March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Modeling Career added to the game? What do you think?

catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
edited July 2018 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I wish we had a modeling career, it would compliment the photographer career very well.
Post edited by catmando830 on

Modeling Career added to the game? What do you think? 142 votes

Excellent Idea
42%
CK213alan650111aprilroserosehrtgirlcapricce2simsinmysleepjineratorSimplyTorikittymeowLadyKynfloridameerkatLordkiribatiHester666LittlBowBubPenguinFoopSigzy05catmando830Internal_Chaosdirty_milosshnaileh 60 votes
Good Idea
32%
DannydanboGoldmoldaricmnfrshWritin_RegBloosmooNichutaydevFroilCeCeDotCAITLINX354Trashmagic3KNPenKoalagirllIguess66KathykinsKellyWhoviandoedearJaysimsLouise_G0325kaching 46 votes
Maybe
14%
Kita5399SikoahGraceRoxyoscar3VuloriLizzychicagokeenowPurpleSweetTartFlexono1cheifeagleeyeadduapinaDeKayEnkiSchmidtmusteniWiggleyTuffHuiiie_07NindigoEvie0602bohemian_loveEMZ_1x4m1r4 21 votes
Not Sure
2%
NivyxAnthonydyerChadSims2BelongtoLCMS 4 votes
No
7%
UnDutchablePlayerSinger2010TheLibrarySimBagoas77Scarbo27dopaminedroidMDianaSimsDestin2016AHolyToiletShinzenRustyCicuit 11 votes

Comments

• CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    Excellent Idea
    Because I have a sim that this would be perfect for.
    And who knows, I might want to play out my Just Shoot Me scenario again.

Hey, that might make a good interactive career.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Excellent Idea
    More jobs in general would be great. Would like to see a modeling/fashion career and making use of the photography studio as well for also being a semi-active career with small tasks.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    Excellent Idea

I would love to see a lot more career choices added to the game and this could be a good one if made as an interactive career. There could be some fun little tasks for the model sim to complete - getting headshots made, going for spa treatments as a requirement for job promotions (gotta take care of your appearance if you're a model!), even some modest exercise requirements maybe? Though I feel they wouldn't want to open an inappropriate can of worms by requiring the model sims to diet, realistic as that may be. Maybe bring back the ballet bar and dance-as-exercise, like in Sims 2 and require them to do that for both exercise and 'poise and grace' skill building, something like that?

And I would hope that a modeling career would come in an expansion that would also include a LOT more makeup choices and/or a transparency wheel that would allow us to control how opaque the makeup is, like in Sims 3; I hardly ever use eyeshadow because it's these dense, uneven splotches of color that look like the sim has no blending skills, lol. Lots of new high-fashion hairstyles and clothes, and polished fingernails! When I'm playing a cc free game, I think the thing I miss the most is pretty nails for my sims.
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    There is no photographer career.
  • BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    Maybe
    Not that big into this, but It might be a cool.
    Chazzzy wrote: »

That's what I thought too.
    Proud simmer
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    edited July 2018
    Good Idea
    I'm not losing sleep over a modeling career but I never say no to more careers :)
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,880 Member
    Good Idea
    More careers to choose from is always good. I tend to pick from the same few for every sim. I do love the active careers so would love more of those. Photography/modeling careers might also give me an excuse to use the photo studio. Never placed it anywhere.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,431 Member
    Maybe
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Plot twist.
    My Top Song of the Day: HEAVEN AND BACK by Chase Atlantic
    E0zWogS.gif
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Maybe
    One condition - it can't be female exclusive. I grow so very weary of the ginormous focus on female Sims and their appearance :(

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    Excellent Idea
    I'm hoping we get a fame pack, modelling would be a great addition to that.
  • YakerRadio18YakerRadio18 Posts: 95 Member
    Excellent Idea
    Modeling career + Photographer career?

those 2 careers would be fine from head to toe, by the fact that in real life some photographers use models to make they work. Also, the modeling career it can be a well paid job in the game.
    Origin id Yakoro18
    I like to waste oxygen, play sims 4 and pso2
    PhLRQYR.gif

• Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    Maybe
    I doubt I would ever make use of it, but it's a good idea for those who actually play storylines
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Excellent Idea
    I would love to see a lot more career choices added to the game and this could be a good one if made as an interactive career. There could be some fun little tasks for the model sim to complete - getting headshots made, going for spa treatments as a requirement for job promotions (gotta take care of your appearance if you're a model!), even some modest exercise requirements maybe? Though I feel they wouldn't want to open an inappropriate can of worms by requiring the model sims to diet, realistic as that may be. Maybe bring back the ballet bar and dance-as-exercise, like in Sims 2 and require them to do that for both exercise and 'poise and grace' skill building, something like that?

