol I would yell at him too for such a stupid stunt.

Well maybe compared to their music it is good lol.

Yah the prerequisite romance in a place like Champs la sims. If you don't have romance might as well stay home.

How neat to have a castle owned by your family and knowing it is still yours.

Seriously? The castle is in disrepair and the first thing you do is put in a hot tub? lol A castle is supposed to be medieval not modern lol.

So much for keeping traditions lol. I like the room for dancing, but it doesn't fit in a castle interior lol.

Sweet dining room.

Love that living room with the arcade game lol.

That flower rug is so pretty.

Great update.
    edited June 2014
    IreneSwift wrote:
    Zabeth0 I know it's usually NPC's that do the performing, but even in games where I get notices from SP that some performer has gotten a promotion, they don't usually show up for the sim fests. I have seen a couple, a magician in one game, and a singer in another, but mostly the crowd is cheering at an empty stage.

There are definitely frogs at Mosquito Cove. You can hear them loud and clear at night. LOL! And maybe the birds eat the mosquitoes too.

Unfortunately, the only friends Alex has in Sunset Valley are her coworkers. She doesn't have time to socialize with anyone else enough to make friends, except when she travels, and even then it's difficult.

LunBeauty Thank you.

I'm not surprised you have had bad luck with men. It seems like nowadays it's really hard to find a good one. Maybe you're looking in the wrong place, though I hardly know what the right place would be anymore. There are even some extremely rotten apples in churches.

Sixty still isn't old, but it's better than starting it at 50.

You should have one of the sims in your household get the fireproof homestead LTR. Then you'd never have a fire from a birthday cake again. Unless, of course, you actually like the drama a fire causes. I always get it, because I don't like the risk to my sims' lives. One of my early ones actually caught on fire while she was upgrading her fireplace to fireproof. Thankfully, she autonomously ran to the shower, or I would have lost her. I didn't know what to do about a sim on fire.

Colorist40 It's on the exchange now. Here's the URL: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8295858

I feel sure EA decided to make Sims 4 simpler because of all the issues with Sims 3. It's so hard to get a computer to run it without issues, and then there are all the things that get broken whenever they try to fix something else, plus all the ones they seem unable to fix. I thought at first, when I heard that they were going to make it less demanding for computers to run, that I might get it, so I could play without all the lag and crashing I was experiencing from the beginning. But now that my computer is upgraded to the point that I can play without all that trouble, I'm not inclined to want to change, even if there weren't so many things I don't like about what they're offering with Sims 4.

Celiria I'm glad you're getting a new computer. Hopefully, your troubles with your game are over. I hope you don't have issues with getting the game to work in the first place, though there might be some things you'll have to adjust. I'm sure whatever new household you decide to start over with will work out fine for you.

KatieTerrorFace Great update! How nice that Marina and Marc were able to pay off the debts on the property and take possession. It's certainly better having a place of their own, if they're going to travel there often, instead of having to stay at the base camp, with a bunch of strangers, some of whom could be nasty, rude, or just annoying slobs. Not to mention having their privacy interrupted for autographs or photos.

Nice renovations!

While I don't disagree with your assessment of sims 4 the more I find out the worse it gets. I just saw the post from Celiria about there not being any toddlers. I don't want burrito babies going right to children. That is another drawback I don't think I can buy it. If I was on the fence even with no CASt this would be the deal breaker for me.

edited June 2014
    Baker9793 wrote:
    KatieTerrorFace
    Good luck on that surgery!

thanks. Second time around hope it lasts.

Now Here is a Forrest Family Legacy. (this will be a long one)
    Previously: Jorden and Ben had a baby girl, Katie.

