Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

60smusicluvr's Rockin' Creations: Brooklyn Brownstones 8/5/20

60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
edited August 2020 in The Sims 3 Builders
HELLO!

I'm '60smusicluvr'. I've been playing the sims franchise since 2004, when one of my friends introduced me to the original game. I eventually purchased sims 2 after playing it at my cousins house for so long. My favorite game was the 'Mansion and Garden Stuff' stuff pack. I could have happily continued to play that one, if it weren't for our lousy computer and my sibling uninstalling the game. I got my own computer maybe one or two years later, in late 2011, when I finally went to the next level. It was The Sims 3. Now with all this time waiting, you'd think I would be ready to play. No, no! My passion was creating. I was delighted to make sims that I could actually customize. And then there was the ability to customize EVERYTHING. So, instead of enjoying my game, I spent a LOT of time on the old sims 3 forums. Not commenting. Just lurking like I did everything else. The free simpoints I had from my game would likely never be spent because there would likely be something new and better created for the sims 3 store every month and being the frugal one I am, I wasn't going to waste it on something I would later regret. But I really did like the kids themed stuff because there wasn't enough. But then something happened. It was called CYS or Complete Your Set and my simming experience changed. Nights would be spent ogling the daily deal thread and I would turn into a store junkie. Combined with the ad watches, I would be able to complete most of the store content (other than some of the worlds) without paying a single penny. It took a long time, but I eventually got everything I wanted. Of course my actual play time was put on hold to collect. That's why today I put all those objects to their fullest use. I'm always conscious of how much store content I have in my lots. I try to use as less as possible for the user friendliness, but gosh that really took a long time to get. You know? Anywho, I've gotten better and better over the years and I'm finally playing my game to the fullest. I've NEVER owned most of all the content of my favorite game before now. Not the original sims. Not even close. I owned maybe one or two expansions. Sims 2 I had a bit more. Thanks to my cousin, though, I knew what each one was like though. 3? I still don't have Outdoor Living, Roaring Heights (I'm Frugal, I'm tell'n ya!), a couple venues and little things here and there. But I'm happy where it's at and I don't feel like my sims are missing out anymore.

Personally,I like most of all designs except for things that are ultra modern, so you don't see that type of thing in my builds.

My strongest builds are cozy and colorful. I try to add kid friendly areas in my builds wherever possible.

I also enjoy making steampunk themed builds, so you see a lot of that in my studio.

Lastly, I enjoy making sims and making each one stand out from the next.

Thanks for following my story and I hope you'll continue to visit. :)
Post edited by 60smusicluvr on

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Exchange Items

All items uploaded to my exchange are and forever will be CC free. :smile:
    No mods for face/body sliders...etc. :smile:
    Please don't suggest that I should use them. I like playing a clean game and would hate to harm anyone else's computer.

I’m very hard on my creations, so the ones I upload to the exchange are the ones that I’m most proud of. I try to make them all as unique as possible and I play with the sliders a lot. Know that the results for different age groups or genders may look really bad/ugly, as a result. I try not to focus too much on this issue because I feel it would limit my creativity.

So, without further ado, I’d like to share the sims I created that were fortunate enough to make it past the chopping block…

1. Elenore West
    2. Amelia Wilhelm
    3. Sylvester Stallone Inspired Sim
    4. Flo from Progressive
    5. Jesse Sledge
    6. Zarine Sharma
    7. Leanne Kendrick
    8. Elliot White
    9. Byron Grotesque
    10. Greg Brochman
    11. Fannie Ecclestone
    12. The Four Faces Of Vivian Rowan
    13. Mack Ando here and here
    14. Nigel Donaghue here and here
    15. Ethan Shaffer
    16. Jade Wiggins
    17. Artemis Sasaki
    18. Willow Huntley
    19. Billie Bourgeois
    20. Colin Fitzgerald
    21. Latoya McRae
    22. Samuel Crowe
    23. Rosalinda Sanders
    24. Anastasia Escamilla
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I'm going to share my creations in order from first to last, so here it goes...

