March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Read this! Cyclic Redundancy Check (Updated 6/4/09, 18:00 CDT)

Comments

• SHADOW878SHADOW878 Posts: 58
    edited January 2011
    I posted this same thing above...but I'll repost it. This only applies to CRC errors. Hope this helps.

If your receiving CRC errors...missing sunsetvalley...fullbuild0,1,2,etc...Your files aren't reading correctly rather it be the disc drive, disc, or files you downloaded, maybe even transfer to the hard drive. You may have to re-download some things maybe more than once...files don't seem to get transferred very well...I've experienced this more than once.

If you have a DVD/CD disc with those small brushes(disc lens cleaner)...it may help...make sure the disc is clean...verify drivers are up to date. Especially for the disc drive and video card...check the website that made it...windows doesn't always detect every driver update. You simply need clean file transfers...even if you get a good zip file and proceed to make a backup with copy and paste on windows it may fail...as in my case...I had to uninstall sims 3 and went to use backup...no good at all...which tells me these files can easily be corrupted...the list of complaints goes on...your options are as given.

Replacement Disc, Use different Disc Drive (My Bluray and DVD*2009 model failed on one type of disc, while older disc drive worked. Clean Disc, try a Disc/Lens w brushes to clean the disc drive,Find file needed and attempt separate file download...just have to figure out where it goes...some files are available individually. Or using EA's download manager...make sure after install check for updates before downloading your games...get your serial numbers registered to download if discs fail or if you have no disc.

For copy and paste back up try using 7zip manager...I think it is more successful than windows copy and paste...as you watch file size being transferred...and it can test the setup file to verify that it will launch. You could even test your disc this way...use on exe. files setup/autorun those kind only.

If you get your game up and running and have an extra hard drive or lots of space to partition on the current one...I'd suggest a system image...not restore, its not very effective. System image copies everything no files found to be missing...passwords,history etc...used quite a few times. Lot easier than going through the trouble of messing with everything else.

Also if you need your current serial numbers EA's download manager shows your game numbers to write down should you need to uninstall...on your games in the download manager you should see an "i" icon...click on it for game information.

If I missed anything about CRC errors than please add to the list...this is about all you can do...It takes sometime...but if you really want to play you'll go through the steps to complete it...this doesn't apply to other errors 345, system initialization, severe/major error. Those are separate cases...which I've experienced also.
  • capat_5capat_5 Posts: 2
    edited January 2011
    I continually am getting the CRC error on installation of Sims 3 and all expansions. I have removed everything and reinstalled many times. Have defraged and many others. One time I was able to install Sims 3 but it would crash as soon as the sim started walking. What can I do?
  • capat_5capat_5 Posts: 2
    edited January 2011
    capat_5 wrote:
    I continually am getting the CRC error on installation of Sims 3 and all expansions. I have removed everything and reinstalled many times. Have defraged and many others. One time I was able to install Sims 3 but it would crash as soon as the sim started walking. What can I do?

Want to add that all games are a digital download file.
  • susantaylor1982susantaylor1982 Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    So I'm having trouble with my Sims 3 loading....it loads and then the screen go black and shuts Sims down....whats going on?
  • ElifSimsElifSims Posts: 4
    edited January 2011
    Hi all Sims! :) My English so bad.In July i installed Sims 3 succesfuly.But my graphic card isnt enough.Now i bought a new laptop and i want to install again but FullBuild1 error blocking me to install to game.What can i do?I cant copy files to my desktop because its erroring like that:We cant copy Fullbuild1 Please help me :(((
  • AudrixAudrix Posts: 55 Member
    edited February 2011
    Ok here's my conclusion. If you are all getting the same error I am...some may not. I get the .cab file does not match...blah blah blah, your medium may be corrupt. Well I've come to the conclusion that it's just the hard disk drive. Some computers after a few years of playing games like this on and off, their disk drives tend to start going out. I've had my computer for three years now and recently my disk drive started working a lot harder to play dvds and games. That's about the time I started getting this error. So basically, the best thing to do is spend about sixty bucks and go replace your disk drive. Unfortunately, if defrags don't work and you've done everything else, that's your last issue. I've defragged, I've searched the web, cleaned my disk, cleaned my disk drive, and even had to replace my hard drive (for other reasons) and it still doesn't work. So it's serious when it says your medium may be corrupt. Just got buy a new disk drive. That's about all the help I can offer.
  • gothic12gothic12 Posts: 7
    edited February 2011
    ok so can someone just please help me i keep getting the sunset vally cache "device is not ready" error! >.< can someone please tell me how to fix this? please?!?!?!
  • muaythainoobmuaythainoob Posts: 1
    edited February 2011
    gothic12 wrote:
    ok so can someone just please help me i keep getting the sunset vally cache "device is not ready" error! >.< can someone please tell me how to fix this? please?!?!?!

