Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ok I'm done with the eyebrows...

Ok so for anyone following my sim updates, you will know about my CC eyebrows issue. I was annoyed but going along with it. It had now come to my attention, though, that the CC has carried over into my other save. Both of the twins grew into toddlers with those darn ugly eyebrows and I did NOT use them with either of their parents. So yeah, I need to just get rid of them. Only issues are they now Ben and Adam are going to have different eyebrows and so they will look different and secondly, i have no idea which file these eyebrows are. How can I see what the name of it is so I can delete it? How do I go about this?
The Palmer Legacy -- Generation 1

It all started with Zack & Blair....

Comments

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    There is no easy way to tell. You can pull items one at a time, and see when it's gone and then put the rest back, but it is pretty much trial and error. I have one pair of pants that need to go - badly re-labeled for male Sims, but not re-meshed. It's a hassle.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Are they installed as a sims3pack (launcher) or package (mods folder)? Instructions in this thread on how to identify package files:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16197336#Comment_16197336
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • MKSizzleMKSizzle Posts: 557 Member
    They are sims3pack files. I can't even search through those files though. Something is up with the Launcher and it won't let me scroll down through the list of installed content. It just keep closing on me. I am not sure why but it is making it so I can't uninstall anything because I can't even see what I have.

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    The Launcher has never been able to display all content within its tabs after one reaches a certain amount of sims3pack installed content. And yes, it will crash on us if it encounters a "bad" item among those it is able to list. There are two options here.

1 - Take the ebc files out of DCCache temporarily. This is TS3 store content and is not under suspicion, but can be moved out of the way to give the Launcher less to display each time and on each tab. Remove all but one dbc file each time, renumber the remaining one to 0, and use the Launcher to examine its contents until you find the offending item. Or at least the offending dbc file.

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-get-rid-of-unwanted-custom-content.html
    (see Method by Mell towards the end)

OR

2 - Declare all of your sims3pack installed CC a loss. Pull all dbc files out of DCCache permanently, delete them, and start rebuilding your collection of CC from the beginning.

Note that either way if the item came attached to a downloaded sim or lot, that has to be gotten rid of first or else it's just going to keep coming back and finding its way into the DCCache of installed content again. That includes any entries it might have in DCBackup.

2a - A more extreme version of (2). Declare your entire TS3 user game folder a loss and start over with a new one.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    Hank you! I just did the 1st method you suggested. It worked so I was able to just uninstall all the eyebrows in there, just to be syre. I am now loading the game up to see if it did anything. Fingers crossed.

edited July 2018
    MKSizzle wrote: »
    Hank you!
    I know it's just a simple typo and I really am kidding here, but in the past day or so I've been called "Hank" by one player and "Shirley" by another (well, actually they said "Surely," this is an old recurring joke from the movie Airplane!). None of you will ever guess my real name.
    (does Rumpelstiltskin dance off the stage)

But seriously, hope that helped get rid of it. Bad CC that is more than a simple package file to remove is always very tricky to work with and sometimes it can get the better of us.

And stop calling me Shirley. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    And don't call me Shirley! Hahaha no seriously, Hank, that was a typo.

• ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    None of you will ever guess my real name.
    (does Rumpelstiltskin dance off the stage)

Well, we could try and narrow it down. It isn't Hank, or Shirley.
    Is it Jim ?

Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    Pary wrote: »
    Is it Jim ?
    No. And I'll save you some time, it isn't Zelda either. Nor is it Cycl0n3. (tapping foot)

You do realize that, given the odds involved here, and assuming I even have what could be called a common first name, that this could take a very long while? :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Psh. Your name is Igazor. It says so right above your head!

@MKSizzle - glad you got your bad CC purged. :)
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Is it Jim ?
    No. And I'll save you some time, it isn't Zelda either. Nor is it Cycl0n3. (tapping foot)

You do realize that, given the odds involved here, and assuming I even have what could be called a common first name, that this could take a very long while? :p

Come on, this is easy. Eto Demerzel/Chetter Hummin/R. Daneel Olivaw. (Sorry, I just had to.)

But if you said you were actually Han Fastolfe, I'd probably believe you. Your ears don't happen to stick out just a bit, do they?
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Is it Jim ?

It’s got to be Josh Rodrigo Smith lll
    You seem like a Dennis. Are you a Dennis? @igazor

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    edited July 2018

Inigo Montoya!

We have time :)

• cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Ignatius?
    Your ears don't happen to stick out just a bit, do they?
    Only when it rains.

cwaddell wrote: »
    Ignatius?
    Now that one is not a bad guess given the data one has to work with (my screen name). But none of you would be able to figure out what my screen name means either, and it bears no relation to my real name.

I thought this thread was supposed to be about the OP's bad CC. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    She got that fixed! Gotta chat about something else now.

Rozagi perhaps?
    Philip??
    George, Henry, Marcus??
    Elijah.....
  • KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    edited July 2018
    Agamemnon?
    Steve?

I can rest safely knowing no one will EVER guess my real name. Oh wait...
    giphy.gif

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    KATENESS wrote: »
    I can rest safely knowing no one will EVER guess my real name. Oh wait...
    LOL

John, Paul, Ringo? Charlottesmom already said George. :)
  • cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    Huey was the first thing that came to mind. You could be a Hugh :wink:
    edited July 2018
    I don't recall agreeing to say if any of you even get this right, but none are even close so far. I kind of liked Rozagi though, that was creative. Might use that one in my game.

coco wrote: »
    Huey was the first thing that came to mind. You could be a Hugh :wink:
    It's not Dewey, Louie, Donald, or Uncle Scrooge either. Not sure I'm really seeing the resemblance.
    rs1bh7502560ccb4g.jpg
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    hmmmm, lets try simple:

Joe
    Lee
    Erik (or Eric if you want to get fancy)
    Tim
    Mike
    Larry
    Fred
    Mark
    Edwardo...hehe!

Will you tell us if we actually get it right? Mine is Becky if that helps you come out of the real name shell. :wink:
    Are there no rules to this game? I mean, eventually someone is going to post a list of a million names from the Internet and then claim to be the "winner" while they still don't know which one (if any) might have been the real answer.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    I guess that's true...though if we limit it to one name per post you will eventually fly by Emorill's huge one million view thread! :smiley:

I'm just going to call you Bob from now on. :wink: