Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fast Lane, Katy Perry, or Diesel?

Hey guys, so I'm not particularly interested in ANY of these Stuff Packs, but because I'm a huge sims fan, I strive to collect all Expansion and Stuff Packs. These are the only three I don't own. To be honest, Katy Perry is the one that I will most likely end up purchasing LAST. Why? Because I'm a Rock and Heavy Metal kind of person, and having that in my house is an abomination. Even though Diesel is really crappy (I've watched reviews), Its probably my favorite of the lot. I'm not really a car person, so I'm not quite sure about Fast Lane. Suggestions? Thanks!

Comments

• Slippy64653Slippy64653 Posts: 464 Member
    edited September 2013
    Diesel for sure. Katy Perry Sweet Treats is also apparently not being made anymore. And Fast Lane stuff comes with new cars but they are all very expensive and not something a normal sim would have, maybe in Starlight Shores it would fit it. While Diesel comes with very nice stuff and, lots, and lots, of jeans. I haven't seen any bad reviews about it.
  • badgyrl_310badgyrl_310 Posts: 198 Member
    edited December 2013
    I would have to agree that Diesel, hands down, is the best of the bunch, it's the only one of the 3 I own. I have 0 interest in Katy Perry and I'm on the fence about Fast Lane. It would be cool to have new cars, but the cars are ugly/not my style. I would only buy FL on sale for like 70% off or something.
  • luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,716 Member
    I love Fast Lanes as I find all the objects so useful in my builds and I do like cars. I recently created a Fast Lanes Salon and I think its cool : )
  • HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    diesel
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • fionaloveserranofionaloveserrano Posts: 584 Member
    Katy Perry Sweet Treats is not made anymore. But I like it. I am also a huge Katy Perry fan so I would like it more than other people do. Diesels clothes look awesome in my opinion and I'd put it on a lot of my sims. Fast Lane also has a few really cool clothing items that'd be worth it (to me) and the cars are super cool. In the end it's up to you!! :)
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I did like Diesel but my favorites were Outdoor Living and Movie Stuff. I wouldn't take the KPST pack if Maxis gift wrapped it and mailed it to me. I'd write return to sender and put it back in the mailbox.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited June 2016
    1. Fast Lane - cars !
    2. Diesel - everyday clothing, jeans !
    3. Katy Perry - crazy objects :grimace:

what i still don't own is Movie & 70's, 80's, 90's

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited June 2016
    I actually use the Fast Lane stuff more often than I had expected - some of the cars are very nice. Diesel has my favorite pair of underwear, however, so it's a tossup. :D

I don't think I'll need Katy Perry until my Witch elder moves out to the woods and needs to decorate a house to attract lost children she can eat. ;)
  • MACRONAUTMACRONAUT Posts: 200 Member
    I have all stuff packs, what I use from these 3 is follows.

Fast Lane - The garage clutter stuff, useful for decorating inventors workshops. Hardly ever use the cars.

Diesel - The jeans have nice textures so I use those on my trend setting or rock sims. But the clothing with writing on bugs me, since its in english not simish.

Katy Perry - Rarely use this, since its style is so... unique. Some items for decorating a girls bedroom or maybe a coffee shop type place. Maybe the outfits for sims in the entertainment career. What bothers me is the clothing enabled as random, so paparazzi in cupcake bras is fairly common.
  • hapsleyhapsley Posts: 9 New Member
    I'm going to throw my vote towards Diesel, though Fast Lane is good too.

I'm not a huge fan of the Katy Perry stuff pack.
  • Crystal1976Crystal1976 Posts: 154 Member
    I have none of the three, but despite my large distaste for Katy Perry, I would still pick that. Maybe just something about candy shaped furniture appeals to me.
    Second, I would purchase Diesel, because of the theme. The Fast Lane theme is amazing, but it just seems like a bunch of expensive cars I wouldn't have time for my sim to save up for.
    F1%2BGTR%2Bcrash.gif

"Whoops!"
    -Nick Mason (Official)
  • KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    Fast Lane has great stuff for decorating your garage or toolshed. And some pretty useful clothes and shoes, some nice deco items and a few decent cars. And a motorcycle.