And I would hope that a modeling career would come in an expansion that would also include a LOT more makeup choices and/or a transparency wheel that would allow us to control how opaque the makeup is, like in Sims 3; I hardly ever use eyeshadow because it's these dense, uneven splotches of color that look like the sim has no blending skills, lol. Lots of new high-fashion hairstyles and clothes, and polished fingernails! When I'm playing a cc free game, I think the thing I miss the most is pretty nails for my sims.

Thank you - great feedback!
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    edited July 2018
    Good Idea
    I would like to see more of a FASHION pack where your sim could take one of two routes, fashion designer and model/photographer.

The fashion career would allow you to "design" your own line of clothes and would add sewing and a sewing machine to the game.

Modeling/photographer would make use of the photo object that so far is fairly useless. I combined model and photographer because many models turn to photography as a new career after modeling has run it's course. And modeling isn't exactly chuck full of things to do or learn skill-wise.

I really don't see how modeling on it's own could really be a thing because, in and of itself, it is limited.

OP: You should rename this thread so more people will respond. With no title to define it, people might just skip it and not bother to check it out. "Do you agree or not" is very vague and sounds like you might be angry about something that others might want to avoid. Show that this is about adding modeling into the game. More people might have an opinion on that.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Excellent Idea
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I would like to see more of a FASHION pack where your sim could take one of two routes, fashion designer and model/photographer.

The fashion career would allow you to "design" your own line of clothes and would add sewing and a sewing machine to the game.

Modeling/photographer would make use of the photo object that so far is fairly useless. I combined model and photographer because many models turn to photography as a new career after modeling has run it's course. And modeling isn't exactly chuck full of things to do or learn skill-wise.

I really don't see how modeling on it's own could really be a thing because, in and of itself, it is limited.

OP: You should rename this thread so more people will respond. With no title to define it, people might just skip it and not bother to check it out. "Do you agree or not" is very vague and sounds like you might be angry about something that others might want to avoid. Show that this is about adding modeling into the game. More people might have an opinion on that.

Thanks for your feedback.
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    Not Sure
    I don't think so. Modeling is a little out there and there are some rather conventional careers that the game is yet to recognize. Current job selections are limited. There should be an electrical/plumber/carpenter career (based on handiness skill), architecture career, medical career, hospitality/hotels career. It should be rather easy to implement these things since there is no visible workplace and all that needs to be done is add a career to the job menu.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I'd like to see people posting their ideas for a modelling career in more detail
    Also, the modeling career it can be a well paid job in the game.
    Only at the top end.

Models don't start at the top. They start at the bottom. They might start as models for an art school, or as hand models. They might move into modelling for low end department store catalogues, eventually, they might do a bit of runway work at the local mall during fashion week.

I don't think so. Modeling is a little out there and there are some rather conventional careers that the game is yet to recognize. Current job selections are limited. There should be an electrical/plumber/carpenter career (based on handiness skill), architecture career, medical career, hospitality/hotels career. It should be rather easy to implement these things since there is no visible workplace and all that needs to be done is add a career to the job menu.

You've got some good ideas there.

I'd also like to see some careers that progress slowly. A sparky, plumber or brickie don't have careers with a lot of progression. They'll go through a period of on the job training, the pay will be low-ish, then they'll get into the regular level of the job, they're working for someone else, they can make ends meet, but they're not wealthy. Then they might start their own business, they get to be the boss, and that's where they have a chance of making more money.

Hospitality could be the core of a rather interesting pack. Hotels have been a part of the game in the past. So there's a little bit of hope that the concept may return.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • knitsybitsyknitsybitsy Posts: 78 Member
    If there is a modeling career or aspiration or whim, then what is modeling without the fashion designer? I like the idea of having some really exclusive and expensive clothing that gets your sim a lot of attention. There can be a few designs that look guady or tacky or weird. Some sims might be just popular enough to pull it off. The fashion designer who is just starting out will pick out fabrics and patterns and try to sew something up. Then they can add embellishments and beads or sequins and other things. They might have enbroidery or patches of different things.

Recently I saw a video online of a very normal looking lady who could do a bit of cross stitch that anyone can learn to do. So it isn't hard if you have the time. She did a cross stitch on a jacket and somehow got the attention of a rapper and gave this jacket to him. Then he actually wore it on the cover of an album.

You just never know, some novice people just get started doing things. They don't go to design school or anything, they just make connections and get their work out there.

On the sims, I like the idea that if you have a materialistic sim or a sim that wants lots of friends and connections to have some exclusive and expensive clothing.

It would be something that not just any townie could have. They could also loan the clothing to other sims or resale it. They could also embellish it more or change it up a bit.

Then you could have one sim and if they see another sim wearing the same thing they can get embarrasseed. Then they might think they wore it better and feel confident. Other sims could compliment them or they can rate what they are wearing or make fun of them. They can gossip about them behind their back.

You could also have a pet randomly pee on them or scratch them or tear up their expensive clothing. If they are drinking or eating they could get messy. They could repair the dress or try to hide the stain or rip with an embellishment.

