Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can you trigger an opportunity?

Ok so my gardener sim was way ahead of herself and was already growing perfect plants by the time the first gardening opportunity popped up asking for all these Excellent quality fruits and such. Since I wasn't producing "excellent" plants anymore, I canceled the opportunity. All this time later, I find out that in order to be able to plant every plantable item in the game, I was supposed to have dine that challenge and 2 others that came after it in order to unlock the abilities. Now, I am not getting any opportunities and am not sure if I can do anything? Am I stuck forever not being able to complete the gardening challenge?
The Palmer Legacy -- Generation 1

It all started with Zack & Blair....

Comments

• puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    MC comes to the rescue again. Sim>basic>opportunity: by category, and of course the opportunity will be under gardening. The one you're looking for is called "uncommonly good," and you need 20 harvestables of excellent or better quality. Just a note: you won't get paid for turning in the goods, so you might want to leave your life fruit at home in the fridge. And your death flowers, for that matter, as I'm guessing you'd rather keep those as well.

By the way, the second opportunity in the chain is called "outstandingly rare," if you get stuck not receiving that one either.
  • MKSizzleMKSizzle Posts: 557 Member
    Omg thanks! So just to clarify, I can bring anything excellent or better? So if I have a bunch of outstanding and perfect I'll be fine?

@puzzlezaddict sorry for the double post but I just tried that and the only career listed is celebrity for some reason. I don't know why bit that is all it is giving me. I swear nothing ever seems to work for me

edited July 2018
    The opportunity wouldn't be listed under career, which is just one of the available categories. (And self-employed careers don't generate opportunities, although the related skills do.) You should also be able to select any skill this sim has—gardening, logic, handiness, etc. I should also clarify that the Uncommonly Good opportunity requires that the sim be at gardening level eight or higher; the next one requires level 9. But if you're overloaded with perfect produce, that shouldn't be a problem.

If you're not seeing the options, try waiting for a bit to see if they reappear. The other possibility is that your sim already has a skill-based opportunity assigned, in which case you wouldn't be able to select a new one until you cancelled the current one.

Oh, and yes, you can bring perfect produce if you want. But there's no point in delivering the high-value stuff, as the only reward is the ability to plant new objects.
    edited July 2018
    @puzzlezaddict no I mean when I click opportunity by category, it only says "celebrity" and then "all" is right above it but it only lists the generic ones and whatever the celebrity ones are. Nothing else

EDIT: Here is a pic of what I see.

c36yjXL.png

edited July 2018
    I just tried it in-game, with two different sims. The first one has a full-time job and an existing opportunity, so her options were limited to her skills; normally, there would also be a heading for "career" as well. The other sim is self-employed and already has a promised opportunity. The only categories that showed up for him were "all" and "celebrity."

If your sim doesn't have any opportunity already listed, I'd suggest right-clicking the skill opportunity icon a few times anyway. Sometimes it can get stuck. If that doesn't work, maybe an MC reset would? But that seems a bit drastic. Another process that's supposed to wipe opportunities (and promised wishes) is moving a sim or household out and back in again in Edit Town; I suppose you could split the household and evict just the one sim if you don't want to mess with the rest of the family.

Edit: I see your screenshot now. That's exactly what I saw with the self-employed sim I described above.

Second edit: Was that sim active when you took the screenshot? Because if so, she already has a promised skill opportunity—to deliver hamburgers to the police station, right? You need to cancel that one first before you can assign any others.
    Ok Well I will see what I can do. Thank you for your help!

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,425 Member
    edited July 2018
    And then triggering Exceedingly Rare that opens up, after you've completed "Uncommonly Good" (which allows you to plant egg plants and cheese plants), will allow you to plant burger patties and steak plants. :D Gotta love this game. :D

I tried planting eggs when I was a kid, oh so long ago...all I got was rotten eggs. :( Guess you can't have everything in real life. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    @Nikkei_Simmer Haha Doesn't really work out too well IRL unfortunately..

@puzzlezaddict It worked!!! Thank goodness cuz that was driving me nuts. *sigh of relief* Thank you again.