Elenore West

Screenshot-8_zpsac0833ed.jpg

Screenshot-13_zpse11a019b.jpg

Screenshot-15_zps925b2c55.jpg

Screenshot-187_zps23974e78.jpg

Screenshot-189_zpsd30dc376.jpg

Elenore was the first sim that I was proud to have made. I went into it with this whole idea of being a witch. She has the chin,the mole, the green skin and the outfit. I couldn't be more pleased with her if I tried.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    The second sim in my studio was specifically created to fit in Dragon Valley. For a few weeks, I really wanted this world, so, of course, I created a sim to fit in it...and didn't get the world. :lol:

Amelia Wilhelm

Screenshot-78_zps7d654bf1.jpg

Screenshot-75_zps62582dc5.jpg

Screenshot-77_zpseb870b78.jpg

As you can tell from these photos, she does look a bit different from the version I put in my studio. I stated earlier that I'm really hard to please when it comes to my sims, so, of course, I noticed a few things I didn't like and changed them a bit. I made her ears smaller and changed the dress in CAS. Her makeup is also different.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Now, of the sims on the my exchange, this next one is probably my least favorite, so far. I wanted to try to get a Sylvester Stallone look, but it didn't work as well as I hoped. I've seen so much better. If you're interested, I suggest looking them up on the exchange. There is one that looks EXACTLY like him (You'll know when you see it), but I'm not sure if the creator used cc or not.

Sylvester Stallone Inspired sim

This shot is probably the most Stallone-like he's gonna get.
    Screenshot-25_zpsb09ba7c5.jpg

This is one of my favorite screenshots ever. I used it as my desktop background and it was perfect. :-)
    Screenshot-54_zps5a97c051.jpg

One last shot
    Screenshot-26_zpsfeb57d17.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    So, I saw this hairstyle in the store and immediately thought, Flo, so I had to make her! It's the innocent style.

[img]http://na.lvlt.sims3store.cdn.ea.com/u/f/sims/sims3/sims3store/skins/afHairSTORE03MedHeadBand/Thumbnail_300x300.png Width=100"[/img]

Did%20Progressive%20Flo%20Get%20Fired.ashx

Flo from Progressive

Screenshot-37_zpsccef8a33.jpg

^These new forums ruined all my previous pics and this one is the only one I have left of her, right now. Haha. :p
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    This next sim came along after deciding I wanted to make an attractive guy. I've seen so many great cc creations, so I thought I'd take a crack at one that doesn't have any.

Jesse Sledge

Screenshot-51_zps29681a26.jpg

Screenshot-47_zpsbcffa5c5.jpg

Screenshot-73_zpsf0cccdfd.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Oh, man! I was so pleased seeing the India Inspirations set in my game that I couldn't wait to get started! :shock: :mrgreen:

Zarine Sharma

Screenshot-109_zps50e0c792.jpg

Screenshot-107_zps03ae1bd7.jpg

Screenshot-108_zpsee5ad61e.jpg

Screenshot-87_zps68924acd.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I think I'm going to post just one more and take a little breather. Whew! :XD:

Leanne Kendrick

Screenshot-147_zps5f68b52e.jpg

Screenshot-134_zps6abba233.jpg

Screenshot-145_zps8770faee.jpg

Screenshot-146_zpse648bdc3.jpg

Screenshot-159_zps29486aed.jpg

I recently got into everything steampunk, so I tried to give it my best shot. I think I made her look steampunk-ish. :)

I hope you guys like what I've posted so far. Feel free to add any comments! :-)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited April 2014
    It is great that you have set up a showcase thread for your sims :) I am enjoying looking at the pictures of your sims and will enjoy visiting the thread to see others that you post. They are very nice sims and very nice pictures that you have posted of each of them! It is great reading the background details as to why you made them.
    They are great sims! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    rosemow wrote:
    It is great that you have set up a showcase thread for your sims :) I am enjoying looking at the pictures of your sims and will enjoy visiting the thread to see others that you post. They are very nice sims and very nice pictures that you have posted of each of them! It is great reading the background details as to why you made them.
    They are great sims! :)

Thanks, Rosemow! :)