Howdy,

I had a similar error. It would get to ~%20 on installation then stop and say that the sunsetvalleyobject was the problem. Anyway, I dragged all the files from the DVD onto my hard drive, took the disk out, then ran Sims3Setup.exe from my hard drive and it installed no problems.

Give it a go and let me know if it works for you.
  • Fidel_CashfloFidel_Cashflo Posts: 1
    edited February 2011
    I have 2 cd rom drives, both yield the same result when trying to install the sims game. Poorly printed dvd disks??? maybe.. What is the work around?

edit: one drive is IDE, the other is sata...
  • stott_miriamstott_miriam Posts: 1
    edited February 2011
    This has been going on for months. When I bought the sims 3 it ran perfectly. Nothing was wrong. So I know that my computer can launch the game no problem. Then just a few months ago, when I went to load it up the launch screen popped up and before I could click play, my computer froze and there were color streaks across my screen. I had to shutdown the computer manually because the computer froze. I thought maybe i should just restart the computer. So I did and I scanned my computer for any viruses. Nothing. I recently bought Late Night and it's doing the same thing. I've unistalled and installed the game a few times but I still keep getting the color streaks across my screen. I would really like to play the sims again... Someone PLEASE HELP!
  • EmmaDeBruinEmmaDeBruin Posts: 9
    edited February 2011
    Can anyone please help me?
    One day when I wanted to play the sims 3, a pop up baloon said that my base game and expansion pack(Late Night) is imcompatible. I then uninstalled the sims 3 and when I installed it again, the FullBuild 1 package error keeps showing up. I followed instructions of earlier pages, but nothing works :!:
    PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: I have windows XP

• RoseBudBean3RoseBudBean3 Posts: 1
    edited March 2011
    Help! I can't play my Sims game because every time I open the Game Launcher and press the play button, an error pops up and tells me that no disc can be found even though the game is in the computer. What do I do??
  • HomicidalHippieHomicidalHippie Posts: 2
    edited March 2011
    I'm trying to reinstall my sims3 but im having a problem with the fullbuild1 file. i've defraged, and i've tried to copy the files and paste them in a new folder. i've also tried the WinRAR method. when I went to send the file to an archive it wouldnt let me and kept saying, Warning, read only file. and thats where my frustration comes from. Can anyone tell me what to do or fix. or is there a fullbuild 1 file that i can download off the internet.

this is what it looks like when i try to install it from the disk everytime.

File: E:\GameData\Shared\Packages\FullBuild1.package
    Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).
  • HomicidalHippieHomicidalHippie Posts: 2
    edited March 2011
    Would it be possible to maybe put my disk into a different computer and copy the package file onto a usb card, then put the usb card into my computer and copy it into my folders????? i think ima try that..
  • fyrflash1969fyrflash1969 Posts: 1
    edited March 2011
    Mine experiencing problems too.. downloaded mine through EADM and not the cd.. Or do i have to put the cd too?
  • TINK1978TINK1978 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited March 2011
    Hi guys I purchesed the new game "world" barncale bay did the install but dosnt show up in my new game now I do have the older version of it but the new one should be there right? I have no idea were it is it is installed but nowere to be found please help? :-)
  • FREDDisLOCOFREDDisLOCO Posts: 1
    edited March 2011
    when i did that thing where i copied all the things from the disk into a folder the same error happened so i reckon it must be something to do with the file its self, the file that has the error every time i try to install/copy the the game is the "fullbuild1.package" file its really annoying, but it didnt happen to me the first time i installed the game, but then i formatted the computer so if anyone can help, plz help.

thx :?:
  • AJbackstAJbackst Posts: 146 Member
    edited March 2011
    Well, I have had this game basically since it came out. It all ran fine and blah blah blah. One day I wanna play it and a completely different error pops up. Well, I just put that off and yesterday I figured "Okay, if I uninstall and reinstall it, it'll most likely work."

