Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Release the Kraken...(or not)?!

I got the Friend of the Kraken lifetime reward, and I'm having a big problem getting it work on anyone.

I click on boats that are moving and it says "The Kraken doesn't seem to be able to attack this boat." Some boats are often in too shallow water, which makes sense, but very few Sims seem to go out to the open ocean. Even when they do, I still get it as they are driving...so I'm wondering if the boat has to be stationary in order for the Kraken to be able to attack it. In which case, how bloody useless, because none of the Sims around town ever randomly stop in the middle of the ocean. They're always driving somewhere, and they rarely venture very far from shore.

Any help, tips or advice?! I was really looking forward to seeing the Kraken and setting it on people, but it seems like that won't be happening anytime soon...

Comments

• YourLoversLoverYourLoversLover Posts: 266 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I followed a boat with two ppl in it till it stopped at a dive site. Only one person got out so it stayed for a bit and I was able to click release the Kraken. All it did was take my sim to the nearest shore then she stood there doing nothing. I hit it again and still nothing happened. Go to try it again and the option is grayed out. Something is definitely weird with this feature.
  • smilies246smilies246 Posts: 556 New Member
    edited June 2013
    You should be able to use it on any moving boat, and it makes the sims in it cancel their actions and die!!! Mwah hah hah!!!!!
  • YourLoversLoverYourLoversLover Posts: 266 New Member
    edited June 2013
    smilies246 wrote:
    You should be able to use it on any moving boat, and it makes the sims in it cancel their actions and die!!! Mwah hah hah!!!!!
    When you say "you should be able to..." Are you saying we have a bug oe that EA should have made it so that's what happens?
  • afpickrenafpickren Posts: 220 Member
    edited June 2013
    I'm having the same issue. Haven't got it to work ONCE. Maybe it's a bug.
    Origin ID: TitanSimmer
    Twitter: TitanSimmer
    Tumblr: TitanSimmer
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited June 2013
    Have you tried at the dive spots? I've noticed that often times, once my Sim gets out of his/her boat and starts to scuba dive, other boats show up and stop nearby.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • afpickrenafpickren Posts: 220 Member
    edited June 2013
    Yep, tried that to no avail :(
    Origin ID: TitanSimmer
    Twitter: TitanSimmer
    Tumblr: TitanSimmer
  • lawrieeelawrieee Posts: 7
    edited July 2013
    Has anyone managed it yet? I still can't manage to wreak havoc :(

• MooseJooseMooseJoose Posts: 4 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I have the same problem, it's like the kraken doesn't exist for some awkward reason...
  • conundrum_dragonconundrum_dragon Posts: 794 Member
    edited July 2013
    I have not been able to get it to work in my game yet either, I have not even seen the Kraken in my game yet.
  • reda03reda03 Posts: 15
    edited August 2013
    i cant get the kraken life time wish to work either smh i wasted all my lifetime points on that one wish an it wont get granted smh thanks alot ea :roll:
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    edited August 2013
    My Sim also has the Kraken life time wish and I have had not luck either with using this feature.
  • lucie_1011_sims3lucie_1011_sims3 Posts: 17
    edited September 2013
    It worked once when I released it on a member from my household, but other than that is has never worked for me!! :shock: :(:(
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    edited September 2013
    As part of a story, I had to have a couple get attacked by the kraken. I had another person move in with them & get the lifetime wish. Then, made them stop in the middle of the ocean (from what I've read, the depth of the ocean and they have to be sitting still is what the keys are).

So, I did it once and I had my pause & "c" buttons ready for pictures. Unfortunately, it happened WAY too fast. So, I had to do it multiple times until I finally was able to get pictures. It takes FOREVER because once an attack happens, you can't have the kraken attack for another 24 sim hours. So, I finally got smart, had my people all ready, saved the game, then clicked attack. Then, if it was too fast, I'd just reload my game (without saving it) and attack again.

I finally got my shots for my story! Here's just one:

14j2qdw.jpg
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • thevogelthevogel Posts: 753 Member
    edited September 2013
    That is an awesome photo!!!!!
  • PulversoppaPulversoppa Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited September 2013
    Depth and to have enough space is needed, yup. Go "far out" and then an idle boat can be attacked.
    "They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."
  • Sarabug2534Sarabug2534 Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    The boat has to be stopped
  • aubsupernovaaubsupernova Posts: 11 New Member
    edited May 2014
    I've tried just about everything. I've even tried sending one of my own sims from my household out to diving spots and to deep depths of the ocean and it still has done nothing.
  • Elenagilbert02Elenagilbert02 Posts: 1
    edited June 2014
    i need help too i have tried everything and the kraken doesnt attack does he even excise i havent seen him yet and my friends havent too :evil:
  • MiztikalMiztikal Posts: 9 New Member
    I have never once gotten the Release The Kraken option to work it is always and I mean always grayed out and I have done everything possible..sim stationary in deep water, fishing, no LTR I placed a character in the waer he did not have the reward...still nothing ..I have been attacked several times..but the action is far far far too quick (pay attention EA...people are not happy here) and I only ever have seen a flash of tentacles, never the whole creature during an attack..unlike the pictures you see online..I think this is another one of those features in the Sims expansions that the game developers have neglected in their updates. How many of you have Generations and never use the stupid costume trunk because they have never once added to or changed the REALLY lame costumes?
    I think this is obnoxious....we buy these expansions FOR THE FEATURES!!!! And it seems like the best ones are unusable :-( what's the deal EA? I have several game play features missing from Generations at least... and my mermaids in Island Paradise lost their tails >:-( too many issues
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited September 2017
    @Miztikal - I don't usually go around making boatloads (pun intended) of excuses for EA, but in case you were not aware Island Paradise was the next to last EP that was released, and this was back in 2013. That's pretty late in the game's development cycle, there really weren't very many meaningful patches after that one. The last patch that truly impacted the game files was in Jan 2014, coming up on four years ago now. There hasn't been a TS3 development team in place to fix the remaining bugs and glitches since then, and from all accounts there isn't going to be.

I'm afraid the game is what it is right now and there's no reason to expect that will ever change. Those of us who still love playing it whether we bought it yesterday or many years ago have to find ways to work around the features that just don't function properly (or at all).

You of course still have the right to be upset if you wish, but posts on this forum aren't really going to reach anyone at EA now. Your audience here is your fellow players plus some community managers (those are EA staff, but they are our moderators not game developers) and a tech guru who swings by occasionally. Without meaning to overstep my bounds, you are kind of yelling at the wrong people here. :/
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    @igazor poo :-(
  • lenka1103lenka1103 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello, I would like to ask. I play the game Sims 3 Island Paradise My Sim has reward friend of the Kraken. And whenever when I give command, to Kraken attacked the ship, the screen stops for five seconds and then runs again and the command disappears. Do not you know what's going on? Thank you in advance for your reply.