I'm not sure how to use places like image shack, so the pictures in my media are all I've got. It's a shame it can't be publicly viewed because it would make sharing stuff so much easier...Anyway, I'm glad you like the pics. I do, too! I didn't want to leave them to myself on my computer anymore and, I figure, what's the point of having them if I don't share them?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Many simmers use photobucket to store and share their pictures. Once they are uploaded, there is a link code on the right hand side that can be posted in posts to share pictures. I just thought I would mention it in case it helps you. :)
  • Options
    rjdreamer53rjdreamer53 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited April 2014
    I loved all your Sims very unique. I am also happy that you didn't use CC to make them look great. I knew that not all Sims3 are pudding faced and you just proved it . Keep up the great work and I look forward for more of your creations.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    rosemow wrote:
    Many simmers use photobucket to store and share their pictures. Once they are uploaded, there is a link code on the right hand side that can be posted in posts to share pictures. I just thought I would mention it in case it helps you. :)

Thanks for the tip! I'll have to check it out sometime and see if I can figure it out. Maybe I'll try to use it for my next sim and store my other pictures there, as well.
    I loved all your Sims very unique. I am also happy that you didn't use CC to make them look great. I knew that not all Sims3 are pudding faced and you just proved it . Keep up the great work and I look forward for more of your creations.

Thank you! Your kind words mean a lot. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    My next sim was inspired by the University Life ep. I wanted to create a nerdy guy, so I started with a pre-made sim that actually looks similar to this one. I don't think I changed him all that much, so a lot of the work here was made by the Sims 3 team. I know for sure that his hair is exactly the way they created it and his looks are pretty much the same. I know I made changes to his skin and weight, but I don't know how much I changed his face. I think he looks a lot nerdier and older the way I made him up. Anyway, I'll stop rambling and get to the sim. :flushed:

Elliot White

Here he is without his glasses, so that you can see his face more clearly.
    Screenshot-23_zpsc25e0e94.jpg

Here he is making a speech to a nonexistent audience. :roll: I choose to believe he was just practicing, but I can't be for sure.
    Screenshot-12_zpsfe4beccc.jpg

And my personal favorite of him. :lol:
    Screenshot-27_zps51226987.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    The funny thing about this sim is that he happened by accident. I was originally planning on doing a really cute emo guy. You know, he's got the spiky black hair, black clothes, pale, and has some makeup, but it wasn't working out. That's when I decided to just play around with the sliders. I wasn't being serious about it, so it was just for fun. However, the further I got with him, the more I got to love him, so, ultimately, I kept him and created a story to go along with his looks.

I think the parallels with Beauty and the Beast work really well for him.

As seen in bio...

Byron was only at the young age of 12 when he decided to flee his orphanage. Little did he know that that decision would change his life forever...He was immediately cursed with a face so hideous, people ran away in fear. In little to no time, he was dubbed "Byron Grotesque." Plagued with the curse for the rest of his days, he constantly pondered the meaning of life while he was in hiding. He hopes to find that special someone who'll love him for who he is, now that he's out in the open.

Because the site only allows so many words, I left out a few details:

1. He's human.
    2. He wants to fit in with the supernatural (That's why he's dressed like he is. He also wears baggy clothing because he wants to hide himself from others).
    3. The supernatual creatures don't want to include him.
    4. He fears he'll never find someone who will truly love him for who he is. Make that change, guys!

The last little info I wanted to include was just that he's a pretty interesting character to play. And by that I mean that his traits are interesting. For example, I wanted him to be hot headed. Like, he's mad at the way others have treated him in the past. He's kept it all bottled up inside, so, at any point, he'll just blow up. He also ponders the meaning of life a LOT. It's kind of depressing. He's also a hopeless romantic, so he wants to find someone to make a connection with. Every trait I picked was especially important for this character. I put a lot of thought into it.

And, finally, what you've all been waiting for!

Byron Grotesque

Screenshot-117_zps3dfea77f.jpg

Screenshot-120_zps0092f20c.jpg

Screenshot-112_zps57117c79.jpg

Screenshot-122_zpsfec02cda.jpg

Screenshot-123_zpsae55466d.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Finally, I'm at the end of my studio (at least for the moment). Hopefully, I'll have time to create a new sim, soon. School is probably going to be a little easier this next semester, so I think I'll have more time....

Anyway, this next sim, like Elliot, was inspired by the university ep, but this time I wanted this sim to be a lazy, video game playing, loser.