When I did that I kept getting the redauncy check error. So I defragged my computer and whatnot, it's still not working. I'm doing what another person said and just hit retry on it and prays that it works because I have an urge to play.
  • WILDANIMAL3WILDANIMAL3 Posts: 1
    edited April 2011
    mine is deeing the exact same thingmy lyk... i installed it lyk the first time, and it was fine for about a year, i hav all the expansion pack and it is on automatic updates, but the other stuff updated and the base game kinda didnt. My friend said tht happened to hers, and to uninstall it and install it again, now it wont install and keeps getting stuck in the bar thing, i rli dont kno fit ta dee... any help? :shock: :?: :cry:
  • MarzoviaMarzovia Posts: 9 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Katora wrote:
    Finally got mine installed. Here's what worked for me. Its a pain in the rear, but its installed. Havent tried running it yet though so well see.

I did the restore to factory, still got same error, and a super slow install rate. Now - the install took a LONG time to do. But here is what actually worked.

When you get the error message - click retry, then right after that, eject the disk. Wait til it pops up that you need to insert the disk. Then put it back in. Wait a minute for the wheels to stop spinning then click okay. This will get you through the next bit of install. Rinse and repeat all the way through. Painfully slow - but installed. Now to try and play. Wish me luck.

Hope this will work for someone else too. Like I said, its slow, and tedious as all heck, but it seems to at least have installed. Will update after I try to play.

OMG you are a life saver!!!! I tried your method of ejecting & re-inserting the disc just as you directed & I got it to install after hours of trying other methods. Thanks so much!
  • battownsendbattownsend Posts: 34 New Member
    edited April 2011
    This happened to me and all I had to do was clean my disc. :) I'm not sure if it was just a one time fluke or not but if your running out of options you might consider cleaning that bad boy. :D
  • charldohcharldoh Posts: 1
    edited May 2011
    ANSWER FOR Sims 3 Error:
    File D:\Caches\Sunset Valley.objectCache

Error: Data error (cycli redundancy check).

I don't know if it'll work for everyone but it's managed to work for me! I tried everything else on the internet that
    oter's had told me to try e.g. install updates, defrag etc. Nothing worked! However, I remember a few months back I had
    to restore my PC to a certain point, which removed a virus I had. I tried it again with this and it has worked!
    I can only help Windows Vista users, but W7's and XP's can try - it might work!

Do the following:
    - Go to 'Start'.
    - Select 'Control Panel'.
    - On the left, select 'Control Panel Home'.
    - Select 'Additional Options'.
    - On the left, Select 'System and Maintenance'.
    - Select 'Backup and Restore Centre'.
    - Select 'Restore Files'.
    - Select 'Repair Windows (System Restore).
    - Follow the options given; for me, it gave a list of 5 different dates and times and the content on the PC at that date. Select
    the earliest date there e.g. if there were two dates, one being 03/05/2011 and the other being 1/04/2011, select the 1/04/2011.
    WARNING: This may delete any saved data from that date e.g. documents, images etc, so try and save them on a spare hard drive or
    USB.
    - Restoring it will take anything between 10-30 minutes. It will shut down and restart.

Hopefully this works!
    :D
    XX
  • Phil51660Phil51660 Posts: 288
    edited May 2011
    Of course defragmenting doesn't work. This is EA's standard line since Sims 1. "Defragment and everythng will be fine," EA says. So why isn't? I think they tell us to do it to give us something to do while they don't even come out with patches that fix the all the problems this game has.
  • myambaomyambao Posts: 3
    edited May 2011
    Hi I have a very very slow internet connection it takes about 16 hours to complete the download i have to pause it when playing facebook in the internet why cant EA FIX IT PLEASE GOD HELP USSSSS PLSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • smiggleroxsmigglerox Posts: 15
    edited May 2011
    Hey..
    have installed Sims 3 on my old computer and the download works but its laggy
    and now i downloaded it on my new computer and its stuffing up the error is ( Failed to find FullBuild0 then it just goes to fullbuild1? Help
    :evil: im really mad
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top