Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pleasantview Recreation (No CC/Populated package) -3/21/13-

rexbc13rexbc13 Posts: 27 New Member
NNjJ7H6.png
"A lot has happened in 25 years, but some new faces in town are stirring up rivalries and creating tension for the once happy families. Can anything be done to get the neighborhood feeling good again?"

I have seen two recreations of Pleasantview for Sims 3. They are alright, I just feel that they were missing some things. I wiped out CAW and started sculpting out the world. Keep in mind the terrain is still under development. Most of the roadwork is done. I had to re-install Sims 2 so that I was able to rebuild each lot. When Im ready to release the world, there will be Sims that go with it as well. This is one thing the other recreations don't really have. yeah they provide downloads for the people, but I plan on making all the relationships the same and all funds the same. Be sure to check back here every so often for updates on the project, also please comment ant let me know if there needs to be any changes!

First Version Download: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7118801
This world is populated with sims, from the sims 2 Pleasantview and a few sims 3 families just to make it so that stores and public places do not feel so empty.

-No custom content or custom patterns have been used in this world.
- If you don't have the packs used in the world, it will work fine, I just only added a couple lots that are needed for the certain expansion pack features to work, mainly late night clubs/apartments, supernatural related lots (2), pet related lots(2), seasons festival park (1), and other minor lots.
-Seeds, bugs, and gem/stone spawners scattered throughout the world.

World Name: Pleasantview-SIMS 2
World Size: 2048x2048
Number of Lots: 152
Commercial Lots: 37
Residential Lots: 115
Occupied Lots: 8
Number of Residents: 25

Pictures:
qAbjGJG.jpg
kFLKKup.jpg
5AViQ2b.jpg
ZC2ouCj.jpg
4HGG8mV.jpg
vdzdyf8.jpg
NVcFoHp.jpg
yePKz1L.jpg
j8TgzSO.jpg
Winter time :D
i1F918P.jpg
ifbMBkV.jpg

Comments

• palmtreecodpalmtreecod Posts: 261 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Really cool! Will be keeping up with this. :)
  • rexbc13rexbc13 Posts: 27 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Really cool! Will be keeping up with this. :)

Thanks! I only have 2 more houses to make for the main area.(Technically just 1 more)

After that, I will start making all the rabbit holes and start working on the terrain. The terrain is only a placeholder so that I know what goes where and such :P
    edited March 2013
    /5/13 Update

*Started working on Pleasantview terrain.
    *Only 1 more house left to build.

****Looking for people to build custom houses now to populate the rest of the map!***
    edited March 2013
    :/ No one likes to leave replies? Jeezz.... Talk about feedback..

Anyways a little update

3/6/13 Update
    *Final Original House built
    *Importing Pleasantview NPC's
    *Adding Rabbit Holes
    *Adding Additional Lots
  • rjdreamer53rjdreamer53 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited March 2013
    So far it looks great , I will try to keep up with this thread.Oh yeah I can book mark it. I never said I wasn't scatter brained :mrgreen:. I do like your idea and I can't wait to see the homes and the sims you have made.
    edited March 2013
    So far it looks great , I will try to keep up with this thread.Oh yeah I can book mark it. I never said I wasn't scatter brained :mrgreen:. I do like your idea and I can't wait to see the homes and the sims you have made.

Its looking great so far. I just started adding in some more areas to build in. Here is the new beach area. Most apartments will be located here
    936sseH.jpg
    edited March 2013

3/8/13 Update
    *Landscape starting to take shape
    *Adding Trees
    *Adding Rocks
    *Adding Decor to streets

ElB2xUf.jpg
    JBZns35.jpg
    X93IzKi.jpg
    OgUPeBi.jpg
    pJDlDzd.jpg
    edited March 2013
    3/16/13 Update
    *Redoing terrain
    *Town has sims imported now. (Mainly all the plesantview sim families)
  • knh330knh330 Posts: 1,593 Member
    edited March 2013
    Brings back so many memories... :cry:
    Very nice job.
    edited March 2013
    knh330 wrote:
    Brings back so many memories... :cry:
    Very nice job.

Thanks! I have been in the final testings of the world, making sure that every lot and walking locations work. Seems good so far. I will have to update the pictures later this weekend of the final touches. :D
  • hannahpracticehannahpractice Posts: 103 Member
    edited March 2013
    wow wow wow. this honestly looks like the best pleasantview recreation i've seen for the sims 3, ever. haha, i can't wait for this to come out so i can download it! :mrgreen:
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited March 2013
    This is great! Bookmarking, can't wait to download this :)
    WLfAA9V.png
    edited March 2013
    wow wow wow. this honestly looks like the best pleasantview recreation i've seen for the sims 3, ever. haha, i can't wait for this to come out so i can download it! :mrgreen:

What packs do you have? Since I use most expansion pack and stuff packs in the recreation. This is so I can swap out the lots/objects to fit into the base game.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    edited March 2013
    Hi :)

Your world looks fabulous~ Beautiful work. :thumbup:
    edited March 2013
    rexbc13 wrote:

What packs do you have? Since I use most expansion pack and stuff packs in the recreation. This is so I can swap out the lots/objects to fit into the base game.

i have all the expansions other than world adventures, and i also have town life, master suite stuff, diesel stuff and 70s 80s 90s stuff, 8) you world looks perfect, please post more pics whenever possible :mrgreen:
    edited March 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Hi :)

Your world looks fabulous~ Beautiful work. :thumbup:

edited March 2013
    rexbc13 wrote:

i have all the expansions other than world adventures, and i also have town life, master suite stuff, diesel stuff and 70s 80s 90s stuff, 8) you world looks perfect, please post more pics whenever possible :mrgreen:

Ok, I updated the pictures :D
  • Kerim99Kerim99 Posts: 289 Member
    edited March 2013
    It looks beautiful :)
    Great Job :thumbup:

... Unfortunately, I'm creating a Pleasantview right now too but I don't want to annoy you... :)

I'm sure your Pleasantview Remake will be better than mine. :wink:
    edited March 2013
    do you have a release date in mind yet rexbc? :)
    edited March 2013

either today or tomorrow. Im just putting final touches on it.
    edited March 2013

world it ready for some hardcore testers :D I spent a couple days playing with it. The only issue I have come across is the weather stone. It spams about 16 or so messages. (seems to only do it on certain worlds I play on, may be a bug with the actual game)
    edited March 2013
    This is great! Bookmarking, can't wait to download this :)

its ready for download :D
    edited March 2013
    that's absolutely awesome :mrgreen: downloading now!!
  • Kerim99Kerim99 Posts: 289 Member
    edited March 2013
    It looks awesome!
    I think it's the best Pleasantview remake I ever see :)

Recommend it and downloading right now
    Again good job! :thumbup:
    edited March 2013
    Kerim99 wrote:
    It looks awesome!
    I think it's the best Pleasantview remake I ever see :)

Recommend it and downloading right now
    Again good job! :thumbup: