Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Zoo U 10: MOO U! Guest Professor:TarynTempestwind_Self-Paced Tutorial--See Post 1

Comments

• ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited July 2013

Class Roster for Lesson Two:
    ZooProfessor3
    Hidehi
    nerdy3000
    suepea
    annin7
    Marit_Watery
    glenkatko
    WrathofCath
    pixsidust2
    KOCHIE1210
    priscapup

You missed me on the roster. :cry: I'll bring sour Jolly Rancher chews! :D

I'm so sorry! I don't know how I lost you, but you are found now and on the roster! And WELCOME! :D

Zoo
    oow785m
    edited July 2013
    Please register me for this course! I took Prof Zoo's bits and basics and loved it. CAn't wait to try these lessons too :D

HI! Welcome back! I'm so glad that you enjoyed my class. Taryn is doing a GREAT job with this one, so I'm really glad you found us again. :mrgreen:
    oow785m
    edited July 2013
    suepea wrote:
    I've posted the first results on my thread if you'd like to check it out. Any comments and feedback is welcome :mrgreen:

I'm just about to post some updates in mine to! You show me yours, and I'll show you mine.

PHOTOS OF HOMEWORK! I mean show me your PHOTOS OF HOMEWORK and I will show you my PHOTOS OF HOMEWORK, of course! :twisted:

Ahem. . . . :roll: Am I interrupting anything?

(^v^)

*uses innocent face that only really ever worked on husband, tries for "puppy eyes"*

What? I was just talking about the homework thread.

*whistles and tries to appear nonchalant...*

Heh, heh! You should be on D.N.A. team e-mail sometimes. I get in trouble. A lot.
    oow785m
    edited July 2013
    suepea wrote:
    Hi y'all :mrgreen:

Updates on my thread here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/45/683196.page#11125132

Spent the am working on a vanity for the upstairs bedroom.

Hope you like!

Now I'm off to visit everyone's threads to see what you are all up to!

☆*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*☆ Sue Pea

I commented on your thread. Things are looking great, Susie P!!
    oow785m
    edited July 2013
    KOCHIE1210 wrote:

WHOOT! Another member for the Blackcat Builder's Team! I will visit your thread and leave comments there.

Zoo
    oow785m
    edited July 2013
    pixsidust2 wrote:
    Got my Homework thread up finally. :) I'm kinda in love with my fireplace. I may have to put something similar into another build soon.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/700174.page#11128303

Welcome to the Blackcat Builder's Team! I commented on your thread (I love your fireplace as well).

Zoo
    oow785m
    edited July 2013
    Taryn,

I've just found your first lesson here and am so inspired by your work. I've dabbled with MOO in the past but your fantastic lesson has just opened up a whole new world of MOOing. I am sooooo inspired!! I've been building a lot and had been relying pretty heavily on CC to achieve the look I wanted but now I'm going to set myself a challenge to make the thing using just MOO.

Thank you so so much.

Nora

PS. Please can I register for lesson 2??

You are registered. WELCOME TO ZOO U!!

Zoo
    oow785m
    edited July 2013
    I posted another pic of my attempts at MOOing. I did a vanity this time.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/699822.page#11129449

Everything is looking good! I commented on your thread.

Zoo
    oow785m
    edited July 2013
    Enroll me for lesson 2 please.=)

DONE! :D
    oow785m
    edited July 2013
    Annin, your living room: OMG!! I commented on your thread.

Zoo
    oow785m
  • t2evans2000t2evans2000 Posts: 45 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I got home from work today and had some spare time before I had to make supper. So I did some more MOOing. So I updated my thread accordingly.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/699822.page#11131991
  • Army008Army008 Posts: 141 Member
    edited July 2013
    can you register me for course 2 please.
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member
    edited July 2013
    Hi Zoo, I have finally managed to sort out my Zoo U homework thread. And although RL is a little too dominant at the moment and I haven't even started to practice my MOOing could you please add me to the team of Blackcat Builders again. Thank you! :D

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/45/688885.page#11133637
  • noracelwynenoracelwyne Posts: 244 Member
    edited July 2013
    You are registered. WELCOME TO ZOO U!!

Zoo

Thank you Zoo!! :D
  • TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited July 2013
    I am working hard on lesson two now! I want you all to know, that you have done amazing MOOing! Whether its matching examples I made to perfection, or branching out with new pieces, or utterly running with the tips you learned and making entirely new items, I think everyone is really understanding the first lessons. Everything I've seen has been fantastic and I am really proud of you, and I know you are proud of each other too.

Therefore, week two is going to move along a little faster. Because now your eyes are sharpened and you can see the MOOing I'm doing and not just take it for granted. So my examples will be shorter. I'll show you a picture if I've hidden an item, or if I've disguised something and why, but I don't think we need 20 pictures of each step. Maybe 3 pictures.

We are going to look at how to decorate bed rooms and bathrooms. I will even go back and just post pictures of some favorite and fun rooms from previous homes I've done...just as inspiration photos. Again, I know that you've all got your MOOIng eyes sharpened, and just from pictures, you are going to get ideas! There are many bedrooms and nurseries I've done that you could look at for inspiration before you tackle your own rooms. Bedrooms are really fun to make for children when you really think about the personalities of your Sim Children.

