Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What lot venue should I use for roller/ice rinks?

I really wanna build some community lots with roller rinks and ice rinks (and, unrelatedly, some bowling alleys!) but I'm not sure what lot venue I should set them to? I saw a few people saying in different places to either use lounges or bars, are they better than setting a lot to generic?

For my ice rink, I wanted to set it as a restaurant, but I'm afraid that Sims won't actually use the rink and will instead focus on eating. I'd love some thoughts on these things, before I build something no Sims will show up to :neutral:
Read my Sawyer Legacy Simlit on Wordpress
- Origin ID: PolluxSims -

Comments

• zefronzefron Posts: 157 Member
    if you set it to generic people won't go to your skating rink unless you bring them there. like, townies won't even generate on the lot to fill it up.

I would suggest either a park (if outdoors), the bar, or a lounge.

if you want eating to be a main focus of the venue (aside from the rink, obviously), I would not recommend setting it as a restaurant since the functions of the restaurant will take precedence over that of the skating rink. a bar or lounge would do just fine.
    // WEREWOLF BOYBANDS //

not so berry family tree
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    I think parks work really well
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,660 Member
    I think park, but I also added one to a Gym lot, because the place seems quite busy when I visit.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • PolluxSimsPolluxSims Posts: 318 Member
    Thanks for your answers guys! I didn't realize townies wouldn't generate on generic lots (I never use them lol) so I think I'll just do a park and stick some food stalls in there or something and make a separate restaurant nearby.
    Read my Sawyer Legacy Simlit on Wordpress
    - Origin ID: PolluxSims -
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    PolluxSims wrote: »
    I really wanna build some community lots with roller rinks and ice rinks (and, unrelatedly, some bowling alleys!) but I'm not sure what lot venue I should set them to? I saw a few people saying in different places to either use lounges or bars, are they better than setting a lot to generic?

For my ice rink, I wanted to set it as a restaurant, but I'm afraid that Sims won't actually use the rink and will instead focus on eating. I'd love some thoughts on these things, before I build something no Sims will show up to :neutral:

Sims don't seem to use skating rinks no matter what you classify it as. Their just not attacted to the skating rink. Same with swings.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Apparently townies will not use the rinks in parks and cafè, haven't tested other venues.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Bar or cafe works well for me. Then they can grab a snack.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Just make skating clubs...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png