Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UNDELETABLE STORE COLLECTION FOLDERS BUG MADE WORSE WITH PATCH 1.63

13...Next

Comments

• ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited December 2013
    Well, at least I don't have to worry about Roaring Heights or The Boardwalk installing itself as Collection Folders. For now... if a patch comes out that says it fixes this problem, and the more recent stuff I've purchased ends up reviving this bug, it's not going to be pretty for my OCD.
  • Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited December 2013
    This issue needs to be taken care of (along with many others) I really wish they would give us a estimate on the next patch that will resolve these things.
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
    edited January 2014
    Looks like the new Lunar New Year set added it to my list of Store Collection folders...
  • Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited January 2014
    In light of the recent events that took place yesterday at EA Salt Lake, It has become apparent that the "EA Fat Cat's" feel as though their wallets are not being padded enough. They don't care about anything else. I do believe that the "stuck" collection icons, non-flowing fountains, and many other issues are going to be un-resolved.
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
    edited February 2014
    Tiki5872 wrote:
    In light of the recent events that took place yesterday at EA Salt Lake, [...]
    Huh? Enlighten me. I'm out of the loop.
  • pegasas1993pegasas1993 Posts: 4,856 Member
    edited February 2014
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    Huh? Enlighten me. I'm out of the loop.

Just read the latest articles on SimsVIP. It's sad to see team members being fired one after another.
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    edited February 2014
    I'm afraid that this bug/issue will never get fixed... :(
    Maybe there a mod that another simmer/modder could create to fix this too? That's what had to be done to fix the broken fountains and corn... Kinda sad though if that's the only way we get the issue resolved though.
  • FishkickingGiraffeFishkickingGiraffe Posts: 544 Member
    edited February 2014
    Ditto everything! I wondered where they were coming from to start with and with some sets it did seem like a good idea. But that was all it was as they're incomplete collections and invariably the thing I'm looking for isn't there. And why CAS collections? Useless and annoying, like the 6 minute setting on a toaster, never used. I'd hope for a fix but I'm guessing that's not going to happen. Maybe just something to get rid of the whole shebang and leave us with EP/SP collections and our own?

Nice to know that it's not me going mad though. I really started questioning my sanity when I was looking for items of those collection folders and couldn't find them. Did I make the items up? Were they in TS2 and I just thought I'd seen them in this game? If nothing else this thread as helped me realise that some of the things I don't see really aren't there :)
    edited February 2014
    And the Homecoming CAS set I was gifted in celebration of The Sims' 14th Birthday has added itself to the ever-growing list...
  • c_ferrisc_ferris Posts: 4 New Member
    edited February 2014
    Potential fix:
    I disabled the internet before starting my game and none of the store folders showed up. I know this is not an ideal solution for those who use the game's social features or surf the web while playing, but a least it is possible.
    edited February 2014
    c_ferris wrote:
    Potential fix:
    I disabled the internet before starting my game and none of the store folders showed up. I know this is not an ideal solution for those who use the game's social features or surf the web while playing, but a least it is possible.
    That doesn't work on my end. The DLC Collection folders are still there regardless on what my internet connection is when I start the game.

Speaking of, the Prism Art School has added itself to my list as well... :roll: This is starting to become quite the annoying end to an already frustrating chapter in The Sims franchise.
  • CupofJoCupofJo Posts: 8 New Member
    edited February 2014
    I hope I have a solution for everyone. I once downloaded some collection files from the simalogue and I had the same problem, I could delete a folder but then the next time I reloaded my game it was back. I don't know if the store collection files are stored in the same place that I put those files in but we'll see. I went into the sims 3 folder in my documents and then into the collections folder, then the user folder, and deleted them. And voila la! They were gone! (you should just remove them first incase it doesn't work) If it does work, you can rebuild the collections yourself or find out which ones are the culprits. It also sounds like you might have to do this every time you download from the store. If this is true, my suggestion would be AFTER you rebuild or find the culprits, save the files from the user folder into their own folder somewhere not in the The Sims 3 folder. And every time you download a new set from the store, delete all of the collections in the user folder to get rid of the new store collection file, and then copy all of the files from the folder you saved them in and paste them into the user folder. And then, just make your own collection folder of the new store set and re copy the files to include the new one you just made of the new store set and copy those to the folder you made.

