Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to enable story progression?

hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
What settings do I need to set for mccc?
2llotup.jpg
The Best of Hunni's Builds
Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)

Comments

• Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    As much as I know, it's turned on by default, it just takes a few sim days until you see any changes in the world.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited July 2018
    It is turned on by default (to a degree), but there are so many different settings that the defaults won't be right for everyone. Use an in-game computer to make sure these settings are to your liking, or edit the text file if you're comfortable with that.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    One of the drawbacks of MCCC. I stopped using it some time ago because of all the trouble of customizing its settings...

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    One of the drawbacks of MCCC. I stopped using it some time ago because of all the trouble of customizing its settings...

Me too @Nindigo, the settings were so confusing for me and I didn't know how to disable story progression. I've finally figured it out and can use MCCC again. It just has too many great options for me to skip it completely.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
    For clarification, story progression is kind of a catch all term for all the things that can happen behind the scenes in MCCC, away from the currently played household. There isn't a single switch for it, but you would turn down the rate babies are born to 0% and the same thing with marriages, and moving townies into empty homes. It's really those three settings, within their respective modules that control basic "story progression".

It's difficult to include a robust set of features without sacrificing some simplicity. But it's really not that bad once you become comfortable with navigating the menus. It's well worth it.
  • I0lly_IOI0lly_IO Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="So_Money;c-16626983"]It is turned on by default (to a degree), but there are so many different settings that the defaults won't be right for everyone. Use an in-game computer to make sure these settings are to your liking, or edit the text file if you're comfortable with that.[/quote]
    What do you mean by in-game computer, is it it one that you get in build mode
  • llamasflullamasflu Posts: 221 Member

i just can't figure out how to stop npcs' from having babies and getting married... all of the time... that's not very realistic
    tumblr_nvyznq2a181tiiy96o2_400.gifv
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,777 Member
    I0lly_IO wrote: »
    So_Money wrote: »
    It is turned on by default (to a degree), but there are so many different settings that the defaults won't be right for everyone. Use an in-game computer to make sure these settings are to your liking, or edit the text file if you're comfortable with that.
    What do you mean by in-game computer, is it it one that you get in build mode

Yes, any computer that your Sim can use.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,777 Member
    llamasflu wrote: »

i just can't figure out how to stop npcs' from having babies and getting married... all of the time... that's not very realistic

There is a help thread in this section for MCCC, they can advise you on this problem or you can contact them directly on their Discord.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913483/mc-command-center-local-help-chat-thread#latest
    https://discordapp.com/invite/AUJ8RAa