Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Las Palomas - Coastal Mexican World

Currently Junceda, Tangie, JodiRebby, Amonovas, Nilxis and me are building a Mexico-themed world with an urban area based on Coyoacan (a district of Mexico D.F.) adjoining a nearby market town, and a coastal area based on Campeche. Ancient ruins based on Olmec, Mayan, Teotihuacano, and Aztec culture will be added also.

The landscape will be green and tropical.

Current EP's Being used:

World Adventures
Ambitions
Late Night
Generations
Pets
Showtime
Supernatural
University Life
Island Paradise

(Seasons will later be added to this list)

Store content: Monte Vista

No SP content
No CC, however recolors will be used.

Comments

• Zach_BundyZach_Bundy Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited December 2013
    Current lot assignments in Beta world:

Lot numbers are assigned in Roman numerals:

Junceda:

JodiRebby: V [5], XIII [13] Both are Coyoacan-based urban homes.

Tangie:

Nilxis:

Goldysch: Apt XXI

screenshot_original.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited November 2013
    Reserved
    edited November 2013
    Reserved
    edited November 2013
    Reserved
  • flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited November 2013
    Looking forward to this Zach! if it is even half as good as Al Medina it will still be AWESOME!
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

edited November 2013
    Thanks flstrider! This world will be built a lot faster I think, and it'll also have a lot of love put in
    edited November 2013
    Junceda, the lot that is given for the Palacio de Bellas Artes is a bit small, but I think it can work.

If it's just too small for you to build on it, then we can instead use Frida Kahlo's house as an art museum
    edited November 2013
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByU5kIrWeU49aDdhUHc3WDlWdnM/edit?usp=sharing

This is the link to download the beta so you guys can build
    edited November 2013
    Here are some ideas for items that are extremely common in Mexico:

creeks_running_in_maya_land.jpg

Angular patterns like this are very traditional in woven goods

gallery18-300.jpg

I guess there's more we can do with wicker than we might think!

blue-and-white-pottery-mexico-john-mitchell.jpg

Blue and white pottery

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrHsFTD8VPqMRY1KXefVeMuYN3cO8ZiUjNoI9-TpOMeoGK-7MdQw

These papier mache figurines are called Alebrijes. I have my room decorated with some and I adore them!

saltillo-tiles.jpg

For the terra cotta tiles in the houses I've finished so far, I've used the plastics section so that the floor reflects light. That way, it looks like they've been kiln-fired.

kitchen-backsplash-talavera-angeles-mexican-tile.jpg

Tile accents
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited November 2013
    WOW!! New thread, well done Zach

I am at your orders I´ll do my best, it is your world and I am so glad to be part of it, I know you can speak spanish so I say "donde hay patrón no manda marinero"* thankyou very much for sharing your Project

*(where there is a captain, sailors don´t give orders)

BTW I love the name
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
    edited November 2013
    Oh My! it looks great by now
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

edited November 2013
    Thanks Junceda! Spanish is definitely a more expressive language than English. "The Doves" just doesn't do it for me haha.

Plus I was thinking of the Mexican folk song "La Paloma Negra"
  • despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    edited November 2013
    Glad to see you've started a separate thread for your new world, Zach :D . I'll be lurking and looking as you all progress.
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • JodiRebbyJodiRebby Posts: 1,649 Member
    edited November 2013
    Will definitely try the plastics tip to get the right look. More tips would definitely be welcome. I'll post them as well if I got any good ones that I stumble on in the process of building.

I like the tile work and the other pics too.

With Island Paradise, we can have functioning, usable rowboats. Definitely we could create fisherman Sims. Like in the picture. :-)

Hmmm .... I kinda think the Casa Azul should be a museum, because that is what it is in real life. C: *swoons when imagining tourists visiting Casa Azul in the game, just as in the real world :XD:*
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited November 2013
    I have a soft spot for all the places you guys are mentioning because I spent two months last year going and seeing all of them! This'll be interesting for me because of that
  • JodiRebbyJodiRebby Posts: 1,649 Member
    edited November 2013
    (:

Love the name by the way. :thumbup:

I think I'm going to post preliminary pics here so changes can be made. Feedback is always welcome! Hopefully I got the interpretation right.
    edited November 2013
    Good to hear! I'm excited for your pics.
  • gaa17gaa17 Posts: 846 Member
    edited November 2013
    This project looks awesome! As someone from the border (TX/Mex) I will def being following this to see how it turns out. Fyi, I currently have Diego Rivera and Frida Kahlo in my sims studio that I made for a contest, but they both have CC. I can't wait to place them in a proper Mexican world instead of Lucky Palms. :D

**here's the link to the photo album I made: http://imgur.com/a/WhXkW
    edited November 2013
    That's cool! I think the thing I love most about Frida's art is that her colors each are supposed to mean certain things to her, which adds to how personal it is.

I was thinking that maybe we could make recolors of of her portraits and put them in her Casa Azul! That'd add a big degree of authenticity
  • NilxisNilxis Posts: 596 Member
    edited November 2013
    I would love to build a colonial church or an ancient temple or tomb for this world if that's fine :D

Edit: Great idea to make recolors of her portraits, I did the same with Dalí's house in my world Empordà and that added a very nice touch to the house :)
    edited November 2013
    Hi guys!

I placed this lot "The Wallart market" made by ZooU Students Team, it is a gorgeouse work with plenty of creations of wall art that can be used once installed for building purpposes but sadly all the wall art has not exported with CAW,

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7727117#

Screenshot-228.jpg"width=700"

Screenshot-226-1.jpg"width=700"

Don´t miss the beautifull details in this thread

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/718843.page

How did you get your portraits with Empordá world?
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

edited November 2013
    Hi Nilxis! You can absolutely build a church for the world! I've marked the space in the Beta with the word "Catedral" in yellow.

I'm gonna hold off on the offer for the temple right now. The reason is because I wanna do a bit more work on what I have right now, and see if I can do a collaboration with xsorcier and aminovas and Reachsims.

For the design of the church, I'd like for it to either be based (loosely) on the Cathedral at the zocalo, or one of the more colorful ones in Coyoacan.

Technically there's no worship in this game, so I'll be classifying it as a library just like I did in Al Medina. In that case it would be nice for it to have an Annex with bookshelves for reading. A little confession booth, an altar, pews, prayer candles, and maybe a wedding arch might be nice touches.

Hopefully this can be done in that space, but if there isn't enough room, then I have added a lot next to it that you can use. (The lot furthest from the coast)

Thank you so much for helping on this world!
  • NilxisNilxis Posts: 596 Member
    edited November 2013
    junceda wrote:
    How did you get your portraits with Empordá world?

I made a recolor of one of the base game's paintings following the typical recolor method so it was a permenent change only for this world :wink: I'm not sure if Zach wants to to it this way.
    edited November 2013
    I like that lot junceda! I was thinking of including art in the big market that I'll be working on later. For now, I'll focus on sculpting.

I'm drawing floor plans for the market as we speak!
    edited November 2013
    I'm fine with recolors using the method you describe. We did that for stuff in Al Medina.

Recolor to your heart's content!

Just no CC objects though.

I have every EP minus seasons, future, and island paradise. I do plan on eventually getting IP and Seasons for this world though.