I really hope this helps and isn't confusing to anyone! I'm so sorry if it is! Good luck! :thumbup:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    Hi!
    I know, that I'm reviving old thread, but this isn't my fail, that this bug isn't still fixed.
    According with this message of @Tiki5872 ,
    Duke of Bows Ren Faire has undeletable collections,
    but according with Dragon Valley world Store page, black dragon will not be unlocked if we don't install both sets
    Players who have The Sims™ 3 Dragon Valley and The Duke of Bows Renaissance Faire Venue installed will unlock an exclusive Black Dragon! The Black Dragon gives your Sim even more mischievous power by allowing you to create a haunt, cast a curse, and help you deal with death.
    For this I don't think, that it is correct thing to do - uninstall set in this case, as I've read here in @Valgon57 message (Nothing against to you, Valgon, I appreciate really yours individual links discovery, it helps me so much!) and I think, if I'll install only individual items from this venue (all available for this venue), black dragon will not show.
    I'm not able even to add missing items in it (collection is incomplete), change image on it with Collection Tweaker (it shows still red X on it) and as someone said, it turns still in front of my collections (without missing items, what I've previously added in).
    Solution of Cupofjo hasn't worked for me too - I've replaced all content in Collections folder with my previous backup, but after loading the game there was this buggy incomplete collection.
    I've even attempted to rename my own collection created for RenVenue on coll_0x1a95006cdebfc520.package (name of this collection shown from my previous installation, when I've searched to edit it with Collection Tweaker), but after loading the game it was there again (together with mine collection).
    Is there some solution, please, how we can have Black dragon (Dragon Valley + The Duke of Bows Renaissance Faire Venue) without this incomplete uneditable collection file in front of ours collections?
    Agree with this message of @Stablehand6 - unfixed TS3 was biggest reason, why I've deleted my TS4 preorder by Gamestop.
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited April 2015
    Hi, a part of list of @Tiki5872:
    Back 2 Skool
    Date Night
    Everyday- Cool Summer Nights
    Loud, Fast, Clash- Attire
    Street Couture
    Top O' the Tots Hairstyles and Headwear
    Luxe Kidswear
    Dreams of India
    Jet Set Teens
    Fanciful Fashions and Hairstyles
    Luxury Resort Attire
    Grim's Ghastly Manor
    Jet Set
    The Jazz Age Wear
    Everyday Casual Chic
    The Coffee Bean Hipster Loft
    Farm Fresh Folk Set
    Fifth Avenue Fashions
    Skylight Studio For the Performing Arts
    Runway Riot
    Jet Set Elders
    Victorian Fashions
    Business As Usual Bistro
    Duke of Bows Ren Faire
    Country Livin
    Ragtime In the Big Easy
    Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes
    Romanza Bridal Party
    Boho Vintage Women's Collection
    Surfs Up Sun and Fun Collection
    Stones Throw Greenhouse
    Vineyard Villa's Furnishings
    Street Couture- Kids & Teens
    Everyday- Hot Summer Days
    - I have found another undeletable collection in my game (fresh install):
    Grandpa's Grove.
    I have also added links for Store download pages, because I don't wanted overlook nothing (my game don't uses english and this isn't my native language). Those sims3packs are usefull, if someone follows Valgon57's advices and wants uninstall those collections from launcher as I'm doing (I'm unable to complete those and they are still di front of mine created=most used collections) - except Duke of Bows Ren Faire Venue (because I wanna have in my Draggon Valley all 4 types of dragons).
    Thank you at all precious advices in this topic, which are helping me with my new fresh store-reinstall. ♡
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).