Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Zoo U Course 8: Landscaping Start to Finish! Guest Professor:itguyinsc! Link to lesson in post one!

Comments

• ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited April 2013
    It sounds like the three possible classes would all be well-received. I also saw a few suggestions about different styles in architecture and in interior design. I could see that turning into a few classes.
    oow785m
  • Sallidra20Sallidra20 Posts: 604 Member
    edited April 2013
    Hey, this isn't related to the current class, but I thought maybe one of you talented builders might have a solution. So I'm currently working on an Italian villa, and wanted to do an arch entry area, kinda like I did on my final exam project but on a larger scale, obviously. Except I can't seem to find any 2-3 space arches that don't look weird so I can get the 2 story arch appearances. Any suggestion on how to get the look I'm going for or suggestions on other similar grand entryways I'm open to any and all suggestions. I don't have pictures (wrong computer), but it's on a diagonal wall if that helps. :)
  • RayshizzieRayshizzie Posts: 2,650 Member
    edited April 2013
    It sounds like the three possible classes would all be well-received. I also saw a few suggestions about different styles in architecture and in interior design. I could see that turning into a few classes.

All 3 would be very much appreciated by me, I'd love to attend all 3 courses, especially the interior desing and moo but all 3 would be amazing as I am in serious need of learning some building skills :)
  • itguyinscitguyinsc Posts: 5,765 Member
    edited April 2013
    Good morning everyone!
    I'm looking forward to our class this afternoon.

The following is ready for download if you wish to use the same lot I will be using for the class.

link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7173191
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • priscapuppriscapup Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited April 2013
    Good morning! First, thanks for all the kind words and thoughts from everyone. These forums have kept me distracted and sane... well, I was never sane to start with, so you know what I mean. :-)

Second, I will be here for class, so I am very excited about that! Will get my errands done here in a few.

Downloading lot now! Any particular world we should place it? I usually build in SV, but sometimes I have built in Appaloosa Plains, as well. Can build anywhere.
    edited April 2013
    priscapup wrote:
    Any particular world we should place it? I usually build in SV, but sometimes I have built in Appaloosa Plains, as well. Can build anywhere.

I'm glad you will be joining us, dear.

I used Sunset Valley, but it should work anywhere you choose. I tried to keep it in a world everyone would have.

BIG HUGS :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • jenny0786jenny0786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited April 2013
    Downloading the lot right now. I need to go through Courses 1 - 6 and do those as well. I do not know how you all put out beautiful builds for your requests. I have one that I am stumped on right now. LOL

Yay; kind of almost time to start class :D
    edited April 2013
    It's getting closer to time. Approximately one hour to go. I hope everyone has successfully downloaded the lot. I have a slideshow link I will post when we begin.

Looking forward to seeing you soon :mrgreen:
    wB2Zykl.jpg
    edited April 2013
    Class starts in about an hour, super excited! Realy dumb question but I just wanna make sure since I've never done a "live" course before...it will be taken place in this thread right? I'm just not quite sure how it works..
    edited April 2013
    Rayshizzie wrote:
    Class starts in about an hour, super excited! Realy dumb question but I just wanna make sure since I've never done a "live" course before...it will be taken place in this thread right? I'm just not quite sure how it works..

Yes, as far as I know, everything will be done on this thread. :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
    edited April 2013
    Thanks so much! And just one more question, about how long does a live course usually go on for?
    edited April 2013
    Rayshizzie wrote:
    Thanks so much! And just one more question, about how long does a live course usually go on for?

This is my first time as a guest prof, so I am not sure. I was planning on 1 hour minimum, but the slideshow will be available for reference to use at your leisure. :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Nirar22Nirar22 Posts: 172 Member
    edited April 2013
    Alrighty then, I downloaded the lot, and placed it in Sunset Valley, on a 25 x 30 because I couldn't find an empty 25 x 25, but the house sits on a hill of sorts. Was that intended? :?:
    The Stone Kings--my Random Royal Kingdom Challenge

Full of Beans--a Perfect Genetics, Midnight Sun, ISBI rolled into one challenge
    edited April 2013
    I'll be watching this forum, but I don't think I will be interacting w/ the game mostly cause I wore myself out this morning. And going to the desktop, booting it up and the game seems like to much work and this couch is really comfortable. :wink:
    edited April 2013
    Nirar22 wrote:
    Alrighty then, I downloaded the lot, and placed it in Sunset Valley, on a 25 x 30 because I couldn't find an empty 25 x 25, but the house sits on a hill of sorts. Was that intended? :?:

I placed the lot on Pinochle Point which is the road near the junkyard in Sunset Valley...LOL. I place my own 25x25 lot there from the Edit Town mode for a flat good picture taking spot. You can place it wherever you like. Placing on a larger lot shouldn't hurt anything. :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
    edited April 2013
    itguyinsc wrote:
    Nirar22 wrote:

I placed the lot on Pinochle Point which is the road near the junkyard in Sunset Valley...LOL. I place my own 25x25 lot there from the Edit Town mode for a flat good picture taking spot. You can place it wherever you like. Placing on a larger lot shouldn't hurt anything. :)

I downloaded the lot too, so I'm ready to go!The lot is also on a hill in my game as well so I do think that it was built that way :D
    edited April 2013
    Since this is my first "rodeo," I am going to post the slideshow links here for reference as well as the lot you have downloaded for easy access.

lot link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7173191

how to slideshow: http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/scdesigner2003/story/13649

examples slideshow: http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/scdesigner2003/story/13787#

WIP slideshow: http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/scdesigner2003/story/13789

Edit to show registered participants:

ZooProfessor3
    suepea
    priscapup (here)
    nerdy3000
    Sallidra20 (here)
    Nirar22 (here)
    Rayshizzie (here)
    jenny0786 (here)
    hpsimfan (here)
    Aquacatt (here)

Let me know when you arrive please.
    :)

Post edited by Unknown User on
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • hpsimfanhpsimfan Posts: 21
    edited April 2013
    may i join i meant to say register me but it slipped my mind :)
    edited April 2013
    hpsimfan wrote:
    may i join i meant to say register me but it slipped my mind :)

I will add you to the above list. You may want to download the lot if you haven't already. It isn't necessary but may make it easier as we progress.

Thanks for coming :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • jenny0786jenny0786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited April 2013
    I am here :-D
    edited April 2013
    Here! :D
    edited April 2013
    Hello fellow students :D
    edited April 2013
    While we give the others a few more minutes to arrive, please review the "how to" slideshow and let me know if you have any questions.

how to: http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/scdesigner2003/story/13649
    wB2Zykl.jpg
    edited April 2013
    Should we start working on the lot now? Or just review the slideshow?
    edited April 2013
    Rayshizzie wrote:
    Should we start working on the lot now? Or just review the slideshow?

Since everyone works as a different pace, you may go ahead if you wish. The "how to" slideshow begins with a blank lot, so skip down a few frames in the slideshow to the "softening" part.
    wB2Zykl.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top