Ben got home from work and saw Katie in her swing: Happy Birthday baby girl! Can't believe your 1 already.
    screenshot_original.jpg

Now that Nick was getting to old to get into work, he decided it was time to retire.
    screenshot_original.jpgscreenshot_original.jpg

Later that night, Katie aged into a Toddler.
    screenshot_original.jpg

The next day, Nick threw a Birthday party for his son Cory.
    screenshot_original.jpg

Nick: Happy Birthday son. I hope you liked your party.
    Cory: Thanks dad. I did.
    screenshot_original.jpg

On Saturday, Christian decided he wanted a bachelor's party.
    screenshot_original.jpg

At the Party, Christian asked Nick to give the toast. Once the Toasts were complete. 2 Dancers showed up. (first time for that)

The next morning was Spooky day. Nick and James went to a costume party at Cory's.
    screenshot_original.jpg

A Few days later while Christian and Ben were playing chess.
    Christian: Ben, your move. I wanted to ask you if you had advice for me for a happy marriage.
    Ben: Alright listen to this. Any Marriage is like a race. You have to work in order to win because at the end you will get the best prize.
    Little did he know that Jorden was listening while teaching Katie to talk.
    Jorden: Okay Katie, can you say romantic? Your daddy is very romantic.

Nick: Okay James. The square root of 169 is what?
    James: Um..Oh! 13!
    screenshot_original.jpg

Jorden: Katie, today is your birthday. Can you say birthday?
    Katie: birday!
    screenshot_original.jpg

Later that night was Katie's birthday party. Before the cake James went outside with Taliana. He asked her to prom!
    screenshot_original.jpg

Thats the last update from the Forrest family till July 12thish.

Wow Katie you growing up so fast.

Hooray you worked hard Nick and now you get your reward.

Awww how cute you turned out Katie.

I hate those bachelor parties in the game too much like real life ones I guess lol.

Gotta teach the kids right lol. Might as well teach them the good things.

I love how kids butcher words trying to say them. It is so sweet.

:shock: All those gnomes.

Well it is a good thing so much happened. Good luck on your surgery.

• LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    edited June 2014
    TadOlson: Great update!

KatieTerrorFace: How do you turn curfews off? I hate how my teens have to be in by ten. All of the good stuff happens after 10 pm. Very nice update. :D I can't wait to see what's in store next for Marc and Marina and I also can't wait to see what happens with Winston and his mother tormenting him. :)

Zabeth0: Poor Rafael, getting mixed up in things he shouldn't. Great update! :D

Celiria: Wait...what?! How can you not have toddlers? Are there even going to be babies in The Sims 4? And no more swimming pools?! What the...isn't the concept of these Sims games to add stuff to them, not take them away? I was iffy about buying it before, but now I really don't want to.
    edited June 2014
    IreneSwift wrote:
    Alex's second week in Sunset Valley was every bit as busy as her first, and quite possibly even more so. She continued her same schedule of exercise and gardening. As she harvested the first crops from her garden, and got better quality produce than she'd started with, she planted a second plant of each kind, which should be ready for harvest by the time the first was done producing. Thus, her garden started occupying more of her time.

Sunday, Alex got a promotion and a bonus, so she was finally able to get a good bed.

1newbed.jpg

The downside to all the promotions she was getting was that with each new career level she needed greater cooking skill. She wanted to keep ahead of the necessary skill, but it was difficult even to keep at the top of the required skill range, so sometimes her performance wasn't the best it could be. This required more time at the library. As much as she wanted to improve her fishing skill, and catch her own fish for cooking rather than buying them, it was impossible to make much progress, as there was simply no time to go fishing on work days.

On Wednesday, Alex had plans for her day off, but life did not cooperate very well with her plans. She had been asked to help cater a party at the science complex, but she could put that off for Thursday, her other mid-week day off. She went for a long jog, tended to her garden, showered, and prepared pancakes for breakfast. So far, so good. But when she washed her plate, the sink broke. After fixing it and mopping up the puddle, she went upstairs to use the bathroom before going out to get the newspaper and read it, and the toilet clogged. So she had to fix that too. But at least she got her handiness skill up in the process, to where she is able to start upgrading things.

Since she'd lost so much time because of the broken plumbing fixtures, she decided she might as well go do the catering, and go fishing the next day. And, since she was now able to do upgrades, she upgraded the toilet to self-cleaning.

