Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Share your best book titles!

I currently have a sim with the bestselling author aspiration, but I don't have any interesting or funny book titles to come up with anymore. Can you share your best book titles? My sim still has to write 3 good books for the second milestone and I'm too uncreative to come up with titles (and descriptions) myself :D
Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff

Comments

• NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    edited July 2018
    Hamsters of the Caribbean was a kids book about, wait for it- hamster pirates. A romance novel my author sim wrote was titled Boy Next Door.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    Last night a sim of mine wrote one called My Grandmother, My Daughter-in-Law: Oh God, Why?! after finding his vampire grandmother trying for baby with his son. It was a bestseller.
  • kiriviankirivian Posts: 1,074 Member
    Do you have a genre preference? Some of the ones I know off-hand were for a foodie sim of mine who did the writing aspiration. These are all cookbooks, but I hope it helps anyway.

-Now That's a Spicy Meatball: Homestyle Italian Delights
    -Pound for Pound: The Art of Cake Decoration
    -Licorice Drops and Jelly Rolls: Satisfying the Sweet Tooth
    -Homemade for the Holidays: Seasonal Favorites
    -Just Like Mother Makes: Traditional Comfort Foods
    -Making Lemonade from Lemons: How to Prepare Hard to Palette Foods
    -The Meat and Potatoes
    -Paltry Poultry? 30 Recipes That Will Make Your Birds Sing
    -Sherry and Wine: Cooking with Alcohol
    and finally
    -Salsa to Salsa: 10 Latin Meals that Will Spice Up Your Love Life

I'll look into some of my other characters when I play in a bit. I do the writing aspiration with every one of my sims so I have a lot of them if you are interested.

"You ask me if there'll come a time when I grow tired of you...Never, my love..." -The Association (1967)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    I currently have a sim with the bestselling author aspiration, but I don't have any interesting or funny book titles to come up with anymore. Can you share your best book titles? My sim still has to write 3 good books for the second milestone and I'm too uncreative to come up with titles (and descriptions) myself :D

When my writer Sims are just starting out and only can write children's books, I have my Gnome Trilogy: Night-night Gnome!, Gnome on the Range and Gnome Alone. (Considering adding a fourth to the series, Gnome Plate or Safe at Gnome, about a gnome who tries out for the local professional baseball team.)

For Romance I have my Seasons quartet: Spring Horizons, Summer Passions, Autumn Harvest, Winter Delight. Even more appropriate with Seasons actually A Thing.

Some of my Fantasy works have been Which Witch Is Which?, Too Many Wizards, A Wizard at Pause.

Science Fiction: The Great Space Race, Absolute Zero.

Playful (humor): 1000 Clean Jokes for Dirty Occasions.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Children's Book
    Jimmy Sprocket and the Plasma Fruit Tree

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    Lol, I'm not at home and can't remember any of mine off hand, but this thread has really great ideas in it

I must admit that I like @stilljustme2 's gnome trilogy the best, and yes, you need to write the 4th one!
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Mystery

Death By Emotion

ironic I know lol
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Nice titles everyone! Now I may actually have some ideas for more books :D Keep 'em coming.

Does anyone know any good titles for poems and short stories? It's what my writer sim is writing in general. Non-Fictions as well.

Another one my sim wrote had the title "50 Sheets Of Grey". It was some sort of tutorial for doing laundry :D

I like to build stuff
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    My book titles are far too adult for this forum!
  • Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    I write some abscdndbdns because it is absolute in vain. First I think that other household can buy this books so I think some interesant and funny title. But no.... So in vain...
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited July 2018
    Here's some of the books I had my sims write:
    -Parenting Tips: How I Parented Unlike You (Short story)
    -The Mystery of Dissappearing Pool Latter (Fitness skill book)
    -The Type Typos You Yes Make Today (Writing skill book)
    -Challenge: Try Not To Set Your Kitchen on Fire (Cooking skill book)
    -That Sim: How He Annoyed Me Yesterday (Biography)
    -The Poem of Z (Poetry)
    -This is a Bestseller! (Poor quality children's book)
    -I Just Want to Make Money! (Mystery book)
    -Awesome! Now Get to Sleep! (Work out guide)
    -How Do I Get the Money From The Book Sales (Sad Book)
    -My Marriage: From Start to Actual Secrets (Romance Book)
    -Reasons to Travel To Jungle Besides The High Bills (Travel Guide)
    -My New Year's Resolution: 5 Times 10 Written Pages (Fiction Book)

There are some more I have named my books. While some are only published for money, some are copied three times, one given to the book store owner so it's sold, one goes to the library, and one is kept while original is published.

