Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HELP!! I can't switch back to my main household!

I wasn't sure what section to put this under but I'm playing pets so I'm putting it here. I have a family that has 4 kids and 2 of them are married and moved out so occasionally I switch back and forth between them. I spent a few days longer than I planned with my sim's son because he had twins but then when I went into "edit town" and clicked on my main house, it didn't give me the option to switch back. It's allowing me to switch to every other house in town including my sim's daughter's, just not this one.

I've tried copying the family and even more complicated things like adding one of the members of my main household to my son's and then trying to move her to the clipboard and back into the main house, but any time I try either of these things my game gets stuck processing and I have to shut the whole thing down.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm really devastated because I have a full house of people and my girlfriend and I have worked really hard on this family.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited April 2014
    you could try to reset the sims in the household while in another household... or maybe try evicting the family from the house and then moving them into another house, if you do not have Nrass overwatch, i suggest getting this if your game has been going on for a long time with story progression enabled....
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • allisoniraheta10allisoniraheta10 Posts: 43 Member
    edited April 2014
    I tried the first one and that didn't seem to work, and I would try evicting them but I don't have that option either. The only options are "save copy to library", "share", and "edit details", but when I try to copy the family the whole thing shuts down.

also, what is Nrass overwatch?
    edited April 2014
    Nrass Overwatch is a mod that will clean up your world while you play, and fix stuck sims and stuck vehicles and place them in a safe zone unstuck, it will make sure other sims don't leave things on, like tv's and stuff, it will make sure inventories don't overflow, because if you have too many things in your inventory it slows down the game, it cleans up zombies if you have them in your game, just stuff like that, it does it all on its own...
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
    edited May 2014
    Ok so I installed Nraas Overwatch but it doesn't seem to be helping. I still don't have the option to switch to the household or evict or merge or anything, and when I try to do one of the other things like add a member from that household to my current and then move them to the clipboard, the processing never ends and the game crashes. Any thoughts?
    edited May 2014
    Ok so I installed Nraas Overwatch but it doesn't seem to be helping. I still don't have the option to switch to the household or evict or merge or anything, and when I try to do one of the other things like add a member from that household to my current and then move them to the clipboard, the processing never ends and the game crashes. Any thoughts?
  • SummerskydreamerSummerskydreamer Posts: 1,681 Member
    edited May 2014
    Hello i saw your post and thought i could help you out as well.See when i edit my town i do see some families that do the same as yours not being able to evict or merge.So what i do is i go to say family a that i can not merge or evict.I then go to family b find i can evict them or merge.I then click on family b say merge then go back to family a's house.I then can merge families.This is how i get around the disappeared eviction or merging icons.I hope this helped you out.
    edited May 2014
    Thank you so much for your reply. Unfortunately I tried that and it didn't work >_<.
    I don't know what to do.
    My girlfriend and I spent so much time on this family I can't bear to lose it.
    edited May 2014
    It seems like I have so many options of how to solve this problem but no matter what I try the game just gets stuck in the processing stage and stops responding. Does anyone have any thoughts on why this might be happening?
    edited May 2014
    Hmm, I have another idea...

Its a bit risky, but it might help you get your sims out of there.

If you have another Nrass mod, called Master Controller, and i also suggest grabbing portrait panel aswell from nrass, and add them into your mods. you can cheat this out very easy

so with master controller, your given the power to break your house limit. Thus being able to have as many sims of any form in your home, tho after you cap the default limit you need to cheat to get over your playable sim limit, with portrait panel you dont need to worry about not being able to select them.

So essentially you can play your playable family, and use one of your sims to visit or invite someone from your unplayable family over.

you can then use the nrass master controller menu to force add the sim your shift clicking on, to your current active family.

now here is the thing i am not certain about, since theres no loading or saving during this process, be very careful you don't save once you get these sims in your family, because you do not know why your other family was rendered unplayable. I think once you grab them you should then move them out into another house or empty lot, and then see if you can play that lot, if you can, then i think it is safe to say, your family is saved, and you should burn down the evil broken lot. XD

I hope this can help you!
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • carolinecassity1carolinecassity1 Posts: 3
    edited May 2014
    What you do is, you go into edit town from the three dots; … <- those and go to edit town, go to your "active household" (the one that won't switch back), and check it to active household! Hope this helps! :)
  • BeccaaaaBeccaaaa Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi i read every comment and the exact same thing happened to me- the big family, trying to control the different sibling's households and having a baby etc. Like the original problem, the only options i had when i went into Edit Town mode was save copy to library, share etc. I tried everything, including things from other forums but in the end nothing worked and i just had to result to deleting my game because of how messed up it was after trying all of the solutions
  • Katiana93Katiana93 Posts: 2 New Member
    So, I had this same exact problem. What I did was I bulldozed the building and by doing so evicted my family that I couldn't switch to. I evicted them but it gives you the option to evict them, but with a copy of the house. After bulldozing the game leaves the family available to place in a new lot with the home, and all I did was put the building back exactly where it was, and I could switch to the household again. Try it and see if it work for you too.

:) ;) B) o:)
  • ToniloveeTonilovee Posts: 2 New Member
    This is late but I just had this issue and this is how I fixed mine for anybody still wondering.

So I had this guy I was trying to marry but he was never home and couldn't find him anywhere, so I switched to his household and had him get to know my girl. Anyways when I went to switch back to my main girl, it wouldn't give me the option! Same as this person's issue. I reset the sims, turned game on and off and still didn't work. So what I did was use the guys household to merge and chose my main household, switched her over to his household and then moved out setting my main as the current household and voila! It worked. Won't be changing households again though!
  • ShaydeweyShaydewey Posts: 1 New Member
    I had the same problem and what I did to fix it was bulldoze the lot and then a notification comes and and it says that if I want to evict the household onto my clipboard and you say yes. It then bulldozes the lot (make sure to copy to clipboard with the house) and the household shows up in my clipboard and then you simply put them back on that same lot and all the options will come back.