Diesel is OK, but some of it looks very photoshopped, and I don't use non-Simlish logos so half the clothes are useless for me. I use more clothes from Fast Lane than from Diesel. And I really don't like the objects in Diesel.
  • Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    Fast Lane for build/buy mode. The objects have a 50s America theme to them (great for diners!) and there is plenty of things added for your garage.

Diesel is best for CAS. The clothing is very modern and trendy and I find that it helps with creating a more realistic world as many of the items exist IRL.

Katy Perry if you are mad.
  • HeyyysimsHeyyysims Posts: 251 Member
    Save your money, those were the worst stuff packs. IF I had to chose I would say Diesel or Fast lane.
    Download Celebrity Sims on my Blog: https://moongalaxysims.com
  • baturhulyabaturhulya Posts: 198 Member
    I also would say Fast Lane for build stuff and Diesel for CAS.
  • mooredt21mooredt21 Posts: 1,105 Member
    I have them all and surprisingly enjoy KPST on occasion. There are some really cool items to make retro ice cream shops and the stuff even fits in Lucky Palms. I hope you get them all.
    <----LOQUACIOUS LURKER HERE

***Please bring back Sims 2 style storytelling features and make them publishable.***
    edited September 2016
    I prefer KPST to Diesel any day. Just to make ice cream shops, over-the-top kids' rooms, etc. I love the themed playground stuff, it works really great in combination with amusementpark related content (like the roller coaster or the carousel lot).

My Empress of Evil actually decorated her whole houseboat with candy-themed items. It's the best way to keep people from guessing who she really is. (Of course she does need to work on the whole 'red glow' issue... LOL!!)
  • LaynielouxuLaynielouxu Posts: 443 Member
    @luckyheather and @badgyrl_310 I love both your avatars!!!

OP I have all of the eps and sps, I would say fast lane for me personally, I like the cars a lot. I would say then diesel and of course last is the katy perry altho my kid would strongly disagree with that! :D I am also into heavy rock and metal :D Rammstein für immer <3 \m/
    Ah, but an appreciation for Rammstein doesn't necessarily mean a dislike for candy-themed furniture. :wink:
    (I love Disturbed. And Rammstein. And I still prefer KPST over Diesel. :blush: )
  • PhoibePhoibe Posts: 66 Member
    I would say Diesel. But Katy Perry and Fast Lane are great too.

By the way, I really love Disturbed! :)
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    get diesel its way better!
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Diesel.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited September 2016
    Fast Lane : I am not a really car person I just like car tuning from time to time but I appreciate the new trait and everything for decorating a garage and you got a bar with and some cool objects.
    Katy Perry : I am not into a really kawaii girl except from time to time and I am not a fan of Katy Perry ,I barely know her except one or two songs of her, but you have a park, a arcade bar and a pool , what people call venues I am right?
    Diesel : More for the furnitures than the clothes.
    But none of them suits really you,depend on what you play the game .
    Or if you are very unconfortable with, just skip them.Honestely the sims lacks of dark stuffs.I am not into rock and roll and Gothism.

Sorry for bumping this old conversation but if someone also wonders.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • XannahXannah Posts: 42 Member
    In my opinion, I would go for Diesel, then Fast Lane and last, Katy Perry (if there's no other chance than buying it).

I don't like clothing trademarks and, firstly, I thought Diesel would be a pack I wouldn't like to acquire. But I finaly bought it in sales and didn't regret it, as there're a lot of hoodies, jeans and other casual clothes I like to use. Fast Lane adds some items that will help you to decor a proper garage. And if you're a fan of the Inventor's profession from Ambitions EP, you'll be happy to use that stuff to create a proper workshop for your sim to work in a more suitable place.
    Banner004.jpg
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Fast Lane. Despite the cars being expensive, their speeds are fast and takes me to where I need to go quicker.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