Edit. I just had my sim write a playful book called A Failed Comedian: Failed Funny Book Title Jokes on the Forums.
  • Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    -The Poem of Z (Poetry)

There are some more I have named my books. While some are only published for money, some are copied three times, one given to the book store owner so it's sold, one goes to the library, and one is kept while original is published.

Edit. I just had my sim write a playful book called A Failed Comedian: Failed Funny Book Title Jokes on the Forums.

How copies book?!
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    -The Poem of Z (Poetry)

How copies book?!

You have to place them somewhere (for example on a table) and click "copy".

I like to build stuff
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    I literally had a Sim create a book series called "I Cannot Believe It's Not Butter" (yes based on the margarine spread brand) that was about a 12-yr old boy named "Butter Churn" who realized his father lied to him about what he puts on his corn on the cob. Butter ends up running away from home to figure out what is on his corn on the cob if it's not freaking butter! I had a Sim make three book series about Butter Churn's adventures.
    Okay, these aren't from my main save, but from families I have been playing since I got seasons in a newer save. One of my characters in this house was a short story writer and this a sampling of her stuff.
    -Pieces of the Pretender (this was an anthology of stories about how people present themselves to the world vs how they act when alone)
    -Seven Little Brides (this was a demi-biographical piece on child brides in multi-marriage situations)
    -Stories for the Campfire (self explanatory)
    -Too Many Chiefs (basically failed military campaigns -from the perspective of the foot soldiers fighting in them)
    -Less Chosen Paths (stories about people who live off the grid)
    -Twisted Tales of Horror (self-explanatory)
    -The Twelve Levels of Hell (stories of people struggling with addiction and the path to recovery)
    -A Whole Bushel of Bad Apples (short stories about career criminals)
    -Over the River and Through the Woods (tales about early settlers and the development of the colonies)
    -Cybertales (self-explanatory)
    -Ten Little Indian Tales (this is a westernized collection of some famous parables from the Hindi culture)
    -New Leaves (stories of people who have survived witness relocation programs)
    -Twenty Reasons to Run From Marriage (stories of people who exploit marriage for various reasons - black widows, con men etc.)
    and finally
    -The Big Book of Bad Wolves (stories of internet predators)
    "You ask me if there'll come a time when I grow tired of you...Never, my love..." -The Association (1967)
    edited July 2018
    Now this same family has a poet as well, but he is a nature oriented sim (loves the outdoors, spends a lot of time in granite falls and selvadorado). Since they are poems the titles are pretty much self-explanatory (I imagine he might fancy himself as some kind of modern Whitman or Thoreau) LOL.
    -The Gloaming
    -Rhythm of the Wind
    -Crickets in the Heather
    -The Basics of Birds and Bees
    -Storm in His Wake
    -All Her Majesty to Bear
    -Carried by the Faithless
    -Fearsome Forces
    -Deep Forest, Deep Sea
    -Born on the Wind
    -Rainbow Crossroad
    -The Music of the Ocean
    -The Temper of the Tides
    (kind of boring, but maybe it helps - I really need to get back into my prime save :/ )
    This save has a large coven of vampires in it. I categorized these books as fantasy, but for the author, they are largely based on his experience as a human becoming a vampire, a fledgling vampire and then a lot of them are reactionary to his witness of another member of the coven who was turned after him, as a teen. (he's kind of a Louis type vampire).
    -Tears of Blood
    -Reviled
    -Kiss of Death
    -Stolen Moments
    -Worship at His Feet
    -Children of the Midnight Sun
    -Visitor in the Mist
    -Path of Darkness
    -Bloody Cost of Living
    -From Dusk to Dust
    -Heartbeat
    and finally
    -Blood on Fire
    This wasn't all his books, but a bunch of them anyway.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I literally had a Sim create a book series called "I Cannot Believe It's Not Butter" (yes based on the margarine spread brand) that was about a 12-yr old boy named "Butter Churn" who realized his father lied to him about what he puts on his corn on the cob. Butter ends up running away from home to figure out what is on his corn on the cob if it's not freaking butter! I had a Sim make three book series about Butter Churn's adventures.