Greg Brochman

Screenshot-10_zps68cef40a.jpg

Screenshot-9_zpsfb929d29.jpg

This might sound odd, but I'm very pleased with the way his nose turned out. That is all. :lol:
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    These lastest sims that you have posted are great :) Great background details story to Byron ! He would be an interesting and great sim to play in our games.
  • Options
    guzzi15guzzi15 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited May 2014
    Lovin all these awesome sims! Every one is so different and their stories are great! Can't wait to see the next one :)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    guzzi15 wrote:
    Lovin all these awesome sims! Every one is so different and their stories are great! Can't wait to see the next one :)

Oh wow! Thank you! I didn't expect to see you on here. :lol:

I must think of new sims to create, now, but I don't have too many great ideas, at the moment. I thought of making a broken doll, but, argh, I'm so picky with my sims faces that every time I go into CAS, I leave without making any sims. :x

In the meantime, I'm just gonna bump this up and if anyone wants to take a gander... :wink:
  • Options
    sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    edited May 2014

HA! At one point I made Flo too! She never ended up on the exchange... but that hairstyle was PERFECT for making Flo! Great Job on her! I'm not even through all your creations, but I had to stop at Flo to leave this comment! LOL
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
  • Options
    sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    edited May 2014
    I finished going through the thread and you have done such a good job on all your sims! :)
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I finished going through the thread and you have done such a good job on all your sims! :)

Thank you! :D I hope to get back to creating, soon.

Edit

:oops: I skipped over this...
    HA! At one point I made Flo too! She never ended up on the exchange... but that hairstyle was PERFECT for making Flo! Great Job on her! I'm not even through all your creations, but I had to stop at Flo to leave this comment! LOL

Hahaha. Thanks. I totally agree. That hair is perfect!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Oh my! :oops: :oops: :oops: I missed this, too!
    rosemow wrote:
    These lastest sims that you have posted are great :) Great background details story to Byron ! He would be an interesting and great sim to play in our games.

Thank you, rosemow! :-) Byron was fun to create, after I chucked the other idea, of course. Maybe I'll try the emo guy again sometime, but, as of right now, I'm thinking of doing...

broken doll (if I can figure out the makeup :roll: ),
    pilot/adventurer/ Amelia Earhart sim (I want to get World Adventures first, though, so that this sim will have a certain trait :wink: )
    Genie
    Some type of fairy
    emo?

:lol: I don't know. We'll see what happens.
  • Options
    I'm baaaaaaaackkk! ;):D

8 Castaway Cove/ Heavenly Home Revamp

It's been a while since I've enjoyed sims this much. <3

I basically gutted the whole house, added two floors and created an outdoor pool. Oh, and changed the wallpaper/siding (whatever) outside. Yeah, I feel like I did it wrong. I mean, is it supposed to have white stripes across all the floors? If you have an idea what it could be, please let me know. I always have a hard time figuring out the walls and floorings/ceilings , especially if it's a set.

Screenshot-207_zpse6c5efad.jpg?t=1419790058

First floor took me ages to create because I couldn't decide what I wanted to do with the kitchen walls and how that would flow with the rest of the first floor. I'm surprised I didn't just scrap the whole thing. It took me so long. Originally, it looked too industrial for Sunlit Tides (yeah, I'm gonna rock that look when I get Nightlife or whatever you call it (I dunno if I mixed TS3 with TS2 *shrugs*), but then I started working with store items and I think it looks great. Much better in game than my pics turned out, I think.... That's why I messed around with these screenshots a bit.

d7954fa7-a6ee-4318-96cd-a0b268c7222a_zps24b928b7.jpg?t=1419791002

The second floor is the most boring of all. It consists mostly of two, tiny bedrooms. I'm usually good with figuring them out, but there wasn't much room to work with, so I made it very simple. Btw, you can do whatever you want with this build, but merging these two bedrooms into a bigger one might just be the best option of all, you know? ;)

Screenshot-203_zps8ebee945.jpg?t=1419791005

The only bathroom in the house...

Screenshot-204_zps9aa8b58e.jpg?t=1419791005

See, with much more space, I can do a lot. Now, it takes real talent to work something out with the other two bedrooms, but, as you saw above, I don't have that talent. Hehe. :p

Screenshot-200_zpsdcdc2f03.jpg?t=1419791005

I usually don't build pools or have my sims swim, but this is, after all, Sunlit Tides we're talking about. B)
    Screenshot-194_zps332a320a.jpg?t=1419791245

Hope You like!