3upgrade.jpg

But on Thursday, Alex needed to prepare food for the week ahead. She gets home so late from work, it's impossible to cook and get to bed at a decent time, and Alex prefers to be an early riser rather than a night owl. Because she had fallen behind on where she wanted and needed to be in cooking skill, she decided that rather than make a group serving of breakfast, and another of dinner, to last all week, she would make individual servings. This would also give her the chance to try out all the different recipes she'd been learning, but had not had time to make at home.

4cooking.jpg

Between all the cooking, and all the cleaning up, this took most of the day. The only other things she had time for were her gardening and working out at the gym.

5workingout.jpg

She didn't even have time for a dip in the pool while she was at the gym! She decided that she definitely was going to go fishing on Saturday. Alex doesn't work on Saturdays either, but they are paid days off, because there is a holiday every Saturday.

On Friday, Alex was promoted to level 4 in her career and received enough of a bonus on top of her pay to be able to afford the trip to Shang Simla that she was wishing for. But she knew she needed to take some money along to spend there, so she should work a few more days before going. Besides, she had several long-term high scoring wishes that she was very close to fulfilling, that she wanted to clear from her queue to make room for wishes on her trip.

Saturday was Leisure Day, and Alex was planning on going fishing in the ocean and visiting the Festival Lot. But that morning she got an invitation to a pool party at her friend/coworker Sunny Bakshi's house. She accepted and changed her plans. She could still go to the festival lot before the party, and maybe do some fishing afterward. One of the things she wanted to accomplish that day was to improve her charisma skill, and the party should be a good opportunity to do that.

At the festival grounds, Alex had had a picture taken, then picked a few wildflowers that were nearby.

6wildflowers.jpg

She went skating, and Sam Sekemoto asked her to spin with him.

7spinningwithsam.jpg

Neither of them were good skaters, and they fell, but they weren't really hurt.

8oops.jpg

There was no one at the party except Sunny, and she wouldn't talk to Alex. All she wanted to do was swim. So, after challenging her to a breath holding contest, which Alex won easily, she used the bathroom and got ready to leave.

9sunnyspool.jpg

But just then, Sunny got out of the pool and went inside, so Alex spent some time chatting with her.

10chatwithsunny.jpg

Before she left, she and Sunny were best friends. She gave Sunny an apple from her garden as a gift.

11gift.jpg

Sunny's house mates came home while Alex was there, so before she left, she introduced herself to one of them, Ian Bowler, and chatted with him for awhile.

12ian.jpg

The other one, Abraham Finkel, headed for the pool and made it clear that he wasn't interested in talking with Alex. (He heckled her.) Her interactions with Ian weren't enough to become friends with him, or to bring her charisma up a level like she had wanted to, but she needed to go and do some fishing. She caught a couple of jellyfish and a tuna, and brought her skill up to level 7.

13fishing.jpg

From there, she went to the library to work on the most important skill she needed to improve, her cooking.

2library.jpg

She stayed until she had reached the next skill level in cooking, and it was kind of late when she left for home. But the gain in skill would help her to achieve her other wish soon, to be promoted to level 5 in her career.

That night, Alex sold the azalea and cosmos she had picked at the festival lot, along with the jellyfish and the lower quality produce she'd taken out of the refrigerator. But she kept the sulfur (flower) to decorate her house. Now, she not only had enough money to make the trip to China, but she'd have some to spend while she was there, too.

Hooray for comfy beds.

Yeah that would be hard. I would myself try to keep up with the cooking as much as I could, but would still let her have time for other things. Sims need fun too lol.

GRRRR I know how that is. I turn around boom toilet clogged. Then sim goes to use the sink bam sink breaks, go eat and use the dishwasher boom kaplowee it broke lol.

Good idea smart thinking since the day was shot anyhow lol. Might as well work lol.

How sucky to spend your day off slaving over a hot stove lol.

Poor Alex never going to go fishing lol.

I don't think it is meant for Alex to go fishing lol.

Lol somehow they seemed to be having fun even falling down. Sam is so cute.

Goes to a party and only one person there so she can't even get to work on her charisma skill cause Sunny won't talk to her lol.

Well at least Sunny changed her mind.

Yay finally she got to fish and caught a few.

Good for Alex. Can't wait to see her trip to Shang Sim La.

Great update.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top