I would read this.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    I had a book called "My little monsters or how to survive as a father of three" :D
    Also "I survived parenthood" and "The diary of a father of three - based on a true story".
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    How about a fantasy trilogy inspired by Dragon Valley ;) :
    • Tales of a Dragon: Trail to an adventure
    • Tales of a Dragon: Tour of the Lost Lands
    • Tales of a Dragon: Tailwind to home
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    edited July 2018
    Okay, mine depend on the Sim who writes them:

* Bigger than Cheeses by Paul McAroni (A Beatles deviant save) How Paul and his band became obsessed with grilled cheese and religion.
    * Yoko Ono ate my Hamster - George Harrison. A tale of how Yoko devoured his fluffy little pet and then shoved him into the hamster tubes.
    * Tales from the Bottom : Ringo Starr Autobigraphy about how Ringo got his nickname
    * Imagine me a Hippy - John Lemmon How people thought he was a nice, genuine bloke who wouldn't hurt a fly

* Mein Campf Coffee - Adolph 🐸🐸🐸🐸 - A dozen ways to enjoy Camp coffee in cakes or deserts (That is the least offensive book this guy wrote! and he wore a maids outfit the entire game.

* The Hidden Dragon (childs book) Literally about an 18ft dragon that thinks it can hide behind the rose bush.
    * How to Cook With Children - 101 recipes for child hating sims to get the most out of their child and save on the food bill.
    * BBQ Baby! Sequel to how to cook with children Both by Fred West
    * How I Got Away With Murder - The police haven't worked it out just yet, oh how stupid they are! (Autobiography) It was a series through to 6 and then
    * Simzcatraz, The Great Escape - How I got away from Simzcatraz island to terrorize Windenburg.
    * On the Lamb - Why sheep are not a great mode of transport when robbing a bank
    * Silence the Lambs! - How one of my getaway Sheep dobbed me in. Hannibal Lecter who also went on to write cookery books and romance.

Whoohoo-Birds and Bees: Childrens book by Noah Humour - How birds are just birds, bees just bees and whoohoo means yippee. Mystery solved.

Potty Training for Children : Incontinentia Buttoxx (Yep Monty Python save) Childrens book on how to make sure your adult uses the loo because some of them have been doing it in bushes :open_mouth:

Twiglet - Caleb Vatore - A romance between a normal girl and a twiglet munching vampire. Will he share his snacks? Unlikely. Followed by
    New Doom - No he didn't share his snacks and now has a new relations ship. It's doomed!
    Elapsed - It was doomed because he couldnt' stop eating twiglets and stood her up in a massive twiglet a thon
    New Dough - Calebs plans to make himself a new bride out of Bread!

And others less suitable for public consumption that go along the same lines, I like my book titles to tell a story inside of a story :)
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »

I have my authors start writing the Harry Potter novels first. Love that series! Then they transition into other book series I own.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    A cooking skillbook -- Grease the Rack Again: A Porkchop's Tale by Bilabao Haggis
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited July 2018
    These are all Tomb Raider references, the idea being that Lara Croft writes guides, travel journals and novels set in the places she visits in the games, so you may not get the joke if you don't play said games, but let's see if they can still be inspirational after all...

Egypt for the little ones
    - Everything kids need to know about dusty pyramids, deadly traps and flesh-eating mummies.

Paris: Where chocolate grows on the floor
    - A guide for all who wish to visit the city of love and live off candy bars found in the sewers.

The archaeological destruction of temples
    - An skill book for archaeology.

Peru: A land before time
    - Have you ever wondered if dinosaurs live in the Peruvian wilderness? They do, and they have lots of fun!

Atlantis: Two times Lara
    - The very true science fiction story of Lara Croft on a sunken island where she killed herself and survived!

The WC with an I: Teleporting Irides in New York
    - A mysterious man in a mysterious tower with a mysterious artefact... What is he going to do to poor Iris?

The streets of Rome: I came, I saw, I left again
    - Join Lara Croft on her (very short) quest for the philosopher's stone!

Siberia: The short story in Konstantin's pants
    - Not everything is long just because it has a long name!

Egyptian scarab toys: Installation and setting instructions
    - Written in collaboration with Indiana Jones.

Mafia in Venice
    - To the sins and fortunes, and the tender kisses... eeer, cut that last part... of Marco Bartoli!

Lara Croft: Chronicles
    - An autobiography.

Then there's my simself, who writes the same books as the real life version (me), so... It's not hard to come up with names for those. ;)
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    citysimmer wrote: »

I would read this.

Thank you. But poor Butter Churn never found out what was on his corn on the cob :( maybe some new Simmers can write about what was really on it!