You could even have wardrobe malfunction where a bit of a naughty part is showing, which embarrasses the sim. The whole outfit could start falling apart or melt away into nothingness, like Cinderellas dress after the ball. It could be something magical that only lasts for a while, like a beautiful etherial dress with an aura and halo around it.

Maybe you could even have clothing that has an essence about it, like if a sim wears it, they suddenly just feel like that are walking in another sims shoes. So as they wear it, they gain skills faster. Sort of like if you had a sim that isn't that athletic and they get these really cool shoes, they suddenly feel like they can do anything.

I know that just because you put on a uniform doesn't make you a gormet cook, a vet, a doctor, a police officer or whatever. People do that though. As soon as they get dressed up, they feel like they can do anything. So in the sims, a big confidence boost or even a boost to skills while wearing certain things, would work out pretty good. It would be like and xp booster, but also there is expense involved.

Having sims strut their stuff, do a little walk down a cat walk, look smug, make a grand entrance, twirl around and all that would be fun.

Some sims might be having a mid life crisis or maybe they are just blossuming into adult hood, so something really cool to wear and show off would be a confidence booster. Elderly sims like to dress up. Kids who are bullied or don't have many friends can get their come upance with the right outfit.

Maybe you could fish something up in a trunk to wear. You could grow certain things which you could use to embellish your clothing. In the sims you could probably imagine some sort of seeds that are really shiny like sequins or a sequin fish. Then you could mine for bits of shiny rocks or something to carve into beads and buttons. Your cat or dog might even drag something away from someone else's house. It might be a bit ripped but if you mend it or wash it, then it is good as new. If you know who it belongs to, you could return it or be mean and keep it. You might get called out for doing that though and lose a relationship with another sim. Then of course you might manage to just steal the clothing or items if you sim is a thief.

If you have the cow plant, you could invite a sim over for a formal party and maybe they manage to get eaten, so the cow plant throws up their clothing for you. Then sometimes it is ok and other times you have to wash it or mend it.

If you have high enough Charisma you can ask another sim to loan you the outfit and then never return it or promise to return it.

Maybe you can set sort of qualities to some clothing like you do lot traits. So sims who wear it feel a certain way and others that look at it feel a certain way. So it can make a sim feel smug while those who see it feel impressed or jealous. Then you could have funny clothing that makes a sim feel playful. Other sims that see them feel they are approachable and funny. There could be romantic clothing, creepy or scary clothing. Then professional clothing. The clothing your sim gets for work could have work traits attached to them, so they are approached or recognised by others more, who are interested in talking to them about their work or the skill they are good at.

• aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited August 2018
    Excellent Idea
    I think it would be cool, I want more careers for my sims anyway.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• nessatay1920nessatay1920 Posts: 459 Member
    Excellent Idea
    CK213 wrote: »
    Because I have a sim that this would be perfect for.
    And who knows, I might want to play out my Just Shoot Me scenario again.

Hey, that might make a good interactive career.
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    More jobs in general would be great. Would like to see a modeling/fashion career and making use of the photography studio as well for also being a semi-active career with small tasks.

Yes! I have a sim that is perfect for this career! I love the idea.
  • DoodlebeansDoodlebeans Posts: 75 Member
    Excellent Idea
    The only option I find to have a famous sim is the RTF mod or entertainer career... I'd love any new career tbh!
    FFRnSKf.png?3

id - simsofbutter
  • ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    No
    I'm going to say no; as much as I adore taking photos and posing my sims (it's one of my favourite things to do), I don't feel like there's a skill that could compliment it.

In TS4, there's always two skills you need to level up once you reach the career branch choices. Photography can't be one of them, because you're the one posing, not the one taking the photos. So I guess, perhaps, fitness skill could be levelled up... but then that leaves one spot for maybe charisma?

I'm not too sure about that, and additionally, there's also the daily task you need to do, and I don't see how that would work, either, but I don't know.

I'd kind of prefer other jobs being added like in the trades (finally putting use to that handiness skill even more), but I think it's a neat idea in itself. I just couldn't imagine myself having a sim with that job exclusively.
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
  • Tezzie7645Tezzie7645 Posts: 108 Member
    Excellent Idea
    More careers in general would be great. I loved the celebrity system in ts3, so i'd be keen for a pack with acting and modelling careers.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Excellent Idea
    Nindigo wrote: »
    One condition - it can't be female exclusive. I grow so very weary of the ginormous focus on female Sims and their appearance :(

Yes! I got me some aspiring male models just waiting to strut their stuff!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • A_Simmer123A_Simmer123 Posts: 57 Member
    Excellent Idea
    So, I do agree with this but also teens, kids, toddlers and families should be able to model too!
    Teens: Their own magazine company for teen fashion
    Kids: Their own magazine company for child fashion
    Toddlers: They are adorable so they can have a cutesy magazine company
    Families: They can all pose together for family and lifestyle magazines