Then we will go outside and think about MOOing swimming Pools and landscaping. The Model Home I uploaded for you is on a 30 x 40 lot. If at any time you want to move it to a bigger lot, save the home you are working on to a file. Then you can go back into Edit Town mode , chooseyour new file, and place it on a larger lot if you want to add a sizable pool or you're really having fun with landscaping. I will build a pool and add some Landscaping and fountains, something that I think will the Model Home, but then show you other examples too. Then you will hopefully have inspiration for building a unique pool for your own home.

For lesson Two, I do not expect you to follow step by step examples. You may if you want too, of course, if you see something I've made and you love it and are curious to see if you can recreate it. But now the goal for Lesson Two...really the goal for the entire course, is to get you thinking creatively. So that you are making MOOed items all of your own. Look at every object in the game you own with fresh eyes. Use them in new ways, or find they are the perfect piece to hide so something else can shine! That's when you will really have fun with MOO. Your homework, if you choose to do it, will be to MOO creatively and just have fun with it! And we all love to see your pictures, so keep posting!

See you Saturday!

Taryn
  • okido1987okido1987 Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited July 2013
    I love the MOO class! It makes me think of things I never thought of before :D
    So creative you can get with the MOO-ing!

I mostly used it to combine plants to create nice and big plants! Will be trying lots more thanks to Taryn and Zoo!
  • annin7annin7 Posts: 405 Member
    edited July 2013
    Hello professor and friends! I just updated my homework! :D

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/30/699358.page#11134640

Screenshot-5.jpg

Screenshot-16.jpg

edited July 2013
    I got home from work today and had some spare time before I had to make supper. So I did some more MOOing. So I updated my thread accordingly.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/699822.page#11131991

I haven't made comments on your thread yet, but this bathroom looks like a perfect addition to the other rooms. I love how you have kept the same exotic style throughout!

Zoo
    oow785m
    edited July 2013
    Army008 wrote:
    can you register me for course 2 please.

DONE! :D
    oow785m
    edited July 2013
    Hidehi wrote:
    Hi Zoo, I have finally managed to sort out my Zoo U homework thread. And although RL is a little too dominant at the moment and I haven't even started to practice my MOOing could you please add me to the team of Blackcat Builders again. Thank you! :D

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/45/688885.page#11133637

WHOOT! I have your link added to the Blackcat Builder's post!
    oow785m
    edited July 2013
    okido1987 wrote:
    I love the MOO class! It makes me think of things I never thought of before :D
    So creative you can get with the MOO-ing!

I mostly used it to combine plants to create nice and big plants! Will be trying lots more thanks to Taryn and Zoo!

Hi, Okido! We're so glad that you are enjoying the class. I think Taryn is doing an awesome job. Even an experienced MOO-er like me is getting a lot out of it and it is inspiring to see her amazing uses for MOO.

I hope you don't mind but I took the liberty of registering you for the second lesson. If you can't make it, that is no big deal, but we like to know who is in the audience for Zoo U, even if you don't say a word while you're here!

WELCOME!
    oow785m
    edited July 2013
    annin7 wrote:
    Hello professor and friends! I just updated my homework! :D

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/30/699358.page#11134640

Screenshot-5.jpg

Screenshot-16.jpg

Oh, Annin, this looks AMAZING! I don't have time to go to your thread right now, but when I'm back online later I will definitely visit you!

Zoo
    oow785m
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited July 2013
    Taryn and ZooProfessor -- I just wanted to say I was lurking last Saturday and learned so much from your MOO course! It was educational and so much fun!

I don't know if I can register for the second part this Saturday (and my Saturday agendas are always up in the air so I don't know if I will even be around for it -- that's why I didn't register for the first class). As it turned out, I was.

But you know if I had registered something would have popped up and I would have missed it :).

I just wanted you both to know how totally terrific the class was.

Thank you both !!
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
    edited July 2013
    Idontrcall wrote:
    Taryn and ZooProfessor -- I just wanted to say I was lurking last Saturday and learned so much from your MOO course! It was educational and so much fun!

I don't know if I can register for the second part this Saturday (and my Saturday agendas are always up in the air so I don't know if I will even be around for it -- that's why I didn't register for the first class). As it turned out, I was.

But you know if I had registered something would have popped up and I would have missed it :).

I just wanted you both to know how totally terrific the class was.

Thank you both !!

Hi, Idontrcall! Registering doesn't mean that you are in ANY way obligated to be here during the "live" class.

One of the reasons we have registration is to keep the class thread bumped so that plenty of people see it and know about the class. Also, I think it is nice for the teacher to know that there ARE people in the audience who are learning things. Making these lessons takes a lot of the teacher's time (and isn't Taryn doing a great job with hers?!) and it is nice to know that people ARE listening.

And finally, it is just FUN to have it be as much like a real university as possible!

In short, I am going to put you on our class roster for lesson two! If you get to look at the lesson a week late you are STILL a Zoo U student and we are very happy to have you with us!

Zoo
    oow785m
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited July 2013
    After working with MOO, I'm starting to notice MOOS in all the lots I download lol, I started writing my story again and went back into phantomwood and noticed all your Mooed objects.

rL2zjrW.jpg
    qDX7qnD.jpg
    DEP4eob.jpg

I finished my kitchen, and started on the dining room, but I ran out of ideas, so I'm taking a short break. :lol:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top